Due to the nature of this tasting (bottle size, seating & holiday considerations), attendance is limited to 20 participants.
As you'll note, we've increased the limit due to overwhelming interest. To this effect, we're suggesting that everyone try to bring two 375's or one 750ml bottle of their selection. If you are only able to bring one 375 of the bottle of your choosing that's OK too. We'll make due.
Some wooters have already expressed interest in this tasting and have been put on the list.
If you are not on the list and would like to attend please sign up for the waiting list.
If someone drops out of the tasting their seat will be offered to the next wooter based on time/date stamp of their post expressing interest in attending.
THEME: The Diabetic's Dilemma-The NYC Holiday Tasting~
Please bring your favorite dessert wine.
We should include a Sauternes, Port, a lighter Flor Sherry ( a Flor, a Manzanilla, a Amontillado??) A Olorso Sherry, a PX Sherry, Tokaj, Champagne, Madeira, Mus cat, (perhaps NYS/Canadian?) Ice Wine, Beerenauslese, Trokenbeerennauslese, etc. and a classic food pairing for your selection.
HOSTS: Krugsters & Shamer
LOCATION: Upper West Side
TIME: 4:00 PM (Arrive between 3 & 3:30, as first pour will start PROMPTLY at 4 whether you are there or not)
ATTENDEES LIST (so far):
1. Krugsters - 2005 Château Doisy-Védrines 750ml (Gary's #1 pick) paired with seared fois gras.
2. Shamer - 2000 Château Henye Tokaji Aszú 6 Puttonyos 500ml paired with Creme Brulee.
3. HAK - 2000 Hetszolo Tokaji Aszú 3 Puttonyos 500ml and hopefully some Roquefort cheese
4. Speedoo - 2003 Chateau Souverain Syrah Port 750ml
5. fdiaz - 2005 Domaine des Baumard Coteaux du Layon Clos de Sainte Catherine 750ml
6. afranke - 2006 Scagliola Moscato d'Asti Primo Bacio 750ml
7. dsapp - '02 Four Vines Zin Port 375ml from Paso Robles and Carlsbad Oblaten Dessert Wafers (chocolate and vanilla, for wine and liqueurs)
8. wife of dsapp - '05 Mike Weir Estate Winery Vidal Icewine 375ml from Canada and a flourless chocolate cake
9. Cesare - 2005 Quady Winery Black Muscat Elysium 375ml & 2006 Quady Winery Black Muscat Elysium 375ml
10. Kttest - N.V. Ramos Pinto Porto White Port 750ml and cream puffs and assorted homemade cookies
11. RPM - Penfolds Late Harvest Riesling
12. wife of RPM - Quady 1980 or 1981 Orange Muscat
13. threemoons - N.V. KEO St. John (Cyprus, Commandaria) 750ml
14. canonizer - 2005 Weingut Josef Leitz Rüdesheimer Berg Rottland Riesling Auslese 500ml & 2004 De Bortoli Noble One Botrytis Sémillon 375ml
15. loweeel - 2006 Lake Anna Winery Vidal Blanc Essensual ice-wine (10.5% RS) 375ml
16. iByron - 2000 Maydie (Tannat from the Sud-Ouest) 750ml
17. synchrodan - 2004 Bodegas Olivares Jumilla Dulce Monastrell 500ml and an Israeli Muscat
18. gf of synchrodan - 2003 Leonard Kreusch Riesling Beerenauslese 375ml and a Baked Brie containing walnuts and dates and a pecan pie
19. gf of fdiaz - a Flor Sherry (Fino or Manzanilla Fino) or an Oloroso sherry
20. bmckenna - N.V. Alvear Montilla-Moriles Solera 1927 375ml (x2)
- ThatGuy & ThatGirl
- Gary V
1. $10 Door Prize-750ml bottle 1999 Chateau D'Yquem
2. a $5 Secret Santa/Hanukkah Sack/Kwanzaa wrapped gift
3. Please bring one plate per person attending to pair with your selection
In a Romance.Woot with cheron98