Le Caramel Three - Pack Sampler
$19.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Delicious, Addictive, Yummy
Products:
1 Caramel Cream made with Salted Butter 14 ounce jar
1 Caramel Topping made with Salted Butter 14.5 ounce jar
1 Caramel Syrup 13 ounce bottle

Product website

Looks like $35 plus shipping, directly from them.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Crlygrl34

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Crlygrl34

Would this be a good gift for the inlaws with a sweet tooth?

greenmonkey125

quality posts: 10 Private Messages greenmonkey125
Crlygrl34 wrote:Would this be a good gift for the inlaws with a sweet tooth?

I think it would be a great gift for ANYBODY!

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

What is the shelf life after opening?

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

$25 for about 3 lbs of sugar

masterzora

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterzora
Cesare wrote:Le Caramel Three - Pack Sampler
$19.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Delicious, Addictive, Yummy
Products:
1 Caramel Cream made with Salted Butter 14 ounce jar
1 Caramel Topping made with Salted Butter 14.5 ounce jar
1 Caramel Syrup 13 ounce bottle

Product website

Looks like $25 plus shipping, directly from them.

Actually, $35 plus shipping. You seem to have forgotten the syrup!

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink

Any thoughts or details on the shelf-life once opened? Will it crystalize after a certian period or must it be refigerated?

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

masterzora

dliidlii wrote:$25 for about 3 lbs of sugar

You say that like it's a bad thing!

masterzora

jwink wrote:Any thoughts or details on the shelf-life once opened? Will it crystalize after a certian period or must it be refigerated?

The product description for the topping seems to imply that there is no need for refrigeration, and I can only assume all three products to be the same on that ground.

tummer70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tummer70

Wow, I lived in San diego for 20 years.. I wish I would have seen this product there. looks pretty good.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

The caramel topping is smoking good, it came with my "I am proud to say" first rattage!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

tummer70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tummer70

The picture on the middle bottle is from Balboa Park in San Diego. pretty cool.. Balboa Park is the 2nd largest urban park in the country modeled after Central Park. I think I might buy this product for the art work also.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

I LOVE caramel (thanks woot - awesome bday present!) - but I have to ask, since I can't find ingredients anywhere (and I'd love to see a full list) - are these products trans-fat free?

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

GaleForce

quality posts: 12 Private Messages GaleForce

I'm in for one, this looks absolutely delicious. Plus, I haven't had a product from w.w in a while since cash was tight and there wasn't really any wine or product that I wanted that badly (like Wellington, or a Woot Cellars offer, or basically something that was an insane deal and I couldn't pass up). Have a well-paying job finally so I've really looking forward to sending some disposable income Woot's way. I know normal Woot will never have anything good up on their website; I can just see another Roomba or something popping up tomorrow. I'm lucky if one item during a woot-off looks good enough to buy. Anyway, I can't wait to try this.

Oh and really Woot? The word "Woot" isn't included in your spellchecker?

MrCaramel

quality posts: 27 Private Messages MrCaramel
fairnymph wrote:I LOVE caramel (thanks woot - awesome bday present!) - but I have to ask, since I can't find ingredients anywhere (and I'd love to see a full list) - are these products trans-fat free?

My caramels sauces are trans-fat free. Please find the ingredients list below:

Caramel Cream:
sugar, whole milk, corn syrup, cream, salted butter, dextrose, sea salt and natural vanilla extract.

Caramel Topping:
same as caramel cream (but the recipe is different ;-)

Caramel Syrup:
sugar, water and corn syrup

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

Oh no, caramel "juice" to go with my "caramel juice"... Decisions...

MrCaramel

jwink wrote:Any thoughts or details on the shelf-life once opened? Will it crystalize after a certian period or must it be refigerated?

I would recommend to eat the caramel cream and the caramel topping within two months after opening. There is no need to refrigerate the products. The syrup has a greater shelf life, 4 months after opening.

The sugar will not crystalize in the products after opening.

GaleForce

quality posts: 12 Private Messages GaleForce

Just went to their website and priced an order for one of each and used UPS ground for shipping (their cheapest available). Same deal would cost $46.36 through their website, shipped to FL. My friend in San Diego did the same and shipping was still $8.16, and he lives 10 minutes away from them apparently.

Normal Price: $46.36 (shipped to FL)
Woot Price: $24.99
Total savings on Woot: $21.36

Lenkeit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lenkeit
MrCaramel wrote:I would recommend to eat the caramel cream and the caramel topping within two months after opening. There is no need to refrigerate the products. The syrup has a greater shelf life, 4 months after opening.

The sugar will not crystalize in the products after opening.

Thank you for that information. But... if the products are refrigerated, how much longer would they be ok?

We can cellar 545 bottles here at home. This means we must quickly consume the other 436 bottles on hand...

Bridgeanyone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bridgeanyone
tummer70 wrote:The picture on the middle bottle is from Balboa Park in San Diego. pretty cool.. Balboa Park is the 2nd largest urban park in the country modeled after Central Park. I think I might buy this product for the art work also.

My wife is the artist behind those labels. She will be tickeled to death by your message. But I can assure you that the caramel is also a piece of art and both would be enjoyed by any wooters.

beezlebubba

quality posts: 6 Private Messages beezlebubba

in for one...have not been steered wrong by any wine woot food offering yet. the toffee is ridiculously tasty, the cheeses divine, the balsamic and vinegar/oil sets used daily etc. etc. etc.
how can u go wrong with sweet and salty sauces made from sugar

MrCaramel

Lenkeit wrote:Thank you for that information. But... if the products are refrigerated, how much longer would they be ok?

That is a good question... I think you would be able to double the shelf life from two to four months (for the cream and the topping - I do not think the refrigeration will affect the shelf life of the syrup because it does not have any dairy product).

The ennnemy of the caramel is the humidity. So if you store the caramels in a dry place at room temperature, you might have a greater shelf life than written before.

Bridgeanyone

Lenkeit wrote:Thank you for that information. But... if the products are refrigerated, how much longer would they be ok?

I tnink it is a MISTAKE to refrigerate caramel it flattens the taste and doesn't had to any shelf life, not unlike red wine...
I kept a jar open and just finished it recently after more than 6 months and it tasted as new. This was experimental as I think that this product is awesome and difficult to not finish rapidly.

Pixiedoodle11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pixiedoodle11

Okay, I'll be the one to ask this time.... Kosher?

SilverStar830

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SilverStar830

I live in the tiny town of Santee, CA so I'm kinda getting a kick out of this.

I don't know the Kugener's, nor do I have any idea where their factory is around here, but I can't recall seeing these products on any of the store shelves here in Santee or in the surrounding area.

baseballguy25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baseballguy25

You can put the caramel topping on the caramel cream and dip it in the caramel syrup for a delicious snack. Yum!!!

mamapaq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamapaq
dliidlii wrote:$25 for about 3 lbs of sugar

If you can turn 3 lbs of sugar into caramel, you deserve at least $25. I have scorched and destroyed many a saucepan in this attempt.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902
tummer70 wrote:The picture on the middle bottle is from Balboa Park in San Diego. pretty cool.. Balboa Park is the 2nd largest urban park in the country modeled after Central Park. I think I might buy this product for the art work also.

Ditto on the artwork; it makes me wistful for one of my favorite places in France. The picture on the left is Mont St. Michel, in Normandy. It's surrounded by water when the tide comes in (well, except for a connecting land bridge) and by sand when the tide is out. The area is known for its lamb, raised in the salty sea air. Mmm, sea salt. Mmm, caramel!

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait

I'm thinking that the shelf life would be approximately 1 week providing that there's enough vanilla ice cream in the house.

Bridgeanyone

SilverStar830 wrote:I live in the tiny town of Santee, CA so I'm kinda getting a kick out of this.

I don't know the Kugener's, nor do I have any idea where their factory is around here, but I can't recall seeing these products on any of the store shelves here in Santee or in the surrounding area.

Their place is next to the drive-in theater.

sezen

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sezen
fairnymph wrote:I LOVE caramel (thanks woot - awesome bday present!) - but I have to ask, since I can't find ingredients anywhere (and I'd love to see a full list) - are these products trans-fat free?

caramel has fat?

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda

My husband loves caramel-does this offering come with recipes??

MrCaramel

Pixiedoodle11 wrote:Okay, I'll be the one to ask this time.... Kosher?

We do not use Kosher ingredients in those caramels.

MrCaramel

dianefreda wrote:My husband loves caramel-does this offering come with recipes??

Not yet, but it a little while we'll have recipes on our webiste (still under construction...)

MrCaramel

sezen wrote:caramel has fat?

The caramel cream and the topping contain fat (NO trans fat) and the syrup is fat free (almost only sugar).

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Is the salt very noticeable or is it almost as sweet as normal caramel?

Loiret45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loiret45

This caramel is really yummy!
I got some in Newport Beach and it lasted but a week. I got the topping and put in on ice cream with crushed maltballs. The syrup lasted longer, it's really good on flan.

Loiret45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loiret45
Slarti59 wrote:Is the salt very noticeable or is it almost as sweet as normal caramel?

It's sweet.

I saw a show on the food network where they explain that the salt just really brings out the flavor. Not sure why that is...

MrCaramel

Slarti59 wrote:Is the salt very noticeable or is it almost as sweet as normal caramel?

The salt enhances the taste of caramel but it does not overwhelm it : you will love it!