+ Add a Comment

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

... to you and your kin...

post away folks!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

So, I was a bit overwhelmed last week, both with the volume of the pub, but moreso with the veritable wine.wootoff! Was there any reason given for the 6 offers last week?

cheron98

joelsisk wrote:So, I was a bit overwhelmed last week, both with the volume of the pub, but moreso with the veritable wine.wootoff! Was there any reason given for the 6 offers last week?

WD was feeling plucky?

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
cheron98 wrote:WD was feeling plucky?

obviously... and had some extra vino to move before EOY.

Oh, and Cheron - can you tell me what's wrong with this sentence?

Emergency Woot Text wrote:Thank-you. We will attempt to notify you the next time a wine.woot offer comes up that matches what your selections.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Now that I'm on the Left Coast, I'm actually up for once!!!

~~~ We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Sunday Edition for the week of December 14

Is there a Woot Wine Gathering in your neck of the woods? Come join us! No gathering? No problem! Propose one! We're nice people, and we bring GOOD wine!

Note: Any links take you to page ONE of the thread. Enjoy the read!

December
12/20: NoVA/DC #9: A Break From The Madness Just hangin’ out, relaxin’ under the Wootmas Tree with the homies!
12/28: Chicago #8: Wishing You a Sparkly New Year! The Sparklitariate is invading Chicago! Start posting what you are bringing so Joel can work some culinary magic!

January
1/24: Chicago #9: TMR’s Ultimate WineBid Dinner Party This looks like a crazy good evening! If you haven’t checked the thread lately, you really need to do so.
1/24: NYC #8: Ring in the New Year With The Old Calling all 10+ year old wines…the NYC w.w’ers request your presence at a tasting in your honor in January!
***1/24:NE FL & SE GA #2 The date is tentatively set! Calling all the FL/GA wooters – are you coming???
1/31: NoVA/DC #10 We have a date. Now it’s time to start thinking theme!.
TBD:SoCal #6: The Continuous New Year’s Eve Party The SoCal Wine Wooters want to extend the holidays. Come join them!
TBD: Portland OR #1 Here’s hoping EdTheBedhead can get this gathering coordinated! Post your availability now.

February
2/7: Detroit #4: Sushi Battle …with Sparklies!!!

March
****TBD: NoVA/DC #11 Now taking requests for March dates!

Looking for some helping hands:
TBD: German Goodness in Rockford, IL Subinsignia is planning Teutonic Festivities at the local Rathskeller! Dates are being discussed, so it’s time to start thinking ahead.
****TBD: Central NC Interest Thread Calling all ACC rivals!!! MaskedMarvel is looking to see if there is interest in holding a W.W Gathering of your own!
****May TBD??: Buffalo/WNY #1 ddeuddeg and bahwm are looking for fellow WNY’ers interested in getting together after the spring thaw.

You just missed:
12/13: NYC #7 – Holiday Tasting 20 people. 20 wines.
~~~We now return you to your regularly scheduled Cyber Pub~~~

cheron98

joelsisk wrote:

I blame JW. He set that up. I'll let him fix it. Because I don't feel like pulling it up right now.

cheron98

psst... MW... we're over here now

Cesare

quality posts: 1698 Private Messages Cesare

There's some 97 titus cabs on winebid for $30.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

KryseeMac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KryseeMac

So...two Titus walk into a vineyard and one says.......

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Monday...uuuuggggghhhhhh!!!!!!(not the castle )

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

javadrinker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker

Thanks to MW and MWo for hosting Sparky and me in their lovely home yet once again. Football, wine, and good company make for a most excellent Sunday. Too bad Nallie, C-Fu, and T-byrd couldn't join us.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
javadrinker wrote:Thanks to MW and MWo for hosting Sparky and me in their lovely home yet once again. Football, wine, and good company make for a most excellent Sunday. Too bad Nallie, C-Fu, and T-byrd couldn't join us.

Ditto!!!

And I'm SOOOOO Glad CJ is on the Best Coast time .... I don't have to worry about the PSA .... whew!!

But SOOOOOOOOOO Sad that CJ couldn't make it down!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Now that I'm on the Left Coast, I'm actually up for once!!!

~~~ We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Sunday Edition for the week of December 14

Is there a Woot Wine Gathering in your neck of the woods? Come join us! No gathering? No problem! Propose one! We're nice people, and we bring GOOD wine!

Note: Any links take you to page ONE of the thread. Enjoy the read!

December
12/20: NoVA/DC #9: A Break From The Madness Just hangin’ out, relaxin’ under the Wootmas Tree with the homies!
12/28: Chicago #8: Wishing You a Sparkly New Year! The Sparklitariate is invading Chicago! Start posting what you are bringing so Joel can work some culinary magic!

January
1/24: Chicago #9: TMR’s Ultimate WineBid Dinner Party This looks like a crazy good evening! If you haven’t checked the thread lately, you really need to do so.
1/24: NYC #8: Ring in the New Year With The Old Calling all 10+ year old wines…the NYC w.w’ers request your presence at a tasting in your honor in January!
***1/24:NE FL & SE GA #2 The date is tentatively set! Calling all the FL/GA wooters – are you coming???
1/31: NoVA/DC #10 We have a date. Now it’s time to start thinking theme!.
TBD:SoCal #6: The Continuous New Year’s Eve Party The SoCal Wine Wooters want to extend the holidays. Come join them!
TBD: Portland OR #1 Here’s hoping EdTheBedhead can get this gathering coordinated! Post your availability now.

February
2/7: Detroit #4: Sushi Battle …with Sparklies!!!

March
****TBD: NoVA/DC #11 Don’t mind the typo on the tasting number. We’ll get JW to fix it soon!

Looking for some helping hands:
TBD: German Goodness in Rockford, IL Subinsignia is planning Teutonic Festivities at the local Rathskeller! Dates are being discussed, so it’s time to start thinking ahead.
****TBD: Central NC Interest Thread Calling all ACC rivals!!! MaskedMarvel is looking to see if there is interest in holding a W.W Gathering of your own!
****May TBD??: Buffalo/WNY #1 ddeuddeg and bahwm are looking for fellow WNY’ers interested in getting together after the spring thaw.

You just missed:
12/13: NYC #7 – Holiday Tasting 20 people. 20 wines.
~~~We now return you to your regularly scheduled Cyber Pub~~~

You forgot to post in the Titus wine thread!!! tch, tch, tch.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cjsiege wrote:March
****TBD: NoVA/DC #11 Don’t mind the typo on the tasting number. We’ll get JW to fix it soon!

cheron98 wrote:I blame JW. He set that up. I'll let him fix it. Because I don't feel like pulling it up right now.

Boy! Now I know how Corrado feels.

Edit: Fixed and fixed.

CT | | | | | |

tommythecat78

How can I put this as eloquently as possible...

frak CHICAGO frakking WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...worst drive home from work ever.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cjsiege

MarkDaSpark wrote:You forgot to post in the Titus wine thread!!! tch, tch, tch.

Yeah, well...I'm not normally up at this time of day!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
tommythecat78 wrote:How can I put this as eloquently as possible...

frak CHICAGO frakking WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...worst drive home from work ever.

8 below zero with high winds here in Minnesota. Wind chill is below -30. I'd like to order some global warming, please.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

cjsiege

jwhite6114 wrote:Boy! Now I know how Corrado feels.

Edit: Fixed and fixed.

Changed the field in the ones I can control. Sparky will have to change in the Titus thread.

tommythecat78

coynedj wrote:8 below zero with high winds here in Minnesota. Wind chill is below -30. I'd like to order some global warming, please.

Single digits here with high winds as well. Rendering the salt on the roads absolutely useless.

Edit: And it was 46 degrees 9 hours ago.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Changed the field in the ones I can control. Sparky will have to change in the Titus thread.

You had it as #11 already. What needs to be fixed?

madwine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages madwine
cheron98 wrote:psst... MW... we're over here now

Thanks Luv! Now where were you when I needed you, like last night, when I told Sparky to not worry about helping me clean up. That was a damn fool thing of me to say

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
madwine wrote:Thanks Luv! Now where were you when I needed you, like last night, when I told Sparky to not worry about helping me clean up. That was a damn fool thing of me to say

Um, Sparky's a guy. You say don't worry about helping to clean up and we're not doing it. In fact you've only got about a 17% chance of us helping if you say DO help with the cleanup. Have you been married so long you've forgotten what men live like when a woman is not around to make them clean?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Um, Sparky's a guy. You say don't worry about helping to clean up and we're not doing it. In fact you've only got about a 17% chance of us helping if you say DO help with the cleanup. Have you been married so long you've forgotten what men live like when a woman is not around to make them clean?

What can I say .... I'd been drinking

And, SHHHHHHHH!! Ixnay on the irtyday omehay

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:What can I say .... I'd been drinking

And, SHHHHHHHH!! Ixnay on the irtyday omehay

If I wasn't married I would have a pile for clean clothes, a pile for dirty clothes and a pile for still wearable clothes. I would also have a foot long beard. I'm not very motivated on my own to not be a slob. In fact, true story, my wife would claim that even with her guidance I'm still 42.76% slob.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

madwine wrote:Thanks Luv! Now where were you when I needed you, like last night, when I told Sparky to not worry about helping me clean up. That was a damn fool thing of me to say

And again ..... Thanks to the Hostess with the Mostess!!!

Java and I had lots of fun, and we beat the rain .... So have the boys' towns been flooded yet? Raining hard here.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:If I wasn't married I would have a pile for clean clothes, a pile for dirty clothes and a pile for still wearable clothes. I would also have a foot long beard. I'm not very motivated on my own to not be a slob. In fact, true story, my wife would claim that even with her guidance I'm still 42.76% slob.

Doood, you're giving away all our secrets!!!

At least L has Cheron to fold his clean clothes .....

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

80's today with a light wind

madwine

bhodilee wrote:If I wasn't married I would have a pile for clean clothes, a pile for dirty clothes and a pile for still wearable clothes. I would also have a foot long beard. I'm not very motivated on my own to not be a slob. In fact, true story, my wife would claim that even with her guidance I'm still 42.76% slob.

. . . as Bowtie takes off his socks and throws them in the CLEAN pile. "What?", he says to Mrs. Bowtie, "They're still clean, I didn't sweat today".

tommythecat78

ERMD wrote:80's today with a light wind

Just begging for hate mail?

madwine

MarkDaSpark wrote:

.... So have the boys' towns been flooded yet? Raining hard here.

gonzo! And before we do your wine cellar (THANK YOU VERY MUCH!), We need rain gutters!

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
tommythecat78 wrote:Just begging for hate mail?

Thought I'd share a little sunshine with ya

cjsiege

Dearest ERMD,

Seeing as I'm sitting in 4 inches of snow, with more coming down, and I need to drive over 3 high mountain passes to get back to my testing location, I'd just like to say the following:

You suck!

Fondly,
CJ

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Doood, you're giving away all our secrets!!!

Until he moves back to NY anyway. Harder for me to get to NY than DC

cheron98

hate.

madwine

MarkDaSpark wrote:Doood, you're giving away all our secrets!!!

Bowtie is good at throwing people under the bus. Just ask Jon.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:hate.

nah. i'm comforted by the fact that i can receive wine shipments for a far larger portion of the year than he can. <keep telling self that, keep telling self that, keep telling self that...>

do you know... what biodynamics is?

madwine

cjsiege wrote:Dearest ERMD,

Seeing as I'm sitting in 4 inches of snow, with more coming down, and I need to drive over 3 high mountain passes to get back to my testing location, I'd just like to say the following:

You suck!

Fondly,
CJ

I thought you said you were in CA?

cheron98

Java, Sparky, L, & ddeuddeg &/or bahwm - please go check on the Chicago Old Wine Extravaganza thread

And tommy... you're a punk.

cjsiege

madwine wrote:I thought you said you were in CA?

Back & forth across the NV/CA border in the Tahoe area. Yes, it is snowing on the CA side, too.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

Wow. I was gone for 2 1/2 days and the pub went crazy. I skimmed, so I hope there was nothing earth-shattering I should be aware of.

UBlink wrote:If you've got any wine that's supposed to be really good with pizza there's a pizza place near Cork called Campania the Dallas locatuion) that's supposed to be one of the best BYOB and best pizza places in town. There aren't many good BYOB places in Texas which makes it easy for your wine to just keep accumulating. I haven't tried it yet, but it's in the same vicinity as Cork.

Thank you Blinky! Campania rocks! Great pizza and very reasonably priced. It's only about a block and a half from the wine bar. 3 of us downed 2 bottles of Tøøthstejnn before the real drinking began, then we went on to close Cork Friday night... and again on Sat. *sigh* Good times...

hehe... Blinky I crack me up.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT