3. jwhite6114
    - Potato Salad (from Red, Hot, & Blue)
    - 2007 Wellington Vineyards Le Pique Nique

WINES:

last updated: 5/29

CT | | | | | |

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05
jwhite6114 wrote:So it seems we don't have a #13 NoVA event being planned, yet #12 is about to take place in two weeks. So here we go ... start picking dates, folks!

• May 30 - jw
  • Jun 6 -
  • Jun 13 -
  • Jun 20 - jw
  • Jun 27

We're expecting #14 to be the end of July while MadWino and MadWine are in town.

I'm down for any of the dates EXCEPT the 20th. While I will want to drink that day (daughter's 18th birthday) I probably shouldn't! ;-)

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
jwhite6114 wrote:So it seems we don't have a #13 NoVA event being planned, yet #12 is about to take place in two weeks. So here we go ... start picking dates, folks!

• May 30 - jw
  • Jun 6 -
  • Jun 13 -
  • Jun 20 - jw
  • Jun 27

We're expecting #14 to be the end of July while MadWino and MadWine are in town.

I prefer 5/30, 6/6 and 6/20.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah
darlenee1 wrote:I prefer 5/30, 6/6 and 6/20.

6/6 is best for me.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

As of today (!), I'm good across any day. May 30 is my birthday, but don't let that sway the date discussion.

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows

6/6, 6/13, and 6/20 are good for me. 5/30 is the weekend of Vintage Virginia so I will probably be working that and 6/27 I'll be in Charlotte.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

**updated**

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

June 6th appears to be in the lead at this point. Anyone available to host? Want to call the date?

CT | | | | | |

nabrunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabrunk

June 6 is good for me. I'll even arrange for Darlene to have transportation and a place to sleep, if she makes it

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Oscar Wilde

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
nabrunk wrote:June 6 is good for me. I'll even arrange for Darlene to have transportation and a place to sleep, if she makes it

I'm sorry guys, but I am officially out June 6th, now. Cousin's graduation party But perhaps I'll be able to make the July tasting instead!

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk
jwhite6114 wrote:June 6th appears to be in the lead at this point. Anyone available to host? Want to call the date?

Looks like I am out June 6th. I just discovered I need to be out of town for an event on the 7th. All other options are still open for me if the date is rethought.

CT

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Anything except the 27th works for me.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

jwhite6114

So several folks chimed in that they cannot do June 6th. June 6th still seems to have the most available attendees, followed closely by May 27th. The rest of June does not appear to be good for many people.

So ... any host for May 27th or June 6th?

CT | | | | | |

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
jwhite6114 wrote:So several folks chimed in that they cannot do June 6th. June 6th still seems to have the most available attendees, followed closely by May 27th. The rest of June does not appear to be good for many people.

I am always available to host a date that I am willing to attend. Whether you want to have it again in the 'burbs or 'hood is all up to ya'll.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
jwhite6114 wrote:We're expecting #14 to be the end of July while MadWino and MadWine are in town.

Only just noticed this. Sign me up for this one, for sure. Gotta get down there to meet the M&M's, as no clue when I'll ever get my ass out to Cali again.
And please let me know as soon as you have a date (even if you haven't made the thread for it), since the earlier I can book my bus ticket the cheaper the fare I can get.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

hershelk

jwhite6114 wrote:So several folks chimed in that they cannot do June 6th. June 6th still seems to have the most available attendees, followed closely by May 27th. The rest of June does not appear to be good for many people.

May 27th being a Wednesday, I assume you mean June 27th?

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
hershelk wrote:May 27th being a Wednesday, I assume you mean June 27th?

And what's wrong with getting smashed on 30 or so bottles of wine on a Wednesday night?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

jwhite6114

hershelk wrote:May 27th being a Wednesday, I assume you mean June 27th?

Actually, I meant May 30th.

CT | | | | | |

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123

Since our last tasting I have hired a personal trainer who is...rigorous...in his efforts with me. Alcohol has not touched my lips in weeks. I will be continuing in this status for some time yet, hence my absence tomorrow.

But he is not altogether heartless. In celebration of my birthday that week, I will be permitted attendance at the tasting on June 27th, if one is held on that date. So overjoyed at the thought, I immediately contacted the management office to see if the community room was available.

Alas, it is not.

Sigh.

On the bright side, it appears that at my current rate of consumption my cellar will last forever.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow evening and toasting you from the gym with a delicious and refreshing glass of...water.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
kkv123 wrote:Since our last tasting I have hired a personal trainer who is...rigorous...in his efforts with me. Alcohol has not touched my lips in weeks. I will be continuing in this status for some time yet, hence my absence tomorrow.

But he is not altogether heartless. In celebration of my birthday that week, I will be permitted attendance at the tasting on June 27th, if one is held on that date. So overjoyed at the thought, I immediately contacted the management office to see if the community room was available.

Alas, it is not.

Sigh.

On the bright side, it appears that at my current rate of consumption my cellar will last forever.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow evening and toasting you from the gym with a delicious and refreshing glass of...water.

kkv - A week ago, I too stopped drinking as part of a similar plan. So I don't intend to be drinking other than at special gatherings until June or later, and I'm going to have to be very careful tomorrow evening with my consumption. In any case, I empathise. The ends justify the means, though.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

cjsiege

I am now out for June 6. Must be out of town for a family committment.

sonadora

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sonadora

Matt and I are offering to host for 5/30. We'd be down for doing a backyard bbq....we'd supply the ribs (beef, in case anyone doesn't eat pork) and our suggestion would be a dry Rosé tasting. It's the perfect summer accompaniment to BBQ! If others would volunteer to bring sides and desserts, we'd be all set.

I'd also recommend we start a little earlier than usual to take advantage of the daylight.

Lasgar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lasgar

6/6 is the only one I can do.

jwhite6114

sonadora wrote:Matt and I are offering to host for 5/30. We'd be down for doing a backyard bbq....we'd supply the ribs (beef, in case anyone doesn't eat pork) and our suggestion would be a dry Rosé tasting. It's the perfect summer accompaniment to BBQ! If others would volunteer to bring sides and desserts, we'd be all set.

I'd also recommend we start a little earlier than usual to take advantage of the daylight.

Sounds like a great plan, to me! In addition to food, I'd bring a 2007 Wellington Vineyards Le Pique Nique for the Rose.

CT | | | | | |

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
sonadora wrote:Matt and I are offering to host for 5/30. We'd be down for doing a backyard bbq....we'd supply the ribs (beef, in case anyone doesn't eat pork) and our suggestion would be a dry Rosé tasting. It's the perfect summer accompaniment to BBQ! If others would volunteer to bring sides and desserts, we'd be all set.

I'm in for Sat. 5/30
I can bring Mumm Napa Brut Rosé

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

hershelk

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe start with a Rose sparkling or two and round out the end of the evening with a rose dessert wine. Now, what to bring. I have several to choose from, decisions, decisions. Are you city, inner burbs, or outer burbs?

CT

sonadora

hershelk wrote:Sounds like a great idea. Maybe start with a Rose sparkling or two and round out the end of the evening with a rose dessert wine. Now, what to bring. I have several to choose from, decisions, decisions. Are you city, inner burbs, or outer burbs?

We're in Alexandria, just outside the beltway.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
hershelk wrote:Sounds like a great idea. Maybe start with a Rose sparkling or two and round out the end of the evening with a rose dessert wine. Now, what to bring. I have several to choose from, decisions, decisions. Are you city, inner burbs, or outer burbs?

I'd suggest further filling out a rosé tasting by bringing some companion reds: if someone brings a Pinot Noir rosé there should be a red Pinot Noir from the same producer or region. And so on.

Or just expand the theme to summer wines in general.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

cjsiege

I'll be bringing my Zin-based Sangria. It should go really well with our BBQ. FF&F!

jwhite6114

**updated**

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

So.

I can get a decent flight in for this, but I need one or both of the following:

1) A ride from/to BWI
2) Somewhere to crash

Cuz, y'know, my trusty good friend Loweeel will be unavailable

Is there some kind soul out there who'd be willing to shuffle me around and put up with me for the weekend? Please oh please? And maybe then stash a couple cases of Loweeel's wine until he gets home?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

PetiteSirah

cheron98 wrote:So.

1) A ride from/to BWI
2) Somewhere to crash

Is there some kind soul out there who'd be willing to shuffle me around and put up with me for the weekend? Please oh please? And maybe then stash a couple cases of Loweeel's wine until he gets home?

You are welcome to crash at my place again, though I don't think that will do much good without transportation.

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
jwhite6114 wrote:**updated**

Thank you, good sir.
Please make me plus 1.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

cheron98

PetiteSirah wrote:You are welcome to crash at my place again, though I don't think that will do much good without transportation.

I might be able to rent a car. Would you give me keys next week then?

PetiteSirah

cheron98 wrote:I might be able to rent a car. Would you give me keys next week then?

We'll find a way to make it work, that could be one of them.

theresa1013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theresa1013

BBQ ribs and rose sounds right up my alley! I'm 90% sure I can make this one. I'll plan to bring the 2007 Mandolina rose from the recent woot offering.

sonadora

Yay, this sounds great! 4 works wonderfully for us.

Looking forward to having everyone over!

I will most likely be contributing a 2006 Jeriko Rose as I love it and have a lot of it at home. In addition to the ribs of course

cjsiege

cheron98 wrote:So.

1) A ride from/to BWI
2) Somewhere to crash

If you can get a car, you are welcome to crash down at my place. Yes, I know it's farther away. But you don't have to worry about roommates, either.
EDIT: And I won't rat you out to your sister.

cheron98

cjsiege wrote:If you can get a car, you are welcome to crash down at my place. Yes, I know it's farther away. But you don't have to worry about roommates, either.
EDIT: And I won't rat you out to your sister.

Hm, then I could magically show up at their church on Sunday morning and totally surprise them. This could be fun

'aight, lemme go check flights and cars. I might get in early enough that I'll just drive on down to your place and ride back & forth with ya

cheron98

Flight booked, car booked. I'm comin!

Edit: Oh, and I'm bringing 2007 Quinta da Alorna Vinho Regional Ribatejano