0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Trying for first sucker...

edit: if any of the locals want to split, let me know.

edit^2: I also believe this is my first Scott Harvey buy...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tomaste

quality posts: 13 Private Messages tomaste
nmachen wrote:I haven't opened a bottle from the last offer yet - should I buy more anyway??????

haha! Oh wait, if this question isn't rhetorical, then yes. Scott Harvey is an auto buy.

Kailadriel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kailadriel

I want. I want bad. What's more important - buying an anniversary present or buying myself some lovely wine?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Just received my wine club shipment of this yesterday and promptly cracked open a bottle. This stuff is gorgeous - fully dry, with black cherries and dark fruits on the nose, black pepper, chocolate, and plum on the palate, and a lingering finish of vanilla and spice. Goes down easy, with very little air time required.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone

Argh, curses for not having room for more bottles. That's still a great price.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
nmachen wrote:I haven't opened a bottle from the last offer yet - should I buy more anyway??????

The port in this wine really stands out and sweetens this wine up. It's certainly a different sort of Zin mix, so if you haven't tried it and confirmed you like it, I'd probably hold off on buying more.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

mrkevinkiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrkevinkiley

Can someone tell me how this compares to the 2006? I really think highly of Mr. Harvey and his participation on this board, but man oh man that 2006 just wasn't drinkable. I still have half a dozen bottles collecting dust.

Is the 2007 as over-the-top?

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

I haven't opened a bottle from the last offer yet - should I buy more anyway??????

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

xiaodown

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xiaodown

I would buy more, but I think I still have 6 bottles of this in my basement.

Plus a SH Riesling and a barbera and I think maybe one of the 2006 inzins.

~100-120 bottles wooted so far (it gets hard to tell cause the wife buys some too...).
Always eager to learn.
Southwest VA.

tomaste

mrkevinkiley wrote:Can someone tell me how this compares to the 2006? I really think highly of Mr. Harvey and his participation on this board, but man oh man that 2006 just wasn't drinkable. I still have half a dozen bottles collecting dust.

Nope, this is much more like the 2004 vintage.

jobberizer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jobberizer

No Missouri?! Booooooo

lindaped

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindaped

why is Missouri not on the list of states?

k1avg

quality posts: 82 Private Messages k1avg
redwinefan wrote:The port in this wine really stands out and sweetens this wine up. It's certainly a different sort of Zin mix, so if you haven't tried it and confirmed you like it, I'd probably hold off on buying more.

Yup. I just wasn't really a huge fan.

--
Lawyer (of sorts) by day. Drinker of fine wines, homebrewer of fine beers, connoisseur of fine Scotches by night.
The current holdings.

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

I have stayed away from this entire bloody woot off, but yeah Scott Harvey = auto buy.

Now to decide on 1 or 2. :D

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

glassglass

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glassglass

Again, only available in 21 states. Unavailable in 29 states. Bummer.... NH & VT are not included. I sent order from last offering to my brother in MN, good for him!

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

OK I'm in for one... this sounds yummy. Still looking for labrat volunteers? I'm available and willing!

bcperlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcperlow
jobberizer wrote:No Missouri?! Booooooo

2nd... er 3rd

scribbly

michaepf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf

I dunno - I've had two bottles of this now. I really don't know much about wine, but there's a sweetness in the finish that just puts me off. Having gone back and reread some of the forum posts, this appears to be due to a higher-than-average residual sugar:

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4071888

Maybe that's from the port that was blended in? In the past, I hadn't even thought about the fact that I prefer my reds dry, so I suppose this was a useful learning experience. That said, the remaining two bottles have been moved to the "housewarming gift" shelf.

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

nmachen

Am I in some kind of time warp? There are two responses to my previous post that are listed as being written at earlier times than the original post. Strange...

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum

2007: It was a verryyy good year for California wine grapes---long and even with few temp spikes.

I'm a rat and in for a case.

cheron98

How good is this deal?

Delicious deal!

Click the link for full discount details, links, etc.

hcnate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hcnate

To show my dedication, I got this party started by ordering one before heading off to work.

I would really love to Rat!

Edit: Oh well on the recycled description. Still really looking forward to this juice.

KCFly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KCFly
bcperlow wrote:2nd... er 3rd

Yeah, what they said! Why no MO?

bcperlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcperlow
KCFly wrote:Yeah, what they said! Why no MO?

In the previous offer of this the winemaker said to call Scott Harvey HQ and they would match the deal and ship to "many" states not listed here. Not sure if that applies to woot-off. But if you're dying to try it... make the call! And don't call yet. It's 7:30a out there.

scribbly

cheron98

redwinefan wrote:The port in this wine really stands out and sweetens this wine up. It's certainly a different sort of Zin mix, so if you haven't tried it and confirmed you like it, I'd probably hold off on buying more.

See, I really really have to disagree. Maybe your palate is just more attuned to sweetness, but I just had this one, the 2007, last night, and I didn't find it to be sweet at all. Fruity, yes, but certainly not sweet.

cheron98

Kailadriel wrote:I want. I want bad. What's more important - buying an anniversary present or buying myself some lovely wine?

Do both - Buy this AS the anniversary present If it's your own anniversary, extra score - otherwise, give one away as the present and keep 3 for yourself!

cheron98

mrkevinkiley wrote:Can someone tell me how this compares to the 2006? I really think highly of Mr. Harvey and his participation on this board, but man oh man that 2006 just wasn't drinkable. I still have half a dozen bottles collecting dust.

2006 used some grape juice concentrate that pushed the RS to be quite high, making it a sweet wine. After much deliberation and conversation with his faithful followers, he returned to the drier style for 2007, so this one is much more similar to the 2004 vintage.

Don't let that port % scare you - that wasn't what made the 2006 sweet.

ssounit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ssounit

Same price that it was offered for on 8-9-10. Not really a great Woot Off offering.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

No rats here. Check the original offer last August for all 10 of the rat reports.

CT

tomaste

cheron98 wrote:See, I really really have to disagree. Maybe your palate is just more attuned to sweetness, but I just had this one, the 2007, last night, and I didn't find it to be sweet at all. Fruity, yes, but certainly not sweet.

Agreed! The fruit is strong in the nose, but you can tell its not sweet by doing the nose-plugged-taste-test.

I also had some of this last night, and was lamenting the fact that I only had a few bottles left.

Yay for more InZin!

solidary121

quality posts: 7 Private Messages solidary121

Well, it's been quite a while since I added to my 42-bottle wine chiller, but my first Ty Caton and my second InZINerator purchases this week mean that I'll have to make some room. :-D

Oh, and any chance that we might see some Kent Rasmussen or any late harvest/icewines? Those are always big hits when I take them to my friends who aren't particularly wine-lovers.

EDIT: Shucks, I should have known no labrats would be done during a Woot-Off, but I was hopeful with the message on the write-up.

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13

Bought three last time this was up and just grabbed two more. Echoing the sentiments of many here, SH is an auto-buy but the budget only allows two with several other wine wootoff buys. Was really pleased to see the Cornerstone Cab come back and as we missed the new Ty release last Friday, fingers crossed that might show up, WD...nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

By the way, today is Ty's birthday, so jump on Facebook and wish him a happy one!

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench

Yeah, I know everyone has moaned about their own personal state not being on the list, but no one has said NC.

So no North Carolina either....

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

JanFP

quality posts: 11 Private Messages JanFP

What a delicious dilemma. I still have my $5 coupon. Do I go for InZinerator, or wait and see what's behind door number two?

Too much wine, too many beer-drinking friends

DingleBarry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DingleBarry
nmachen wrote:Am I in some kind of time warp? There are two responses to my previous post that are listed as being written at earlier times than the original post. Strange...

Were you listening to me, Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ssounit wrote:Same price that it was offered for on 8-9-10. Not really a great Woot Off offering.

The Woot Off pricing is pretty much always the same as the regular offerings. Don't know what makes you think you would see better pricing during the woot off.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

Ok I went in for 2, splitting with a friend.

But are there rats during woot offs? If so, put me down!!! I always thought there were not...

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

I can't believe it's been 2 years since I last bought InZINerator:
2008 deal

I'm in!

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

nmachen

DingleBarry wrote:Were you listening to me, Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?

I must have been unplugged during those few minutes - thanks for the clarification (and the reminder about the woman in the red dress.)

- Maria Robinson