• nabrunk
  • Alaska1

Wines:

Food:

last updated: 2/10

CT | | | | | |

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

Combat Barbie strikes again. I'm unavailable 11/28-12/12.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows

only 11/28 doesn't work for me.

if we do have it the week after Thanksgiving, I doubt anyone will have to cook and we'll all just bring leftovers and whatever pairs well with your leftover.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

[bump]

Do we want to try for another "kick back & relax before the holiday crazies hit" get-together?

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
cjsiege wrote:[bump]

Do we want to try for another "kick back & relax before the holiday crazies hit" get-together?

Have you guys had one down in the Richmond area yet?

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

cjsiege

vaaccess wrote:Have you guys had one down in the Richmond area yet?

Nope. Because *someone* hasn't volunteered to host one down there! Also, we'll need to publicize it out as "central VA". Because people from Richmond see NoVA and wrinkle up their pert little noses!

Would you consider coming along if we go to C'ville and do some winery hopping?

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
cjsiege wrote:Nope. Because *someone* hasn't volunteered to host one down there! Also, we'll need to publicize it out as "central VA". Because people from Richmond see NoVA and wrinkle up their pert little noses!

Would you consider coming along if we go to C'ville and do some winery hopping?

I would certainly consider it. My family schedule is quite challenging, though, but if we hit on a weekend/time that was good I'd be up for it. I'd even be willing to drive as my car will hold 6 adults COMFORTABLY.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse

Only Thanksgiving weekend wouldn't work for me (will be down in TX with family).

I have to see how the holiday bazzars are shaping up but I'm tenative for something around that time.

121 Woots and counting

hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk

If we hold it in December, I am willing to host again. I am in the process of building a new abode and might not be till late Spring or Summer till I could host again. Don't worry, the wine cellar in the new place will be even better then the old one. I kind of like the tasting with the couple of varietals and two examples of each. We could go to tier three varietals or instead reuse some we have with a country face off like US v. Australia or something of the sort. Alternatively, what would be a good Christmas/Hanuka theme.

CT

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

Only 12/5 works for me.

Theme suggestion:
best pinot noirs that can be bought for under $25.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Well, unlike most of you, Thanksgiving weekend is the one the works for me.

But, geez, all of the dates are rapidly approaching and you don't even have a theme!

Pinot Noir is considered the versatile red (Riesling the most versatile white), making it very appropriate for Thanksgiving. Perhaps we could expand on Dave's suggestion and make it a Pinot family* tasting.

Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Pinot Blanc. Still or sparkling and the PN can be red or rosé (PG rosés welcome as well). I wouldn't put the price limit on -- less than $25 can be risky with PN -- but people could bring what they can/want to afford.

Just a thought.

iByron

*Thanksgiving is a time for family after all!

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

InShadows

someone call it and a theme..

jdub, update the first post! slacker

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

hershelk

I can no longer make it on the 5th. I could make the 12th or 19th.

CT

iByron

New York seems to be zeroing in on 19-Dec. That should be avoided.

Is there anyone around Thanksgiving weekend to do a #15½? Maybe at a wine bar or wine shop on Black Friday?

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

cjsiege

Well, crumb! 12/19 is about the only day I *can* make it. Stoopid work sucking down all of my free time!

Do we need to contemplate January?

iByron

I'll likely be coming down January for my birthday (most likely the 30th).

What's the theme?

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

tripgrad

iByron wrote:
Is there anyone around Thanksgiving weekend to do a #15½? Maybe at a wine bar or wine shop on Black Friday?

iByron

Yes, I will be in NoVA during that time and would love to get together. We could have it Friday evening at my townhouse in Burke.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

Jan would work out best for me too, Work should be slow enough by then for me to be able to get Two days off a week. :-P

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

iByron

tripgrad wrote:Yes, I will be in NoVA during that time and would love to get together. We could have it Friday evening at my townhouse in Burke.

I'll start a new thread for this one.

My folks live in Burke.

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

iByron

Okay, Black Friday Time-Out is on. Follow the link to sign up.

That opens up early 2010 for this one.

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

cjsiege

*bump*

C'mon folks - need to pick a date!

InShadows

How's this event coming along?

I take it we are looking at January now for a date. Do we want to have another event between now and then for people still in the area for the 26th or 2nd and have secret santa and spice wine?

CT
Past NoVA Gatherings

hershelk

InShadows wrote:Do we want to have another event between now and then for people still in the area for the 26th or 2nd and have secret santa and spice wine?

I'm not sure whether I will be in town yet or not, but if so, I am always happy to drink some wine give/get gifts.

CT

tripgrad

I'm gonna have minor surgery the 1st week in Jan. So I'll likely be a maybe for any date in that month.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

iByron

InShadows wrote:How's this event coming along?

I take it we are looking at January now for a date. Do we want to have another event between now and then for people still in the area for the 26th or 2nd and have secret santa and spice wine?

I recommend that anyone who can host submit dates that they are willing and able to do so.

Then the rest of us can just fall into place (or not) based on the availability of a venue.

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
iByron wrote:I recommend that anyone who can host submit dates that they are willing and able to do so.

Then the rest of us can just fall into place (or not) based on the availability of a venue.

iByron

I am willing to host on Saturday, February 20th. My brother will be visiting me from Taiwan. Knowing that he faces a very long plane ride home, arranging an evening of fine wine and excellent company seems the least I could do.

[And did I mention that he'll be a first-time father in June? Whether wooters join us or not, we're sure to be celebrating!]

InShadows

kkv123 wrote:I am willing to host on Saturday, February 20th. My brother will be visiting me from Taiwan. Knowing that he faces a very long plane ride home, arranging an evening of fine wine and excellent company seems the least I could do.

[And did I mention that he'll be a first-time father in June? Whether wooters join us or not, we're sure to be celebrating!]

My vote is for that date to seal it up for us. If there are any out of towners in between now and then we can have small impromptu gatherings. As well as I can host usually whenever and if ya'll want to get together on the 2nd or 9th for post holiday celebrations than I'm open to that as well. This way you can regift the gifts you didn't like really quickly.

CT
Past NoVA Gatherings

hershelk

InShadows wrote:My vote is for that date to seal it up for us.

Feb 20th at the ever popular party room of our one and only kkv it is. Should we officially call that 16 and give anything that might occur before a 15.X nomenclature. I am probably out of the hosting loop till May. I am building a new house and should move in Feb or March so chaos is in control of my abode. Happy to join a gathering if it materializes before.

CT

cjsiege

I vote for calling Feb 20 as #16.

I also vote for an informal GTG at Shadow's place on Jan 9th with supper, wine, and gifts. I'll even do the hard cooking!

InShadows

cjsiege wrote:I vote for calling Feb 20 as #16.

I also vote for an informal GTG at Shadow's place on Jan 9th with supper, wine, and gifts. I'll even do the hard cooking!

Feb 20th for #16 at kkv's place
Jan 9th for #15.75 since we've had #15.5 already at InShadows' place...

going once...

CT
Past NoVA Gatherings

hershelk

InShadows wrote:Feb 20th for #16 at kkv's place

going once...

I will actually be in town on the 9th between travel to various, mostly boring locations. Shall we have a theme for food, drink and presents? Should we start a separate thread?

CT

InShadows

hershelk wrote:I will actually be in town on the 9th between travel to various, mostly boring locations. Shall we have a theme for food, drink and presents? Should we start a separate thread?

yeah I'll create a separate thread when this is sold and then we can start on the minutiae in that thread.

going twice...

CT
Past NoVA Gatherings

cjsiege

Call it "Sold" already, dammit!

hershelk

cjsiege wrote:Call it "Sold" already, dammit!

I second it.

CT

InShadows

cjsiege wrote:Call it "Sold" already, dammit!

fine.. SOLD!

I was only trying to post more. I thought I might be able to catch up to Cat in post count before the new year but nooooo cj has to hold me back!

anyways

Feb 20th for #16 at kkv's place

new thread for 15.75 coming up momentarily

CT
Past NoVA Gatherings

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05

I'm down for the 20th! Potentially +1

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
InShadows wrote:Feb 20th for #16 at kkv's place

going once...

Fortunately, there are infinitely many numbers between 15.75 and 16, just in case.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

synchrodan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages synchrodan

We'd like to make this one -- sorry we missed January's. Right now Feb 20 works for us, so far though!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
InShadows wrote:someone call it and a theme..

jdub, update the first post! slacker

Huh? Me?

Oh, yeah! Got it!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
ddeuddeg wrote:Fortunately, there are infinitely many numbers between 15.75 and 16, just in case.

So does that mean you and Bawhm are coming to #16?

CT | | | | | |