cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

This event has been canceled due to lack of interest due to lack of funding due to a really crappy economy. Maybe next year!

Hello Wooters!

Have you ever wanted to pick the brain of a respected winemaker? Face to face? Here's your chance!

Scott Harvey has agreed to join us on a whirlwind tour of Michigan wineries this summer before his duties at the Michigan State Wine Competition. Partners in Planning Crime are yours truly, jwink, and Scott. We're settled on dates of July 31 - Aug 2 (with arrival and departure allowances on July 30 and August 3) due to Scott's schedule.

Costs are hopefully going to be no more than $700 per person, which will include:

• Winery tours
  • Bus transportation around the area
  • Lodging for 4 nights, based on double occupancy
  • Dinners
There might even be a goodie bag involved! We are still working out the details and are hoping to be able to include lunches at some of the wineries in the "group cost".

Transportation to and from Traverse City, MI will be at your own expense. There is an airport in Traverse City, and most major airlines fly into it.

Events already scheduled:
We will be asking for a 50% deposit to confirm you for the trip (once we figure out a final cost), and we will be limiting this to 25 attendees in total (including Scott).

Mid-summer is a beautiful time to visit northern Michigan, and this is shaping up to be an exciting event! Come and join us!!

Confirmed wineries:
  • 45 North, LP
  • Black Star Farms, LP
  • Chateau Grand Traverse, OMP

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Yowzers! I missed the rpm tour, but I'll try my best to make it for this one!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink

There are few better places than being in Northern Michigan (ok northern Lower Peninsula) than the summertime. The area is surrounded by Lake Michigan and the wineries are both on two unique but similar peninsulas of their own in an area also dominated by cherry and fruit orchards.

Traverse City is the Cherry Capital of the world. The airport code is TVC for those looking to fly in--you’ll be connecting through a hub somewhere in the region but it is serviced by the major carriers. Hope to see many of you there.

Scott is also talking to some of his winemaking "buddies" to also join us for portions of the agenda.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
coynedj wrote:Yowzers! I missed the rpm tour, but I'll try my best to make it for this one!

We learned a lot on the rpm tour, which was a real highlight of the trip. We know Peter from his blogs. I had a dinner conversation with Scott, and found him to be much like Peter -- very knowledgeable, good sense of humor and very happy to share his expertise. Getting to spend a fair amount of time with him will be time well-spent.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

polarbear22 wrote:We learned a lot on the rpm tour, which was a real highlight of the trip. We know Peter from his blogs. I had a dinner conversation with Scott, and found him to be much like Peter -- very knowledgeable, good sense of humor and very happy to share his expertise. Getting to spend a fair amount of time with him will be time well-spent.

All of the emails with Scott so far have been enjoyable - just like an old friend. I'm so looking forward to the weekend

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:All of the emails with Scott so far have been enjoyable - just like an old friend. I'm so looking forward to the weekend

Cesare, Krista, Sparky, ddeuddeg and I had the great fortune to meet Scott at his home/winery post rpm tour. He was a most gracious and informative host, ever happy to share his knowledge and his wines with us. As ddeuddeg said elsewhere, I was considering cancelling my participation in a language teachers conference to make this weekend work. Now, knowing the actual dates, etc., we'll get home and I'll leave at 7 AM the next morning for a 6 hour drive further East! Ah, but it will be worth it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
bahwm wrote:Cesare, Krista, Sparky, ddeuddeg and I had the great fortune to meet Scott at his home/winery post rpm tour. He was a most gracious and informative host, ever happy to share his knowledge and his wines with us. As ddeuddeg said elsewhere, I was considering cancelling my participation in a language teachers conference to make this weekend work. Now, knowing the actual dates, etc., we'll get home and I'll leave at 7 AM the next morning for a 6 hour drive further East! Ah, but it will be worth it!

Count me in for two on this one. I don't have to fly, I can drive there!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

We need to make a pitstop at Mario Batali's upnorth estate.

cheron98

oppsie wrote:We need to make a pitstop at Mario Batali's upnorth estate.

link?

cheron98

Well, this is now officially on the wine.woot calendar!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Well, this is now officially on the wine.woot calendar!

Not sure it's clear from the earlier post, but bahwm and I are definitely planning on it. Haven't decided yet whether to drive or fly. United seems to be the only airline from Buffalo to Traverse City, and it looked a bit more expensive and less convenient than we like. It's an 8 hour drive, but we could leave a day or 2 earlier and stop in Stratford, Ontario and catch some Shakespeare on the way there, as well as breaking up the drive. If I understand the arrangements correctly, the actual tour ends on the 2nd, with lodging included that night, so we could get away first thing in the AM on the 3rd. Poor bahwm has an early departure for a conference on the 4th.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

ddeuddeg wrote:Not sure it's clear from the earlier post, but bahwm and I are definitely planning on it. Haven't decided yet whether to drive or fly. United seems to be the only airline from Buffalo to Traverse City, and it looked a bit more expensive and less convenient than we like. It's an 8 hour drive, but we could leave a day or 2 earlier and stop in Stratford, Ontario and catch some Shakespeare on the way there, as well as breaking up the drive. If I understand the arrangements correctly, the actual tour ends on the 2nd, with lodging included that night, so we could get away first thing in the AM on the 3rd. Poor bahwm has an early departure for a conference on the 4th.

Gotta love the method of communication! Actually, I really do like the idea of stoppin g at Stratford, Ont. It is a fabulous Shakespeare Festival and could nicely break up the trip.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

ddeuddeg wrote:Not sure it's clear from the earlier post, but bahwm and I are definitely planning on it. Haven't decided yet whether to drive or fly. United seems to be the only airline from Buffalo to Traverse City, and it looked a bit more expensive and less convenient than we like. It's an 8 hour drive, but we could leave a day or 2 earlier and stop in Stratford, Ontario and catch some Shakespeare on the way there, as well as breaking up the drive. If I understand the arrangements correctly, the actual tour ends on the 2nd, with lodging included that night, so we could get away first thing in the AM on the 3rd. Poor bahwm has an early departure for a conference on the 4th.

Gotta love the method of communication! Actually, I really do like the idea of stopping at Stratford, Ont. It is a fabulous Shakespeare Festival and could nicely break up the trip.

ddeuddeg

bahwm wrote:Gotta love the method of communication! Actually, I really do like the idea of stopping at Stratford, Ont. It is a fabulous Shakespeare Festival and could nicely break up the trip.

The idea entered my head as I was posting, and I just threw it in there. I also knew you'd go for it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:If I understand the arrangements correctly, the actual tour ends on the 2nd, with lodging included that night, so we could get away first thing in the AM on the 3rd. Poor bahwm has an early departure for a conference on the 4th.

You understand correctly. Lodging is included for the nights of 7/30, 7/31, 8/1, and 8/2. I personally am planning on getting up there as early as I can on 7/30, so will probably be leaving my house around 9am. It's about a 4 hour drive for me. I'm also planning on hitting another winery before heading home on 8/2 - the one I got that Niagara wine from that WD liked so much at Vegas

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Just checked flight costs, and it's over $400 from the Twin Cities, but the 11-hour drive could be a fun trip through the UP. I'll have to keep my eye out for cheap flight deals. Looking forward to this, and hoping I still have a job come July so I can pay for it!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

cheron98

coynedj wrote:Just checked flight costs, and it's over $400 from the Twin Cities, but the 11-hour drive could be a fun trip through the UP. I'll have to keep my eye out for cheap flight deals. Looking forward to this, and hoping I still have a job come July so I can pay for it!

The UP is beautiful in late July/early August. Especially the drive down US-2 around Lake Michigan... just fantastic. Although you might get the occasional random Wrath of God storm hit you by surprise on the drive. Those are fun

There's also the option of taking the ferry across the lake - which is fun! But could be pricey - I'm not sure they've released the 2009 prices yet.

jwink

oppsie wrote:We need to make a pitstop at Mario Batali's upnorth estate.

I don't think we need a restraining order from Mario....it's his private vacation home.

Factoids: He is active with the Leelanau Conservancy which pays area farmers to add deed restrictions to their land so they don't/can’t sell it for development.

He usually donates a dinner for 12+ provided and created by him for auction; it typically fetches more than $50,000.

Funny antidote: My mom ran into him in a local market once and the deli guy swapped their orders and she had to track him down in the aisles....very nice guy, down to earth, and yes he always wears the orange clogs/crocs.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote: before heading home on 8/2

Are you sure you mean 8/2? Not 8/3?

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:Are you sure you mean 8/2? Not 8/3?

8/3. That one. You knew what I meant

bahwm

ddeuddeg wrote:The idea entered my head as I was posting, and I just threw it in there. I also knew you'd go for it.

Absolutely!

cheron98

boatman72 wrote:Live in Ohio south of Cleveland, work in Cleveland. Jana Harvey told me she grew up in an eastern burg of Cleveland. Wonder if she'll make the trip with Scott, then see family.
I've migrated from white to red, but bought the Swedish for my daughter's friend. Drank a lot of white in Germany for two years. I've gotta see where Traverse City is...think it's up in northern MI. Might be able to drive it, that way if I buy, I can bring it home easily with the top down on the G6. I can already visualize boxes stacked in the back seat!!!! I'll have to check out the wineries....I hate Catawba and Concord grape based wines...yuk and a headache. Does anyone have a list of all of the wineries that would be visited?? VERY INTERESTING

We don't yet have the list finalized, but in the first post of this, I've linked to the websites for the Old Mission and Leelanau peninsulas. For absolute sure we will be visiting 45 North and Chateau Grand Traverse. As we finalize plans, we will post and let you know

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
cheron98 wrote:We don't yet have the list finalized, but in the first post of this, I've linked to the websites for the Old Mission and Leelanau peninsulas. For absolute sure we will be visiting 45 North and Chateau Grand Traverse. As we finalize plans, we will post and let you know

Thanks...let me talk to my son.

jwink

boatman72 wrote:Thanks...let me talk to my son.

Here are the winereies in the area:

http://www.lpwines.com/

http://www.wineriesofoldmission.com/

You'll be happy to see they are a bit past the concord grape phase...haha

You can drive "easily" from Cleveland Google comes up with 6:45 downtown to downtown.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

cheron98

I have a question to pose to y'all.

Which would you prefer?

1) We choose the hotel and book a block of rooms and include the price in the overall price of the trip and that is your lodging.

2) We choose a hotel and reserve a block of rooms from which you can book a room at the group rate, with the price not included in the overall price of the trip so that those who wish to stay elsewhere may do so, and those who wish to arrive late/leave early may do so.

3) Drop the lodging cost from the overall price of the trip and suggest a hotel, but every man for himself to book a room, thus offering the most flexibility in pricing and # of days stay.

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
cheron98 wrote:I have a question to pose to y'all.

Which would you prefer?

1) We choose the hotel and book a block of rooms and include the price in the overall price of the trip and that is your lodging.

2) We choose a hotel and reserve a block of rooms from which you can book a room at the group rate, with the price not included in the overall price of the trip so that those who wish to stay elsewhere may do so, and those who wish to arrive late/leave early may do so.

3) Drop the lodging cost from the overall price of the trip and suggest a hotel, but every man for himself to book a room, thus offering the most flexibility in pricing and # of days stay.

Hmmmmm.....really three good options. If I may ask, do you know what kind of rate the group can get? As far as rooms, it would be nice to stay as a group and limit any outside driving (the safety thing). Individually, I know my Golden Buckeye card would get torn to shreds in Michigan, but we have AAA and can sometimes book other ways.

Any kind of roughed out agenda worked out yet such as the wineries that would be visited? The number of wineries each day? The wife doesn't like wine or at least the dry wines our families drink, but this may be the ticket to understand what's out there and find something she likes. (There goes my DD). That being said, she would want to know all of the details..where we'd be staying, what meals would be included, what driving would there be (chartered bus right?)yada yada.

Then she's got Williamsburg planned with her girlfriends this summer. My son can't make it and I have a boat that inhales sharply and creates suction up a lot of additional funds during the summer. With the economy heading south, it's going to be very shaky for a while. So right now, we have a lot of "ifs"....on the flip side, I'd miss meeting Scott and some of the other wooters. (BTW...I opened one of Scott's One Last Kiss - Red....very nice unique taste going on there in the background. I can't figure out what it is, but will dive back in tonight.)

I'll definitely keep one eye open to this happening.

cheron98

boatman72 wrote:If I may ask, do you know what kind of rate the group can get? As far as rooms, it would be nice to stay as a group and limit any outside driving (the safety thing).

Any kind of roughed out agenda worked out yet such as the wineries that would be visited? The number of wineries each day?

I'm still in discussions with some of the hotels up in the area, but it's looking like we're gonna end up somewhere around $175 per room per night or less. I'm anticipating double occupancy in each room (everyone shares - another 'advantage' to people booking their own rooms is the ability to get your own room if you want it, but that'll raise your own cost). I'd recommend a list of hotels if people want to book their own that are close together so minimal travel is required. The bus would probably be willing to make a couple of stops at various hotels if they're close together to drop people off/pick people up.

We're looking at no more than 5 wineries per day, based on feedback from the RPM tour, and since Michigan is heavy on the whites, it shouldn't be quite as fatiguing on the palates. The "rough" agenda so far is:

Thurs night: Arrival/dinner
Fri: 4-5 wineries on the Leelanau Peninsula, including 45 North
Sat: 4-5 wineries on the Leelanau Peninsula
Sun: 3-4 wineries on the Old Mission Peninsula, including Chateau Grand Traverse, followed by farewell dinner at the Rowe Inn.

Fewer wineries on Sunday since it will be approx. a 45-minute drive from the Traverse City area to the Rowe Inn, and people will likely want to freshen up before dinner.

We are planning on a chartered bus service, yes. We are also hoping to talk a few wineries into including lunch in their tours so that lunches are covered. We are still looking into somehow working in dinners, although we may leave that to just be "do what you want for dinner when we're back in Traverse City", although the welcome and farewell dinners will definitely be included. I also like to book at hotels that include a breakfast of some sort, so that should also already be included in the price. Of course, people would be more than welcome to go wander somewhere to find breakfast, but I would recommend having the hotel-provided stuff

jwink

boatman72 wrote:Hmmmmm.....really three good options. If I may ask, do you know what kind of rate the group can get? As far as rooms, it would be nice to stay as a group and limit any outside driving (the safety thing). Individually, I know my Golden Buckeye card would get torn to shreds in Michigan, but we have AAA and can sometimes book other ways.

Any kind of roughed out agenda worked out yet such as the wineries that would be visited? The number of wineries each day? The wife doesn't like wine or at least the dry wines our families drink, but this may be the ticket to understand what's out there and find something she likes. (There goes my DD). That being said, she would want to know all of the details..where we'd be staying, what meals would be included, what driving would there be (chartered bus right?)yada yada.

Then she's got Williamsburg planned with her girlfriends this summer. My son can't make it and I have a boat that inhales sharply and creates suction up a lot of additional funds during the summer. With the economy heading south, it's going to be very shaky for a while. So right now, we have a lot of "ifs"....on the flip side, I'd miss meeting Scott and some of the other wooters. (BTW...I opened one of Scott's One Last Kiss - Red....very nice unique taste going on there in the background. I can't figure out what it is, but will dive back in tonight.)

I'll definitely keep one eye open to this happening.

There is a good amount of Riesling in the area due to the climate, the majority of wineries have a "sweet" version, the "dry" version is starting to come into its own. Some of the best dessert wines you'll ever taste and also since the area is a large agricultural producer as well (cherry capital of the world, lots of plum or apple orchards too) there tends to be a variety of fruit wines for those that want something less dry. Honestly it will be a great time for your wife and there will be something at each winery for her...albeit she may be saying "start with the sweet stuff".

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

jenludwig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenludwig

I may be interested depending on what the end cost works out to. Getting my husband to buy into it is another matter entirely though. I'll continue to monitor the thread to see what new information is added.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:I'm still in discussions with some of the hotels up in the area, but it's looking like we're gonna end up somewhere around $175 per room per night or less. I'm anticipating double occupancy in each room (everyone shares - another 'advantage' to people booking their own rooms is the ability to get your own room if you want it, but that'll raise your own cost). I'd recommend a list of hotels if people want to book their own that are close together so minimal travel is required. The bus would probably be willing to make a couple of stops at various hotels if they're close together to drop people off/pick people up.

We're looking at no more than 5 wineries per day, based on feedback from the RPM tour, and since Michigan is heavy on the whites, it shouldn't be quite as fatiguing on the palates. The "rough" agenda so far is:

Sun: 3-4 wineries on the Old Mission Peninsula, including Chateau Grand Traverse, followed by farewell dinner at the Rowe Inn.

Fewer wineries on Sunday since it will be approx. a 45-minute drive from the Traverse City area to the Rowe Inn, and people will likely want to freshen up before dinner.

We are planning on a chartered bus service, yes. We are also hoping to talk a few wineries into including lunch in their tours so that lunches are covered. We are still looking into somehow working in dinners, although we may leave that to just be "do what you want for dinner when we're back in Traverse City", although the welcome and farewell dinners will definitely be included. I also like to book at hotels that include a breakfast of some sort, so that should also already be included in the price. Of course, people would be more than welcome to go wander somewhere to find breakfast, but I would recommend having the hotel-provided stuff

This is not a complaint in any way, but it sounds like the trip is going to cost a bit more than the "hopefully no more than $700" the initial post suggested. I thought that seemed optimistic. We're really looking forward to the trip, and barring some unanticipated calamity, we'll be there.
Our experience on the rpm tour suggests that having everyone in one hotel enhances the experience significantly, but the bus driver will make whatever stops he is contracted to make. However, it would be desirable to encourage everyone to meet at a single location, since extra stops = extra time spent on bus = less time doing what we came here to do.
If you can't set up dinners in the winery areas, how about one in Traverse City, instead of DWYW?

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:This is not a complaint in any way, but it sounds like the trip is going to cost a bit more than the "hopefully no more than $700" the initial post suggested. I thought that seemed optimistic. We're really looking forward to the trip, and barring some unanticipated calamity, we'll be there.
Our experience on the rpm tour suggests that having everyone in one hotel enhances the experience significantly, but the bus driver will make whatever stops he is contracted to make. However, it would be desirable to encourage everyone to meet at a single location, since extra stops = extra time spent on bus = less time doing what we came here to do.
If you can't set up dinners in the winery areas, how about one in Traverse City, instead of DWYW?

Well, keep in mind that when I said $700 per person, it's intent was with people sharing hotel rooms, and thus sharing hotel costs - 2 people per room makes it ~$85 per night. But yeah, still getting prices. We shall see what it all comes out to.

borisgoodenough

quality posts: 4 Private Messages borisgoodenough

I'm really hoping to be able to join in and blog about the tour on the MichWine site. But won't know until later.

It's getting some pretty good buzz already -- I ran into Steve Grossnickle, owner of 45 North, over the weekend and he's excited that Shawn Walters will be hosting the crew there.

A couple of suggestions. Re: lodging, ask some of the local winemakers / owners for ideas. They've got great contacts in the area and may be able to suggest something that costs far less than we might find on our own.

If we're overnighting in Traverse City, dinner one night needs to combine happy hour at urban winery Left Foot Charley with a meal at the nearby Trattoria Stella -- both on the grounds of the repurposed former local insane asylum. The perfect venue for a Woot event...

Joel

ddeuddeg

borisgoodenough wrote:
If we're overnighting in Traverse City, dinner one night needs to combine happy hour at urban winery Left Foot Charley with a meal at the nearby Trattoria Stella -- both on the grounds of the repurposed former local insane asylum. The perfect venue for a Woot event...

Joel

Classic!

crusaderRabbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crusaderRabbit
cheron98 wrote:Hello Wooters!

Have you ever wanted to pick the brain of a respected winemaker? Face to face? Here's your chance!

**snip**

Mid-summer is a beautiful time to visit northern Michigan, and this is shaping up to be an exciting event! Come and join us!!

Perfect!! (!!!) Last year when I was driving Chi - Detroit I kept thinking that I *really* need to do a Mich Winery tour. This is just the cat's meow! Count me in - I'll spend the rent money.

Wine and Sailing: mother nature's conversation with man.

cheron98

crusaderRabbit wrote:Perfect!! (!!!) Last year when I was driving Chi - Detroit I kept thinking that I *really* need to do a Mich Winery tour. This is just the cat's meow! Count me in - I'll spend the rent money.

Excellent!!

sulakdd

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sulakdd
cheron98 wrote:I'm still in discussions with some of the hotels up in the area, but it's looking like we're gonna end up somewhere around $175 per room per night or less. I'm anticipating double occupancy in each room (everyone shares - another 'advantage' to people booking their own rooms is the ability to get your own room if you want it, but that'll raise your own cost). I'd recommend a list of hotels if people want to book their own that are close together so minimal travel is required. The bus would probably be willing to make a couple of stops at various hotels if they're close together to drop people off/pick people up.

Check out Turtle Creek Casino and Hotel in Williamsburg. Was rebuilt and opened last summer. The rooms are the nicest in that area right now and much less than $175/night - comparable to Red Rock in Vegas.

cheron98

sulakdd wrote:Check out Turtle Creek Casino and Hotel in Williamsburg. Was rebuilt and opened last summer. The rooms are the nicest in that area right now and much less than $175/night - comparable to Red Rock in Vegas.

Thanks for the tip - I'll look into that and put out a contact bite. Could be fun staying there!

cheron98

Black Star Farms confirmed as a winery stop, with lunch. This should be an exciting visit - not only is it a winery, but they also have a distillery and a creamery on site. Wine, spirits, and cheese, all in one place!

Met and spoke with the winemaker, Lee Lutes, at a tasting event tonight, and he is totally on board. Awesome guy, amazing amount of knowledge. I think you'll all really love this place!

Oh, and by the way - he makes GOOD reds! So for those of you who were afraid this would be an all-white experience, you can rest assured that there will be some reds in the mix!

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Black Star Farms confirmed as a winery stop, with lunch. This should be an exciting visit - not only is it a winery, but they also have a distillery and a creamery on site. Wine, spirits, and cheese, all in one place!

Met and spoke with the winemaker, Lee Lutes, at a tasting event tonight, and he is totally on board. Awesome guy, amazing amount of knowledge. I think you'll all really love this place!

Oh, and by the way - he makes GOOD reds! So for those of you who were afraid this would be an all-white experience, you can rest assured that there will be some reds in the mix!

Nice job, cat!

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:[url=http://www.blackstarfarms.com/]

Speaking of good reds, my winebid shipment arrived yesterday, including a 1998 Folie à Deux Old Vines Eschen Vineyard Fiddletown Zinfandel, with none other than our own Scott Harvey as winemaker. I may have to pop that one open a couple of weeks from now to share it with my friends.