Product: 3 2006 California Zinfandel
CT link above

Winery Website

Scott Harvey on Yelp

Follow Scott on Twitter

Scott Harvey on Facebook

Previous Offers:
8/25/08 (2004)

Welcome back Scott! And Welcome Kansas and Tennessee!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

Dang - had to click the "I Want One" button 4 times before it would go - how does MarkDaSpark do it?

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

wudafuxawoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wudafuxawoot

Ahhh, the first wine.woot available to us Tennesseans. No more surfing in the shadows for me!

jkastorff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jkastorff

the best EVER!! Can I get my first lab rat on this- Ive got great experience with this one!! In for 3 no doubt. Best Zin I've ever tasted. Port blend is good til the last drop.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
nmachen wrote:Dang - had to click the "I Want One" button 4 times before it would go - how does MarkDaSpark do it?

Woot Time Machine of course!

And it's Scott Harvey!!! Gotta get it anyway you can.

If it stays ...

Scott Harvey InZINerator Three - Pack

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Speed to first woot: 0m 0.637s

Last wooter to woot: technogeektoo

Edit: The really funny (or sad) part is this is the 2nd time I didn't think I would get First sucker .....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

nmachen

MarkDaSpark wrote:Woot Time Machine of course!

Yeah - I've got to get one of those!

Edit: Suggestion for Kansas & Tennessee first time wine-wooters. Buy this immediately. It may not be around long! Scott Harvey is incredibly popular on this web site (and so is his wine...)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

2 or 3 or more? Hmmmm...maybe my first 'gifting' experience. I really want to buy a Zune 120 this week though. Hmmmm...

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

jkastorff

tommythecat78 wrote:2 or 3 or more? Hmmmm...maybe my first 'gifting' experience. I really want to buy a Zune 120 this week though. Hmmmm...

you can get the zume anytime. this deal is too good to pass on. You will not regret it!

dodongo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dodongo

OK, so here's the deal -- I'm signed up for rattage. I've never ratted. And I've never pleaded for labrat duty, but here we are. This is my calling

I love the Zin, I love the real Zin (as opposed, of course, to the "white" kind), and I am amazed what it can do in the hands of a skilled winemaker. Met Scott and Jana at the California Family Winemakers tasting last year, and I dig their product through and through... My boyfriend used to live up in Healdsburg so we'd go tasting all over the place up in that direction, including of course Dry Creek Valley...

Well, anyway, I'm happy to receive the wines based on the agreed-upon amount, because I know they'll be fantastic. But dearest Woot, I implore you, the time for my inaugural rattage is nigh

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:2 or 3 or more? Hmmmm...maybe my first 'gifting' experience. I really want to buy a Zune 120 this week though. Hmmmm...

This is the wine you want ......

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
jkastorff wrote:you can get the zume anytime. this deal is too good to pass on. You will not regret it!

I do have 6 bottles of this already in my cellar. At this price I can't pass up on more though.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

jkastorff

tommythecat78 wrote:I do have 6 bottles of this already in my cellar. At this price I can't pass it up more though.

i still have 3 of the 06 left (was trying to save for special occasions) and a few of the 04's. loading up on 3 sets, and Im in the SH wine club. this beats even their club price.

tomaste

quality posts: 13 Private Messages tomaste

In for the max! Would love to rat. ;)

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

I'm glad I decided to wake up and check w.w!! Boy am I ever glad. In for 2, putting Michigan on the map!

I'd love to rat this, here's to hoping!

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I just bought this. I've heard so much about it that I just had to buy some. I'm really excited to try this. Wanted to go for 3 but I just couldn't afford it. Now only to be a rat...

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Okay, this might have been asked before and answered, but what's the cellarability of these? And also, how long before it opens up?

kaleorockssocks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaleorockssocks

Im just twitching with anticipation for this to arrive. I salute you woot. Would love to rablat.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

simplydumpling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simplydumpling

In for one; would love to rat

MarkDaSpark

For those new to Wine.Woot, we have a "Getting to Know You" (GTKY) thread in the World of Woot Wine section to introduce yourself. And to read about those of us brave enough to post there about us.

And very kindly, cjsiege updates the following:

cjsiege wrote:~~~ We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Early Edition for the week of July 26
Visit our Wine.Woot Event Calendar on Google Calendar!

August
8/1: Connecticut #4: Clam Bake!
8/6: Detroit #6.5: An Evening with Scott Harvey
8/ 8: SE Florida #1
8/15: Detroit #7: Superspryte is Back In Town – via Skype!
8/15: Dallas #4: Thai One On
8/22:SoCal Get Together: joannevicious is visiting
8/ 29: NorCal/Bay Area #2: End of Summer BBQ
TBD: Chicago #12: Pairing with Indian Food

September
TBD: NoVA/DC #15: TBD Theme
TBD: NYC #13: Catskills Pig Roast & Toast

October
TBD: SoCal #?: Otolith Visits San Diego

Looking for some helping hands:~~~ We now return you to your regularly scheduled GTKY Thread. ~~~

So join a wine.woot gathering close to you, or start up your own gathering! Just let CJ know, and she'll add your gathering to the list and calendar!

nmachen

Questions for Scott when he arrives:

1) How does the 06 compare to the 04 version previously wooted?

2) Planning on signing these bottles too? (I love the personalized bottles from last time, but do understand that it must have been a ton of extra work.)

- Maria Robinson

brybry

quality posts: 5 Private Messages brybry

ENJOYED A BOTTLE OF 2004 inZINerator A COUPLE DAYS AGO. I DIDN'T WANT TO BUT COULDN'T RESIST. ONLY A COUPLE BOTTLES LEFT. NOW WITH THIS NEW OFFERING (IN FOR 3) THE GUILT HAS GONE AWAY. JUST A SIP GIVES A MOUTHFUL OF FLAVOR. MMMM

AVAILABLE TO RAT. COULD BE A NICE COMPARISON WITH THE 04

imsochady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady

Schweeet, my current favorite! I remember enjoying the magnum inZINerator that was last offered here!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

In for one, and since I'm actually at home this time around available to rat.

MarkDaSpark

For all those new to “Labrat” and/or “rattery” …..

Cheron98 has kindly put all information about the Labrat program at the beginning of the Labrat Thread (where she kindly and graciously cross-posts all the labrat posts into one convenient place).

She has the rules of "rattery" there. As well as a listing of the labrats and offers from June 2 of last year (2008).

In essence, you sign up for the labrat program, which makes you eligible to receive an additional bottle from the current offer (via FedEx overnight) if:

a) You purchase the current offer before the deadline (usually 10 am CT, first day of the offer).

There are no set guidelines other than doing your best to present your opinions about the labrat bottle in a timely manner (since there may be some people on the fence about the current offer, and are waiting for your opinions). You can be as creative (or not) as you want. Read thru some of the previous labrats to get an idea. There are a lot of humorous reports, as well as serious ones.

Some have used the UC Davis Wine Scoring System and others have used the Parker 100 point system. Others have just used “It’s Good!”. There is no right or wrong way to report.

For a quick overview of the majority of wine scoring systems, the DeLong Wine Ratings Review is available as a PDF.

DeLong Wine has been on Wine.Woot before with their Varietal Chart and Tasting Books, and sponsors The Century Club for those who have tasted over 100 different varietals (and we have several Wine.Wooters as members, with others on the verge). Check out Century Club thread in the World of Woot Wine for more info. And they’ve added a “Doppel Member” status for those who have tasted over 200 different varietals. They are supposed to have a new form (Word and Excel) in May to help with the 200.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

It's a no-brainer.

Scott Harvey InZINerator Three - Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Speed to first woot: 0m 0.637s
Last wooter to woot: conroo

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

soochee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soochee

Just sent one to Nostrom0 as a happy home coming gift for our move back to LA. I'm hoping it'll be our first delivery after our move

joshaw

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw

Zins are my favorite, this is my first Inzinerator purchase. Available to rat if need be... :-)

MarkDaSpark

Email sent out to WootFavorites via EmergencyWootNetwork. No texts sent yet ....

Apathy0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Apathy0

what happened to Connecticut?
Anyone in eastern NY/NYC want to receive this *as a gift* for me?
I can pick up after the first week in August...

KabuMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KabuMan

I bought a Scott Harvey 3 pack before and the Barbera that came with it was AWESOME! I wonder when Woot will bring the Scott Harvey Barbera back.

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra
MarkDaSpark wrote:Email sent out to WootFavorites via EmergencyWootNetwork. No texts sent yet ....

FYI - I rec'd the email and a text.

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

crzycajn70

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70

What happened to Louisiana? We've been on the list on previous Scott Harvey offerings. Did our laws change or is it an oversight? Really want in on this offer if I can. Thanks.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

docpw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages docpw
crzycajn70 wrote:What happened to Louisiana? We've been on the list on previous Scott Harvey offerings. Did our laws change or is it an oversight? Really want in on this offer if I can. Thanks.

I'm starting to sound a bit like a broken record*, but same question for Vermont? We were on the list in April 2009 offering.

(* Sorry.

Yes, I know that each winery has a different list of states to which they can ship.

And that each winery needs to make a business decision as to whether or not they ship to a given state even it it's legal.

And therefore that decisions regarding which states an offer ships to are not a decision of WD or wine.woot.

And that even though states may change laws to permit direct shipping, it takes time for a winery to complete the necessary paperwork and receive permits to ship.

But I must admit, I'm curious. :-0 )

fitzpanther

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fitzpanther

I am shocked that North Carolina is not on the list! I am so disappointed!

mexicaliblues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mexicaliblues

I am so mad north carolina is not included. It has been for every w.w. for a long time. I clicked the buy it button and everything. Maybe an even better zin on thurs??

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

How good is this deal?

If you're asking, you ain't exactly been around here long, have you? As those who received the EWN alert last night already know, this is kind of a favorite of many folks in these parts. The question usually being asked is, "Honey, can I get three sets and then gift myself another three?" Yup! It's that good!

Click the link above for full discount details, CT links and prices, etc., etc..

Enjoy!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
fitzpanther wrote:I am shocked that North Carolina is not on the list! I am so disappointed!

Funny story about why NC can't get this wine... Maybe Scott will share it when he gets here.

CT | | | | | |

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
fitzpanther wrote:
I am shocked that North Carolina is not on the list! I am so disappointed!

It's for much the same reason you cannot buy Cycles Gladiator in Alabama.

Fell free to contact your state regulators and let them what your opinions of their efforts to protect the fine citizens of North Carolina.

madpoet

quality posts: 4 Private Messages madpoet

I could swear I bought some InZINerator before in Connecticut. And yet, we aren't on the list