Cravin' Crepes Woot Wine Dinner

June 6th--7pm

Normandie Alliance
3920 Rosemeade Pkwy
Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75287
(972) 306-2400
www.normandiealliance.com

We are officially at MAX capacity, so no more RSVP's for now (please let me know if you have RSVP'd but will NOT attend).

Those who will be attending (and what they will be bringing):
1. cellochick + 3: 2001 Guigal Chateauneuf-du-Pape and 2001 Les Clos de Paulilles Banyuls Rimage
2. Ublink + 1: 2 Schramsbergs
3. PinkZest + 1: 2007 Castle Rock Pinot Noir, California Cuvee and 2007 Bogle Vineyards Chardonnay, California
4. MolMicroChris +1: Krupp Brothers Veraison Synchrony and a TBD
5. justplainjulie: bringing a special home made concoction?
6. zmanonice +1 (hooray!): Casa Lapostelle Cuvee Alexandre Chard, a Viu Manent Single Vineyard Malbec and a door prize
7. dbergeron +1: Moscato and Harvey Syrah
8. eric9tx: a Roessler Pinot Noir
9. jopo: something white
10. scottbeatty +1: '06 Gary Farrell Chardonnay and a French Burgundy

19 RSVP's as of 6/4/09.

pgsanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pgsanth
cellochick wrote:Cravin' Crepes Woot Wine Dinner

June 6th--7pm

Normandie Alliance
3920 Rosemeade Pkwy
Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75287
(972) 306-2400
RSVP by June 3rd.

In for two, possibly four.

cellochick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cellochick
pgsanth wrote:In for two, possibly four.

Wonderful! We look forward to meeting you all!

cwcraig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwcraig
cellochick wrote:Cravin' Crepes Woot Wine Dinner

June 6th--7pm

Normandie Alliance
3920 Rosemeade Pkwy
Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75287
(972) 306-2400

RSVP by June 3rd.

Those who will be attending (and what they will be bringing):
1. cellochick +1: 2001 Guigal Chateauneuf-du-Pape and 2001 Les Clos de Paulilles Banyuls Rimage
2. psanth + 1-3 more: bringing ?

3. cwcraig +1: Will look this weekend on what I will bring.

cellochick

cwcraig wrote:3. cwcraig +1: Will look this weekend on what I will bring.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

MolMicroChris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MolMicroChris

4. In for two. Bringing - Krupp Brothers, Veraison Synchrony + ?

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie

I'll be there plus one again.

cellochick

History buffs will appreciate the significance of where and when we are having the next DFW Wine Woot Dinner:

1944-- World War II: Battle of Normandy begins. D-Day commences with the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history. (Wiki)

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
cellochick wrote:History buffs will appreciate the significance of where and when we are having the next DFW Wine Woot Dinner:

1944-- World War II: Battle of Normandy begins. D-Day commences with the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history. (Wiki)

Had a chance to walk on Omaha beach at sunset and it is amazing that we were able to take that beach given the topographical advantage the Germans had.

I will be glad to join you folks. Still working on SWMBO, so for now am only one. I do have a door prize to bring to add a little incentive to the undecideds out there. As far as the wine I'm bringing I don't know yet. It all depends on what I can carry back from Chile to share with you guys. Call it a mystery wine.

Z

cellochick

zmanonice wrote:Had a chance to walk on Omaha beach at sunset and it is amazing that we were able to take that beach given the topographical advantage the Germans had.

I will be glad to join you folks. Still working on SWMBO, so for now am only one. I do have a door prize to bring to add a little incentive to the undecideds out there. As far as the wine I'm bringing I don't know yet. It all depends on what I can carry back from Chile to share with you guys. Call it a mystery wine.

Z

WOW! You outdo yourself again! I can't WAIT to see what you bring from Chile and look forward to seeing the pictures from the trip!

I hope your spouse will join us for the next one!

J

pgsanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pgsanth
cellochick wrote:Wonderful! We look forward to meeting you all!

Noob here. Didn't know we did the bringing too. secretly hoped woot.com sent a big crate of assorted leftovers ;-)

Any parameters on what to bring? Woot offerings only? Price ranges? How many?

cellochick

pgsanth wrote:Noob here. Didn't know we did the bringing too. secretly hoped woot.com sent a big crate of assorted leftovers ;-)

Please bring whatever you would like to share. There are no set rules. I usually bring two bottles, one for myself and one for my husband. Sometimes, we bring more...especially if there are things we really want to share.

Folks bring Woot purchases and other wines as well. The biggest consideration is usually what wine pairs well with the food. The variety is always interesting and makes the evening really fun! It is intriguing to hear the different opinions about the wines we taste during the evening. Quite educational.

dbergeron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbergeron
justplainjulie wrote:I'll be there plus one again.

Lori and I are in for sure. She will bring her Moscato for sure. I can bring a Lange Twin Cab or Harvey Syrah or a bottle of the K Syrah. What sounds better to everyone?

cellochick

dbergeron wrote:Lori and I are in for sure. She will bring her Moscato for sure. I can bring a Lange Twin Cab or Harvey Syrah or a bottle of the K Syrah. What sounds better to everyone?

Bergeron...check your PM's! You have 2 from me, and one is super old.

Glad you and Lori will be joining us for WW#3! It is always good to see y'all!

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
pgsanth wrote:Noob here. Didn't know we did the bringing too. secretly hoped woot.com sent a big crate of assorted leftovers ;-)

Just bring your most expensive wine and we'll tell you if it's good or not. Better make it two bottles, so we don't run out.

Actually, cellochick answered best. I think one bottle per person is reasonable (so 2 if you have a guest). Wooted wines are fun, since we all don't buy EVERY offer at least we can see what we missed, but food pairing is a consideration too. At the very least, grab your personal favorite and let the rest of us experience it. In the past, we've seen bottles anywhere from $10 to $50, retail price.

And since I'm posting... what the hell goes with crepes???

cellochick- put me down as "probably". We just got back from a weekend in Austin, and are leaving Wed night for 6 days in Ohio. Doesn't look like Joel can take any more time off for wine drinking, but I'm going to do my best to make it on the 6th.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

cellochick

eric9tx wrote:Just bring your most expensive wine and we'll tell you if it's good or not. Better make it two bottles, so we don't run out.

Actually, cellochick answered best. I think one bottle per person is reasonable (so 2 if you have a guest). Wooted wines are fun, since we all don't buy EVERY offer at least we can see what we missed, but food pairing is a consideration too. At the very least, grab your personal favorite and let the rest of us experience it. In the past, we've seen bottles anywhere from $10 to $50, retail price.

cellochick- put me down as "probably". We just got back from a weekend in Austin, and are leaving Wed night for 6 days in Ohio. Doesn't look like Joel can take any more time off for wine drinking, but I'm going to do my best to make it on the 6th.

I'm glad to hear from you and really hope you can be there! We will miss Joel!

If you come up alone on Friday, perhaps we should have a mini-gathering at Cork on Friday so you won't be lonely. When it gets closer to the date and you have confirmed, we can see who might be interested.

zmanonice

dbergeron wrote:Lori and I are in for sure. She will bring her Moscato for sure. I can bring a Lange Twin Cab or Harvey Syrah or a bottle of the K Syrah. What sounds better to everyone?

Since we had the K at the last dinner, I would opt for one of the other two choices.

Also, is there anyone else going for the Century Club? If so, I picked up a spanish white this weekend at Costco for $16 that is 100% godello. Tried it last night and it was tasty. A little citrusy and dry. It would make a nice summer wine. Did a little research and both Parker and Tanzer gave it a 90.

In response to the question about what pairs with crepes, I would have to guess a nice white or possibly a lighter red. A cab would probably too overpowering.

Z

zmanonice

eric9tx wrote:

And you would be bringing the gift from the first dinner, right?

Z

eric9tx

zmanonice wrote:Since we had the K at the last dinner, I would opt for one of the other two choices.

Agreed.

Also, is there anyone else going for the Century Club? If so, I picked up a spanish white this weekend at Costco for $16 that is 100% godello. Tried it last night and it was tasty. A little citrusy and dry. It would make a nice summer wine. Did a little research and both Parker and Tanzer gave it a 90.

Sounds like a great idea. If you have time to pick up another one, I'd happily buy it from you (although wait until I really commit to coming).

In response to the question about what pairs with crepes, I would have to guess a nice white or possibly a lighter red. A cab would probably too overpowering.

Z

Hmm... this might be a good excuse to pull out some good pinots!

zmanonice wrote:And you would be bringing the gift from the first dinner, right?

Z

Yes, yes. But only the last time was my fault. 1st time was WD. Perhaps I'll kiss some more a.... I mean email him and politely request more goodies.

*thinking out loud* I owe UBlink 6 bottles of Ty Caton. I suppose I really should attend this dinner so I can deliver.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

eric9tx

cellochick wrote:I'm glad to hear from you and really hope you can be there! We will miss Joel!

If you come up alone on Friday, perhaps we should have a mini-gathering at Cork on Friday so you won't be lonely. When it gets closer to the date and you have confirmed, we can see who might be interested.

Awesome! That's just more incentive to make the drive. Hell, that might even clinch it for Joel, too. It's not like he likes his job, so...

213 wooted bottles

CT

cellochick

eric9tx wrote:Awesome! That's just more incentive to make the drive. Hell, that might even clinch it for Joel, too. It's not like he likes his job, so...

We want Joel! We want Joel! *as cellochick bangs her fists on the desk while yelling*

Joel...your presence is NECESSARY at this event. Please tell you work to get over themselves and share.

dbergeron

eric9tx wrote:Just bring your most expensive wine and we'll tell you if it's good or not. Better make it two bottles, so we don't run out.

Hey Eric, if you guys go to Cork be sure to post it up so we can meet up. Also, are you bringing the Twisted Oak? If so we could pop one at the dinner as well.

justplainjulie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages justplainjulie

I'd definitely be up for meeting at Cork.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Attention Dallas Folx!

Due to some crazy circumstances, I will be in Dallas THIS WEEKEND!

With Eric & Jopo!

LET'S GET TOGETHER!!!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cellochick

cheron98 wrote:Attention Dallas Folx!

Due to some crazy circumstances, I will be in Dallas THIS WEEKEND!

With Eric & Jopo!

LET'S GET TOGETHER!!!

Cheron, it was really fun to meet you on Saturday! Glad you were in town!

Eric and Jopo...y'all are always a blast! Looking forward to seeing you again in 2 weeks!

Jopo528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jopo528
cellochick wrote:Cheron, it was really fun to meet you on Saturday! Glad you were in town!

Eric and Jopo...y'all are always a blast! Looking forward to seeing you again in 2 weeks!

I will definitely be attending. There were some circumstances that were probably not going to allow me to, but those have gone away for now and I'm free that weekend! See yall then!

I'll try to get Jen to come if she's not busy

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

cellochick

Jopo528 wrote:I will definitely be attending. There were some circumstances that were probably not going to allow me to, but those have gone away for now and I'm free that weekend! See yall then!

I'll try to get Jen to come if she's not busy

Hooray! I'm so glad you will be able to attend! It would be great to see Jen again, so I hope she can make it!

It was AWESOME hanging out with you guys over the weekend! What a happy surprise to have you all in town!

eric9tx

dbergeron wrote:Hey Eric, if you guys go to Cork be sure to post it up so we can meet up. Also, are you bringing the Twisted Oak? If so we could pop one at the dinner as well.

Indeed I will be bringing TO for you, zman, and justj. At least I think that's who paid me And that's a great idea to open one (or more) of those. Retail is about $24 and we got them for about $14, IIRC. I love a deal!

Since "light reds" were suggested, I think I'll break out a nice pinot. Maybe a Rasmussen or Roessler.

And finally, thanks Cellochick and Mr. C for leading us to the tasting, and then for an even more hilarious dinner! 'Twas great to see you all. Hopefully we can add some people and do it all again in a week and a half. (oh, geesh... is it really that soon???)

213 wooted bottles

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
eric9tx wrote:And finally, thanks Cellochick and Mr. C for leading us to the tasting, and then for an even more hilarious dinner! 'Twas great to see you all. Hopefully we can add some people and do it all again in a week and a half. (oh, geesh... is it really that soon???)

And bonus, now you know of an awesome BBQ place in town!

You should totally have a tasting there.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

eric9tx

Attention Dallas peeps!!!
This just in from Donati:
Hi Eric!

Thanks so much for your interest in Donati Family Vineyard. Donati Does Dallas in July… specifically the 14th- 17th. We are planning a wine dinner at Abacus, as well as meeting up with winos who are interested in trying out our wares first hand from us.

So glad to hear you’re a fellow wooter- we love you guys! What are the odds you’ll be in Dallas during those dates? If not, let me know where you will be, I’m pretty magical, and will do everything in my power to make sure we get some of our juice in your glass.

Thanks for looking for us, we appreciate the love shown! Also, was woot how you first heard about us?

Brandy Bell
Wine Club & Marketing Manager
Donati Family Vineyard
P- 877.511.9463
F- 805.238.9257
www.donatifamilyvineyard.com
Mailing List . Twitter . MySpace . Events

213 wooted bottles

CT

zmanonice

Hey Gang,

Just spent a day in Colchagua Valley. The first winery we went to was Viu Manent. It was nice with a horse drawn carriage ride through the vineyard, but it was only about 45 degrees outside. Carmenere is pretty big down here.

The second winery was Casa Lapostelle's Clos Apalta. Took them two years to build the winery by blasting the hillside out. Completely gravity fed and about 6 stories tall. Simply amazing and can't wait to show you the pictures. Unfortunately, they didn't have their Clos Apalta there to taste or buy, but they did share their Borobo. Very tasty but only 1,200 cases made.

After the tour we had lunch there as well. Full 6 course meal with three different wines and it lasted about 2 hours. We had the whole place to ourselves.

We never made it to the third winery (Montes) because we missed our reservation, but couldn't have drunk any more by that point anyway.

Have a total of 8 bottles so far, so will be bringing one of the Cuvee Alexandre's for you, just have to figure out which one. Now we have to figure out how many bottles we can bring back. Currency is crazy too with about 560 pesos to the dollar. Makes conversion in your head pretty tough!

See ya guys soon.

Z

cellochick

[quote postid="3234743" user="zmanonice"]Hey Gang,

Just spent a day in Colchagua Valley....*clip

Is anyone else who is reading this green with envy? WOW Z! This is my dream vacation! Can't wait to hear all about this trip, see your pictures, and try the wine!

Jealous J

scottbeatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottbeatty

count me in for myself and a +1. we'll be bringing an 06 gary farrell chardonnay and a french burgundy that i rustled up.

woot rocks my socks.

pinkzest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkzest

Hi,

I've never been to a woot dinner before, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Plus, I love the crepes at Normandie Alliance. Last time we went there, we had an '05 Merlot that was pretty soft and went well with the meal.

I'll check with my husband, but I think we'll be able to come and might also bring a friend who lives right over there.

Please put me down for a maybe 3. I'll post back with a confirmation ASAP.

eric9tx

pinkzest wrote:Hi,

I've never been to a woot dinner before, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Plus, I love the crepes at Normandie Alliance. Last time we went there, we had an '05 Merlot that was pretty soft and went well with the meal.

I'll check with my husband, but I think we'll be able to come and might also bring a friend who lives right over there.

Please put me down for a maybe 3. I'll post back with a confirmation ASAP.

A few months ago, none of us had ever been to one either. Now it just seems second nature to hang out with these people, whether its a woot dinner or not. As long as there is wine present, its perfectly acceptable.

213 wooted bottles

CT

cellochick

Wow, we are going to have a nice sized group for this dinner! I'm looking forward to it!

I will need confirmations for number by Wednesday, 6/3, so I can let the restaurant know for sure how many will be there. Also, if you have not confirmed what you will be bringing, please do so.

See you all Saturday!

eric9tx

cellochick wrote:Wow, we are going to have a nice sized group for this dinner! I'm looking forward to it!

I will need confirmations for number by Wednesday, 6/3, so I can let the restaurant know for sure how many will be there. Also, if you have not confirmed what you will be bringing, please do so.

See you all Saturday!

Count us in. Wines to-be-determined. Are you keeping track of wines, or should I just scroll thru the posts? I'd rather have variety than accidentally double up on something.

213 wooted bottles

CT

cellochick

eric9tx wrote:Count us in. Wines to-be-determined. Are you keeping track of wines, or should I just scroll thru the posts? I'd rather have variety than accidentally double up on something.

I'm listing the wines folks are bringing up at the top along with the RSVP's.

My hope is to have a wine tasting sheet for everyone to take notes on for the evening. There will be a bunch of wines, and this would be a method to organize your thoughts concerning the ones you taste. It will be easier to construct a wine tasting sheet if I know what folks are bringing.

eric9tx

cellochick wrote:I'm listing the wines folks are bringing up at the top along with the RSVP's.

My hope is to have a wine tasting sheet for everyone to take notes on for the evening. There will be a bunch of wines, and this would be a method to organize your thoughts concerning the ones you taste. It will be easier to construct a wine tasting sheet if I know what folks are bringing.

*scrolls up*
Oh. Duh.

213 wooted bottles

CT

dbergeron

eric9tx wrote:*scrolls up*
Oh. Duh.

Since my last post stating it was the Harvey Syrah, I have gotten the Trinitas and both of the Wellington offers if you would prefer a zin or cab over the Syrah