WINE THEME: whateva
DATE: May 29
TIME: evening...
HOST: Joelsisk/MichelleShari?

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):

Joel & Michelle - yes
Tenuki & WorstVeg - yes
Moondragon - down for the count with mono
NonnaWY - probably not (though, really, you have to pass by our house to get from the Springs up to WY)
MarkDaSpark - strong maybe
Ursas & roomie - yes

simplydumpling - ??
Iceeblue7 - ??

*List will be updated upon confirmation from interested parties*
==========================================================

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic
Moondragon wrote:Yeah, that's right. I said Wyoming. So the nearest international airport is in Denver, about 90 miles away.

I'd like a quick something in November (though probably impossible). Weekend before Thanksgiving, maybe?

January or February are cool (literally and figuratively). There seems to have been some offers for Coloradans to host this coming summer, so I figured it was time for a wintery WY meetup.

I'm bringing that Cavedoni tradizionale balsamic to compare with the one that woot offered in August.

There's people up there?

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
WineWootaholic wrote:There's people up there?

I know! I was shocked, too.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

So, what's the plan for this?

Especially with the roads closed last week... not sure how realistic it would be to get up there. Then again, you never know. You and Nonna are in synch? Judy's no longer in the area. I'm not sure who else was from the "northern" part of CO.

I say set a date/stake in the ground and see what happens!

Moondragon

joelsisk wrote:So, what's the plan for this?

Especially with the roads closed last week... not sure how realistic it would be to get up there. Then again, you never know. You and Nonna are in synch? Judy's no longer in the area. I'm not sure who else was from the "northern" part of CO.

I say set a date/stake in the ground and see what happens!

Ok, I'm working with my possible hostess (w.wooter in the making...). I've still got to find out when Nonna's open. There were two w.wooters besides Nonna and I that have mentioned interest long ago, but I haven't had contact in a while.

As far as the roads being closed, it doesn't really happen that often. It's always good just to plan it and then che sarà, sarà.

I think late January - early February-ish is best, since November is upon us (and looking busy). I'll get in cahoots with ma peeps and make a decision.

joelsisk

Moondragon wrote:Ok, I'm working with my possible hostess (w.wooter in the making...). I've still got to find out when Nonna's open. There were two w.wooters besides Nonna and I that have mentioned interest long ago, but I haven't had contact in a while.

As far as the roads being closed, it doesn't really happen that often. It's always good just to plan it and then che sarà, sarà.

I think late January - early February-ish is best, since November is upon us (and looking busy). I'll get in cahoots with ma peeps and make a decision.

uh, as always, we're up for tasting (though not in mid-late Feb as Michelle is paranoid about delivering a baby while stuck in the snow away from our hospital/doctor/etc)... any movement from your side? your peeps in? Nonna avail (with a new job and all)?

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY

I'm around, somehow I missed seeing this thread.

I'm up for just about any dates, except the following at the moment:

Dec 19
Jan 19
Aug 12 (ha, ha, I know, a bit far out, but the redheaded daugher has this wedding thing planned that she thinks I should be at)

Don't know for now if the new job will affect anything, I know there will be travel involved at times (but that's a good thing). Can't wait to escape my current location (pun intended).

I'll monitor this, or call me.

Joel, hope Michelle is doing well. My daughter is due in late March,

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

Moondragon

Ok, how about an early afternoon January 9 or 23? Sorry, Joel and Michelle, I forget what days/nights work better/worse for you folks. I've got most everything open after the New Year's concert I'm working on, so if Saturday is less convenient, it can slide to another nearby date. :D

Also, we should probably try to make it a little bit of a foodie time, too, so there's more fun for Michelle, being with child and all.

joelsisk

Moondragon wrote:Ok, how about an early afternoon January 9 or 23? Sorry, Joel and Michelle, I forget what days/nights work better/worse for you folks. I've got most everything open after the New Year's concert I'm working on, so if Saturday is less convenient, it can slide to another nearby date. :D

Also, we should probably try to make it a little bit of a foodie time, too, so there's more fun for Michelle, being with child and all.

hmmm... I can post...

Moondragon

As far as themes, I wondered if maybe incorporating a mulled wine recipe tasting might be fun (and helping with the likely chilly weather). We could make it a post-holiday glögg party... I don't know how that fits in with balsamic tasting... Other better thoughts are appreciated.

Moondragon

Ok, so I'm picking January 23rd as the date. So there. If you can't come or want something else, say so!

simplydumpling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simplydumpling
Moondragon wrote:Ok, so I'm picking January 23rd as the date. So there. If you can't come or want something else, say so!

Hey, in Denver and would like to attend; any idea on location?

Moondragon

simplydumpling wrote:Hey, in Denver and would like to attend; any idea on location?

It'll be in Cheyenne, we're just debating who's hosting (my home or a friend's) right now.

(Edit: Maybe I should put that on the first post...)

Moondragon

;o (Accidental post.)

iceeblue7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iceeblue7

I would be in for the 23rd. Keep us posted.

Moondragon

iceeblue7 wrote:I would be in for the 23rd. Keep us posted.

Put you down as a "yes". Tentative start time is 1 pm.

iceeblue7

Sounds good. Earlier start time helps with the drive back.

NonnaWY

I'm in too.

Let me know what you need help with, munchies, etc.

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

joelsisk

Given the few unexpected hours spent at the hospital Friday night, I think we're going to have to bow out of this one. Everyone is fine, but I don't think we can sneak away (even just a few hours north) until the kiddo is actually born... Michelle kinda prefers to stay within 20 mins of the preferred hospital.

Moondragon

joelsisk wrote:Given the few unexpected hours spent at the hospital Friday night, I think we're going to have to bow out of this one. Everyone is fine, but I don't think we can sneak away (even just a few hours north) until the kiddo is actually born... Michelle kinda prefers to stay within 20 mins of the preferred hospital.

I thought it might be cutting it close, even with a February due date. Everything on the up and up?

joelsisk

Moondragon wrote:I thought it might be cutting it close, even with a February due date. Everything on the up and up?

All is well, just 6 more weeks to go! and while Michelle wants the pregnancy done, she wants the kid to cook fully moreso.

So sorry we'll be missing this... though it's the first one NOT at our house.

On a completely other topic, nice 480 bottle vinotemp avail in Broomfield

iceeblue7

Is there a theme for this get together? Anything you would like me to bring?

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic

Wife & I won't be coming over, However will be willing to open a bottle of Carmel Juice, and drinking it that night at our place.

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

NonnaWY

Are we still thinking this is a go?

If so, I have a conflict that starts at 3pm. Maybe we should re-schedule for a later spring date?

Moondragon

NonnaWY wrote:Are we still thinking this is a go?

If so, I have a conflict that starts at 3pm. Maybe we should re-schedule for a later spring date?

Hmm, we might have to. This [a href="http://pokeyouintheeyeproductions.com/CSS.html]Christian Songwriters' Showcase[/a] is causing all kinds of planning junk to get in the way of goofing off (i.e. things like wine tastings). Also, I've got a new small group meeting at 6 pm.

Any thoughts from anybody else? A postponement might allow for appearances from a few of our Coloradoan regulars. (Especially those currently with child.)

The more (the later) the merrier? How about something like March 20th or 27th?

Moondragon

Ok, we are officially postponing this. We will set a concrete date for a Marchish or Aprilish gathering.

All suggestions welcome.

mxracer98

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mxracer98

So what's going on at this gathering? I'm in Denver.

joelsisk

Moondragon wrote:Ok, we are officially postponing this. We will set a concrete date for a Marchish or Aprilish gathering.

All suggestions welcome.

any further ideas on dates? Did I mention I've got some caramel juice?

Tunes4u

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tunes4u

I am in Casper....yes...Wyoming....and well...I just wanted to say that drinking camel juice sounds a little scary.

I know there is not much in the way of wine here on the High Lonesome Plains, but...camel juice?

I might show up just to see that.....comes in bottles? like screw top or cork? Just curious.

Stay Tuned

I Do

Tunes

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

NonnaWY

Tunes4u wrote:I am in Casper....yes...Wyoming....and well...I just wanted to say that drinking camel juice sounds a little scary.

I know there is not much in the way of wine here on the High Lonesome Plains, but...camel juice?

I might show up just to see that.....comes in bottles? like screw top or cork? Just curious.

Stay Tuned

I Do

Tunes

It's not "camel" juice, it's "caramel" juice, and its the most delicious, decadent white port this side of the Rockies. Our friend WineWootaholic introduced a bunch of us to it at a gathering last fall.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
NonnaWY wrote:It's not "camel" juice, it's "caramel" juice, and its the most delicious, decadent white port this side of the Rockies. Our friend WineWootaholic introduced a bunch of us to it at a gathering last fall.

Ummm .... it was in May .... When Santa Sparky came to town. And it makes me almost want to join you. Almost. And then I remembers it will still be winter there.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ummm .... it was in May .... When Santa Sparky came to town. And it makes me almost want to join you. Almost. And then I remembers it will still be winter there.

SparkyClaus. sheesh.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:SparkyClaus. sheesh.

Whippersnapper!! I got to remembering the caramel juice and transposed the title you gave it.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Moondragon

MarkDaSpark wrote:Whippersnapper!! I got to remembering the caramel juice and transposed the title you gave it.

You know I still owe you money, Sparky...

Nonna, are we wanting to combine the Twisted Oak victory with the w.woot gathering?

How does March 27 sit with everybody?

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
Tunes4u wrote:I am in Casper....yes...Wyoming....and well...I just wanted to say that drinking camel juice sounds a little scary.

Stay Tuned

I Do

Tunes

Check out the link to the "camel/caramel juice" in Moondragon's sig.

MarkDaSpark

Moondragon wrote:You know I still owe you money, Sparky...

Nonna, are we wanting to combine the Twisted Oak victory with the w.woot gathering?

How does March 27 sit with everybody?

Hmmm .... daily compound interest .... carry the 2 ..... Score!!! I think I can afford the postage stamp.

And what are the temps then? (Wondering where I can find nut warmers this time of year)

Moondragon

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hmmm .... daily compound interest .... carry the 2 ..... Score!!! I think I can afford the postage stamp.

And what are the temps then? (Wondering where I can find nut warmers this time of year)

Between 30 and 50 degrees. :D

Moondragon

Objections? Anything I should change on the attendance list?

NonnaWY

I must bow out. I have another conflict that day.

joelsisk

NonnaWY wrote:I must bow out. I have another conflict that day.

sorry, we'll be in SoCal 26 March for a few days to a couple weeks (depending on if you're talking about me or Michelle and Shirya)