Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

Let me know any thoughts you guy have about at good time for the next tasting. I am thinking some time in the next month. (Apr)

Let me hear from you.

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

The weekend of the 11th/12th is best for me, but it might not be good for any last-day tax filers out there.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Alaska1

Ok got one vote for the 11th or 12th.

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
Alaska1 wrote:Ok got one vote for the 11th or 12th.

Psst! April 11/12 is Easter weekend. Not sure if that would impact you all.

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen

Yet another tasting I'll have to miss. I'm due 4/20, so I'm hoping we have one in May (or June at the very least) so I can get out and enjoy some good wine.

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
JanaDahlen wrote: Yet another tasting I'll have to miss. I'm due 4/20, so I'm hoping we have one in May (or June at the very least) so I can get out and enjoy some good wine.

If your kiddo happens to arrive on the 21st (my bday), I'll be sure to find a nice bottle to give you guys to celebrate having a child born on such a great day!

edit: I'd vote for later in the month.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000

We are open right now to most any weekend, however that may change depending on Jana with her little one on the way!

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

coynedj

cjsiege wrote:Psst! April 11/12 is Easter weekend. Not sure if that would impact you all.

Oops. Maybe that weekend isn't the best after all. The 4th/5th is definitely a bad weekend for me, and the ones after the 11th/12th are up in the air as to whether I could attend.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

Alaska1

We can still look at May too. I was just thinking everyone wanted to get another one in soon. (I know I do) but there is no point in hosting if no one shows, so.

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

We're going to Madison for Easter weekend, so that one is out for us. Later in April or May would work, though.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

April = Bad

Easter
Daughter's Birthday
Possible trip to Germany.

otolith

Dude, just throw some dates out there, and let's get something rollin'.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Alaska1

otolith wrote:Dude, just throw some dates out there, and let's get something rollin'.

Where are your dates????

otolith

Alaska1 wrote:Where are your dates????

I'd be out Easter weekend, and then the weekend of May 9th, as I'm on call, and I like to stay more sober than my patients.

--John Muir

Alaska1

Ok It is looking like April is out. I am going to put in my vote for May 9th. How dose that look for yall?

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000
Alaska1 wrote:Ok It is looking like April is out. I am going to put in my vote for May 9th. How dose that look for yall?

We will just be flying in that evening from Miami, so the 9th is a no go for us.

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

Alaska1

Did I also mention that I would like to do this tasting (when every it is) as a BLIND tasting? Any thoughts on that people??!

coynedj

I'm going to be of no help at all and say that as of right now May is wide open for me. Any date chosen would be fine with me, though of course that could change later on.

The blind tasting sounds like fun.

otolith

Alaska1 wrote:Did I also mention that I would like to do this tasting (when every it is) as a BLIND tasting? Any thoughts on that people??!

Hey, I made everyone drink only my wine, and it's your party, so go for it! It sounds like a great idea. I would be curious how you're going to work the logistics--everyone bring their bottle directly to you and you number them? Or, if you want to play along, have someone else do that for you?

--John Muir

Alaska1

otolith wrote:Hey, I made everyone drink only my wine, and it's your party, so go for it! It sounds like a great idea. I would be curious how you're going to work the logistics--everyone bring their bottle directly to you and you number them? Or, if you want to play along, have someone else do that for you?

I have not thought about the logistics of it yet, I would love to drink my wine, But I feel that my "collection" is lacking in diversity. I would like to get a date first, then get that set up.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Did you know the 9th is a Minnesota State Holiday? Fishing opener and all?

The 9th sounds good to me (I don't fish enough). But it would also let me get out of town for the Gov's fishing opener. Not like I'll be able to stroll the downtown area of my city that weekend anyway.

rsethre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsethre
Alaska1 wrote:Let me know any thoughts you guy have about at good time for the next tasting. I am thinking some time in the next month. (Apr)

Let me hear from you.

Hi,
I am interesting in joining a tasting group. The Easter weekend would not work, as I'll have guests in from out of town, but would be game for any other times, so please let me know what you set something up.
some dude's uncle Sethre
Minneapolis]
rlsethre@gmail.cm

jdkessler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdkessler

This might be interesting. Where would you meet?

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

Easter weekend is a no go for me. As well as the weekend of the 25th, that's the NFL draft I will be drinking for 2 days straight for that as it is :-) May would probably work better for me.

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

coynedj

May 9 or 16 would be fine with me. Let's get the date set!

otolith

All right, Alaska, where'd ya go?!?!
And I'm voting for the 16th.

--John Muir

Alaska1

ok ok ok, I'm here! May 16th sounds like it will work for most people. I say lets put a cork in this now!

The Minnesota Woot tasting #6 will be May 16th.

I would like to do it blind. I think it would be fun and educational.

How dose that sound?

coynedj

Alaska1 wrote:ok ok ok, I'm here! May 16th sounds like it will work for most people. I say lets put a cork in this now!

The Minnesota Woot tasting #6 will be May 16th.

I would like to do it blind. I think it would be fun and educational.

How dose that sound?

Looking forward to it.

I take it we'll all be bringing wines of the same varietal? Or will there be a few blind flights of different varietals?

Alaska1

coynedj wrote:Looking forward to it.

I take it we'll all be bringing wines of the same varietal? Or will there be a few blind flights of different varietals?

I think everyone can bring what they want, but need to try and make it as close to a single verietal as possible. That should make it more fun to guess.

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

The 16th sounds great. E & I should be in. Assuming we can find someone to watch the little guy.

bigmay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmay
Alaska1 wrote:Let me know any thoughts you guy have about at good time for the next tasting. I am thinking some time in the next month. (Apr)

Let me hear from you.

Where do you live, man? As far as I know, the 16th of May works for me. I'm hoping to bring the GF as well.

Thoughts on what varietal/region/style you want to keep the tasting within?

Alaska1

you can bring any varietal you would like from anywhere, I think for our group it would be best if we try to keep each bottle as close to a single varietal as we can. What ever one you choose. I think it will then also be fun to try and guess where it is from. I hope this works out the way I am planning it in my head. If anyone has suggestion please let me know.

bigmay

Alaska1 wrote:you can bring any varietal you would like from anywhere, I think for our group it would be best if we try to keep each bottle as close to a single varietal as we can. What ever one you choose. I think it will then also be fun to try and guess where it is from. I hope this works out the way I am planning it in my head. If anyone has suggestion please let me know.

So, uh, where (approximately) do you live?

And so I understand, you aren't looking for everyone to bring the same varietal. What you want is everyone to bring a bottle that is 100% (or close) of any varietal of their choosing. Correct? Shouldn't be a problem. The GF and I have it on the calendar and will be there provided you don't live in St. Cloud or something.

Alaska1

bigmay wrote:So, uh, where (approximately) do you live?

And so I understand, you aren't looking for everyone to bring the same varietal. What you want is everyone to bring a bottle that is 100% (or close) of any varietal of their choosing. Correct? Shouldn't be a problem. The GF and I have it on the calendar and will be there provided you don't live in St. Cloud or something.

You got it! As close to 100% as possible. I think that will make is some what easier for people to guess. I live in Maple Grove, but North Maple Grove, like Champlin/Osseo. So it will be some what of a drive but I made it to the others soooo no excuses!

bigmay

Alaska1 wrote:You got it! As close to 100% as possible. I think that will make is some what easier for people to guess. I live in Maple Grove, but North Maple Grove, like Champlin/Osseo. So it will be some what of a drive but I made it to the others soooo no excuses!

I have my two bottles picked out - and both are 100% single varietal.

minnesotamoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minnesotamoon

I should be available that day as well. I'll have to do some digging but I think I may have a good bottle in mind. Looking forward to it, I've missed out on some of the more recent tastings.

"Wine drinkers make grape lovers"

coynedj

Alaska1 wrote:You got it! As close to 100% as possible. I think that will make is some what easier for people to guess. I live in Maple Grove, but North Maple Grove, like Champlin/Osseo. So it will be some what of a drive but I made it to the others soooo no excuses!

I'm guessing 100% white zin wouldn't be appropriate? Maybe time to break out the good stuff - that oak monster chard, maybe. :P

otolith

I think I have my choice.

--John Muir

Alaska1

coynedj wrote:I'm guessing 100% white zin wouldn't be appropriate? Maybe time to break out the good stuff - that oak monster chard, maybe. :P

I am sorry to say if you bring a White zin anywhere near my house I will have to make you turn right around!

otolith

Anyone interested in getting some TyCaton field blend for $13/bottle plus shipping? I need more wine like I need another hole in my head, but I had a bottle of this yesterday, and it was excellent for the price.

Anyone want to split a case or two?

--John Muir