Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic
$34.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Aged 7 Years
Product:
1 250ml Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic

Just had some of this the other day... on cheesecake with blueberries. Di-frickin'-vine!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov

kosher?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Speed to first woot: 0m 1.777s
Last wooter to woot: sciara

Yes! Missed this last time ..... It goes fast people.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

GvnMcCld

quality posts: 6 Private Messages GvnMcCld

I got some of this one of the previous offerings, I can't recommend it any higher. It's worth every penny. It may seem like not very much for the money, but you don't need much since it's very concentrated.

This goes AWESOME on fruit like strawberries!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Previous Labrat Reports from last year's offer.

Thread from last year's offer

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jplamb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jplamb

This stuff is worth every penny. I still have a bottle left from my last purchase so I won't be in on it this time. Best balsamic I've ever bought. Before people start crying about how expensive it is and how they can get one at Costco for $7 just realize that not everything is the same quality and retail on this bottle is double what is here.

sbrady22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbrady22

I purchased this the last time it was on wine.woot. This is an incredible Balsamic Vinegar and contributes a lot of flavor and depth into whatever you add it. The "balsamic vinegar" you buy at the local grocery store cannot even begin to touch the quality of the Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic being sold here.

sciara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sciara

Yes. I am so very excited that this is the offering. I missed out in the past, but I am a great lover of Balsamics. I can have strawberries and Spumoni ice cream available ASAP to RAT.

In for 2!

rainydz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rainydz

Expensive, yet worth it. Bought this last time it was offered. If you like Balsamic, you will LOVE this!

fivedozenwhales

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fivedozenwhales

I've had this before, and can say without hyperbole that it is hard to keep myself from drinking it. It is that good.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

I bought 2 bottles of this the first time it was offered. I am barely through with 1/2 the first bottle and I use it all the time! This stuff is awesome on almost anything. If I didn't have an unopened bottle already I'd be all over this.

rainydz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rainydz
rainydz wrote:Expensive, yet worth it. Bought this last time it was offered. If you like Balsamic, you will LOVE this!

Wow, by the time I posted this look how many others said the same thing. How much did we earn for our testimonials WD????

R70Runner

quality posts: 19 Private Messages R70Runner

is this sweet enough to be used as in deserts? I've had some balsamic vinegars that are amazing in their richness

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

"That could be because they come from Modena, in the heart of Balsamic country. Imagine how you’d feel showing up at Skywalker Ranch dressed like a Klingon. That’s what lousy vinegar would be to the Cavedoni family. Unthinkable."

Great tie-in to the main Woot offering. Your writers haven't lost a step.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Wow! The average price is $75! http://www.shopwiki.com/_Botte+Piccola+Balsamic+Vinegar

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Yeap, this is divine. Got it the last time and it is great.

Small bottle lasts a long time. Worried that you have to finish something like fast this before it spoils? Don't be. Shelf life basically has 100 year half life. I store mine in the fridge with saran wrap over the top (cork broke).

My fav applications are over vanilla icecream and bruchetta.

This is nothing like your traditional store bought balsamic vinger. Definite buy for foodies.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater
R70Runner wrote:is this sweet enough to be used as in deserts? I've had some balsamic vinegars that are amazing in their richness

Yeap, like I said in my post above. One of my fav ways to eat this is over vanilla icecream.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

Werewolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Werewolf

$56.00 retail for the exact same bottle here:

www.designdolcevita.com

Just an FYI on how great this deal is.

mreed911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mreed911
Corrado wrote:Just had some of this the other day... on cheesecake with blueberries. Di-frickin'-vine!

And with the thumbs-up from Corrado, I'm clicking buy...

Been there, sucked that, got the bad taste in my mouth to prove it. -- Woot
http://www.woot.com/Blog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryId=4737

myrlin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages myrlin

I bought 3 of these last time around and they were everyone's favorite holiday gifts. The quality is exceptional even if the price is a little high.

008 Barrels of Crud
183 Bottles of Juice

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs

I am so in on this offering. My son has access to wonderful balsamic's in his business, however want to give him this for his birthday. With so many wooters giving it good reviews, I feel I can't go wrong. Having been in the food industry for many years in the past, I would love to be a labrat for this one. Have some ideas in mind to try. Will be home for the next two weeks and willing to create in the kitchen....

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

R70Runner wrote:is this sweet enough to be used as in deserts? I've had some balsamic vinegars that are amazing in their richness

I'm kinda wishy-washy on "Balsamic," but I eat this on vanilla ice cream (and lick the bowl). I threaten to beat my wife if she tries to pull it down to make salad dressing or cook with. "HEATHEN WENCH! THAT'S WHAT THE STORE-BOUGHT STUFF IS FOR!"

< /hopes_wife_doesn't_read_woot_forums >

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Does anyone still have their promotional code/discount from the anniversary woot off lights purchase. I deleted my email with the code. If you have it, could you PM me please.

anthnysantos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthnysantos

Is it a problem to order this item if I'm under 21 years of age? I know that it's non-alcoholic, and that the description on the site doesn't contain the usual legal warnings, but when I went to pay, it told me I had to be 21.

hughdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hughdog

I've never wine.wooted before, but the reviews had me in on this one. Plus, the wife and I were just talking today about getting a good Balsamic to hopefully cook more appetizing, yet healthier, foods for ourselves. Send any good recipes my way.

sosptuba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sosptuba

In for one! Looking forward to some tasty treats!

intodogs

Have been trying to find where I sign up to labrat and can't seem to locate where. Could someone please enlighten me??? Thanking you in advance.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

Home page:
http://www.acetaiacavedoni.it/home.php

Full product line up:
http://www.acetaiacavedoni.it/catalogo.php

So authentic you have to go to google to translate it into english. Just to put you in your place, the stuff woot is selling does not rate "Tradizionale", but is "un prodotto totalmente genuino".

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

kelleighanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelleighanne
intodogs wrote:Have been trying to find where I sign up to labrat and can't seem to locate where. Could someone please enlighten me??? Thanking you in advance.

Here's the link to the labrat signup

And additional useful rat info

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
anthnysantos wrote:Is it a problem to order this item if I'm under 21 years of age? I know that it's non-alcoholic, and that the description on the site doesn't contain the usual legal warnings, but when I went to pay, it told me I had to be 21.

There shouldn't be a problem. I don't see it set to age restricted. Please post again if you're still having troubles and I'll send out a ping to HQ.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

awhite17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awhite17

In for one. woot.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

How long can I hold a bottle? Christmas gift ok? If yes, I'm in for two! If not, I'm in for one.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

anthnysantos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthnysantos
Gatzby wrote:There shouldn't be a problem. I don't see it set to age restricted. Please post again if you're still having troubles and I'll send out a ping to HQ.

Thanks, I just ordered it, no problem Just afraid of the shipping people giving me a hard time

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori

Ah, serendipity! We just finished up a bottle this weekend, and I was saying afterwards that it was unlikely that we'd see more on Woot! Shows why I'm not a big-time stock market prognosticator.

Everyone else has said how great this vinegar is so I won't belabor the point, but I will note that it is not expensive, not for the quality. Just like wine, the best balsamic costs more than the plonk, but is well worth it.

There's still a bottle in the cupboard, but I'm thinking we may need another back-up.

intodogs

kelleighanne wrote:Here's the link to the labrat signup

And additional useful rat info

I appreciate your quick reply and I have signed up to rat. Now headed to bed and instead of sugar plums dancing in my head it will be golden tickets. Maybe, just maybe....

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
kylemittskus wrote:How long can I hold a bottle? Christmas gift ok? If yes, I'm in for two! If not, I'm in for one.

I think you'll be good. I mean, aged 7 years, plus people have been posting about using it slowly since the offering last year. Pretty sure you can order with confidence.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
lauratchi wrote:I think you'll be good. I mean, aged 7 years, plus people have been posting about using it slowly since the offering last year. Pretty sure you can order with confidence.

Well damn you all for making me spend $75 on some vinegar!!!

How should I store this until Christmas? Cold in the fridge? In my wine cooler? Pantry?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

vegasgz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegasgz

Apologies for this FNG question but if I previously signed the labrat form, would I have to fill it out again for this purchase or am I permanently labrat eligible? Danko.

Cheers,
David

PS With regard to the last post, I recommend storing this in a cool dark place.

nosnevets

quality posts: 10 Private Messages nosnevets

No whining about no wine here, this is something I might like; wish they had a gourmet woot for stuff like this though.

Nos

Life is too short and my liver is too fragile to drink bad wine.