darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

So, we just finished 3, which was awesome. I figured it takes us about three months and two date changes to nail a tasting down, so why not start now. Dsapp, I know you mentioned wanting to host a warm weather tasting. I'm thinking this next tasting will likely happen in late May/June (clearly I was wrong here). Start posting folks!

Date: August 1

Place: mother's place in West Haven.

Theme: There's a clambake So bring your favorite summer wines! We'll also have the grill going for those non-shellfish eaters

Who's coming and what they are bringing:

Darlene: chicken for the grill, some sauv blanc
Darlene's wonderful husband: zinfandel?
Polarbear
PB's wife
mother
bahwm
ddeuddeg
dsapp: '07 Turkey Flat Rosé, '08 Domaine de Triennes Vin de Pays du Var Rosé, '07 Santa Julia Torrontés Tardío
dsapp's wife
rpm


Maybes

thatguy

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

*bump* Any thoughts people?

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

We're just getting back before Memorial Day, and I have the MS ride on June 7. So those two weekends are out for me. Otherwise, we are open (I think).

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

So how would something the weekend of June 13th work for people then?

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

June 13th works for me. Any volunteers for hosting?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
mother wrote:So how would something the weekend of June 13th work for people then?



I think it works for me.

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

OK, I am now officially out for June 13th, or really any Saturday in June. Dates available are: 5/23, 5/30, Fridays in June but not Saturdays, and completely open for the month of July. My social calendar books up rapidly, so I'd like to get a date set soon. Any input guys? I'm happy to host if we need one, my place is small but we manage ok

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
darlenee1 wrote:OK, I am now officially out for June 13th, or really any Saturday in June. Dates available are: 5/23, 5/30, Fridays in June but not Saturdays, and completely open for the month of July. My social calendar books up rapidly, so I'd like to get a date set soon. Any input guys? I'm happy to host if we need one, my place is small but we manage ok



Aww that stinks! Unfortunately 5/23 is memorial day weekend, and half the Saturdays in July are already quite occupied...

Does 5/30 work for others?

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
mother wrote:Aww that stinks! Unfortunately 5/23 is memorial day weekend, and half the Saturdays in July are already quite occupied...

Does 5/30 work for others?



I believe Mark is on safari right now, so we won't be hearing from him for at least a few more days.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
darlenee1 wrote:I believe Mark is on safari right now, so we won't be hearing from him for at least a few more days.



Until that week, yeah.

Apathy0


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Apathy0
mother wrote:
Does 5/30 work for others?




If it is 5/30 i can make it.
Otherwise I will go back to lurking.


darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
Apathy0 wrote:If it is 5/30 i can make it.
Otherwise I will go back to lurking.



OK, so we have a tentative 5/30. So far I have me and my husband, mother, and Apathy0. Anyone else interested in this date, which is like 1.5 weeks away

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

cjsiege


quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Darlenee - If you are still aiming for 5/30, would you please update teh frst post and the title to reflect the date? Thanks! I'm going to peg this as 5/30 in the PSA unless you tell me differently.

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
cjsiege wrote:Darlenee - If you are still aiming for 5/30, would you please update teh frst post and the title to reflect the date? Thanks! I'm going to peg this as 5/30 in the PSA unless you tell me differently.



I'm going to say no, since I haven't really heard back from anyone and that's this Saturday. I think we're back to sometime in June.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Sorry. Still catching up. My wife will be in FL, taking our daughter to West Palm Beach zoo for her summer internships. So we would not have made the 30th.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

5/30? or June? I'm new to CT... from Portland, OR... I think I'd be in for something...

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
edthebedhead wrote:5/30? or June? I'm new to CT... from Portland, OR... I think I'd be in for something...



I hope so. Look forward to meeting you.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

OK, so lets start thinking of a date for the next tasting. As of now, I am available pretty much no weekends in June. July, thus far, is wide open Fridays and Saturdays. I tend to book up pretty fast, so would like a date set soon. In August, I am open every weekend but the 29th so far.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

So did the rest of us want to try for something next Saturday (13th) still, and do #5 towards August, or just put off #4 until then?

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Bumping since there's been no answer to mother's question.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

For me, it looks like waiting is better. Lots of stuff happening. Then there is the Sip&Sail on the 18th. August may be better to put a stake in the ground. Like 8/15 or 8/22?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
polarbear22 wrote:For me, it looks like waiting is better. Lots of stuff happening. Then there is the Sip&Sail on the 18th. August may be better to put a stake in the ground. Like 8/15 or 8/22?



As of right now, 8/15 and 8/22 work for me. Anyone else?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

So I'm bumping this because I'd really like to nail a date down soon before all my August weekends book up. Anyone besides Mark and I able to attend either of these two dates?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
darlenee1 wrote:So I'm bumping this because I'd really like to nail a date down soon before all my August weekends book up. Anyone besides Mark and I able to attend either of these two dates?



Replying to myself here. As of right now, no one has expressed any interest, so should we put the tasting on hold until the fall? I'd like to know soon so I can make other plans for those August weekends

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
darlenee1 wrote:Replying to myself here. As of right now, no one has expressed any interest, so should we put the tasting on hold until the fall? I'd like to know soon so I can make other plans for those August weekends


Yeah, I think we should. Seems that we don't get big crowds, and summer is just too tough.

So enjoy the rest of your summer and let's see what we can do in the fall.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
polarbear22 wrote:Yeah, I think we should. Seems that we don't get big crowds, and summer is just too tough.

So enjoy the rest of your summer and let's see what we can do in the fall.



Sounds like a plan!

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

So your just skipping the summer? Oh well.

Edit: For what it's worth I'd be willing to host Aug 1st or 8th, but the 15th/22nd I've got a house full.

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
mother wrote:So your just skipping the summer? Oh well.

Edit: For what it's worth I'd be willing to host Aug 1st or 8th, but the 15th/22nd I've got a house full.



I am available as well, but I think Mark is busy.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
darlenee1 wrote:I am available as well, but I think Mark is busy.



I have to visit my daughter one of those weekends. Likely the 8th, since she turns 21 on the 3rd. But I can't commit to the first yet, but would be likely.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

ddeuddeg and I might consider coming out depending on the date. August 1st is more of an option for us. Nothing like thinking of 6 hours or so as local!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

I will say that we are about 80% likely to be able to make 8/1. If you can get ddeuddeg and bhawm on that date, let's start planning.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
polarbear22 wrote:I will say that we are about 80% likely to be able to make 8/1. If you can get ddeuddeg and bhawm on that date, let's start planning.



I concur!

Since it's August and I'm about 700' from the shore, what about something like a clam bake?

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mother wrote:I concur!

Since it's August and I'm about 700' from the shore, what about something like a clam bake?



claaaam baaaaake... mmmmmmm....

curse you all and your fun-sounding events. stupid work. stupid lack of funds. grr.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
mother wrote:I concur!

Since it's August and I'm about 700' from the shore, what about something like a clam bake?



We're there! I'll update the original post

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
bahwm wrote:ddeuddeg and I might consider coming out depending on the date. August 1st is more of an option for us. Nothing like thinking of 6 hours or so as local!



You guys are out by the finger lakes, right? We're driving to Elmira, NY on my birthday via Rt 17. Can you recommend a good place to stop and eat so I don't hate my husband for making me drive eight hours on my birthday?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

So, what do we want the wine tasting theme to be? My wine club is doing sauv blanc for our tasting the week before Do we want to stick with lighter, warm weather wines? Or pick a certain varietal or region? What say you, Ct gatherers?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
darlenee1 wrote:So, what do we want the wine tasting theme to be? My wine club is doing sauv blanc for our tasting the week before Do we want to stick with lighter, warm weather wines? Or pick a certain varietal or region? What say you, Ct gatherers?



Things that go with shellfish and sausage?

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mother wrote:Things that go with shellfish and sausage?


There you go. You have whites, and some light reds. And oh, ...

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
polarbear22 wrote:There you go. You have whites, and some light reds. And oh, ...



Rose? Zinfandel goes with sausage We'll make the theme favorite summer wines, then? Sound good?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
darlenee1 wrote:Rose? Zinfandel goes with sausage We'll make the theme favorite summer wines, then? Sound good?



Sounds like a plan.

BTW If there are people who don't eat pork/shellfish I will be more than happy to grill up some chicken/lamb etc. I'm also only a couple minutes from Metro-north or Amtrak...