0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

mattblatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattblatz

Random... but exactly what I was looking for. Do I pull the trigger?

Silvertreak47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silvertreak47

Love this product! Highly recommended for anyone who's thought about an aerator for table wine.

dirftmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirftmd

practically the same price after shipping as on amazon..... meh!

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
wooters.us tutors us to be ludicrous!

Vinturi Wine Aerator [New] - $23.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Vinturi Wine Aerator

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Bostonaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bostonaholic

Yessssss. In for 2 (1 red, 1 White).

--
Matthew Boston

CT
SIWBM starts tomorrow.

tinduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinduck

This is an excellent buy. I have (had) one that I left at my grandmother's at Christmas. It's completely MIA now. Eugh. Want to buy another, but I've spent too much on the Woot-Offs today. FML.

Bobrinko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Bobrinko

Is there an actual difference between the white and red aerators? Do they aerate differently for each type of wine, or is it just the black vs. white plastic casing for it?

afrovballpride

quality posts: 2 Private Messages afrovballpride
Bostonaholic wrote:Yessssss. In for 2 (1 red, 1 White).

Amazon sells a combo package of one for red and one for white for $47.98 shipped. Meaning it is the exact same as this, but you don't have to pay the five dollars for shipping.

EDIT:

Sorry, forgot the link. I ordered this exact item from Amazon for a friend a few weeks ago. Real Deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Vinturi-Essential-Wine-Aerators-White/dp/B002L16F6O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1264629411&sr=8-3

Cameron

mattblatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattblatz

Silvertreak47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silvertreak47
Bobrinko wrote:Is there an actual difference between the white and red aerators? Do they aerate differently for each type of wine, or is it just the black vs. white plastic casing for it?

Yes, they are different! Check out their site - http://vinturi.com/products.html

bjaardker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bjaardker

These are worth every penny. I didn't believe it until I tried it myself. Do a side by side tasting one using the vinturi and one without. You'll swear they're different wines.

Bostonaholic

Any way these can get to me by next Tuesday for my Wine Tasting / LOST Premier party?

...jk

--
Matthew Boston

CT
SIWBM starts tomorrow.

stormn1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stormn1

I've been thinking about one of these since a tasting last month at a friend's. And since I've been so button happy on wine.woot lately I may be intoxicated when this shows up, I wonder if they'll let me have it. Assuming it will even ship to my state!!!

ecue

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ecue

I got a pair on wine/woot a while back. I've done several shoot out taste tests and you can totally tell a difference.

Highly recommended if you enjoy wine or if you want to impress guests when you do dust of the bottle sitting in the back of the cabinet behind all your glasses.

fosterscool

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fosterscool

Got one of these for my father in law for Christmas, and it works great. I don't have much experience with other aerators, but this one did a great job, and even I a wine noob could tell quite a difference in the red wine.

My father in law loved it, and says it works better than most he has seen.

Highly recommended!

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
dirftmd wrote:practically the same price after shipping as on amazon..... meh!

Are you making an apples to apples comparison? The red wine aerator on Woot includes a sediment screen.

carolmka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carolmka

Now Amazon has matched the price. But I do love the Vinturi. I have read that you dont need it for white wine,but I love it for red wine.

supaflysk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supaflysk

this is really a great product, got it for my dad for christmas and he loves it.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989

The stand they make for them is a highly valuable accessory for anyone getting one btw. Holding the aerator and not spilling is a surprisingly difficult two-handed job.

CT

FerrisBueller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages FerrisBueller

Average lower price on fleabay so I'll pass on this one.

That's Bueller, Ferris Bueller

atpifer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer
Bostonaholic wrote:Any way these can get to me by next Tuesday for my Wine Tasting / LOST Premier party?

...jk

I am so sad to see the jk! I read the top and thought... that sounds incredible!

But to note on the product, I swear by mine and always run at least a glass of what I'm drinking through this to see if I want to open the whole thing up. Not every wine needs it, but it helps with way more than it's value. It turns 10 dollar bottles into 20 dollar bottles, so after 3 it's paid for itself!

dirftmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirftmd
twowootthree wrote:Are you making an apples to apples comparison? The red wine aerator on Woot includes a sediment screen.

true, i said meh, but i was convinced, got red wine one. too bad woot ships so slowly, i still havent gotten my wine from weeks ago!

volto

quality posts: 4 Private Messages volto

Is this an alternative to decanting wine?

foobarski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foobarski

Hot diggity! I've been staring at these on Wine Enthusiast for weeks, trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger.

Problem solved.

"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")

ntmarsh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ntmarsh

I have bought both the red and white aerators and have been genuinely impressed. They do a much better job of aerating than the competitors I used. I'm extremely pleased with mine and if you are looking for a good aerator, you won't be disappointed!

invasion88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invasion88

I really wish I had one of these a little while ago when I had this really great bottle of wine and got a mouthful of sediment at the end. I'm seriously just thinking F it and buy one.

Brian

epee1221

quality posts: 4 Private Messages epee1221
carolmka wrote:Now Amazon has matched the price. But I do love the Vinturi. I have read that you dont need it for white wine,but I love it for red wine.

You can get some improvement with the white, though I agree it's a lot less than with red (admittedly, I've only tried the white one with Triacipedis).

consanguineous

quality posts: 2 Private Messages consanguineous

If I didn't already buy four of these I'd be in. Wish they would sell the Vinturi Wine Aerator Tower.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

At this moment, Amazon has not matched the price for the White Wine Aerator.

If you buy more than one Aerator, Amazon's price is higher, since woot will ship the others without increasing shipping.

My one wish is that the aerator came with the stand that I saw in a picture at Amazon, so you only have to hold the bottle, and I would have a free hand for talking.

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

My wife has been anamored with these things ever since one of her friends got one. Thank you Woot for having this in a WootOff so I will have something for my wife amidst all the other stuff I purchased (for myself).

darkcloudinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkcloudinc

So the dual vinturi that amazon is offering doesn't have a screen? Both look to be new...

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman

I have both the red and white
there's no difference between them besides one being colored black and the other being colored white (obviously as to not mix up aerating 2 diff bottles of wine)

now that I have seen these for myself, though I do like how they look all sleek and such...

I'd much rather perfer spending what, $5? And making one myself as this is NOT difficult to reproduce.

is ok though, i figure for wine tasting gatherings and such, these can come in handy (plus family gatherings).

atleast they look nice? lol
would I buy again if mine turn up stolen, warped or break? NOPE....i'll just make one myself

cheers

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Bought. Thanks!

Bostonaholic

atpifer wrote:I am so sad to see the jk! I read the top and thought... that sounds incredible!

But to note on the product, I swear by mine and always run at least a glass of what I'm drinking through this to see if I want to open the whole thing up. Not every wine needs it, but it helps with way more than it's value. It turns 10 dollar bottles into 20 dollar bottles, so after 3 it's paid for itself!

I was only kidding about getting it in time, the party is still on with or without the Vinturi.

--
Matthew Boston

CT
SIWBM starts tomorrow.

danncer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danncer
Bostonaholic wrote:Any way these can get to me by next Tuesday for my Wine Tasting / LOST Premier party?

...jk

I don't suppose you live in SoCal. You're combining two of my favorite things into one fantastic-sounding party.

woot! purchases since 10/2006: a whole lotta wine, a few t-shirts, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, and not one single Box Of Crackers.

mountainmanzach

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mountainmanzach

This is great, easily adds $5-$10 in taste to bottles of bottom-shelf red. Not particularly useful for the higher end reds, but pays for itself quickly if you drink a lot of table wine.

darkcloudinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkcloudinc

from a discussion I just read:
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/634801#4848502

[...]As far as the red vs white issue. I called the Vinturi 1-800 # and they said there was no difference between the red and the white product - seemed strange to me but maybe they were being refreshingly honest. i bought mine at BevMo and asked the white vs red question and they said you wouldn't want to use one you'd used on reds for whites as 'the tannins from the red wine would flow into your red wine." That didn't quite seem right, but I haven't tried so I'll see if wine ends up adhering to the inside of the funnel.

I wonder if amazon matched the price of the red one.

blahbobbyblah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blahbobbyblah

I bought one here last time but it did not include the screen as shown even though it said it was included. Also took a long time to ship.

AnotherHiggins

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AnotherHiggins

My wife got me a Vinturi about year ago. I was really skeptical that it would work at all. She said she was skeptical as well, but someone at a little local wine shop swore by it.

We did some side-by-side testing and it really does work. The wine opens up as if it had been decanted for a while.

We also tested to see if running wine through multiple times makes a difference: it does.

You snooze, you loose. Well I have snost and lost.