Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
ursamakers wrote:unfortunately we're not there yet. sometimes our united states don't feel so united.

It's ok. Mass doesn't deserve your delicious PS.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Loweeel wrote:It's ok. Mass doesn't deserve your delicious PS.

uhm, for those of you who don't know my brother from a different mother, it's a Yankees - Red Sux thing (as he would put it). and that IS personal. peace.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

joeliquor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeliquor

I'm on the fence. Many bills to pay in the near future (Cubs playoff tix, Vietnam trip, etc.) and a pretty full wine fridge.

I need some convincing.

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Rats?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
joeliquor wrote:I'm on the fence. Many bills to pay in the near future (Cubs playoff tix, Vietnam trip, etc.) and a pretty full wine fridge.

I need some convincing.

You're going to Vietnam? *jealous* Best food ever

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Daystar wrote:Rats?

Since Monday was a holiday, the labrat shipments didn't go out until yesterday, so Labrat deliveries are TODAY!!!

Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

Edit: and I'm in SoCal, so delivery should be soon, but tasting will be later. But will be decanting this puppy so my minions (Java & TByrd) can enjoy.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd
Daystar wrote:Rats?

With the holiday delay, the lab rat packages should be arriving today. The plan is for Sparky, Java & I to have a tasting tonight. MDS will be posting in real time.

JOATMON wrote:Until somebody proves different, 100%.

I've also had a Barbeito 1950 Terrantez Faja dos Padres madeira, which I'm calling 100%

I'm just getting started with madeira, and I'm pretty sure what I've been drinking is a bual-malmsey blend, so it doesn't count. Do you notice a big difference between the 5-10-15 year blends ?

Since I only recently started the clock for wine century club, my count is just two varietals: Merlot and Zin, with the PS tonight making three. (And then I'll have to try a Cab sometime - it's kinda like regrowing my virginity, don't'cha know.)

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

tonythib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythib

After a long break ... I could not pass up a good PS ..

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 5.390s

Last wooter to woot: tonythib

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
Winedavid39 wrote:But hey check this out, Amy from Amy's nuts has already chimed in on the side deal. My brother (behind the scene guy George) turned me on to this granola and man, it is just other worldly good. Think artisan granola, best ingrediants possible. I ate most of it out right out of the bag.

Which flavor was your favorite?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
themostrighteous wrote:in the interest of full disclosure, i believe that this is best characterized as an ongoing debate in the wineaux community, ie some folks believe this to be the case & some do not. but i would yield the floor to Loweeel who has done a lot of research on this subject matter. FWIW, we had an 18 year-old Thackrey Sirius PS 10 days ago that was a real beauty, but that merely constitutes anecdotal evidence.

I'm slooowly reading this thread, so this may have already been commented on by someone else from that o'bodacious of PSarties....but wanted to state that the 18 yr-old Thackrey we had not only had held up quite nicely over all that time, but it was still a very powerful wine, full of tannins and flavor and all that jazz. So I can also attest to PS's lasting quite awhile.

But also that it certainly also depends on where it comes from. We also had two 98's that night (Cheron's Turley and my Stags' Leap). The Stags', although still quite tasty and yummy certainly was no comparison in strength of character to the Turley.

Not sure if anything I just typed made any sense, but I felt like saying it anyway.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

anyhints for tomorrow?

wine? not wine? can it fit in a breadbox?

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

HitAnyKey42

So I think I've just made my decision. If we win our games tonight for the first round of beach volleyball playoffs, I'll buy a set of this tonight. If we lose, I won't buy any. If it sells out...well DUH, I won't buy any.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

lasklinz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lasklinz

Am I 1st?

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 5.390s

Last wooter to woot: lasklinz

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
timbyrd wrote:I'm just getting started with madeira, and I'm pretty sure what I've been drinking is a bual-malmsey blend, so it doesn't count. Do you notice a big difference between the 5-10-15 year blends ?

-- T

Hmm. I have some Henriques & Henriques 15 year Bual, Malmsey, Verdelho, and Sercial that I haven't gotten around to trying out yet. Henriques & Henriques 5 year, on the other hand, was the best 5 year I've ever had; if you run across some, grab it!

I've not had blends, other than the Rare Wine Company VB.

Henriques & Henriques is one of the very few independent Madeira exporters left; most of the rest have been vacuumed up by the Madeira Wine Company. In my experience, the Henriques & Henriques 5 year seemed to be closer in taste to older vintage madeiras than any of the 5 years from other labels. However, my supplier of them dried up, I haven't found another, and I'm not about to order direct.

Did that even get close to answering your question?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

Labrat Pre-Update:

Still waiting in my hunting blind by the waterhole frequented by the rare Ursa Petite Sirah. Nothing sighted yet, but I understand that the next hour may bring the beast to drink ..... muwhahahahahahaha

Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting PS!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
MarkDaSpark wrote:Labrat Pre-Update:

heh ^_^

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb

I just realized that my wine fridge is full, after all the Wellington stuff from the other week, and the case that I just recieved for working the wine fest for my buddy, I've got no room for the PS that is on its way. Only one thing to do. DRINK!

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Labrat Pre-Update:

Still waiting in my hunting blind by the waterhole frequented by the rare Ursa Petite Sirah. Nothing sighted yet, but I understand that the next hour may bring the beast to drink ..... muwhahahahahahaha

Labrat Report - Ursa Vineyards Petite Sirah Sierra Foothills Part 1:

Day 74 (Sept. 3, 2008):
4:10 PM PDT: Waited patiently (well, mostly) in the blind for the Golden Ticket Petite Sirah. Upon sighting my prey, one of the rare Ursa Vineyards Petite Sirah Sierra Foothills, I drew a steady bead and bagged it. Unfortunately, due to the heat on the savanna, the body temp was 87deg, so immediately placing it in the proper cooling vessel (wine cooler) in order to preserve its’ freshness, I return to camp.

My native bearers (JavaDrinker and TimByrd) are anxiously awaiting my return with the trophy to properly prepare it for the sacred rites.

Will let it chill down a little prior to opening a vein to let the blood drain into the sacred decanting vessel (a WD exclusive offer).

Part 2 will commence approximately at 1840 hours (6:40 pm PDT). However, due to the length of the hunt, there will be additional parts commented during the evening.

Edit: BTW, there were plenty of clear "ketchup" packs in the box. Must have been on the truck too long though.

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
paryb wrote:I just realized that my wine fridge is full, after all the Wellington stuff from the other week, and the case that I just recieved for working the wine fest for my buddy, I've got no room for the PS that is on its way. Only one thing to do. DRINK!

Funny that I have 12 bottles coming(9 Wellingtons tomorrow and 3 Zinerators due on ?) and have no wine cooler... hmm, the cart before the horse??
I've got a bad feeling about the heat- the goods traveling from NY to central GA... esp reading MDS's post above(87 deg at bag temp).
My UPS guy said that the conveyor belt handling might be more of a problem than anything else, but he'll take special care of my packages(he's been bribed).

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Is PSparky the ONLY LABRAT for this offer?

Edited.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Is PSparky the ONLY rat for this offer?

LABRAT if you please!!!!

And WD told me others went out, but didn't tell me who and I didn't ask.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Hey Dubbaya D! any hints for tomorrow, could use a little excitement!

CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 202 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bkarney wrote:Hey Dubbaya D! any hints for tomorrow, could use a little excitement!

Have fun storming the castle boys !

ArcheDiver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ArcheDiver

Castle Vineyards Winery? or is that just too obvious?

bkarney

Winedavid39 wrote:Have fun storming the castle boys !

Castle Rock PN

Edit: Oh better yet, Fortress Vineyards. But REALLY I'm hoping bowtie nailed this one!!

CT

bhodilee

THE SPANIARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUBBER CHICKENS FOR ALL!!!!!!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:THE SPANIARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUBBER CHICKENS FOR ALL!!!!!!

Unless El Jefe is planning on woot launch, no. Release date is 9/20.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

A PB reference!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

bkarney

cheron98 wrote:Unless El Jefe is planning on woot launch, no. Release date is 9/20.

possible 3rd recent wine.woot launch!? now that would be exciting

CT

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:Unless El Jefe is planning on woot launch, no. Release date is 9/20.

he's just crazy enough, he is el jefe afterall. And I totally missed the banter last time around (damn honeymoon). We'd have been pure gold

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
bhodilee wrote:he's just crazy enough, he is el jefe afterall. And I totally missed the banter last time around (damn honeymoon). We'd have been pure gold

just hate it when those damn honeymoons get in the way of all things wine.woot. coming soon: divorce.woot. :P

do you know... what biodynamics is?

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
bkarney wrote:possible 3rd recent wine.woot launch!? now that would be exciting

what would be exciting would be if there was an actual pope hat.

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2
psmurf wrote:Funny that I have 12 bottles coming(9 Wellingtons tomorrow and 3 Zinerators due on ?) and have no wine cooler... hmm, the cart before the horse??
I've got a bad feeling about the heat- the goods traveling from NY to central GA... esp reading MDS's post above(87 deg at bag temp).
My UPS guy said that the conveyor belt handling might be more of a problem than anything else, but he'll take special care of my packages(he's been bribed).

I had an attempted delivery during FAY, my work was closed and my wine sat in the big brown oven or maybe the warehouse over the weekend and it was fine. I am very glad too it would have taken weeks to replace it. BTW I am in Jacksonville, are you anywhere close? We are trying to get a wine.woot together check out:

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2184946&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=10

Edit: I guess your in central GA, but still more than welcome to come we have couches

HitAnyKey42

HitAnyKey42 wrote:So I think I've just made my decision. If we win our games tonight for the first round of beach volleyball playoffs, I'll buy a set of this tonight. If we lose, I won't buy any. If it sells out...well DUH, I won't buy any.

Well I'm all bummed....we lost both the first two games in the semi-finals. So no 1st or 2nd place trophy for us.

And according to what I said earlier...no PS for me either.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

bkarney

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well I'm all bummed....we lost both the first two games in the semi-finals. So no 1st or 2nd place trophy for us.

And according to what I said earlier...no PS for me either.

oh c'mon man, we don't want to have to enjoy it w/out you....and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that either.... only 1:45 left. Is your arm twisting yet??

CT

HitAnyKey42

bkarney wrote:oh c'mon man, we don't want to have to enjoy it w/out you....and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that either.... only 1:45 left. Is your arm twisting yet??

No, but my bank account is. And twisting so much so that it's near impossible to get anything out of it right now.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

Java, TByrd, & I are thinking Chocolate.

yathink2

MarkDaSpark wrote:Java, TByrd, & I are thinking Chocolate.

mmmmmmm....amano? but how does that fit in with stormin the castle?

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
yathink2 wrote:I had an attempted delivery during FAY, my work was closed and my wine sat in the big brown oven or maybe the warehouse over the weekend and it was fine. I am very glad too it would have taken weeks to replace it. BTW I am in Jacksonville, are you anywhere close? We are trying to get a wine.woot together check out:

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2184946&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=10

Edit: I guess your in central GA, but still more than welcome to come we have couches

Yeah(near Macon), and according to MapQuest- 271 miles from Jacksonville.
I appreciate the offer. It would be great to taste, share, and learn more about wines, and to meet new friends. But it is a little too far for me at this time, and my employer( a small company) actually needs me 5-6 days/week. Sometimes it's not so nice to be needed... really.
Can I get a rain check(we might be seeing plenty of it soon)?

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

yathink2

MarkDaSpark wrote:Java, TByrd, & I are thinking Chocolate.

BTW, hows the wine?