hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000

Hey everyone! Alaska1 is coming back to town for a visit and I thought it would be great to have a tasting while he is here. He will be here the weekend of January 22nd. I will be more than happy to host. So does anyone have a preference for the night of the 22nd or 23rd?

Alaska1 will not be able to make it back, but let's go ahead with the gathering on January 22nd.

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

1/22, as I'm having a party at my house on 1/23 (it's for my clinic--they volunteered my house for it).

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

Either date works fine for us.

Unless, by some miracle, the Vikings are in the NFC championship and it is a home game, in which case I definitely vote for the 22nd.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Any excuse for a tasting, and this is a good one! As I have no life, both dates are open for me.

And - Merry Christmas to all!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

coynedj wrote:Any excuse for a tasting, and this is a good one! As I have no life, both dates are open for me.

And - Merry Christmas to all!

I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat just waiting to hear about your nose...lol

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

otolith wrote:I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat just waiting to hear about your nose...lol

Yours will be the star of the party!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

Entity.MN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Entity.MN
samiratou wrote:Either date works fine for us.

Unless, by some miracle, the Vikings are in the NFC championship and it is a home game, in which case I definitely vote for the 22nd.

Saturday the 23rd is the mid-season special event for my winter disc golf league, where many "belly-warmers" are provided. I have arranged for a ride home, but will probably not be in any shape for a wine party afterward.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Bad weekend for me. It's my 35th birthday weekend and also our annual snowmobile trip weekend.

coynedj

So, is the 22nd the date? Seems like it works out best for people.

otolith

coynedj wrote:So, is the 22nd the date? Seems like it works out best for people.

So we have a date...now we need a time and a place.

--John Muir

hdavis4000

I chatted with Alaska1 this weekend and he is not sure if he will be able to make it this weekend now in January. He will keep me updated. I will update everyone as soon as I know if he will be here or if we will need to choose another date.

coynedj

hdavis4000 wrote:I chatted with Alaska1 this weekend and he is not sure if he will be able to make it this weekend now in January. He will keep me updated. I will update everyone as soon as I know if he will be here or if we will need to choose another date.

We could still show up and drink anyways, right?

otolith

coynedj wrote:We could still show up and drink anyways, right?

Sounds good to me.
I mean, we could always drink in his honor.

Stopped in Bigmay's wine shop today. A real nice store with some reasonably priced wines. I like the fact that the it's 15% off a case (instead of the typical 10% at other places). It's worth a stop if you can get out during the banker's hours that Andy works.

--John Muir

samiratou

Do we have any news on whether the gathering is happening? Earlier we know, the easier it is to arrange child care.

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

I'm still up for the 22nd if others want to drink in his honor :-)

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

hdavis4000

tcklord wrote:I'm still up for the 22nd if others want to drink in his honor :-)

I agree! Let's go ahead and drink in his honor! I am still willing to host if that works for everyone. Let me know!

samiratou

Sounds good to me! We'll see about a place to stash the spawn and let you know for sure.

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

Sorry guys! I really wanted to come and drink wine with you all again but it is to pricey for me to get there and rent car, ect... But I will be back for Sure in OCT. I know it is a ways away but I will be there! I will still be fallowing you guys on here and FB. So take lots of Pics and I might even give you a call on the 22nd. Be good guys. Miss you.
Alaska1

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
samiratou wrote:Either date works fine for us.

Miracle? With #4 having found the Fountain of youth, who knows what can happen?
One of these days, we'll get out your way for an event. Why not? We've gone to the Twin Cities for Spring Break.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

coynedj

ddeuddeg wrote:Miracle? With #4 having found the Fountain of youth, who knows what can happen?
One of these days, we'll get out your way for an event. Why not? We've gone to the Twin Cities for Spring Break.

Spring Break.... that would be in June, right?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
coynedj wrote:Spring Break.... that would be in June, right?

Actually, in Buffalo we sometimes have it as early as late May.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

I unfortunately will not be able to make it this Friday. Will catch you at the next one.

--John Muir

tcklord

otolith wrote:I unfortunately will not be able to make it this Friday. Will catch you at the next one.

We will miss you, hopefully you can make the next one!

17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

bigmay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmay

I knew oto had mentioned something about a tasting coming up yet this month when he visited my store. (Thanks for the kind words, by the way.) Unfortunately I can't make this weekend work. I'll have to try for the next one.

hdavis4000

I am looking to get a rough head count to see if we should have the tasting on Friday night. If everyone could let me know that would be great. Thanks.

coynedj

hdavis4000 wrote:I am looking to get a rough head count to see if we should have the tasting on Friday night. If everyone could let me know that would be great. Thanks.

Yup, it looks like a smallish gathering. I'm up for it if you decide to go ahead.

Entity.MN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Entity.MN
hdavis4000 wrote:I am looking to get a rough head count to see if we should have the tasting on Friday night. If everyone could let me know that would be great. Thanks.

We have grandparents that are looking forward to having the boy overnight tomorrow night, regardless of if we have a party to go to or not. :-)

hdavis4000

Entity.MN wrote:We have grandparents that are looking forward to having the boy overnight tomorrow night, regardless of if we have a party to go to or not. :-)

Ok, sounds good to us! Looks like it is going to be pretty small, but that works. Does 6:30ish sound okay for everyone?

coynedj

What is your address again?

tcklord

See you around 6:30

17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

otolith

Have fun you guys.

--John Muir

tcklord

Thank you Heather and Patrick for hosting! It was a great time even if the group is smaller then in the past. I took a few photos that everyone can go see at http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=54085302&l=afd0c21f51&id=8618141

I can probably host the next one let me know when everyone is up for drinking some more tasty wine!

17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot