alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13

Houston #1 planned date Friday, MAY 15 7 PM sharp! At this point, unless I hear back from some folks otherwise, we will be hosting #1 at our home in Clear Lake.

We would like to ask everyone who is interested to please PM me so we can exchange info, give the address etc.

If everyone will please bring a "favorite" they would like to share and taste, we will be in great shape.

We will be serving some appetizers to go with the tasting, not a full-on dinner. If anyone would like to bring something to pass, it would be welcome. We will post more details closer to the time and begin showing the wine selections offered based on the response from everyone attending, as well as munchies.

Looking forward to meeting fellow Houston wine wooters in a month!

Best,
Jim and Katie

Craig x3,Harvey3x2,Epiphany3x3

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

WooHoo! Another region comes on-line! Congrats! (Oh, and good luck with the 7pm SHARP thing...you'll need it! )

alfisti13

OK, Houston! We no longer have a problem getting together, as the date is set. Now a poll for the group of location preference. The one and only rae has graciously offered her home in Bellaire as an alternate to our house in Clear Lake.

So we must have your feedback! We need a vote, and in this one, your vote will actually count.

So going to give this until Monday, April 27 for those of you who plan to come to the first ever Houston Wine Woot tasting to voice your location preference.

I will start the vote:

Jim and Katie - Clear Lake (read lazy!)

mklasing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mklasing

We would love to come! My name is Murphy Klasing--email is mklasing@mcginnislaw.com. Thanks for doing this--should be great fun!

-Murphy

alfisti13 wrote:Houston #1 planned date Friday, MAY 15 7 PM sharp! At this point, unless I hear back from some folks otherwise, we will be hosting #1 at our home in Clear Lake.

We would like to ask everyone who is interested to please PM me so we can exchange info, give the address etc.

If everyone will please bring a "favorite" they would like to share and taste, we will be in great shape.

We will be serving some appetizers to go with the tasting, not a full-on dinner. If anyone would like to bring something to pass, it would be welcome. We will post more details closer to the time and begin showing the wine selections offered based on the response from everyone attending, as well as munchies.

Looking forward to meeting fellow Houston wine wooters in a month!

Best,
Jim and Katie

Craig x3,Harvey3x2,Epiphany3x3

Murphy Klasing

alfisti13

mklasing wrote:We would love to come! My name is Murphy Klasing--email is mklasing@mcginnislaw.com. Thanks for doing this--should be great fun!

-Murphy

Hi Murphy and welcome! Houston #1 is on, and is going to be held at our home in Clear Lake on Frday, May 15th at 7pm.

Those interested in bringing a bottle and sharing, meeting new friends etc please PM me with your email address, contact phone etc and I will reply with the physical address and my contact details as well!

Looking forward!

Jim and Katie

alfisti13

CJ:

Thanks for the vote of confidence about the time! I actually thought of starting at 6:52 PM like that would actually work...but with Houston traffic, 7ish is acceptable.

Looking forward to Houston#1 and meeting fellow wooters!

I will send out emails to everyone who has responded via PM to me with their email and contact info. Those of you who do not respond with the info will not get the address, as I am not going to post it on the forum, so get in touch soon and I will respond to the group early next week.

Thanks!

Jim and Katie

cjsiege wrote:WooHoo! Another region comes on-line! Congrats! (Oh, and good luck with the 7pm SHARP thing...you'll need it! )

alfisti13

OK, hopefully between this post and your PM box, you all will get this and respond. I have sent PM's to the following, confirming our date and time 5/15 at 7 pm and asking for your email address so I can send a group email with address and other info.

Here is the potential list of wooters who have responded with email info:

theonlyrae
mklasing

Here is the list of those who have received a PM but have not responded yet with their email address. Remember, if you don't send me your email address, you won't get the physical address of the wine tasting at our house, so shoot me back an email!

corrosive
houtx
donbon
solarfish42
leto11
thereisnospoon16
eric9tx
mattcrnk
paulmd
mjc613
bravo6
csg523

So as you all can see, we have had good response so far for #1 tasting, but need confirming emails from you 12 above. This is going to a lot of fun, so c'mon and join us!

Best,

Jim and Katie

alfisti13

OK the update is we now have five folks who have responded and I am looking for the rest of you to join in, as the email with info goes out this friday!

alfisti13 wrote:OK, hopefully between this post and your PM box, you all will get this and respond. I have sent PM's to the following, confirming our date and time 5/15 at 7 pm and asking for your email address so I can send a group email with address and other info.

Here is the potential list of wooters who have responded with email info:

theonlyrae
mklasing
donbon
thereisnospoon
erictx

Here is the list of those who have received a PM but have not responded yet with their email address. Remember, if you don't send me your email address, you won't get the physical address of the wine tasting at our house, so shoot me back an email!

corrosive
houtx
donbon
solarfish42
leto11
thereisnospoon16
eric9tx
mattcrnk
paulmd
mjc613
bravo6
csg523

So as you all can see, we have had good response so far for #1 tasting, but need confirming emails from you 12 above. This is going to a lot of fun, so c'mon and join us!

Best,

Jim and Katie