zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1616 Private Messages Cesare

Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic - Gift Week
$34.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Aged 7 Years
product: 1 250ml Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic

Blog and forum from the original offering (which sold out, qty 700).

Producer's website. (In Italian)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mlhelm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mlhelm

Dang! I was hoping for first sucker on this one. Oh well, at least I got my name in lights.

First sucker: filteauf
Speed to first woot: 0m 10.593s

Last wooter to woot: mlhelm

more than enough wine.woots!

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
babalooo wrote:interesting....any good?

Short answer, yes it is. When it was first up I purchased 3 with the intent of giving two as christmas gifts. I still have the two to give as christmas gifts; however, I am contemplating exchanging the one vinegar with another item so I can keep another one to myself.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

Based on the comments the last time this was offered, it really is worth the price.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

filteauf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filteauf
mlhelm wrote:Dang! I was hoping for first sucker on this one. Oh well, at least I got my name in lights.

Last wooter to woot: mlhelm

Sorry, thought I took longer than that deciding if I could think of anybody to whom I could gift a bottle.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Definitely in this go-around, just trying to figure out if I need 2 or 3. Missed it the last time & been kicking myself ever since!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

UncleFroG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UncleFroG

Guess I'm in for one... too tempting to pass...

12 Bags of Crap and counting!

Cesare

quality posts: 1616 Private Messages Cesare
Corrado wrote:Definitely in this go-around, just trying to figure out if I need 2 or 3. Missed it the last time & been kicking myself ever since!

Ah, you're around. Yeah this is great stuff. A little goes a long way so I still have 3/4 of a bottle left.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb

I still have some of the bottle I bought last time around. It is worth it, if you've never had real aged balsamic, you are in for a real treat.

I put mine on ice cream!

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy

Grabbed 3 bottles. My first wine woot! I can't get the good stuff delivered in MA.

evrything4fun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evrything4fun

I wonder if there is any chance that the next offering will be a really nice trio of flavored oils... The two together would be great in a gift basket!

Actively searching for a wine.wooter annonymous meeting

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
paryb wrote:I still have some of the bottle I bought last time around. It is worth it, if you've never had real aged balsamic, you are in for a real treat.

I put mine on ice cream!

My favorite is to drizzle it on parmigiano reggiano and eat as is. I love this stuff, and still have over 1/2 a bottle and a full bottle in the box.

saxwizerd45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45

Mom's xmas present? Check. In for two.

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Oh yayyyyy! Only 1/2 way through my 1st bottle but must have more!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

If I remember correctly, during the rpm tour we had the heirloom tomato salad with the house-made mozzarella at Tra Vigne and the flavors in the balsamic were out of this world! WD, thanks for adding the quote and the perspective. Now, to decide: how many to get?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

conroo wrote:Based on the comments the last time this was offered, it really is worth the price.

Say what you will about the 'value' of $35/bottle BV, but as far as I can tell, it's about half the cost of the only other place I could find it online. ShopWiki found it for $75/bottle (but that does include shipping). Same 250ml bottle size (double checked).

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

meredithsg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meredithsg

I found this for $75 on one website, which makes this really worth it in my opinion

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Cesare wrote:Ah, you're around. Yeah this is great stuff. A little goes a long way so I still have 3/4 of a bottle left.

You're not kidding. I've been using it what I consider to be fairly liberally and it just keeps going. 'Course I'll probably try using it tomorrow or something and discover I'm finally all out and start kicking myself for not buying more.

it's definitely worth the price, I just can't afford it right now. Not and have a prayer at buying the other stuff I both know and hope is coming up

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

evrything4fun wrote:I wonder if there is any chance that the next offering will be a really nice trio of flavored oils... The two together would be great in a gift basket!

Trio... or maybe a 6-pack! 5 oils + 1 vinegar thing!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Cesare wrote:Ah, you're around. Yeah this is great stuff. A little goes a long way so I still have 3/4 of a bottle left.

So you're saying I should get one for me and one for mom for Xmas, right?

PS. You wanna go in on splitting a case of TyC wines at the sale? It's getting very hard to resist.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

CasaDeCase

quality posts: 14 Private Messages CasaDeCase

Hi All
This is Howard Case and I am the president of Casa de Case, the importer of Cavedoni Balsamic Vinegars. We are a small, very specialized Italian food importer in San Francisco. We focus on wholesale sales to the best restaurants in the Bay Area, but we also supply products to specialty stores, and as some of you know, this is the second time we have hooked-up with Wine.woot to offer Botte Piccola, this time just in time for your Holiday giving. We are extremely proud to represent Cavedoni, and I will check in here from time-to-time to answer any of your questions.

My opening comment, is that the offering here is an extraordinary value as some of you have already discovered surfing around.

Daystar

HitAnyKey42 wrote:PS. You wanna go in on splitting a case of TyC wines at the sale? It's getting very hard to resist.

What is this TyC sale you speak of? I assume that means Ty Canton.

cheron98

CasaDeCase wrote:Hi All

Welcome back! Glad to see you here again - love this stuff

cheron98

Daystar wrote:What is this TyC sale you speak of? I assume that means Ty Canton.

go pub.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:go pub.

Yeah, what she said.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

taaliza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taaliza

Just what I needed for my mother in law! Thanks WD - one for me (of course!) and one for her. While my bank is not loving this week on w.w. - I surely am...2/4

Daystar

cheron98 wrote:go pub.

Ovaltina, my goat. Thanks much. This is great.

Maybe I need to visit the pub more. Not enough time in the day.

kmeyersvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmeyersvt
conroo wrote:Based on the comments the last time this was offered, it really is worth the price.

I was lucky enough to get labratted last time it was up. It was excellent and worth the money as it was as good or better than some I've had that was twice the price. It was summer when it arrived, so we had it on strawberries and vanilla ice cream (I know, sounds weird, try it!) and also on bruschetta.

It is thicker and sweeter than regular balsamic so it has a sweet and sour flavor that you don't get in un-aged balsamic.

If you give this for the holidays, your recipients will thank you!

Insert witty saying here.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

I am so very tempted. The real Balsamic is light years from the norm.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Very tempted to spend da bread and go in for 3--one for Mom, one for Dad and stepmom, and one for moi because even though I still have a lot left I want more! :D BTW this is sublime on fresh stone fruit or ripe pears, cut up, as well as drizzled on aforementioned hard cheese.

kiltedtxn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiltedtxn

Give me a 30 year old & I will buy it. I can get better 12-15 year old BV for cheaper at my grocer.

henw2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages henw2000

Can this be purchased for someone under the age of 21? It's not really wine.

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219

Sucked in for 2, 1 for me and 1 for my sis. Though I really wish we could get the zinfandel vinegar that we had at Seghesio on the rpm tour. Best vinegar I have ever had. But they don't even sell it commercially, just use it for catering.

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

Last wooter to woot: tkastorff

Missed this one last time, in for 3 this time, at least one as a gift, maybe two. Glad to see this available again! Thanks WD

and when are the EHP shipping out? man I want to try one....

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

dncmilch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dncmilch

I can't wait to try this. As I'm a noob in the world of aged balsamic, any other recommendations on good pairings? I've already seen caprese, bruschetta, reggiano (sounds amazing!), strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Anything else jump to mind? How is it in cooking?

Anyway, I'm in for one.

jtm7v

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtm7v
dncmilch wrote:I can't wait to try this. As I'm a noob in the world of aged balsamic, any other recommendations on good pairings? I've already seen caprese, bruschetta, reggiano (sounds amazing!), strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Anything else jump to mind? How is it in cooking?

Anyway, I'm in for one.

I'm in the same boat. I've never had it but could'nt say no after seeing how much everyone loves it. I can't wait to see what the favorites are...

mlhelm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mlhelm

Let me ask a quick question that I know I'll have once this arrives at my house. Once opened, how do you store the pour spout? Do you rinse it off and put it back in the box, replacing the original cap on the bottle? Leave it in the bottle permanently and just cover with plastic wrap or something for storage? I'm assuming it doesn't come with instructions, and it would just be my luck that I would ruin this fine specimen of vinegar.

more than enough wine.woots!

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
CasaDeCase wrote:
Hi All
This is Howard Case and I am the president of Casa de Case, the importer of Cavedoni Balsamic Vinegars.

Welcome back! We have been really enjoying the balsamic from our earlier purchase.

Anyone on the fence, this sold out early last time around so don't wait and and miss this great deal. This balsamic and farmers' market berries helped to finally convince my wife that she didn't hate strawberries, she just hated over-produced tasteless mass-market strawberries...

cheron98

henw2000 wrote:Can this be purchased for someone under the age of 21? It's not really wine.

Yes. the only time the age thing comes into play is when there's alcohol involved. No alcohol = no age limit.