Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Anyone in the Phoenix area interested in a wine.woot tasting? I'm new to the area, living in E. Mesa and I'd be happy to hostess or arrange a BYOB dinner if there are people interested. With the addition of AZ on the ship to list, I'm sure there's some of you around.

Also - for those not in the area, think about traveling here the last week in February for Spring Training and drinking wine. I have access to front row tickets at HoHoKam and space for people to crash if they like.

(cj I hope I'm not too late to get in this week's posting, please?)

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Not a problem...so long as I get first dibs on Spring Training accommodations!!!

Unless you tell me differently, I'll put you into the "Looking for a helping hand" category for now.

Imagine4vr

cjsiege wrote:Not a problem...so long as I get first dibs on Spring Training accommodations!!!

Unless you tell me differently, I'll put you into the "Looking for a helping hand" category for now.

You got it! - puts the reserved sign on the guest bedroom -

and Thank You.

lbusenb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbusenb

We live in the area and can deliver a good number of people who enjoy wine tasting. But I don't know what a "Woot" event would look like.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
lbusenb wrote:We live in the area and can deliver a good number of people who enjoy wine tasting. But I don't know what a "Woot" event would look like.

It looks like a laid back get-together with people who enjoy good wine, good food, and good conversation.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

I travel down to your neck of the woods from time to time. I'll be down there after the Sip and Sail. Sometime in the twenties of July. That seems a little quick to throw a get-together together, maybe...

Imagine4vr

lbusenb wrote:We live in the area and can deliver a good number of people who enjoy wine tasting. But I don't know what a "Woot" event would look like.

What Tommy said. It's a group of us and our friends who know each other from woot. Check out some of the other threads in this section and you can read and see pics of other wine.woot tastings.

Moondragon wrote:I travel down to your neck of the woods from time to time. I'll be down there after the Sip and Sail. Sometime in the twenties of July. That seems a little quick to throw a get-together together, maybe...

We can always get together and drink wine! If you come between the 20th and 26th it's yelp eats restaurant week here, and a chance to try some great places for a $25 prix fixe menu. Just let me know.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

BIL lives in Mesa, next time we head out that way we'll give you a holler!

Dude... wait, what?

Imagine4vr

LoonBoarder wrote:BIL lives in Mesa, next time we head out that way we'll give you a holler!

That would be great, I'm in Mesa also!

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

Looks like I'm coming in on the 21st and leaving on the 28th.

Imagine4vr

Moondragon wrote:Looks like I'm coming in on the 21st and leaving on the 28th.

Fantastic! I hope we'll be able to meet for dinner or something. My email is my user name here @gmail.com.

Anyone else in AZ want to meet for dinner/wine or ...?

lbusenb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbusenb
Imagine4vr wrote:Fantastic! I hope we'll be able to meet for dinner or something. My email is my user name here @gmail.com.

Anyone else in AZ want to meet for dinner/wine or ...?

We would love to but we will be in CA on the coast just at that time! Besides, who in their right mind comes to AZ in July? Keep us in mind for the next one.

Imagine4vr

Moondragon wrote:Looks like I'm coming in on the 21st and leaving on the 28th.

Are you in town? Want to meet for dinner one night?

specvic

quality posts: 7 Private Messages specvic

I had a glorious malbec at Bomberos this weekend (along with a not-so-glorious one). Good South American wines and live music (Central and Dunlap). I'd be interested in meeting for dinners/wine tasting parties.
Also, anyone up for a visit to Atlas Bistro in September for Arizona's restaurant week? Its a BYOB restaurant.

newfangled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfangled

I was thinking the same thing. I live in Scottsdale and would love to get some sort of tasting together...Is there any way to share contact info to get in contact with other members? I know its usually not proper to post that info in a forum..

I could sign your yearbook if you want.

newfangled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfangled

Well, I see that others provide at least an email, so..mine is darngenius@gmail.com. To the person suggesting atlas, its a great place. Josh, the chef there is one of the best in the state and grows all his own veggies. I frequent AZ wine co, which is attached to Atlas. (wed and fri tasting every week). But yes, we should get some wooters together. To those above interested, you can email me whenever.

I could sign your yearbook if you want.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
newfangled wrote:Well, I see that others provide at least an email, so..mine is darngenius at gmail dot com. To the person suggesting atlas, its a great place. Josh, the chef there is one of the best in the state and grows all his own veggies. I frequent AZ wine co, which is attached to Atlas. (wed and fri tasting every week). But yes, we should get some wooters together. To those above interested, you can email me whenever.

Ummm, you might want remove your email from your post, since sometimes bots will find it and you will get innundated with spam. I've done it above as an example. But normally you will PM the person with your email address and not post here.

And check out the Woot Gatherings post (usually found at the beginning of the CyberPub and on the first section of the new wine offers on Sunday/Monday) that I copy for CJ.

There's an Arizona gathering planned for March in Phoenix.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.