joannevicious

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious

NorCal #7
Sunday, October 10th @ 5.30pm
10.10.10 (gotta love the binary-ness)
Berkeley @ joannevicious's place, aka "The Tree House" (you'll see)
Theme (open to adjustment): favorite Napa and Sonoma wineries/wines
sub-There (not open to adjustment): General AWESOMENESS and Rock n Roll

Some otterific will be provided, as well as some food stuffs. Please feel free to bring additional portions of both. Also: WINE.

PM me for address/directions.

ROCK STAR:
joannevicious + >3
tenuki + 1
klezman + 1(?)

APATHETIC:

NOT A-W-E-S-O-M-E:
MarkDaSpark (is sick)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
joannevicious wrote:So I know y'all just finished #6 but I have a brief breathing moment to think about a number 7, which I can host at my new digs in Berkeley, which also means that I can actually go.

Here are some possible dates:
Saturday 10/16
Saturday 11/6
Saturday 11/13
Saturday 11/20

Let me know

Any chance it would be ready on 10/9? Since ERMD will be up that way, and I'm really leaning on going up then as well.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joannevicious

MarkDaSpark wrote:Any chance it would be ready on 10/9? Since ERMD will be up that way, and I'm really leaning on going up then as well.

10/9 could work.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
joannevicious wrote:So I know y'all just finished #6 but I have a brief breathing moment to think about a number 7, which I can host at my new digs in Berkeley, which also means that I can actually go.

Saturday 10/16
Saturday 11/6
Saturday 11/13
Saturday 11/20

Let me know

Ooh, where'd you move to? 10/16 is out since Vegas crush is that weekend.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Most likely in regardless of the date. I had mentioned in another thread trying to do something when bawhm and ddeuddeg were here. More opportunities to drink wine are always welcome, though!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

joannevicious

klezman wrote:Most likely in regardless of the date. I had mentioned in another thread trying to do something when bawhm and ddeuddeg were here. More opportunities to drink wine are always welcome, though!

When are they here? And always with the drinking.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
joannevicious wrote:When are they here? And always with the drinking.

Copied from the Healdsburg thread from ddeuddeg's post: "We'll be at a Quivira wine release party and Farm to Table dinner for most of that day, but have no confirmed plans for Sunday at this point. Thinking about heading into San Francisco to see the Impressionist exhibit at the de Young."

We are arriving in Sacramento Fri Oct 8th AM and plan on doing some tastings in Lodi. Sat is pretty well tied up with driving and at Quivira. We're not totally sure how long the dinner will last on Sat. evening. We'll be staying at the BW in Healdsburg. Sunday is somewhat open, but we're not sure. Flight out Monday from Sacramento around 2 PM.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

Saturday 10/16
Saturday 11/6
Saturday 11/13
Saturday 11/20

Let me know

The first two dates are a no go for me. Either of the second two will work.

Looking forward to finally getting to meet you

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:The first two dates are a no go for me. Either of the second two will work.

Looking forward to finally getting to meet you

Sounds like there will a few wooters in the area that weekend.

If that Saturday night (10/9) doesn't work, how is that Sunday afternoon (10/10) for a gathering? Maybe from 2 pm to 8 pm? I know some have to leave on Monday.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joannevicious

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sounds like there will a few wooters in the area that weekend.

If that Saturday night (10/9) doesn't work, how is that Sunday afternoon (10/10) for a gathering? Maybe from 2 pm to 8 pm? I know some have to leave on Monday.

I would *much* rather do Saturday the 9th over Sunday the 10th so I can have my Sunday to "recover."

Saturday the 9th work for everyone? If so, what time(s)?

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Just a thought..Bottle Shots 2010;wine and a charity

MarkDaSpark

ERMD wrote:Just a thought..Bottle Shots 2010;wine and a charity

If (and that's a small one, probably more like when) I go up that weekend, I'll be at the Sibling Rivalry: Napa vs. Sonoma PS at David Fulton Winery (across from Scott Harvey's) that night (the 8th).

joannevicious

Date/time. Thoughts? Does that work? Best o' NorCal Wineries? Other ideas?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
joannevicious wrote:Date/time. Thoughts? Does that work? Best o' NorCal Wineries? Other ideas?

Again, count us (ddeuddeg and bahwm) out for Saturday. Sunday, maybe, depending on where/when.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

joannevicious

ddeuddeg wrote:Again, count us (ddeuddeg and bahwm) out for Saturday. Sunday, maybe, depending on where/when.

What about the 10th? Does that work BETTER for most people?

klezman

joannevicious wrote:What about the 10th? Does that work BETTER for most people?

Yes, unless I'm out of town all weekend anyway.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

Yes

tenuki

Yeah, 9th is still sketchy for me due to roommate's bday, but since you're in Berkeley, could probably make it. 10th is free.

CT

joannevicious

tenuki wrote:Yeah, 9th is still sketchy for me due to roommate's bday, but since you're in Berkeley, could probably make it. 10th is free.

The 10th it is. Since it's a "school" night I would prefer starting in the earlier evening (6ish?) Does that work for people?

MarkDaSpark

joannevicious wrote:The 10th it is. Since it's a "school" night I would prefer starting in the earlier evening (6ish?) Does that work for people?

Fine by me.

rfrusso

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rfrusso
MarkDaSpark wrote:Fine by me.

Is this an open event? or invitation only?

MarkDaSpark

rfrusso wrote:Is this an open event? or invitation only?

Usually open invitation to Wine.Wooters, but check with host/hostess and introduce yourselves here and/or via PM first.

And usually you have to PM to get the address anyway.

Usually not open to public, so no posting elsewhere or open invites, but hosts/hostesses will sometimes have their friends over as well. Probably since they have all these internet weirdos coming over.

joannevicious

MarkDaSpark wrote:Usually open invitation to Wine.Wooters, but check with host/hostess and introduce yourselves here and/or via PM first.

And usually you have to PM to get the address anyway.

Usually not open to public, so no posting elsewhere or open invites, but hosts/hostesses will sometimes have their friends over as well. Probably since they have all these internet weirdos coming over.

Well stated, sir.

joannevicious

rfrusso wrote:Is this an open event? or invitation only?

As Mark said, open to wine wooters and a select few non-wine wooters of trusted wooters (i.e., some of my wine-loving friends and prob tenuki's usual accompanying duo and others?).

tenuki

joannevicious wrote:As Mark said, open to wine wooters and a select few non-wine wooters of trusted wooters (i.e., some of my wine-loving friends and prob tenuki's usual accompanying duo and others?).

Haha, probably J but worstveg out of town.

CT

joannevicious

tenuki wrote:Haha, probably J but worstveg out of town.

S.O.B.
she will be missed

Does this mean that you are in? Shall I count you as IN?

xxooxxoo

klezman

joannevicious wrote:S.O.B.
she will be missed

xxooxxoo

Count me in - maybe +1 depending on when she returns from Tahoe. She won't consume much wine, though.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks and seeing now-so-new ones!

tenuki

joannevicious wrote:S.O.B.
she will be missed

xxooxxoo

I'm in, J's a maybe.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Bump.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tenuki

tenuki wrote:I'm in, J's a maybe.

J's in, attempting to bring wine jelly. I have no idea what that is.

Not sure what wines I'm bringing yet. I'm sure one of them will be sweet/dessert type as I seem to have bought a lot of those lately.

CT

joannevicious

Sweet. Seems like we're reaching a relative critical mass of people. I will provide a Wellington (Roussanne, Marsanne, or Chardonnay) and a Ridge (prob a Zin or blend). I obvs have more Napa/Sonoma wines if needed.

tenuki

joannevicious wrote:Sweet. Seems like we're reaching a relative critical mass of people. I will provide a Wellington (Roussanne, Marsanne, or Chardonnay) and a Ridge (prob a Zin or blend). I obvs have more Napa/Sonoma wines if needed.

Funny, I remember you telling Sasha she didn't have to open her Ridge, even though she kept trying to

CT

joannevicious

tenuki wrote:Funny, I remember you telling Sasha she didn't have to open her Ridge, even though she kept trying to

touche

klezman

joannevicious wrote:Sweet. Seems like we're reaching a relative critical mass of people. I will provide a Wellington (Roussanne, Marsanne, or Chardonnay) and a Ridge (prob a Zin or blend). I obvs have more Napa/Sonoma wines if needed.

I will take a look and see what might be ready to drink. Maybe a Ty or Roche, probably red.

joannevicious

klezman wrote:I will take a look and see what might be ready to drink. Maybe a Ty or Roche, probably red.

*subliminalmessage*RocheRocheRocheRocheRoche*/subliminalmessage*

klezman

joannevicious wrote:*subliminalmessage*RocheRocheRocheRocheRoche*/subliminalmessage*

PM for you

tenuki

joannevicious wrote:*subliminalmessage*RocheRocheRocheRocheRoche*/subliminalmessage*

J said no wine jelly, she mentioned something but I forgot what :p. Can I get address please? I'll send pm too.

How many people are we looking at? It might affect which dessert wine I bring.

CT

joannevicious

tenuki wrote:J said no wine jelly, she mentioned something but I forgot what :p. Can I get address please? I'll send pm too.

How many people are we looking at? It might affect which dessert wine I bring.

We're looking at like 10ish people

MarkDaSpark

joannevicious wrote:We're looking at like 10ish people

Make it 9ish .... woke up earlier with a sore throat, stuffy nobe, and a slight fever. Think I caught a code.

Started feeling a little hot last night, and took mega Vitamin C, but didn't help yet.

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Make it 9ish .... woke up earlier with a sore throat, stuffy nobe, and a slight fever. Think I caught a code.

Started feeling a little hot last night, and took mega Vitamin C, but didn't help yet.

Ick, sorry man.

CT