mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
fairnymph wrote:Thanks for the info, mopsie. I think the shopping center you mean must be...Southern Village? I haven't been in there yet. Did you find out what time your rehearsal is on 2/21?

Like I said, I have no problem hosting at night, and I'm a night owl anyway, so if we want to do it after the game on the 21st...how long do such things run, usually?



No no, not a real shopping center. Like...a strip mall, maybe smaller. Right at the intersection where 54 splits off.

As for rehearsal...dunno yet, sorry.

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

skizzy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages skizzy

How about eastern NC?
I'm in Greenville, our BB team stinks so no distraction..

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
skizzy wrote:How about eastern NC?
I'm in Greenville, our BB team stinks so no distraction..



Err, isn't that Western NC? Like out towards Asheville, sorta? Not that geography is my strong suit.

mopsie, any word on the rehearsal time?

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
fairnymph wrote:Err, isn't that Western NC? Like out towards Asheville, sorta? Not that geography is my strong suit.

mopsie, any word on the rehearsal time?



Yep, just found out yesterday!

The 21st, I'm busy 12:45-2 p.m. (In CH, so as long as our get-together is local, I should be able to make it be 2:30 or so, maybe 3:00 or later to be safe.)

BTW, anyone wanna split an order of the chocolates?

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

treznor70


quality posts: 1 Private Messages treznor70
fairnymph wrote:Err, isn't that Western NC? Like out towards Asheville, sorta? Not that geography is my strong suit.

mopsie, any word on the rehearsal time?



You're, perhaps, thinking of Greenville, SC which is indeed in western SC. Greenville NC is very much in eastern NC, being home of Eastern Carolina University and all :-)

I'm in the Hickory, NC area so if a Charlotte area tasting is arranged sometime in the future I'd definitely be interested!

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Ahhhh yes I am, thanks Treznor. A shame you can't come up here, but I'd certainly drive down there (never been to Charlotte) for a tasting.

mopsie and others: What do we think about 5 pm on the 21st? Is this something at least 4 of us can make? As said, I can certainly host at house in Chapel Hill.

(If bball is still going, I have a great media set up and DVR, and I can record the game. Just give me the info.)

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
fairnymph wrote:mopsie and others: What do we think about 5 pm on the 21st? Is this something at least 4 of us can make? As said, I can certainly host at house in Chapel Hill.



That would work for me.... Guess we need people to re-discover this thread for more responses. ;)

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

MaskedMarvel


quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Well I wasn't going to suggest this, but since it's been a while...



I bartend every night at a Greensboro restaurant. We have all the glassware and seating we'd need, and for some sort of very nominal fee, I'm sure I can convince the owners to let us have a wine party all to ourselves (closed to general public, our own wine, etc etc). I'm sure they'll want us to buy food or kick a corkage fee or something, but it is central and easy. Let me know if you'd be interested...

I serve Wellingtons, Dry Creek, Pedroncelli, Clos La Chance and some other stuff there regularly, so there are four woot wines already. ;)

8-Damien

dukeusul


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dukeusul

Not sure if I can make the 21st. I seem to recall the Mrs. has something going on that night. Maybe that's the night of her concert.

Bacon salt turned my box black.

noahhock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noahhock
MaskedMarvel wrote:Well I wasn't going to suggest this, but since it's been a while...



I bartend every night at a Greensboro restaurant. We have all the glassware and seating we'd need, and for some sort of very nominal fee, I'm sure I can convince the owners to let us have a wine party all to ourselves (closed to general public, our own wine, etc etc). I'm sure they'll want us to buy food or kick a corkage fee or something, but it is central and easy. Let me know if you'd be interested...

I serve Wellingtons, Dry Creek, Pedroncelli, Clos La Chance and some other stuff there regularly, so there are four woot wines already. ;)

8-Damien





What restaurant MM? This sounds like a great idea to me, but I'm biased since I live in Greensboro. That said, even if a tasting doesn't work out, it sounds like I need to come sit at your bar!

My meager cellar

Wines Wooted: Etude Fortitude, Willamette Valley Vineyards PN, TyC 2005 Field Blend, Roessler PN Trio

bkarney


quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

I've been checking out this thread for a while and depending on when/where I may be able to get up there for it. I have a ton of family still in NC/SC (Elk River, CLT, Davidson, Chap Hill, Greensboro, Rock Hill) and could turn it into a dual purposed trip if all the stars align just right. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what the final time and place is once you all (or more appropriately: y'all) have it worked out.

CT

MaskedMarvel


quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
noahhock wrote:What restaurant MM? This sounds like a great idea to me, but I'm biased since I live in Greensboro. That said, even if a tasting doesn't work out, it sounds like I need to come sit at your bar!



Ganache. I'm there every night we're open (Wed-Sat)... Come say hi!

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
bkarney wrote:...I have a ton of family still in NC/SC (Elk River, CLT, Davidson, Chap Hill, Greensboro, Rock Hill) and could turn it into a duel purposed trip if all the stars align just right.



DUEL purpose trip??? And related to family??? Umm...are you a Capulet or a Montague?

bkarney


quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
cjsiege wrote:DUEL purpose trip??? And related to family??? Umm...are you a Capulet or a Montague?



a, e, whatever gud catch, sloppy type

CT

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

~

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
cjsiege wrote:~



eh?

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

atpifer


quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer

I've been absent from the forums for a while, and conversation has seemed to drop a little...where are we standing now on our get together?

BTW, everyone watch Carolina whoop up on some Blue Devil at 9!

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002

I don't think anything has been decided. :P

We seem to have lost quite a few potential attendees....

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

mopsie2002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002

This is not looking good.... :P

Maybe we should plan one for after b-sphere season?

Edit: AHAHAHAHAHAHA "b-sphere" was referring to basketball. That may have just made my day.

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

dukeusul


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dukeusul

I can't do this weekend. My wife has a concert and I have to watch the little one. I'd try to make something later if I'm in town.

Bacon salt turned my box black.

srisbon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages srisbon

I haven't checked in awhile but I am still interested. Unfortunately, the remaining two weekends in February don't work but I am up for something in March.

atpifer


quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer

Starting this thread up again! Let's get the ball rolling here folks, I know we can do it! I propose a weekend in January, after the holiday stuff has settled down and we're all back in the swing of things.

Okay, I contributed. GO!!!

Druesaft


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Druesaft

I am interested. Live in Charlotte, but open to other locations. Can we link this thing to the main woot so we get some traction?

I can certainly see you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn’t know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret.

bkarney


quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
Druesaft wrote:I am interested. Live in Charlotte, but open to other locations. Can we link this thing to the main woot so we get some traction?



I'm in the area pretty frequently... if critical mass is reached, I can probably grab a cheap flight

CT

atpifer


quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer
Druesaft wrote:I am interested. Live in Charlotte, but open to other locations. Can we link this thing to the main woot so we get some traction?



I'm not opposed to Charlotte, I'm in Greensboro, I think if we get some Raleigh or even more Eastern that may be a rough trip though. We'll see where the interest falls.

Next offering I'll see if I can hijack the thread on the Three-thousaaaaaaaaaand! momentarily

EDIT: f1rstp4ge is a filter, ha!

MaskedMarvel


quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Greensboro here too - lemme know if you'd like to get a party of two started, and then others can trickle on, if they'd like. My house isn't great for hosting.... small...

skitzomike


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skitzomike

I'm in RTP and would definitely be down. Did the one last year ever work out?

-Mike

Wow. I've spent waaay too much money here.

tamcap


quality posts: 3 Private Messages tamcap

Hey, I am in RTP area too. Keep me updated! :-)

MaskedMarvel


quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
skitzomike wrote:I'm in RTP and would definitely be down. Did the one last year ever work out?

-Mike



Never could get it together. Now that Carolina is sucking so badly at basketball, maybe we won't have to tiptoe around their precious schedule.



PS - j/k all you Tarheels ;)

nisajoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nisajoy
MaskedMarvel wrote:Never could get it together. Now that Carolina is sucking so badly at basketball, maybe we won't have to tiptoe around their precious schedule.



PS - j/k all you Tarheels ;)





I am in Greensboro. I would vote for our Gate City

nisajoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nisajoy
nisajoy wrote:I am in Greensboro. I would vote for our Gate City



oh, I can host- provided we are under 20 people or so.

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

I am *definitely* down -I'm in Chapel Hill - and I know 3 other w.wooters in my area, all within 15 or so min of me, whom I could coerce to join us.

I can host, as well, if people don't mind taking their shoes off cause I'm OCD like that.

I am in Australia until Jan 4th, so anytime after that works for me, though I'd prefer NOT the first weekend I'm back since I might still be settling back in.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

nisajoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nisajoy
fairnymph wrote:I am *definitely* down -I'm in Chapel Hill - and I know 3 other w.wooters in my area, all within 15 or so min of me, whom I could coerce to join us.

I can host, as well, if people don't mind taking their shoes off cause I'm OCD like that.

I am in Australia until Jan 4th, so anytime after that works for me, though I'd prefer NOT the first weekend I'm back since I might still be settling back in.



what part of Australia? I have been to Brisbane- had no time to go to wineries as I was working :-( . I hope that you're having a little fun if you're there over the holidays. I would be happy to drive to the Hill. My quasi step dadughter is in school there and I go to see her at least twice a month.

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
nisajoy wrote:what part of Australia? I have been to Brisbane- had no time to go to wineries as I was working :-( . I hope that you're having a little fun if you're there over the holidays. I would be happy to drive to the Hill. My quasi step dadughter is in school there and I go to see her at least twice a month.



Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney - and also up to Newcastle later. That's it this trip, though I have been to Australia many times and various other parts on former trips. Most of my family's here so I'm always on holiday when I'm here, luckily!

YAY for more folks coming to my area for wine. :D

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

vinokeeno


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vinokeeno
fairnymph wrote:Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney...
YAY for more folks coming to my area for wine. :D



I'm in Raleigh here. I've been avoiding wine.woot lately since I was laid off a few months ago. But I still spend way too much on wine though. Then again, scheduling isn't much of a problem. I have all kinds of time on my hands.

FN: if you make it to McLaren Vale, try to visit Thorpe Wines. Their 2004 Reserve Cab may very well be the best CS I have ever tasted. I found it at a blind cab tasting at Fowler's where it beat Silver Oak, Mondavi Reserve, Latour and Ferrari Carano... at 1/4 the price. I have one bottle left and if this thing goes off, I promise to bring it along.

My Cellar - "This wine is too good for toast-drinking, my dear. You don't want to mix emotions up with a wine like that. You lose the taste." Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises

nisajoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nisajoy
vinokeeno wrote:I'm in Raleigh here. I've been avoiding wine.woot lately since I was laid off a few months ago. But I still spend way too much on wine though. Then again, scheduling isn't much of a problem. I have all kinds of time on my hands.

FN: if you make it to McLaren Vale, try to visit Thorpe Wines. Their 2004 Reserve Cab may very well be the best CS I have ever tasted. I found it at a blind cab tasting at Fowler's where it beat Silver Oak, Mondavi Reserve, Latour and Ferrari Carano... at 1/4 the price. I have one bottle left and if this thing goes off, I promise to bring it along.



Shall we pick a date and then a location or a location and then a date?

inkwench


quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench
fairnymph wrote:I am *definitely* down -I'm in Chapel Hill - and I know 3 other w.wooters in my area, all within 15 or so min of me, whom I could coerce to join us.

I can host, as well, if people don't mind taking their shoes off cause I'm OCD like that.



I'm all the way up in Durham, but can definitely make it to Chappy or probably Mebane. [g]

I'd throw my hat in for hosting, too, but a: I live in a small bungalow which probably can't handle that many folk. b: I'm an unrepentant smoker. Yes, I know it is bad for you--thank you for your concern. I own my house, so I refuse not to smoke inside it. [g]

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
vinokeeno wrote:I'm in Raleigh here. I've been avoiding wine.woot lately since I was laid off a few months ago. But I still spend way too much on wine though. Then again, scheduling isn't much of a problem. I have all kinds of time on my hands.

FN: if you make it to McLaren Vale, try to visit Thorpe Wines. Their 2004 Reserve Cab may very well be the best CS I have ever tasted. I found it at a blind cab tasting at Fowler's where it beat Silver Oak, Mondavi Reserve, Latour and Ferrari Carano... at 1/4 the price. I have one bottle left and if this thing goes off, I promise to bring it along.



Damn, I didn't make it to Thorpe! But I'll look out for it here.

We could do Durham if that's more central for more people, which seems to be the case, if anyone in Durham wants to host? If no one in Durham wants to host....as always I'm happy to host in CH, though my house is a bit hard to find.

What do people think about the 2nd, 3rd and 4th weekends of January? Anyone have any preferences or conflicts?

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
inkwench wrote:I'm all the way up in Durham, but can definitely make it to Chappy or probably Mebane. [g]

I'd throw my hat in for hosting, too, but a: I live in a small bungalow which probably can't handle that many folk. b: I'm an unrepentant smoker. Yes, I know it is bad for you--thank you for your concern. I own my house, so I refuse not to smoke inside it. [g]



I am unfortunately very sensitive to cig smoke, so I would not be able to attend this. I appreciate your honesty! And it being your own house, you are definitely allowed to do whatever you like in it, IMO.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

nisajoy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nisajoy

Let's pick a date.Say January 16th? I can host if Greensboro is ok. If not, I am able to drive to Chapel Hill or Durham.