hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000

Sorry for the delay guys in getting a new thread started. We have been a little non-existent lately. I will be hosting #14. Alaska1 will be back in MN for a short visit and we thought it would be nice to get together. Alaska1 was also wondering if we should have a beer or wine tasting. Does anyone have a preference? I am okay with either choice. Looking forward to seeing everyone again

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
hdavis4000 wrote:Sorry for the delay guys in getting a new thread started. We have been a little non-existent lately. I will be hosting #14. Alaska1 will be back in MN for a short visit and we thought it would be nice to get together. Alaska1 was also wondering if we should have a beer or wine tasting. Does anyone have a preference? I am okay with either choice. Looking forward to seeing everyone again

I promised to bring something I picked up on the tour, but I didn't get any beer there. I've been looking forward to the gang helping me reduce my inventory, so I vote for wine.

But, as my belly will show, I never turn down a beer, so it's not like I'll boycott if the vote turns out differently.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Crap! We can't make this date, as we have tickets to go see the 500 Hats of some little kid at the Children's Theater this night.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

Hello everyone! Well the date is getting closer and I need to know what I should send ahead of my arrival. Let me know you vote. See you all soon!!!

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

Entity.MN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Entity.MN

Does it have to be beer *or* wine? :-)

Darkness day being the day after the gathering means that the obvious beer choice will not be in attendance. (Note: After hearing that Yuengling was the beer that Obama sent to Canada's PM after they won at hockey in the Olympics, I'll admit that I am even more curious about it.) I can always come up with a couple of good EPAs if that's the direction we decide to go, though.

If it arrives in time, who is bringing d’Ontspille? Ours is going to my aunt's house on the wrong side of the Cities because of the annoying switch to FedEx, so we might have trouble logistically.

bigmay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmay

I can't say for sure but I think we'll be in attendance. And as far as a vote goes, I'm sure the fiancée would vote wine. I guess that means our vote is wine ... but I've got a bunch of well-cellared beer that I can bring too!

Alaska1

Entity.MN wrote:Does it have to be beer *or* wine? :-)

Darkness day being the day after the gathering means that the obvious beer choice will not be in attendance. (Note: After hearing that Yuengling was the beer that Obama sent to Canada's PM after they won at hockey in the Olympics, I'll admit that I am even more curious about it.) I can always come up with a couple of good EPAs if that's the direction we decide to go, though.

If it arrives in time, who is bringing d’Ontspille? Ours is going to my aunt's house on the wrong side of the Cities because of the annoying switch to FedEx, so we might have trouble logistically.

Well Yuengling is one of my Fav "everyday beer" and I can get it here in VA, sooooooo if we go with Beer and you want to come I can get a few to bring with me.

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

I think I should be able to make it with Becca. I don't care if it is wine or beer but why not both if you have a good beer to bring! I can bring D'ontspille, I have some coming.

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

otolith

Anyone want to trade a bottle of the d'ontaspille for something?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou
otolith wrote:Anyone want to trade a bottle of the d'ontaspille for something?

Not sure about trading (as we likely won't have ours by then), but we will be bringing your half of the InZinerator, if you're still interested in splitting.

otolith

samiratou wrote:Not sure about trading (as we likely won't have ours by then), but we will be bringing your half of the InZinerator, if you're still interested in splitting.

I am...but I won't be able to make it to this one...

--John Muir

samiratou

Oh right, sorry--I think I got confused between your two previous posts and forgot that you were the one that said you couldn't make it. :-(

coynedj

I too have some d'ontspille coming, and have two bottles of Racchus for you, Oto. Next time, I guess.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

coynedj

bigmay wrote:....And as far as a vote goes, I'm sure the fiancée would vote wine. I guess that means our vote is wine ....

It appears that you have learned well just how much say you have in matters. The earlier husbands-to-be figure it out, the better - right, ladies?

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen

I will be there! I'll bring a bottle that I brought back with me from my trip out to Sonoma last week. I guess that would mean my vote is also wine, not that I'd turn down beer...but I do not mix the two.

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Entity.MN and all. Surly Wet was just released on Monday in cans. My Dad just picked up my group of buddies in Rochester 6 of the 4-packs. $18/4-pack is what he paid if you can find them. Again, released on Mon, and making their way into stores now.

Alaska1

My "Supply's" are one the way. One 750 ml and two 8 oz ers. ;-)

coynedj

Alaska1 wrote:My "Supply's" are one the way. One 750 ml and two 8 oz ers. ;-)

I'm doing the opposite - two 750s and one 8 oz.

Four days and counting....

pengu1n

If anyone is going to Darkness Days on Sat and isn't planning on buying the max, can you get me one and we'll try to meet up at a wine.woot gathering?

Thanks

JanaDahlen

pengu1n wrote:If anyone is going to Darkness Days on Sat and isn't planning on buying the max, can you get me one and we'll try to meet up at a wine.woot gathering?

Thanks

I'm guessing you aren't coming to this one, right? I still have two bottles of that Uvaggio (??) for ya!

pengu1n

JanaDahlen wrote:I'm guessing you aren't coming to this one, right? I still have two bottles of that Uvaggio (??) for ya!

I have 2 bottles of Noceto Frivolo set aside for you also. It is so tasty and tempting. We will get it done sooner or later....maybe #15, or even just meet up sometime.

On a side note. Mr. Alaska1. I noticed that someone opened up a Nandos Peri Peri restaurant in DC. Would love to discuss having you ship/bring a bottle or two of sauce to MN. Their online store wants $12 for shipping for a 2-pack.

Alaska1

pengu1n wrote:I have 2 bottles of Noceto Frivolo set aside for you also. It is so tasty and tempting. We will get it done sooner or later....maybe #15, or even just meet up sometime.

On a side note. Mr. Alaska1. I noticed that someone opened up a Nandos Peri Peri restaurant in DC. Would love to discuss having you ship/bring a bottle or two of sauce to MN. Their online store wants $12 for shipping for a 2-pack.

I will have to check that out. Not sure I could get it before Fri. Sorry.

hdavis4000

Tomorrow is the day!! I am thinking we can start anytime after 6pm if that works for everyone. It looks like we will have a mix of wine and beer to taste. If everyone who is coming could let me know and I can send out directions if needed. Any questions, let me know!

Alaska1

hdavis4000 wrote:Tomorrow is the day!! I am thinking we can start anytime after 6pm if that works for everyone. It looks like we will have a mix of wine and beer to taste. If everyone who is coming could let me know and I can send out directions if needed. Any questions, let me know!

I got your addy. Thanks! See you then! :-)

JanaDahlen

I'll be there!!! I think I know where you live, but send me your address just in case. ;-)

coynedj

I be coming! No need to send the address - I know where you live.

bigmay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmay

We'll be there. I'm sure I have the address somewhere but I can't find it.

samiratou

I've got your addy, no worries.

Pengu1n, I think we should have an extra slot, so we'll pick up a bottle for you.

Not sure when we'll get there--depends on how the work/child/wine acquisition goes.

hdavis4000

bigmay wrote:We'll be there. I'm sure I have the address somewhere but I can't find it.

I PM'd you the address. Let me know if you don't get it!

coynedj

OK, ye Surly aficionados. I decided to bring a different beer tomorrow, and stopped by my local shop. They had a goodly amount of four Surly varieties - Wet, Bitter, Cynic, and Fest, if I remember correctly. Are any of these insane, you're a maroon if you don't buy them deals?

Entity.MN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Entity.MN
coynedj wrote:OK, ye Surly aficionados. I decided to bring a different beer tomorrow, and stopped by my local shop. They had a goodly amount of four Surly varieties - Wet, Bitter, Cynic, and Fest, if I remember correctly. Are any of these insane, you're a maroon if you don't buy them deals?

In addition to whatever wine I end up picking up to bring with tonight, I will have a can or two of the Wet with me, too, so you can decide for yourself. :-)

pengu1n

coynedj wrote:OK, ye Surly aficionados. I decided to bring a different beer tomorrow, and stopped by my local shop. They had a goodly amount of four Surly varieties - Wet, Bitter, Cynic, and Fest, if I remember correctly. Are any of these insane, you're a maroon if you don't buy them deals?

The Fest is pretty good this year. They change the formula year to year. My buddy is getting me a bottle of Darkness tomorrow so ignore my previous request for one.

Jealous of everyone showing up tonight. Nov is wide open in the evenings for me, so maybe next month.

INTLGerard

quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

hdavis4000...please check your PM

minnesotamoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minnesotamoon

Johnny come lately here;) I'm going to try and make it tonight. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

"Wine drinkers make grape lovers"

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

Just leaving in a few mins! See you soon!

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

JanaDahlen

I forgot to say "thank-you" to my sister for hosting. It was so great to see all the familiar faces!!!

When's the next one???