tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Okay, tabling Friday night for now, if people are around maybe we'll do something but ... Saturday we'll probably hit Vincent Arroyo first to pick up wines, and then maybe a place or two on the way down to Scott Harvey Harvest party, followed by Ty Caton after party at night. Sparky and I have also each signed up a team to stomp grapes at Scott Harvey and I know you don't want to miss that sight!

CT

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

You won't come to mine so I won't go to yours...

...maybe.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

I could be in. Most likely will be in. I'm sure you're shocked. So long as I am in town, that is. September is an interesting month...

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

boo. I'd be in but kinda hard to be in from Miami.

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

Do it! You know you want to...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

I was gonna suggest the 11th, but that's the weekend Adultcon is in LA, and I'm not sure I can tear Nostrom0 or Java away that weekend. Boys with toys you know ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:I was gonna suggest the 11th, but that's the weekend Adultcon is in LA, and I'm not sure I can tear Nostrom0 or Java away that weekend. Boys with toys you know ....

Hmmmm. Scott Harvey is having his first grape stomping contest at the vineyard in St. Helena, CA on Saturday, September 18th. 1:00pm - 6:00pm.

How far away are you? And is anyone interested in making a team (2 people: stomper and sweeper)? The winner of each heat will win a Jana or Scott Harvey T-Shirt along with a Magnum of one of our wines and the winning team of the final heat will receive a big 3 Liter bottle of wine.

Open to wine club members now, and general public on Sept. 1st.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:I was gonna suggest the 11th, but that's the weekend Adultcon is in LA, and I'm not sure I can tear Nostrom0 or Java away that weekend. Boys with toys you know ....

If y'all are thinking about coming up, make it the 18th (we're talking Sept. right?). Scott Harvey's harvest party but also Sonoma Crush festival, Wellington and Caton are involved. Though there doesn't seem to be a one day ticket and I'll probably spend most of Sat. at Vincent Arroyo and Scott Harvey with mewalk, so not sure.

CT

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hmmmm. Scott Harvey is having his first grape stomping contest at the vineyard in St. Helena, CA on Saturday, September 18th. 1:00pm - 6:00pm.

How far away are you? And is anyone interested in making a team (2 people: stomper and sweeper)? The winner of each heat will win a Jana or Scott Harvey T-Shirt along with a Magnum of one of our wines and the winning team of the final heat will receive a big 3 Liter bottle of wine.

Open to wine club members now, and general public on Sept. 1st.

Probably too far away to host and enjoy wine country, takes me like an hour and a half, and you'll probably want to stay closer to Sonoma then you will Walnut Creek :P Either way, I'm fine hosting just seems silly. I already rsvp'd a team, lol, though I don't have a partner, was waiting for worstveg to confirm, she might be going to chicago, and if she wasn't coming I was going to spring it on Mel

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:If y'all are thinking about coming up, make it the 18th (we're talking Sept. right?). Scott Harvey's harvest party but also Sonoma Crush festival, Wellington and Caton are involved. Though there doesn't seem to be a one day ticket and I'll probably spend most of Sat. at Vincent Arroyo and Scott Harvey with mewalk, so not sure.

Also the Ty Caton & Michael Muscardini special anniversary evening for wine club members (myself and 2 others free, $10 for each additional):

Saturday, September 18th, 2010
5:00 pm ~ 8:00 pm

So maybe host on that Friday (17th), and then we have the weekend in Napa/Sonoma? Could hit Vincent Arroyo again as well.

mewalk707

tenuki wrote:Probably too far away to host and enjoy wine country, takes me like an hour and a half, and you'll probably want to stay closer to Sonoma then you will Walnut Creek :P Either way, I'm fine hosting just seems silly. I already rsvp'd a team, lol, though I don't have a partner, was waiting for worstveg to confirm, she might be going to chicago, and if she wasn't coming I was going to spring it on Mel

Sparky already beat ya to it. "It" being me... I feel so wanted!!

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:Sparky already beat ya to it. "It" being me... I feel so wanted!!

Wait, what? Nooooo! What time slot did you pick Sparky? I went for 3 p.m., so pick a different one and hopefully we'll be in the finals, lol. Though honestly I just wanted to stomp, and if partner wanted to stomp too we'd just be less efficient and have fun :P

CT

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Also the Ty Caton & Michael Muscardini special anniversary evening for wine club members (myself and 2 others free, $10 for each additional):

Saturday, September 18th, 2010
5:00 pm ~ 8:00 pm

So maybe host on that Friday (17th), and then we have the weekend in Napa/Sonoma? Could hit Vincent Arroyo again as well.

Maybe, I guess can check interest. Worstveg may be out of town though and J'll be in Vegas, it'd be kinda funny if I dragged them to all these different things and once I finally host one neither of them are around

p.s. I also should check with roommates, one of them has a friend visiting at the end of the month and if she's sleeping in the living room it might make celebrations a little more interesting :P Not sure what dates though.

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Maybe, I guess can check interest. Worstveg may be out of town though and J'll be in Vegas, it'd be kinda funny if I dragged them to all these different things and once I finally host one neither of them are around

p.s. I also should check with roommates, one of them has a friend visiting at the end of the month and if she's sleeping in the living room it might make celebrations a little more interesting :P Not sure what dates though.

Nevermind on the 17th .... I may have Jury Duty then. Hopefully I'll finish earlier in the week, but it could drag out til Friday.

Thinking of flying out early Saturday morning to SFO, and then leave early on Sunday to try to get back for the LA Lobstah Festival.

Jet Blue is having their $49 sale.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

That weekend is no good - except later on Saturday night and Sunday. That'd be Yom Kippur and I'll be fasting with little chance of wine drinking.

I nearly cried when I saw both Scott's and Ty's emails this week.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
tenuki wrote:If y'all are thinking about coming up, make it the 18th (we're talking Sept. right?). Scott Harvey's harvest party but also Sonoma Crush festival, Wellington and Caton are involved. Though there doesn't seem to be a one day ticket and I'll probably spend most of Sat. at Vincent Arroyo and Scott Harvey with mewalk, so not sure.

all activities seem good. i might have to make an appearance! Still stomping places?

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Nevermind on the 17th .... I may have Jury Duty then. Hopefully I'll finish earlier in the week, but it could drag out til Friday.

Thinking of flying out early Saturday morning to SFO, and then leave early on Sunday to try to get back for the LA Lobstah Festival.

Jet Blue is having their $49 sale.

Mmm, I went to lobsterfest a couple years ago, should have gotten two I'll just assume we're not doing Friday then or any official gathering besides hitting a lot of stuff Saturday.

klezman wrote:That weekend is no good - except later on Saturday night and Sunday. That'd be Yom Kippur and I'll be fasting with little chance of wine drinking.

Oh, that sucks, also means worstveg is probably out since I don't think either of us realize about Yom Kippur.

richardhod wrote:all activities seem good. i might have to make an appearance! Still stomping places?

Yeah, come up and stomp Might need a partner too now that Sparky stole Mel (okay, so I hadn't asked her yet but ...)

CT

richardhod

klezman wrote:That weekend is no good - except later on Saturday night and Sunday. That'd be Yom Kippur and I'll be fasting with little chance of wine drinking.

the calendar's probably all out.. all that footling with Julian, gregorian calendars etc means I bet the Authorities have got it wrong, and if you don't tell 'em we won't....

mewalk707

I think we found our designated driver for the weekend.

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:I think we found our designated driver for the weekend.

We're scheduled for the stomp at 2 pm, so we have a chance (ha,ha,ha) to meet Kev in the finals at 5pm.

And how many want to go to the Ty Caton anniversary afterwards? Need a count for the RSVP.

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:We're scheduled for the stomp at 2 pm, so we have a chance (ha,ha,ha) to meet Kev in the finals at 5pm.

And how many want to go to the Ty Caton anniversary afterwards? Need a count for the RSVP.

I'd be up for Caton, but kinda depends if I can convince anyone to join us that day and how they feel. It'd be a long day to wake up early and drive out to VA from here, and then party all day.

CT

mewalk707

MarkDaSpark wrote:We're scheduled for the stomp at 2 pm, so we have a chance (ha,ha,ha) to meet Kev in the finals at 5pm.

If I say yes to Ty's party then I'm going to look into getting a room in Sonoma. Sparky, do you already have your lodging worked out? Know of any deals?

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:If I say yes to Ty's party then I'm going to look into getting a room in Sonoma. Sparky, do you already have your lodging worked out? Know of any deals?

Not yet, was going to check tomorrow.

richardhod

mewalk707 wrote:If I say yes to Ty's party then I'm going to look into getting a room in Sonoma. Sparky, do you already have your lodging worked out? Know of any deals?

keep me posted!

MarkDaSpark

Yipes.

Seems like most in Sonoma are booked. Or really expensive for the 18th.

$140 - Napa Valley Redwood Inn
3380 Solano Ave, Napa, CA - 7.9 miles

$149 - Travelodge Napa Valley Hotel Suites
853 Coombs St, Napa, CA - 8.9 miles

$149 - Chablis Inn Napa Valley
3360 Solano Ave, Napa, CA - 7.9 miles

$162 - Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
5001 Main St, American Canyon, CA - 13.1 miles

And while Hotwire was offering $39, I think it was for Santa Rosa-Rohnert Park-Petaluma hotels. $143 for a 2.5 star in Napa area.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yipes.

Seems like most in Sonoma are booked. Or really expensive for the 18th.

$140 - Napa Valley Redwood Inn
3380 Solano Ave, Napa, CA - 7.9 miles

$149 - Travelodge Napa Valley Hotel Suites
853 Coombs St, Napa, CA - 8.9 miles

$149 - Chablis Inn Napa Valley
3360 Solano Ave, Napa, CA - 7.9 miles

$162 - Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
5001 Main St, American Canyon, CA - 13.1 miles

And while Hotwire was offering $39, I think it was for Santa Rosa-Rohnert Park-Petaluma hotels. $143 for a 2.5 star in Napa area.

Bueller? Bueller?

mewalk707

MarkDaSpark wrote:Bueller? Bueller?

I'm still in, but at those prices I might just stay sober and drive home.

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:I'm still in, but at those prices I might just stay sober and drive home.

At those prices I might drive home and get drunk!!!!

mewalk707

MarkDaSpark wrote:At those prices I might drive home and get drunk!!!!

You're welcome to come to my house... it's only an hour in the wrong direction.

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:You're welcome to come to my house... it's only an hour in the wrong direction.

You're speaking to the wrong person. An hour? Pshaw! Oh wait, you're not speaking of traffic!

Tempting. Or should I say Temptress???

tenuki

Kinda random coincidence but the Berkeley Wine Meetup group set the Scott Harvey party as one of their meetings, so I might be meeting more strangers there, and hopefully find a stomping partner.

CT

mewalk707

MarkDaSpark wrote:You're speaking to the wrong person. An hour? Pshaw! Oh wait, you're not speaking of traffic!

Tempting. Or should I say Temptress???

eeeasy big fella...

But seriously, you're welcome to stay at my house. Are you coming up friday or saturday?

tenuki

Have either of you talked to V Arroyo yet about if it's okay to pick up our orders Saturday?

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Bueller? Bueller?

Fairfield-Napa Valley HI Express

$99.

Go get 'em.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:eeeasy big fella...

But seriously, you're welcome to stay at my house. Are you coming up friday or saturday?

Jury Duty is done (didn't get on one, phew!), so will drive up on Friday. Just not sure if driving all the way or stopping short. Skipping LA Lobster Fest, since my partner in crime is skipping it this year.

Will take you up on Saturday night (I like Free!!).

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Have either of you talked to V Arroyo yet about if it's okay to pick up our orders Saturday?

Hadn't thought about it yet. Shipping is in Oct/Nov, so not sure if we can.

Will try calling tomorrow.

Edit: Plus, do we really want the wine sitting in our cars all day long????

MarkDaSpark

Dang it!

Small Lot Wine Tours invited you to Sibling Rivalry - Napa vs. Sonoma Petite Sirah.

Sibling Rivalry-Napa vs. Sonoma Petite Sirah

Friday, October 8 at 7:00pm

When is the Vegas trip again?

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hadn't thought about it yet. Shipping is in Oct/Nov, so not sure if we can.

Will try calling tomorrow.

Edit: Plus, do we really want the wine sitting in our cars all day long????

Oh, Melanie and I both have pickup orders of the port, thought you had an order waiting as well.

CT

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Dang it!

Small Lot Wine Tours invited you to Sibling Rivalry - Napa vs. Sonoma Petite Sirah.

Weekend after, 15th or whatever. Hmm, how much is the sibling rivalry thing?

CT

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
MarkDaSpark wrote:Dang it!

Wasn't there supposed to be a after your comment?!

Vegas is October 15-18.