mgdsh

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mgdsh

I figured it would be helpful to come up with some sort of official list of Bay Area Wine.Wooters so we too can do trips / tastings / GTGs / etc.

I'll start. I'm Dave & I'm in the East Bay.

Favorites: Corison/Helios Cabs/Cab Franc, TyCaton Cab/TyTaniun & Field Blend, Roessler Pinots, Krupp Verasion Synchrony, Kent Rasmussen PS & Titus Lot 1

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
mgdsh wrote:I figured it would be helpful to come up with some sort of official list of Bay Area Wine.Wooters so we too can do trips / tastings / GTGs / etc.

I no longer reside in the area (I went to college in South Bay), but I need to make a trip out there to visit friends and I'd try to combine it with a tasting if possible. I could probably interest some of those friends, too.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mgdsh wrote:I figured it would be helpful to come up with some sort of official list of Bay Area Wine.Wooters so we too can do trips / tastings / GTGs / etc.

Well, there's Tenuki, Joatmon, & Worstvegetarianever .....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

yay, my let's procrastinate until someone else makes the thread worked!

CT

joannevicious

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious

And me! Joanne. East Bay. Although I can't really partake in any outings for a bit (like May or June or even July) what with the whole giving birth in a few weeks and all...

tenuki

Oh, veg and I are both East Bay. Joat's south bay.

CT

jenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenmonkey

San Jose here.

ArcheDiver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ArcheDiver

Burlingame here, work in SF

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

North Bay here. I live in Calistoga, work in Napa.

Is anybody interested in going to the Mustard Festival in Calistoga this weekend?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Winedavid and Winefarm live in Sonoma.

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:North Bay here. I live in Calistoga, work in Napa.

Is anybody interested in going to the Mustard Festival in Calistoga this weekend?

Hmm, I can't do Saturday because of a pool league, which is sad since it looks like a lot fewer participants Sunday, but if you all do go Sunday let me know.

CT

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

For those of you who will be near the East Bay this weekend, one of my very best friends is reading his poetry, along with two other poets at Studio One tomorrow evening in Oakland. See link for details. There will be wine!

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

mewalk707

tenuki wrote:Hmm, I can't do Saturday because of a pool league, which is sad since it looks like a lot fewer participants Sunday, but if you all do go Sunday let me know.

I am definitely going on saturday. Sunday, well, I could be convinced. There's not as much going on and i'm way more interested in the wineries that are pouring on saturday. Specifically, Tofanelli, Envy, and V. Arroyo. Yummy... can't wait.

ArcheDiver

Anyone going to the barrel tasting in russian river this weekend? thinking about heading up, definetly going to dry creek, looking for advice on where else to stop by.

mewalk707

ArcheDiver wrote:Anyone going to the barrel tasting in russian river this weekend? thinking about heading up, definetly going to dry creek, looking for advice on where else to stop by.

Saturday or sunday? I’ve never been tasting in dry creek. Actually, I took a closer look at the list and I’ve never been to any of these wineries.

Link: barrel tasting in russian river

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:Saturday or sunday? I’ve never been tasting in dry creek. Actually, I took a closer look at the list and I’ve never been to any of these wineries.

Link: barrel tasting in russian river

Hmm, same deal, might be in for Sunday. Saturday pool (last weekend) and St. Patty's day party (which also means early Sunday seems out :P).

CT

ArcheDiver

Looked at the list, Iron Horse, Dry Creek Vineyards, both on my favorites list. If weather holds I'll probably be up there sunday.

wombativ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wombativ

Hi all, I'm Jeff, a master's degree candidate at UC Davis in the Viticulture and Enology program. I'm out for this weekend (need to write up a winery design project), but I'll throw my hat in the ring for potential future events (at least until my thesis and the fall harvest in Napa eat up all my time).

mewalk707

ArcheDiver wrote:Looked at the list, Iron Horse, Dry Creek Vineyards, both on my favorites list. If weather holds I'll probably be up there sunday.

Those two wineries are quite a distance apart.

I am interested in going on sunday as well. Left to my own devices I will probably do downtown Healdsburg that way I can walk between tastes. But that’s only if i'm going alone. If you, tenuki, and anyone else want to meet up then i'm open to any of these regions/wineries.

The weather looks like it’s going to be in the 60s and partly cloudy.

If it helps in the decision making process there are going to be more events in this area coming up. There is another Dry Creek Valley event in April (probably sold out already, if interested you might want to get in their database now for next year since tickets are sold lottery style), Alexander Valley in June, and Russian River Valley in August.

tenuki

What time Sunday? I'm not much of a planner but I'd be willing to tag along. This is all assuming I actually get sleep Friday and not drunk Saturday.

CT

mewalk707

tenuki wrote:What time Sunday? I'm not much of a planner but I'd be willing to tag along. This is all assuming I actually get sleep Friday and not drunk Saturday.

The wineries are pouring between 11am-4pm. I’m not much of a morning person. If I go solo, I will probably be in Healdsburg around 1pm. If meeting up with someone, when and where is completely flexible.

ArcheDiver: Are you still going?

tenuki: You’re going to a St. Patrick’s Day party on saturday. Is it possible to not get drunk?

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:The wineries are pouring between 11am-4pm. I’m not much of a morning person. If I go solo, I will probably be in Healdsburg around 1pm. If meeting up with someone, when and where is completely flexible.

tenuki: You’re going to a St. Patrick’s Day party on saturday. Is it possible to not get drunk?

1 I could do.

It's possible though unlikely I have pool beforehand and that'll take forever, so I'll be late to the the party and tired already. Hmm, maybe I should BART.

CT

mewalk707

tenuki wrote:1 I could do.

It's possible though unlikely I have pool beforehand and that'll take forever, so I'll be late to the the party and tired already. Hmm, maybe I should BART.

All this talk about st. patrick’s day is making me crave a black & tan. Yummy.

You have a PM.

ArcheDiver

[quote postid="3056791" user="mewalk707"]The wineries are pouring between 11am-4pm. I’m not much of a morning person. If I go solo, I will probably be in Healdsburg around 1pm. If meeting up with someone, when and where is completely flexible.

Starting to look like I'm not going to make it. The wife has been fighting a cold all week and I'm starting to feel run down. If we're both feeling better we'll make a last minute descision sunday morning. I'll post here first thing if we're heading north. (by first thing I mean around 9am, planning to sleep in).

mewalk707

ArcheDiver wrote:Starting to look like I'm not going to make it. The wife has been fighting a cold all week and I'm starting to feel run down. If we're both feeling better we'll make a last minute descision sunday morning. I'll post here first thing if we're heading north. (by first thing I mean around 9am, planning to sleep in).

Get well soon, both of you.

duckduckgoose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages duckduckgoose

I'm Gerry and live in Santa Cruz/South Bay.

rluxemburg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rluxemburg

mid-Peninsula here. Any excuse to get up to wine country makes me a happy wooter.

mtsugawa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mtsugawa

Mid-peninsula here. Mark

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I'm in Santa Clara. Would love a wine get together with all the northern California wooters.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

San Jose here. Doubtful that I'll be able to hang out with you guys for some time, as my wife and I have a 9 month old boy at home who requires a lot of attention! I'll monitor this thread, though, in the off chance we can meet up with some wooters.

mewalk707

joannevicious wrote:And me! Joanne. East Bay. Although I can't really partake in any outings for a bit (like May or June or even July) what with the whole giving birth in a few weeks and all...

Hi Joanne, any baby news yet?

CalTiki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CalTiki

Hi there,

I'm in the East Bay - it would be great to find other wooters to drink wine with.

Kim

mewalk707

Hi everyone,

I would like to have a woot gathering at my place (in Calistoga). Is anyone interested? And what date works best for you? I’m thinking late may or early june. Any takers?

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:Hi everyone,

I would like to have a woot gathering at my place (in Calistoga). Is anyone interested? And what date works best for you? I’m thinking late may or early june. Any takers?

After memorial day would be cool for me. I've been checking craigslist for glasses, I don't think picking up a dozen glasses for cheap would be hard at all, still looking for a good deal on good glasses though.

CT

wombativ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wombativ

Sounds like a great idea. The Spring is a mess of school events for me on the weekends, but hopefully I can join you guys. I come equipped with my own set of tasting glasses so don't worry about me for glasses.

mewalk707

tenuki wrote:After memorial day would be cool for me. I've been checking craigslist for glasses, I don't think picking up a dozen glasses for cheap would be hard at all, still looking for a good deal on good glasses though.

Early to mid june works good for me. That gives me more of a chance to finish painting the inside of my house. I just love living in a construction zone.

I figured the best day of the week to do this would be a saturday. Those of you driving up from the bay area probably don't want to fight friday afternoon traffic. So, if we go with a saturday in june our choices are:

6/06
6/13
6/20

6/20 is kind of iffy. That is father's day weekend and i'm planning a trip to San Antonio sometime towards the end of june. No dates picked for that yet so I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Oh, and I may be able to borrow glasses from work. They are the typical small logo'd glasses, but they get the job done.

tenuki

Wine.woot gathering, wine country, beginning of summer ... part of me wonders if this'll blow up into something bigger than expected

CT

mewalk707

tenuki wrote:Wine.woot gathering, wine country, beginning of summer ... part of me wonders if this'll blow up into something bigger than expected

Bring it. I have a small house, but there's plenty of room for a couple of air mattresses. There is a decent sized yard which I plan on having a pool in for the summer. A kiddie pool that is.

If this were to turn into a whole weekend thing I would definitely reconsider the saturday start. Friday evening tasting, wineries on saturday, sunday for driving home or whatever. I am flexible.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mewalk707 wrote:Bring it. I have a small house, but there's plenty of room for a couple of air mattresses. There is a decent sized yard which I plan on having a pool in for the summer. A kiddie pool that is.

If this were to turn into a whole weekend thing I would definitely reconsider the saturday start. Friday evening tasting, wineries on saturday, sunday for driving home or whatever. I am flexible.

Sounds like a great idea!!! Whole weekend up in Calistoga would be awesome. But Father's Day weekend is out for me. I've got to spend it with the in-laws. Any other weekend would work though. However, I prefer early June.

mewalk707

CAGrl wrote:Sounds like a great idea!!! Whole weekend up in Calistoga would be awesome. But Father's Day weekend is out for me. I've got to spend it with the in-laws. Any other weekend would work though. However, I prefer early June.

So we're narrowing down. It's looking like the weekends of either 6/6 or 6/13. tenuki? wombativ? Anyone else out there? What do you think?

Any thoughts on friday vs. saturday?