cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Weird foods! Yes! On the menu, some of the strange and exotic foods that we Americans don't typically eat on a daily basis. Alligator, snake, rabbit, ostrich, bison, kangaroo... And the wines to go with them!

Oh yeah, and the PSU/Mich game will be on. For those of you who like that sort of thing

DETAILS:
THEME: Weird/Exotic Foods
DATE: 10/18
HOST: cheron98 (pm for location/directions)

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):

1. cheron98
    - 2006 Castello di Amorosa Gewürztraminer
    - SakéOne Organic Nigori
    - 2004 Kent Rasmussen Tinto Cão Esoterica
    -2003 Mandolina Toccata Classico
    - burmese python
    - kangaroo
    - unagi
    - sake brownies
  2. tommythecat78
    - 1/2 rattlesnake
    - 2007 V. Sattui Dry Reisling
    -2005 Vampire Vineyards Château du Vampire
  3. oppsie +1
    - rabbit stew
    - 2005 Iron Horse Vineyards Cabernet Franc T Bar T Vineyard
    - sake
  4. cyborgdo11
    - alligator
  5. Zoomba77
    - 1/2 rattlesnake
    - 2005 Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn
  6. The Setup
  7. Polaseks
    - sushi

REGRETS:
  1. carielf +1
  2. lizziemae7
  3. conroo
  4. the old man
  5. Everyone who misses this one!

Reminders for exchanges:
  • tommy is bringing Ursa PS for oppsie, Turley Hayne PS for cheron, and the gewurtz for cheron
  • cheron is selling all her chards to tommy, and has two Toothstejnns for tommy to bring back for TMR
  • oppsie is bringing 2 Bogle Phantoms for cheron, who still owes her money for it, and a Polyphemus for Zommba77
  • cheron's cellar will be kind of open for people to purchase items if they so desire. Except the Corisons. They are not for sale. Nor is any of the PS.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
cheron98 wrote:Alrighty. I had another brilliant idea for the next tasting. Kind of more centered on the food than the wine, but you can blame tommythecat for the idea. Sort of. He inspired it. We'll put it that way.

Weird foods! Yes! On the menu, some of the strange and exotic foods that we Americans don't typically eat on a daily basis. Alligator, snake, rabbit, ostrich, bison, kangaroo... And the wines to go with them!

Now we just need a date. Which means I'm gonna start kicking you all again to figure it out The second weekends of Oct and Nov are out as I'm doing the DC and Vegas things then. The rest of September is also out as my weekends are now committed to working at the Ren Faire (come visit!) So start talking dates! Or at least months...

Last two weekends of October are no good for me. Wedding and Halloween respectively.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Last two weekends of October are no good for me. Wedding and Halloween respectively.

No problem... just remembered I've got a prior commitment on 10/25, too. So 10/4, 10/18, 11/8, 11/29, 12/6 for options?

Wait, by last two weekends, do you mean 10/18 and 10/25, or 10/25 and 11/1?

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:No problem... just remembered I've got a prior commitment on 10/25, too. So 10/4, 10/18, 11/8, 11/29, 12/6 for options?

Wait, by last two weekends, do you mean 10/18 and 10/25, or 10/25 and 11/1?

10/25 and 11/1. Ooops...I just glanced at the calendar quickly and saw 31 at the bottom right, but didn't look close enough to see it was Friday.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:10/25 and 11/1. Ooops...I just glanced at the calendar quickly and saw 31 at the bottom right, but didn't look close enough to see it was Friday.

So is that whole weekend out for you, or is there still a possibility that 11/1 could be OK? Cuz, y'know, that'd be kinda cool. Halloween, weird foods, fangs...

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:So is that whole weekend out for you, or is there still a possibility that 11/1 could be OK? Cuz, y'know, that'd be kinda cool. Halloween, weird foods, fangs...

That is going to be one of those weekends that I won't know until a day or two beforehand. Tradition for me is to throw the "Last Halloween Party of the Year" the Saturday after Halloween. Since I don't have my own house now I will have to wait and see if someone else is going to host. Unfortunately with my friends the decision to host could come on Friday.

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:That is going to be one of those weekends that I won't know until a day or two beforehand. Tradition for me is to throw the "Last Halloween Party of the Year" the Saturday after Halloween. Since I don't have my own house now I will have to wait and see if someone else is going to host. Unfortunately with my friends the decision to host could come on Friday.

Bah. Then we'll just not put that date in the running. See how accommodating I am?

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Bah. Then we'll just not put that date in the running. See how accommodating I am?

Holy Crap... a compass.

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Holy Crap... a compass.

You suck

Zoomba77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zoomba77

11/29 is no good... That's the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

10/4 or 11/8 work best for me.

cyborgdo11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyborgdo11

10/18 after 2pm
or some time in November

lizziemae7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizziemae7

Hmm... well as usual my grad school stuff really leaves it up in the air...
beyond that I also have...
10/4- My nephew's 1st bday party, 11/29- thanksgiving, and 12/6- John and I's one year anniversary which we are working on planning ....

So that means 10/18 and 11/8 work best for me. Hope that helps!

cheron98

Zoomba77 wrote:11/29 is no good... That's the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

10/4 or 11/8 work best for me.

Oh oops! that's why I excluded 11/22 - sorry, I'll swap that out Can I mark you as "OK" for 11/22?

Zoomba77

cheron98 wrote:Oh oops! that's why I excluded 11/22 - sorry, I'll swap that out Can I mark you as "OK" for 11/22?

Probably not, I'll likely be out of town that entire span.

cheron98

Zoomba77 wrote:Probably not, I'll likely be out of town that entire span.

No problem Looks like we're already leaning towards 11/8... if the others all decide to actually pop in over here and speak up, we'll see how it goes

cyborgdo11

cheron98 wrote:No problem Looks like we're already leaning towards 11/8... if the others all decide to actually pop in over here and speak up, we'll see how it goes

11/8 looks good for me.

cheron98

Ack. Hey guys, I'm dumb. Just double checked my calendar last night and realized I already have plans on 11/8. So y'all can still get together without me somewhere if you want, or we can pick a different date

Sorry!

cheron98

Oh here we go again. Sending out the emails...

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Oh here we go again. Sending out the emails...

I'm keeping up to date.

carielf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carielf

Joe and I are available in Ocbtober except for the first Saturday and the 25th. November is still open, apart from Thanksgiving weekend. Will there be 'normal' food as a backup for picky people? I can volunteer to bring some.

cheron98

carielf wrote:Joe and I are available in Ocbtober except for the first Saturday and the 25th. November is still open, apart from Thanksgiving weekend. Will there be 'normal' food as a backup for picky people? I can volunteer to bring some.

Sure, if you want to bring anything, feel free The weird food thing might not stick, depending on cost prohibitions... the snake, unfortunately, is already out. I'm not paying $66 for a rattlesnake, as intriguing as it sounds.

Zoomba77

Looks like 10/18 is the next best day.

cyborgdo11

Zoomba77 wrote:Looks like 10/18 is the next best day.

I second that. 10/18 looks good

cheron98

Sounds like a good option then. Updating the initial post

lizziemae7

Sounds like a plan-- did you want us to sign up for one or two exotic foods each? Granted rattlesnake is pricey but if we each say what random meat or dish we can bring that would help.... yeah/nope?

cheron98

lizziemae7 wrote:Sounds like a plan-- did you want us to sign up for one or two exotic foods each? Granted rattlesnake is pricey but if we each say what random meat or dish we can bring that would help.... yeah/nope?

That would help a LOT. I know Hiller's sells weird stuff in their "game locker", if you can't find it in any other store. There's also an online store I need to check and see about getting stuff delivered. If we go the online site route, if someone wants to help pitch in on that one, you're welcome to.

You can also group up and get that snake

Zoomba77

I'm good for the 18th it looks like

cheron98

Zoomba77 wrote:I'm good for the 18th it looks like

Noted

cheron98

So who wants to bring what?

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:So who wants to bring what?

Would it be possible for you to pick something up for me and I pay you when I get there? Not much in the way of weird food by me.

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Would it be possible for you to pick something up for me and I pay you when I get there? Not much in the way of weird food by me.

Yeah I can do that. How about you buy the snake?

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Yeah I can do that. How about you buy the snake?

I'll split the snake with someone. I am totally down for some snake.

Zoomba77

How much does the snake cost? I can probably split the cost with you.

cheron98

Zoomba77 wrote:How much does the snake cost? I can probably split the cost with you.

$66. For a whole rattlesnake. like 3lbs of snake. If you two both want in, I'll take a third so it'd be $22 each.

And, like, I'm totally shocked... you checked the thread without me having to kick you in the email

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:$66. For a whole rattlesnake. like 3lbs of snake. If you two both want in, I'll take a third so it'd be $22 each.

And, like, I'm totally shocked... you checked the thread without me having to kick you in the email

Sold on the snake!!

Zoomba77

cheron98 wrote:$66. For a whole rattlesnake. like 3lbs of snake. If you two both want in, I'll take a third so it'd be $22 each.

I was bored this morning and decided to skim some forums

cheron98

Zoomba77 wrote:I was bored this morning and decided to skim some forums

*GASP* *SHOCK* Hm, I think I have room in the freezer for the snake... probably go out and buy it soon just so no one else gets it. Tee hee. Snake! If I knew like fer sure that I could get the recent Gewurtz from TMR for this, I'd say that would probably go. But instead, I'm slotting the SB Semillon for it.

Wait. Tommy's coming. Duh. Get my Gewurtz from TMR and bring it.

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:*GASP* *SHOCK* Hm, I think I have room in the freezer for the snake... probably go out and buy it soon just so no one else gets it. Tee hee. Snake! If I knew like fer sure that I could get the recent Gewurtz from TMR for this, I'd say that would probably go. But instead, I'm slotting the SB Semillon for it.

Wait. Tommy's coming. Duh. Get my Gewurtz from TMR and bring it.

I will!!

lizziemae7

John (i.e. the old man) and I will go in together for something... not sure what yet, but we'll take a look at some options and let you know.

Hmm... Tommy, you do tattooing, right? Cause I've been wanting to get my first ink...

cheron98

lizziemae7 wrote:John (i.e. the old man) and I will go in together for something... not sure what yet, but we'll take a look at some options and let you know.

Hmm... Tommy, you do tattooing, right? Cause I've been wanting to get my first ink...

He's a piercer, actually. Though he could tattoo you a simple cross or a T or a stick figure Though he could probably be of assistance in helping you decide what to do and how and where.