Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

I was going to wait until after the season was over to post, but with all the events being planned for next year already I thought it was time. (Besides, for me, the season is pretty much over)

Where: Mesa, AZ
When: March 6-7, 2010
Cubs spring training and AZ wine.woot get together.

I will have access to tickets for HoHoKam Park for the first week/end of Cactus League Spring Training games. Some are phenomenal front row seats and the rest will be in the surrounding area. And with planning, tickets are easily had for other near by stadiums.

I have a spare bedroom (already claimed by cj) and a sofa bed and a queen size air mattress or 2. There are many hotels in the area and depending on interest, I'm sure I could find a good rate someplace close.

Is anyone interested in coming out? I just need to get an idea if this is something a group is interested in.

Thanks!

Attending the Games

1. Imagine
2. CJ (Sat/Sun)
3. Mark (Sun)
4. Sanity (Sat/Sun)

Saturday at Imagine's House
I am in East Mesa near Main/Val Vista Dr.
Everyone is welcome. I was thinking we'd just pick up some steaks from the meat market up the road, fresh veggies, etc and grill and drink much wine. Who is in?

1. Imagine
2. CJ
3. Sanity
4. Mark?
5. Mark+1?
6. Kyle?
7. Kyle+1?
8. ?
9. ?

Sunday Night Dinner TBD

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Go ahead and put me on the interested list.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Could possibly be interested, but not in the Cubs ..... Would be there for the wine, not the whine

However, my Angels also are there, so I can hit that game whilst you all go to mourn the Cubbies for another season

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Imagine4vr

MarkDaSpark wrote:Could possibly be interested, but not in the Cubs ..... Would be there for the wine, not the whine

However, my Angels also are there, so I can hit that game whilst you all go to mourn the Cubbies for another season

We don't mourn in the spring!

Or maybe the Angels will be at HoHoKam ;) They were there at least twice last spring. We'll figure it out - I'll add you to the interested list.

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

I am soooo ready to think spring! Not becuase of my team (who are doing exceptionally well!), but because I *desperately* need a vacation!

Go Cubs! (Unless they are playing the D-Backs that weekend. Then I have to be neutral.)

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

MarkDaSpark

Imagine4vr wrote:We don't mourn in the spring!

Or maybe the Angels will be at HoHoKam ;) They were there at least twice last spring. We'll figure it out - I'll add you to the interested list.

Family is in Phoenix (my ex's sis with her family), so definitely interested.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Could possibly be interested, but not in the Cubs ..... Would be there for the wine, not the whine

It won't be long before you're mourning their exit from the playoffs at the hands of the Yankees, if they make it that far.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:It won't be long before you're mourning their exit from the playoffs at the hands of the Yankees, if they make it that far.

Nah, you'll still be mourning the Bills and Spankees exits.

Also, there's a Fogo de Chão in Scottsdale, just outside Phoenix.

Perhaps we can get a dinner there? Although it's $46.50 | (Salad Bar Only - $19.50).

Last weekend is great, since it won't conflict with Dark & Delicious on Feb. 19th.

Imagine4vr

MarkDaSpark wrote:Nah, you'll still be mourning the Bills and Spankees exits.

Also, there's a Fogo de Chão in Scottsdale, just outside Phoenix.

Perhaps we can get a dinner there? Although it's $46.50 | (Salad Bar Only - $19.50).

Last weekend is great, since it won't conflict with Dark & Delicious on Feb. 19th.

Best part of Fogo de Chão here, I have often seen 50% off coupon deals. Will keep checking as it gets closer. Meat orgy, mmmmmmmmmmm.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Imagine - tentative scheds aren't showing any games prior to March 3. The scheds don't even show any possible dates before Feb 28. Are you *sure* that we're going to have games in Feb.? Tampa pitchers and catchers aren't reporting until Feb 19.

Wonder why it's so late?

Imagine4vr

cjsiege wrote:Imagine - tentative scheds aren't showing any games prior to March 3. The scheds don't even show any possible dates before Feb 28. Are you *sure* that we're going to have games in Feb.? Tampa pitchers and catchers aren't reporting until Feb 19.

Wonder why it's so late?

Nope, I'm not sure...I was just going by the schedule last year. I don't even see on the Cubs site their spring training schedule yet. I will plan this for the first weekend of Spring Training games here. Last year the first game was Feb 25.

cjsiege

Imagine4vr wrote:Nope, I'm not sure...I was just going by the schedule last year. I don't even see on the Cubs site their spring training schedule yet. I will plan this for the first weekend of Spring Training games here. Last year the first game was Feb 25.

...where I'm looking, because very, very few teams have posted their scheds. Looks like they are building a tentative master sched based on the few teams who have release so far.

I'm such a geeky girl.

Imagine4vr

cjsiege wrote:...where I'm looking, because very, very few teams have posted their scheds. Looks like they are building a tentative master sched based on the few teams who have release so far.

I'm such a geeky girl.

I didn't see that site, I was looking on Cactus League and they're not showing anything yet.

I guess it will be the first weekend in March then if this site is correct.

edit: On your site, it looks like Tampa Bay is the only team with a reporting schedule.

cjsiege

Imagine4vr wrote:I didn't see that site, I was looking on Cactus League and they're not showing anything yet.

I guess it will be the first weekend in March then if this site is correct.

edit: On your site, it looks like Tampa Bay is the only team with a reporting schedule.

SanFran has posted. I'm not sure how else they are building the schedules, unless it's through info from the parks or from the tiny bits that are coming out about the finale exhibition games. *shrug*

Imagine4vr

cjsiege wrote:SanFran has posted. I'm not sure how else they are building the schedules, unless it's through info from the parks or from the tiny bits that are coming out about the finale exhibition games. *shrug*

Based on the schedule on that site, the Saturday (Mar 6)game would be WhiteSux vs Cubs; and Sunday would be the Dodgers vs Cubs. Both games at HoHoKam.

I'll need to know who is interested in the next month or so - I want to be able to arrange for tix. I won't need a firm commitment until the end of Jan.

cjsiege

I've already requested time off from work. I'm so ready for this...I can't tell you how much I'm bouncing!

MarkDaSpark

Imagine4vr wrote:Based on the schedule on that site, the Saturday (Mar 6)game would be WhiteSux vs Cubs; and Sunday would be the Dodgers vs Cubs. Both games at HoHoKam.

I'll need to know who is interested in the next month or so - I want to be able to arrange for tix. I won't need a firm commitment until the end of Jan.

Probably not the Saturday game, but the Sunday game you could count me in! And maybe my son as well.

Imagine4vr

Just bumping this up to see if there's more interest.

CJ, I'm very excited as well! Any idea when you'll arrive/leave?

Mark, noted you and your son for Sunday tix.

Anyone else?

cjsiege

Imagine4vr wrote:Just bumping this up to see if there's more interest.

CJ, I'm very excited as well! Any idea when you'll arrive/leave?

Mark, noted you and your son for Sunday tix.

Anyone else?

I haven't started looking for airfare yet. But I'll keep you posted. Pending work, I should be out there all weekend (Fri-Sun).

MarkDaSpark

Bump back to 1st page.

Imagine4vr

I have to order/reserve tix next week -

So far I have CJ for Sat/Sun game

and Mark + son for Sun game.

Anyone else?

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
Imagine4vr wrote:I have to order/reserve tix next week -

So far I have CJ for Sat/Sun game

and Mark + son for Sun game.

Anyone else?

OK, I'm in for the Sat and Sun games.

I'm not sure yet if mr sanity is joining me.
What area should I look for a hotel? I have a gazillion points at a few different chains.

Imagine4vr

sanity wrote:OK, I'm in for the Sat and Sun games.

I'm not sure yet if mr sanity is joining me.
What area should I look for a hotel? I have a gazillion points at a few different chains.

Yay!! I'm so glad you're coming!

I think you should stay here with me and cj is staying here. She does have the bedroom, but I have a comfy couch (that also pulls out to a bed) that does have privacy from the rest of the house.

The Best Western Mezona is where most people I know stay - but the Best Western Mesa Inn is closer to me. You want to look for downtown Mesa to stay close.

Call me or email if you want to ask about any specific place or about staying here.

Imagine4vr

bumping this up -

AZ wooters are you here?

Imagine4vr

I'm working on our tickets and I need to have them paid in the next week or 2 at the latest. Unfortunately I'm just not able to front all the money right now, so I'll need to collect money ASAP. Tickets are $30 for each game, and they are front row tickets (or 2 in the 2nd row behind us depending how many are going). I can take paypal or you can mail me a check, I'm good either way.

For now, I have cj and sanity for 2 games each and Mark/son for 1 game each. Last call for tickets!!

Thanks!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
Imagine4vr wrote:I'm working on our tickets and I need to have them paid in the next week or 2 at the latest. Unfortunately I'm just not able to front all the money right now, so I'll need to collect money ASAP. Tickets are $30 for each game, and they are front row tickets (or 2 in the 2nd row behind us depending how many are going). I can take paypal or you can mail me a check, I'm good either way.

For now, I have cj and sanity for 2 games each and Mark/son for 1 game each. Last call for tickets!!

Thanks!

Thank you for the offer of accommodations. I'll stay in a hotel and get some pampering since I can use points to pay for it!

May I let you know by tomorrow am re which days? I need to find out what days I can take off work.

The games start at 1 pm, right?

cjsiege

I'm actually up for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Imagine4vr

sanity wrote:Thank you for the offer of accommodations. I'll stay in a hotel and get some pampering since I can use points to pay for it!

May I let you know by tomorrow am re which days? I need to find out what days I can take off work.

The games start at 1 pm, right?

Yes, games start at 1pm or 1:10 something like that. As far as where to stay, we can talk about it Sat when I see you! Letting me know tomorrow/this weekend is fine.

cjsiege wrote:I'm actually up for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Awesome! Do you know when you'll be arriving?

I'm getting excited!

cjsiege

Imagine4vr wrote:Awesome! Do you know when you'll be arriving?

I'm getting excited!

My plan right now (pending possible work related stuff in the area) is to do a Thursday to Thursday hitch. (So tix for the 3/9 and 3/10 games would also be a wonderful thing! ) Baseball OD, but what a way to go!

Imagine4vr

cjsiege wrote:My plan right now (pending possible work related stuff in the area) is to do a Thursday to Thursday hitch. (So tix for the 3/9 and 3/10 games would also be a wonderful thing! ) Baseball OD, but what a way to go!

Just a ticket for you or are you a plus 1 for those games? Let me know now, and I'll get the tix. These are season tickets that belong to a friend of mine. He doesn't come down until mid March, so I have access to any tickets if I let him know by Monday. I'll need to send him money then also. Tickets for the weekday games are $28 I believe. I'll have to double check if Fri is a $28 or $30.

cjsiege

Imagine4vr wrote:Just a ticket for you or are you a plus 1 for those games? Let me know now, and I'll get the tix.

I'm checking on that now. Great minds think alike!

MarkDaSpark

Imagine4vr wrote:I'm working on our tickets and I need to have them paid in the next week or 2 at the latest. Unfortunately I'm just not able to front all the money right now, so I'll need to collect money ASAP. Tickets are $30 for each game, and they are front row tickets (or 2 in the 2nd row behind us depending how many are going). I can take paypal or you can mail me a check, I'm good either way.

Thanks!

Happy Birthday!!!

And it will just be me for the Sunday game. My son doesn't care about the Dodgers/Cubs. Just the Angels.

cjsiege

cjsiege wrote:I'm checking on that now. Great minds think alike!

Looks like I'm solo. If my friend changes her mind -- well, I'll deal with that later.

Imagine4vr

cjsiege wrote:Looks like I'm solo. If my friend changes her mind -- well, I'll deal with that later.

No problem, just let me know. Most likely will be able to pick up an extra ticket, if not next to us, close to us if needed.

Imagine4vr

MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday!!!

And it will just be me for the Sunday game. My son doesn't care about the Dodgers/Cubs. Just the Angels.

Updated the list.

cjsiege

*bump* Must keep baseball on the front page!

cjsiege

*bump*

Dammit PSquishy! You're supposed to be over here!

Imagine4vr

Okay it's a month away, let's make plans!

Saturday night party at my house sounds like a great plan. We can get together after the game, grill steaks, veggies etc and drink much wine!

Mark, Kyle, anyone else coming?

I was thinking Sunday night to go out to dinner - there are several restaurants I want to try that I've never been.

FnB
D'Vine Bistro and Wine Bar
Petite Maison
Coup Des Tartes (this is a byob)

Also for brunch on Monday or during the week, Cafe Monarch. They don't seem to have a website but here are some reviews of them
yelp
urbanspoon

What do you all think?

MarkDaSpark

Imagine4vr wrote:Okay it's a month away, let's make plans!

Saturday night party at my house sounds like a great plan. We can get together after the game, grill steaks, veggies etc and drink much wine!

Mark, Kyle, anyone else coming?

I was thinking Sunday night to go out to dinner - there are several restaurants I want to try that I've never been.

FnB
D'Vine Bistro and Wine Bar
Petite Maison
Coup Des Tartes (this is a byob)

Also for brunch on Monday or during the week, Cafe Monarch. They don't seem to have a website but here are some reviews of them
yelp
urbanspoon

What do you all think?

No Fogo?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
cjsiege wrote:*bump*

Dammit PSquishy! You're supposed to be over here!

I'm here. I'm heading to AZ with my two friends and their parents so our presence is questionable. Certainly on the maybe list. I'll see where we're staying and what our plans are.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen