timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd

Due to a time-travel conflict, I will be a couple hundred years away from Vegas on the 15th. But I just noticed that Halloween is on a Friday back in 2008 which means that Dia De Los Muertos and Samhain are on a Saturday! What better time to break out the Poizin?

(Yes, I understand that I'm making #5 happen before #4 - that's one of the perils of time travel.)

-- T

Samhain / Dia De Los Muertos Party!
Saturday, November 1st 2008
6:30pm until ???

I figure with Halloween on a Friday, the day after should be a party!

The crowd will likely be the usual mix of massage therapists, actors, musicians, dancers and engineers... "Party pieces" encouraged. Feel free to bring a musical instrument (piano and harp already here) or a fascinating friend.

I'll be making some food - I'll have lots of wine, a bit of absinthe, and there just might be brownies - though I'm always happy to accept offerings of food, flowers or poetry.

pm for directions

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Hey t-byrd, you DO realize that the 1st is technically Dia De Los Santos. Which is not the same amount of fun. But maybe someone will have an Antidote to match to the PoiZin! Have fun! -CJ

timbyrd

Not according to wikipedia. But if you think that page is in error, I encourage you to correct the entry.

-- T

My cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

mmmmm .... Massage therapists.

Tempting. You would have to have it the same weekend as the Temecula tasting special.

Have to get out the Magic 8 ball .......

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Timbyrd...pm me your address por favor!

WF

MarkDaSpark

winefarm wrote:Timbyrd...pm me your address por favor!

WF

If you don't hear from him, let me know, and I will PM you his address.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Dudes!! Did anyone get an address to WD?
He's at a basketball game tonight and I didn't get a chance to ask him....pls email him or pm me!

Gracias!

MarkDaSpark

winefarm wrote:Dudes!! Did anyone get an address to WD?
He's at a basketball game tonight and I didn't get a chance to ask him....pls email him or pm me!

Gracias!

Done did both. Need to drop off some Antidote for him too. I sent my address as well, since I don't have his work address, only his home address (all Java & I need, since that's where the wine is ).

timbyrd

Sorry - wasn't paying attention. (I'm up late tonight making fudge, since I won't have time tomorrow night - I've been invited to a Harry Potter themed Halloween party!)

Anyway, I will answer any PMs for directions on Friday - perhaps late in the evening, but I will.

-- T

My cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
cjsiege wrote:Hey t-byrd, you DO realize that the 1st is technically Dia De Los Santos. Which is not the same amount of fun. But maybe someone will have an Antidote to match to the PoiZin! Have fun! -CJ

Actually, Día de los Muertos is celebrated over a three or four day period in Mexico. The 1st is Día de los Santos, but it seems like they all meld together. Have fun!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cjsiege

Have a great time tonight! Please post details...including the blackberry-fudge experiment info!

timbyrd

cjsiege wrote:Have a great time tonight! Please post details...including the blackberry-fudge experiment info!

It's a bit after 10am here. I'm alive.

We were a pretty moderate group. I don't think there are more than a dozen empty wine.woot-related bottles downstairs. (Through there was beer and absinthe being consumed, as well.)

Where was I talking about the berries? Anyway, the milk chocolate fudge with fresh blackberries worked out pretty well. Next time, however, after embedding the berries, I will put the pan in the fridge - not the freezer - to set. I think the berries will stay firmer that way.

-- T

My cellar

cjsiege

timbyrd wrote:Where was I talking about the berries? Anyway, the milk chocolate fudge with fresh blackberries worked out pretty well. Next time, however, after embedding the berries, I will put the pan in the fridge - not the freezer - to set. I think the berries will stay firmer that way.

-- T

Hmm...very interesting. How did you keep the density of the fudge from crushing the berries when you folded them in? I think you were talking about the fudge over on the Cyber-pub.