Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Wellington Vineyards Victory, Reserve Two - Pack
$59.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Red
Product:
2 2005 Victory Reserve, Sonoma County

Crap... the week I find out that my Little Vineyards club is tripling the minimum purchase, we get Peterized on wine.woot. Visa, don't fail me now!

CT link above.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Cesare

quality posts: 1698 Private Messages Cesare

Winery Website

Previous Offer:
3/8/2008: Blog and Forum

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jplamb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jplamb

I'm in....can't pass on a chance at Wellington Victory. I've been wanting to try that and I love the other Wellington wines. Pretty good discount over the $50 retail price.

Plus apparently I need to keep buying wine so this silly purple square next to my name goes back to a more reasonable color.

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

Looks like a great one..anyone had this one before?

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I'm in.
Have decanter, willing to rat. Otherwise, willing to sit on the deliciousness that will come my way at some point in time!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Speed to first woot: 0m 1.423s
Last wooter to woot: jplamb

Honey, I'm Home!!!

And .... this is #99 on Wine.Woot. One more to being black via Wine.Woot only.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

javadrinker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker

Sonofa...

I still haven't even touched my 2 '04's. Damnit WD didn't you get the memo that I'm poor?!?!?!

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

Two Wellingtons in one day?? Is this heaven? Crop, am I dead??

Last wooter to woot: hookajoe

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

1) Peter, how does this vintage compare to the last Victory offering (IIRC, the '04)?

2) The description of the winery forgot to mention that you also have a bit of the most *delicious* grape. Speaking of which, I just found out today that after a month of hard studying, I passed the patent bar exam (which I also took today). How about throwing in a bottle of leftover "Dr. Durif" under a "The Duke" label so I can celebrate properly? I'm really frustrated that all I got 13 months ago was just that one glass... it was awesome.

3) looking forward to the most informal nyc.w.w gathering yet!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

aqb123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aqb123

Tempted to complete my second wine.woot transaction (would have been my third if I had not been on a plane during the rose).. What are the aging recommendations on this or is it best enjoyed right now? !!!

farvegnugen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farvegnugen

In for one, available to rat :-)

tamcap

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tamcap

In! Missa got a decanter too :-P

Please, please, let me be turned into a rat!

PS. And it's my 10th woot. Woohoo! (2 W, 1 sell-out, 5 Ww, 2 SW). Correct proportion ;-)

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

So sad I missed out on the rosé.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Last wooter to woot: hld1970

How could I, or anyone else for that matter, resist? Great time to use my wine.woot anniversary coupon, too. Thanks WD and Peter!

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 240 Private Messages SonomaBouliste

I'll only be around for a few minutes tonight, but will check in tomorrow.

My apologies to all for not posting another blog before crush started. It started with a bang - over twenty percent of our grapes came in during the first seven days - so much for a bell shaped curve. This morning I was in the vineyard at first light (6:35) for Viognier harvest. Tommorow AM is the last of the Sauvignon blanc and the first of the Cabernet.

javadrinker

hld1970 wrote:Wellington Vineyards Victory, Reserve Two - Pack
Last wooter to woot: hld1970

How could I, or anyone else for that matter, resist? Great time to use my wine.woot anniversary coupon, too. Thanks WD and Peter!

Dagnabit...I forgot about my unused code. Now I'm really screwed.

yessrinc

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yessrinc

Wellington + Reserve = the upside of insomnia.

Cesare

quality posts: 1698 Private Messages Cesare
SonomaBouliste wrote:I'll only be around for a few minutes tonight, but will check in tomorrow.

My apologies to all for not posting another blog before crush started. It started with a bang - over twenty percent of our grapes came in during the first seven days - so much for a bell shaped curve. This morning I was in the vineyard at first light (6:35) for Viognier harvest. Tommorow AM is the last of the Sauvignon blanc and the first of the Cabernet.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

javadrinker

SonomaBouliste wrote:I'll only be around for a few minutes tonight, but will check in tomorrow.

Dood, apologies are never needed (but appreciated). You do you what you need to do first and keep bringing us our juice. We'll have time to harass you with inane questions later.

joannevicious

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious

WD, et al--

Ok, seriously seriously bad for my finances.

But, I will trade SF Opera tix for ratting. Or the answers to some test I may give next semester if you're in my class. Or lots of positive energy. Or cookies (I'll even find the time to make cookies). Or love. Or two pugs. Anything. I'll give you anything. JUST LET ME BE A RAT. I'll totally be your best friend. I'll write you a poem. Or a punk rock love song. Or a three page analytical paper on the cultural significance of Wellington, with a racial-gender spin.

love,
j

SonomaBouliste

aqb123 wrote:Tempted to complete my second wine.woot transaction (would have been my third if I had not been on a plane during the rose).. What are the aging recommendations on this or is it best enjoyed right now? !!!

It depends on how you prefer your wine. It has refinement and balance, so it can be enjoyed now if you prefer young, fruity wines. It also should develop nicely over the next ten years or more.

SmilingBoognish

um, get off the internet and go to bed!
k? thanks!
seriously.
We love you and all that you bring, but sleep when you can!

hld1970

SonomaBouliste wrote:It depends on how you prefer your wine. It has refinement and balance, so it can be enjoyed now if you prefer young, fruity wines. It also should develop nicely over the next ten years or more.

Well, Peter, that's the perfect reason to sell two together....try one now and save the other one for later. Sort of the wine version of Now'n'Later.

SmilingBoognish

hld1970 wrote:Well, Peter, that's the perfect reason to seel two together....try one now and save the other one for later. Sort of the wine version of Now'n'Later.

When I first started sipping wine, not quaffing it, a good friend said always buy three bottles. One for now, one for later and one just in case.

merryberry

quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry

I am so in, and soooo willing to rat.

I visited the winery last month (undercover as it were) and very much enjoyed their hospitality. Noir de Noir, mmmmmmm.

My Cellar in CT

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink

Ugh, my resistance is futile, still going to sleep on it (don't ask why--and what's next WD some Scott Harvey wine next Monday? My credit card HATES you; no really it does)

SB, thanks for the rose offering earlier. In this description it eludes to these wines really need some cellar time, are we talking as long as the recently offered vineyard designates?

What do you recommend as the early part of the drinking window? (without 2+ hours of decanting) And are we talking about a 15+/- cellar life with these?

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

After a 4-month wine.woot hiatus, I had to break my streak for this offering.

Available to rat!

SonomaBouliste

PetiteSirah wrote:1) Peter, how does this vintage compare to the last Victory offering (IIRC, the '04)?

2) The description of the winery forgot to mention that you also have a bit of the most *delicious* grape. Speaking of which, I just found out today that after a month of hard studying, I passed the patent bar exam (which I also took today). How about throwing in a bottle of leftover "Dr. Durif" under a "The Duke" label so I can celebrate properly? I'm really frustrated that all I got 13 months ago was just that one glass... it was awesome.

3) looking forward to the most informal nyc.w.w gathering yet!

1) I have a personal preference for the 2005. I think the general comparison that 2004's are more about instant gratification and 2005's will be more ageworthy holds with this wine.

2) There is no "leftover" Dr. Durif. It gets used well, and I wouldn't mind having a little bit more around some years.

3) Congratulations!

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

I love this wine. In for 3! Yowza!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

I'm in, too (or three as it were).

Since I won't be at work Friday - going to see the Dalai Lama - I can only rat through Sparky or Java. But I'll be surprised if this doesn't sell out.

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff
zTimothyBz wrote:I'm in, too (or three as it were).

Since I won't be at work Friday - going to see the Dalai Lama - I can only rat through Sparky or Java. But I'll be surprised if this doesn't sell out.

-- T

Tell Dalai I said "Hello."

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
javadrinker wrote:Dagnabit...I forgot about my unused code. Now I'm really screwed.

scaffolding, I forgot to use mine, too.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Here is the 04 Victory thread:

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2006533

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

SonomaBouliste

jwink wrote:Ugh, my resistance is futile, still going to sleep on it (don't ask why--and what's next WD some Scott Harvey wine next Monday? My credit card HATES you; no really it does)

SB, thanks for the rose offering earlier. In this description it eludes to these wines really need some cellar time, are we talking as long as the recently offered vineyard designates?

What do you recommend as the early part of the drinking window? (without 2+ hours of decanting) And are we talking about a 15+/- cellar life with these?

More attractive young than the 2005 vineyard designate Cabs, but better aging potential as well. I don't want much with this wine - I just want it all: power & finesse, structure & suppleness, intensity & balance.

mlhelm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mlhelm

Haven't seen my name in lights in a while, but have been on a buying spree today (bought both wine.woot-off offerings, the Ventana, and now the Wellington)! I'm officially back after a summer hiatus!

Last Wooter To Woot: mlhelm

more than enough wine.woots!

javadrinker

otolith wrote:scaffolding, I forgot to use mine, too.

Nope, I was screwed because I didn't want to buy until I remembered the code. And then I did...and then I did. Doh, in for 1.

hld1970

zTimothyBz wrote:- going to see the Dalai Lama - I can only rat through Sparky or Java.

-- T

Just promise me when you meet him that you won't say 'Hello, Dalai'

mlhelm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mlhelm
PetiteSirah wrote:. . . Speaking of which, I just found out today that after a month of hard studying, I passed the patent bar exam (which I also took today). How about throwing in a bottle of leftover "Dr. Durif" under a "The Duke" label so I can celebrate properly? . . .

Congrats on passing the patent bar Loweeel! That's not an easy test! You definitely deserve some congratulatory PS!

more than enough wine.woots!