quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic
$34.99 + $5 shipping
condition:
Aged 7 Years
product:
1 250ml Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic

No CellarTracker for this one, but evidently there ARE going to be LabCOOH's this week.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

favrerocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages favrerocks

7/9/2008 6:26 PM
[2392875]
Re: what the heck is that?

I'm going to go off the board and say it will be some kind of high-end balsamic vinegar made by one of the wineries Woot Wine has had on before.

I got it right on my first guess (the second and third guesses were wrong though).

Random Crap x3
Norman, Monticello (rat), Cavedoni (bv), Chase (x3), Benson (x3) and much more to come

Cesare

quality posts: 1673 Private Messages Cesare

Very nice woot! I am so in for at least 1, after I research it a little.
Good job favre. Always go with your first instinct.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

So Laura, Loweeel. Who went in for 2?

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

YAY!!! A FIRST SUCKER IS ME!!! That's my 2nd, so I make the JWhite List!!!!!! :-D

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

yermej

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yermej

A quick search turned up one other online seller - $56 + shipping.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
Corrado wrote:So Laura, Loweeel. Who went in for 2?

Right here. Worst case scenario, I can dispose of one to my mom for $45. It's nice to be related to other food snobs.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Loweeel wrote:Right here. Worst case scenario, I can dispose of one to my mom for $45. It's nice to be related to other food snobs.

Or you could be a good son and give it to her (and make your brother look like a schmuck in the process).

WD, any chance of the maker (or someone associated with the stuff) popping in to chat about the product?

Cesare

Loweeel wrote:YAY!!! A FIRST SUCKER IS ME!!! That's my 2nd, so I make the JWhite List!!!!!! :-D

Nice! Took you almost a minute though. Now we'll see if we count it because it's not wine ha.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Vilgrom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Vilgrom

So close to 21, I can almost taste it. But I don't think it would matter with this, right?

I do love balsamic vinegar.. but is it 5 times better than the $8 bottles of aged balsamic you get at the grocery store?

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
favrerocks wrote:7/9/2008 6:26 PM
[2392875]
Re: what the heck is that?

I'm going to go off the board and say it will be some kind of high-end balsamic vinegar made by one of the wineries Woot Wine has had on before.

I got it right on my first guess (the second and third guesses were wrong though).

Very impressive favrerocks. i was like, "wow" !

and Labrattage is ON !

WD

RyanMBlue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyanMBlue

In for 2!

Good Balsamic is a nice thing to have. One for me, one for a gift!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
yermej wrote:A quick search turned up one other online seller - $56 + shipping.

wow. See I'm severely considering this because I love to cook with Balsamic Vinegar. I want to know how good it is, or if I should just stick to what I have right now.. because this looks really good.

RyanMBlue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyanMBlue
Vilgrom wrote:So close to 21, I can almost taste it. But I don't think it would matter with this, right?

I do love balsamic vinegar.. but is it 5 times better than the $8 bottles of aged balsamic you get at the grocery store?

Im not sure about this specific one, but if you compare $8 balsamic to really good balsamic, its definitely worth it

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
Corrado wrote:

WD, any chance of the maker (or someone associated with the stuff) popping in to chat about the product?

YES.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
winefarm wrote:Very impressive favrerocks. i was like, "wow" !

and Labrattage is ON !

WD

In for one now, might have to gift another after the rats report.

First sucker: Loweeel
Speed to first woot: 0m 52.017s

Last wooter to woot: Imagine4vr

duck833

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duck833

In for two. One for me and one for my good friend that loves everything Italian (including his Villa South of Tuscany)

Go Ducks!!!!

good food, good wine, bad girl = great evening

greenmonkey125

quality posts: 10 Private Messages greenmonkey125

looks awesome; I use balsamic at least once a day, and it's worth $40 to try something new. Happily In for one.

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

how long will this be up for? very tempting, sweet bottle

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

I am in for 2. This is a great value. This jewel is hard to find and I can't believe I was up late tonight and checked the site. Karma Man.

A great value. Highly recommend.

Walstib

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Walstib

Producer's website. (In Italian.)

Botte Piccola = Small Bottle

Couldn't get us the big bottles, WD? ;)

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69
Vilgrom wrote:So close to 21, I can almost taste it. But I don't think it would matter with this, right?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Oh man, and just when I am thinking of making this strawberry-balsamic ice cream using these amazing hybrid (of conventional and wild) organic, supersweet intensely flavoured and almost herbal-tangy strawberries from my farmer's market. I had given up on ice cream making because I don't have a machine but a friend has a fancy one and is willing to lend it to me, in exchange for donuts and pastries (I have a deep fryer and make a ton of tarts and pies).

And I was like...but the balsamic vinegar I have on hand right now is not superb (though perfectly delicious), maybe I should get that really great stuff I sometimes get...

/drunken rambling

IT IS A SIGN!

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

favrerocks

Man, I want to be in on this, but I'm not really a foodie, have never used balsamic vinegar before (although, somewhat ironically, I have been looking at some at my grocery store), but I'm not sure I have access to good enough foods here in Middle of Nowhere, North Dakota to make such a purchase worthwhile. Can anyone suggest some ways I could utilize this (and thus make sense of a purchase that I predicted)?

Random Crap x3
Norman, Monticello (rat), Cavedoni (bv), Chase (x3), Benson (x3) and much more to come

cooldaddybeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cooldaddybeck

In for 3. I can't resist the option of kickin' balsamic. Perhaps a cheese will pop up in the next few days to pair with it.

:0)

Probably 1 or 2 to be used as gifts for fellow gourmets. Looks like it's time to start kicking it up a notch and break out my French cookbook again.

Cesare

Walstib wrote: Producer's website. (In Italian.)

Translation service available here. Donations accepted. (It doesn't say much more than the woot description but I'll read more tomorrow)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

favrerocks wrote:Man, I want to be in on this, but I'm not really a foodie, have never used balsamic vinegar before (although, somewhat ironically, I have been looking at some at my grocery store), but I'm not sure I have access to good enough foods here in Middle of Nowhere, North Dakota to make such a purchase worthwhile. Can anyone suggest some ways I could utilize this (and thus make sense of a purchase that I predicted)?

balsamic vinaigrette?

Might be blasphemy with something this good (like making Mimosas with Dom). A little bit of balsamic in olive oil with minced garlic makes a great dipping sauce for warmed bread.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Cesare wrote:Translation service available here. Donations accepted. (It doesn't say much more than the woot description but I'll read more tomorrow)

Tranlated (poorly) here.

Cesare

fairnymph wrote:Oh man, and just when I am thinking of making this strawberry-balsamic ice cream using these amazing hybrid (of conventional and wild) organic, supersweet intensely flavoured and almost herbal-tangy strawberries from my farmer's market. I had given up on ice cream making because I don't have a machine but a friend has a fancy one and is willing to lend it to me, in exchange for donuts and pastries (I have a deep fryer and make a ton of tarts and pies).

And I was like...but the balsamic vinegar I have on hand right now is not superb (though perfectly delicious), maybe I should get that really great stuff I sometimes get...

/drunken rambling

IT IS A SIGN!

A sign indeed! I was just at the farm market over by the UN today and saw they had strawberries back this week. Should have bought some. Oh wait this won't be here in time anyway oh well. Oh but a labrat bottle will hmm.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
favrerocks wrote:Man, I want to be in on this, but I'm not really a foodie, have never used balsamic vinegar before (although, somewhat ironically, I have been looking at some at my grocery store), but I'm not sure I have access to good enough foods here in Middle of Nowhere, North Dakota to make such a purchase worthwhile. Can anyone suggest some ways I could utilize this (and thus make sense of a purchase that I predicted)?

you can do wonderful stuff with Balsamic Vinegar. Rub it into a tenderloin roast with rosemary, salt, pepper, and thyme and put whole cloves of garlic into slits in the roast and broil it. It's amazing.

I also make a great Asian dish with Balsamic Vinegar and Hoisin Sauce (and a touch of soy sauce) as the base while I cook onions and mushrooms with either keilbasa (odd I know, but believe me, it's to die for) or chicken or pork. Really simple usages and nearly no measuring for such concoctions.

Cesare

For the people new to balsamic: Article on wikipedia

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

favrerocks

Walstib wrote: Producer's website. (In Italian.)

Google Translation:

Balsamici of Modena

The Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Cavedoni is a product totally genuine, dark, fragrant and full of flavors and essences odorous that derive from grapes from Trebbiano and wood barrels in which rests.

The Balsamico Cavedoni is characterized by balanced combination of sweet with agro and his extraordinary alchemy is formed to slow aging of cooked typical castelvetresi vines, carefully blended with the right doses of natural wine vinegar.

Random Crap x3

Walstib

Seriously? Just drizzle a bit over some summer tomatoes. Pour some out on a plate with some good olive oil (you'll have to buy that too) and dip crusty bread into it. There are more creative things you can do, but these should get you started...

Walstib

favrerocks wrote:Google Translation:

...totally genuine, dark, fragrant and full of flavors and essences odorous...sweet with agro and his extraordinary alchemy is formed to slow aging of cooked typical castelvetresi vines...

Awesome.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Fresh warm Bread with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar(BV)

Sliced Tomatos with chopped onions, Olive Oil (OO), and BV

Sliced Cucumbers with onions, OO, and BV

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Dorkvader

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dorkvader

I know wine.woot can't ship to many states due to certain (bad) state laws, but does this law extend to balsamic vinegar?

Because I'll buy one for sure, if I can.

yermej

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yermej
JadenKale wrote:you can do wonderful stuff with Balsamic Vinegar. Rub it into a tenderloin roast with rosemary, salt, pepper, and thyme and put whole cloves of garlic into slits in the roast and broil it. It's amazing.

I also make a great Asian dish with Balsamic Vinegar and Hoisin Sauce (and a touch of soy sauce) as the base while I cook onions and mushrooms with either keilbasa (odd I know, but believe me, it's to die for) or chicken or pork. Really simple usages and nearly no measuring for such concoctions.

The maker's site recommends not cooking it. Not to say that it wouldn't be awesome in those dishes, but it'd be kind of like sauteing with high quality, extra virgin olive oil. Maybe drizzle it on those dishes just before serving. Or have it with strawberries for dessert. Or drizzled over really good ice cream. Or just drink it.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Dorkvader wrote:I know wine.woot can't ship to many states due to certain (bad) state laws, but does this law extend to balsamic vinegar?

Because I'll buy one for sure, if I can.

No booze = no state ship-to limitations.

NJ, MA, AZ, etc.; have at it!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
JadenKale wrote:you can do wonderful stuff with Balsamic Vinegar. Rub it into a tenderloin roast with rosemary, salt, pepper, and thyme and put whole cloves of garlic into slits in the roast and broil it. It's amazing.

Wow, I was already crushing on you just from the little Nessie shirt

CT