Jopo528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jopo528

Hello all! Did DFW #10 actually happen? If not, there's a good chance I'll be in Dallas New Years weekend (getting there the 30th). If anyone's interested and will be in town/available, we should get together!

Attending:

Jopo528 + 2
justplainjulie + 1
cellochick + 1
737chick + 1?

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

cellochick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cellochick

Byron and I will be here, and we would love to see you! The evenings of the 30th or the 1st would work well for us. Anywhere particular you want to go?

Jennifer

Jopo528

cellochick wrote:Byron and I will be here, and we would love to see you! The evenings of the 30th or the 1st would work well for us. Anywhere particular you want to go?

Jennifer

Well, since I'm not familiar with the area, I'm not sure of any places that are byob. I can do some research and get back to y'all or I'm open to any suggestions. We always loved going to the Butcher Shop over on Munger (are you familiar with it?) and it's byob.
I've missed everyone and would love to get back in the loop. With school and a new job and Eric & I parting ways and the addition of a new S.O., it's just been difficult to find the time to venture out of town....
As far as timeline goes, we're looking to come in down the 30th and leaving sometime the 1st, so obviously the night of the 30th would be perfect!

Maybe something Mediterranean, Greek or Middle Eastern?

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

cellochick

OK...the 30th it is! The Butcher Shop looks great and I've never been there. 7pm?

I think we should start a new thread to set it up.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cellochick wrote:OK...the 30th it is! The Butcher Shop looks great and I've never been there. 7pm?

I think we should start a new thread to set it up.

Sad for me, wish I could join you guys!! The Butcher Shop is AWESOME. Make sure you get the truffle fries.

Mmm...

Now I want truffle fries...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cellochick

Truffle fries?!? Those sound amazing! Thanks for the recommendation! I'm really looking forward to this!

Wish you could fly down and join us! That would be fun!

justplainjulie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justplainjulie

Count us in as well!

Jopo528

Hey y'all! There could be a change of plans, but it's not set in stone. Kurt and I might to Florida right after New Years. If that happens, our flight would leave Sunday morning (the 2nd). This means we'd drive up the 1st. Definitely still want to do dinner, but the date just might be different! Should know by this coming week how it's gonna work, so I'll let y'all know! :-)

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Jopo, would you mind updating the thread title with a date? This way, it stands out a bit more for the folks who may be able to attend. Thanks!

Jopo528

Once we get date confirmation on my end and y'alls end (who's up for it for sure), I'll change the title to reflect the set in stone date & time!

737chick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 737chick

Could it be? A Dallas event I could actually attend? Count me in!

Jopo528

Ok. So looks like we'll being going to Florida right after New Years, so we'll be in town Saturday the 1st! Do y'all still want to try the Butcher Shop or is there someplace else that sounds good? And does 7:00 work for everyone? Let's make this happen!

justplainjulie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justplainjulie

The date and time work for us, and we are fine with wherever the group wants to go.

Jopo528

I've updated the 1st post to reflect who's coming. I'm going to try to make reservations next Sunday, so if you'd like to come, please let me know asap! Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

cellochick

We're still in! Looking forward to it!

Jopo528

bump

Jopo528

Ok! So, the reservation is for 7:30 at the Butcher Shop. 808 Munger St. in downtown. There us a $10 corkage fee. The guy was confused about the whole byob concept that I didn't try to get it waived. The reservation is under my last name, which is Preston. So excited to see everyone!!

INTLGerard

quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

cellochick wrote:Byron and I will be here, and we would love to see you! The evenings of the 30th or the 1st would work well for us. Anywhere particular you want to go?

Jennifer

Jennifer, check your PMs.

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

Regrets. Busy time of the year, so hope to catch up with you guys at the next dinner.

Z