thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314

It's that time again. Cesare's going to host. Let's talk dates.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
thatguy314 wrote:It's that time again. Cesare's going to host. Let's talk dates.

Well I'm thinking June is best for me. That's because May 10th & 24th are definitely out for me. And I'd rather not have it be on the 31st in the minute chance I actually consider going to the NoVA one. It's possibly the May 17th might be ok, but I may still be wanting to utilize that weekend for moving activities.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Cesare

quality posts: 1618 Private Messages Cesare

Official tasting information post
Saturday June 7th, 2008 3pm at Cesare's and kttest's place in Queens.

Attendees:
1,2. Me, kttest 2006 Dr. Konstantin Frank Rkatsiteli And 2006 Clayhouse Vineyard Adobe Red
3,4. thatguy314+1 2007 Domaine de Triennes Rosé
5. hitanykey42 2004 Clos Marie Coteaux du Languedoc Pic St. Loup Simon
6. Bmckenna 2005 Bogle Vineyards Petite Sirah Port
7,8,9. Krugsters+2 2005 Shelter Cabernet Sauvignon 27-29
10. fdiaz 2005 Bodegas y Viñedos Maurodos Toro Prima
11,12. syncrodan+1 2006 Hugel et Fils Riesling And 2004 Bodegas Monteviejo Petite Fleur
13,14. Loweeel+1 1999 Kent Rasmussen Petite Sirah
15,16. Cesare's friend Dean+12003 Bodegas El Nido Jumilla Clio
17. Cesare's friend John 2006 Bodegas Ada Navarra Red Guitar

Woot surprise wines
L&L Surprise sample #1
L&L Surprise sample #2

I forgot who brought this 2002 Phoenix Vineyards Rancho Napa

Bonus "wine" Riunite Lambrusco Emilia IGT

Food:
Me: crackers, chips, olives, salad, pasta salad
thatguy314: sausage, bracciole
hitanykey42:
Bmckenna: ground beef
Krugsters: cheese, bread, shrimp
fdiaz:
syncrodan: cornbread, lamb meat, banana pudding
Loweeel: buffalo meat

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

I vote for June 7. Also, I want to host but I think the Krugsters mentioned hosting again. I think it would be nice to have it rotate around but if they really want to do it and Manhattan is better for more people then that's fine. Just so everyone remembers I have a house in a nice neighborhood in central Queens. Subway, lirr, and major highways are close.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:Also, I want to host but I think the Krugsters mentioned hosting again. I think it would be nice to have it rotate around but if they really want to do it and Manhattan is better for more people then that's fine. Just so everyone remembers I have a house in a nice neighborhood in central Queens. Subway, lirr, and major highways are close.

I'd like to have the variety of a different location. Plus Queens is easier for me.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

May 17th does not work for me. As it stands, queens is teh perfect, but because my lease got non-renewed I'm not quite sure where I'll be living come June 1. Anyone have wonderful, big, cheap apt leads in ny?

signed.

HitAnyKey42

canonizer wrote:May 17th does not work for me. As it stands, queens is teh perfect, but because my lease got non-renewed I'm not quite sure where I'll be living come June 1. Anyone have wonderful, big, cheap apt leads in ny?

I'm leaning towards June being better as well, since I'll most likely be utilizing the weekend of May 17th for additional moving/unpacking and doing things for the condo. Right now it's looking like I'll have a close date of May 5th, but won't be able to do much moving the weekend of the 10th as we're having a big family party (calling it the 3-sisters reunion) to celebrate my grandmother's birthday by also having her sisters (one from CO and one from northern MA) being in for the party, plus other relatives from great distances. The 3 sisters haven't all been together at the same location for more than 20 years.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

thatguy314

I liked the Krugsters venue a lot. That said, the thing I miss most about the city is being outdoors, grilling, etc., the reason I was really excited about Cesare's place. 'Course Krugsters have that great porch. I just have a certain fondness for the outdoor events.

I've got an oral exam on May 21 which determines whether or not I get my masters. I'd prefer at least a week before or sometime after.

Cesare

thatguy314 wrote:I liked the Krugsters venue a lot. That said, the thing I miss most about the city is being outdoors, grilling, etc., the reason I was really excited about Cesare's place. 'Course Krugsters have that great porch. I just have a certain fondness for the outdoor events.

I have a porch too, and a big bbq, and a yard with actual grass, and street parking, and.. well just see for yourself:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/cmancini1/SAquUKGJssI/AAAAAAAAADs/yXj79c2CSEE/s800/house.jpg
That's the view from the street. House is on the left, porch and yard are in the middle, and garage is on the right.

Here's the view from the porch looking out to the street:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/cmancini1/SAquVKGJstI/AAAAAAAAAD0/Rd8DJR7Ht_o/s800/house2.jpg

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:I have a porch too, and a big bbq, and a yard with actual grass, and street parking, and.. well just see for yourself:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/cmancini1/SAquUKGJssI/AAAAAAAAADs/yXj79c2CSEE/s800/house.jpg
That's the view from the street. House is on the left, porch and yard are in the middle, and garage is on the right.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/cmancini1/SAquVKGJstI/AAAAAAAAAD0/Rd8DJR7Ht_o/s800/house2.jpg

Sweet setup. That'd definitely be nice spot for an early June tasting.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

synchrodan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages synchrodan
thatguy314 wrote:It's that time again. Cesare's going to host. Let's talk dates.

Alright! Definitely hoping to make this tasting, as I missed the last one due to that pesky Irish holiday in March. In the event that my schedule matters, BAD weekends for me include:

- May 3
- May 24

I am out of town for both. May 31st could work, in theory, but I’m going to a 4:30pm Mets game that day, so I might be there a little late if things get started early. Other than that, my schedule is pretty open at this time.

As for location, while I would love to see the Krugsters host again, as I missed their pad (which got rave reviews) last time, and it’s within walking distance from my apt, I am not very adverse to Queens. As long as there is a safe subway within reasonable walking distance that can get me back to the UWS in one piece, I’ll be fine. It will be a bit of a harder sell to get the GF to come though!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Cesare wrote:I have a porch too, and a big bbq, and a yard with actual grass, and street parking, and.. well just see for yourself:

I am just wandering around the woot forums...I'm not a wine person.
But, Now I need to know what neighborhood is it?
I gew up in Ozone Park, in a brick semiattached house.
Looks very home like to me!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

nematic

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nematic

May 10 or May 17 work best for me, def can't make it june 7 or may 31.

thatguy314

thatguy314

All right NYers, am I the only one that likes these tastings? When I'm too busy to bump this thread seem to quickly be forgotten.

Cesare

thatguy314 wrote:All right NYers, am I the only one that likes these tastings? When I'm too busy to bump this thread seem to quickly be forgotten.

I'm here and ready to taste! Its May 1 now...lets pick a date. We haven't heard from a few people yet. Krugsters where have you been?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

I'll be in as long as it's in June. I could theoretically maybe to May 17, but even that would be pushing it for me. Any other weekend in May just won't work.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

Hey guys! Sorry! I didn't see this tread. I've been accessing my woot page through a bookmark and didn't realize I should be checking for new posts, doh!
Anyway, it would be fine to have it at our place if that's the consensus but I agree Cesare's place looks really nice.
We are lucky enough to have a car in Manhattan so if Dan & GF would like a lift it's no problem.
June 7th works for us.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

Don't count on my attendance, but June is better for me. It's just so much harder to get away without a long weekend. I'll see what I can do when you guys finalize, but no promises (other than making my awesome burgers if I come).

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

fdiaz01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fdiaz01

June 7th should work for me too.

bmckenna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmckenna

Any time in June should be good...this month's a little rough for me.

Never got down to that place by school to check on those Brunellos (Brunelli?), sorry for anyone who was counting on it...life's been a little crazy lately.

HitAnyKey42

Just wanted to bump this back up before it falls off the page.
We also need to start finalizing stuff as the date is only a few weeks away now.
Who all is coming and has anyone given any thought yet as to what they are bringing?

EDIT: That's funny that bmckenna was posting here the same time I was.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Cesare

So June 7th? I think that seems like the best day for most people, sorry for the few that it's not.
Also since this will hopefully be an indoor/outdoor event if the weather cooperates I was thinking we should start earlier. I will have the bbq going so feel free to bring some food to grill.

Let's start a list of who is coming.

Yes
1,2. Me, kttest
3. thatguy314
4. hitanykey42
5. Bmckenna
6,7. Krugsters
8. fdiaz

No
1. nematic

Maybe
1. canonizer
2. Loweeel
3. syncrodan+1?
4. rpm?
5. Mulebower?
6. speedoo?
6. iByron?
7. GV?

Post any corrections/additions.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

canonizer

Manos, the Hands of Fate, I should be able to make it on the 7th. I have daytime event that might roll towards the evening. If we're certain that's the day I will strive to be there but will have a better idea in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of ny tastings...My friend launched Beermenus.com for which I have no problem shilling and their launch party is scheduled for 5/24. Details forthcoming.

signed.

Cesare

canonizer wrote:Manos, the Hands of Fate, I should be able to make it on the 7th. I have daytime event that might roll towards the evening. If we're certain that's the day I will strive to be there but will have a better idea in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of ny tastings...My friend launched Beermenus.com for which I have no problem shilling and their launch party is scheduled for 5/24. Details forthcoming.

Cool! I saw that site mentioned on thrillist.com but didn't know it was your friend. Anyway, hope you can come.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7
canonizer wrote:Manos, the Hands of Fate, I should be able to make it on the 7th. I have daytime event that might roll towards the evening. If we're certain that's the day I will strive to be there but will have a better idea in a couple of weeks.

I believe I read about it in a newspaper.Don't remember which one ,pretty interesting though.

CT

canonizer

marekny7 wrote:I believe I read about it in a newspaper.Don't remember which one ,pretty interesting though.

It appears in the NYT today and was in the post a week or two ago.

Will's a huge beer guy. He brews about once a month and I'm trying to convert him a bit.

Edit, that is a wonderful woot filter for my vulgar swear.

signed.

thatguy314

I saw that site already. Tell your friend he is awesome!

Also I'd love to go to the launch party.... mmm... beer....

synchrodan

Cesare wrote:So June 7th? I think that seems like the best day for most people, sorry for the few that it's not.
Also since this will hopefully be an indoor/outdoor event if the weather cooperates I was thinking we should start earlier. I will have the bbq going so feel free to bring some food to grill.

Let's start a list of who is coming.

Yes
1,2. Me, kttest
3. thatguy314
4. hitanykey42
5. Bmckenna
6,7. Krugsters
8. fdiaz

No
1. nematic

Maybe
1. canonizer
2. Loweeel
3. syncrodan+1?
4. rpm?
5. Mulebower?
6. speedoo?
6. iByron?
7. GV?

Post any corrections/additions.

I am in for the 7th, but probably no +1, it'll be just me.

thatguy314

synchrodan wrote:I am in for the 7th, but probably no +1, it'll be just me.

I may be +1. Girlfriend doesn't work Sat nights during the summer.

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
thatguy314 wrote:I may be +1. Girlfriend doesn't work Sat nights during the summer.

That would be good, we can use some more ladies at the tastings!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

thatguy314

X-posted from cyber pub

ATTN NYCers

So I just bought out a store with a sick deal on '99 KRPS. It came out to about $15 each with shipping to get here. I bought a few extra bottles because I knew a few people would be interested. There are 5 left (HitAnyKey already got you down). PM me if you want any.

OF COURSE: Hat tip Loweeel. He's like a bloodhound (a very religious one). for PS.

bmckenna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmckenna
thatguy314 wrote:X-posted from cyber pub

ATTN NYCers

So I just bought out a store with a sick deal on '99 KRPS. It came out to about $15 each with shipping to get here. I bought a few extra bottles because I knew a few people would be interested. There are 5 left (HitAnyKey already got you down). PM me if you want any.

OF COURSE: Hat tip Loweeel. He's like a bloodhound (a very religious one). for PS.

Oh you best believe I hopped on that =D. I can justify breaking the moratorium for 50% off '99 PS.

I mayyyyy be +1, gf starts her rotations around then so we'll see how her life is. I had a moment of panic, thought I was going to see avenue Q on the 7th but that'll be on the 1st, hehe.

synchrodan

synchrodan wrote:I am in for the 7th, but probably no +1, it'll be just me.

Okay I'm talking to myself again, I know. I talked to my gf, and she actually might end up coming. She's not a huge wine person, so she's worried she'll feel out of place, so we just have to make sure she isn't persecuted because she isn't as big a wine nerd as the rest of us! llo... So yeah, it'll be me +1 now.

Loweeel

Ok, I'm coming. Any theme for the evening?

I'll make burgers if you guys supply the meat, onions, spices, (and cheap red wine to keep them juicy).

Also, I may be +1 if that's ok with you.

If not, I could leave the KRPS01R at home ;) ... j/k.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Cesare

synchrodan wrote:Okay I'm talking to myself again, I know. I talked to my gf, and she actually might end up coming. She's not a huge wine person, so she's worried she'll feel out of place, so we just have to make sure she isn't persecuted because she isn't as big a wine nerd as the rest of us! llo... So yeah, it'll be me +1 now.

Tell her not to worry. Think of this as more of a summer bbq with some wine tasting in between. Also I wanted to mention to everyone- Please 1 bottle per person/couple. We're already up to about 12 people and I think 8 to 10 bottles is perfect.

Loweeel wrote:Ok, I'm coming. Any theme for the evening?

I'll make burgers if you guys supply the meat, onions, spices, (and cheap red wine to keep them juicy).

Also, I may be +1 if that's ok with you.

If not, I could leave the KRPS01R at home ;) ... j/k.

Awesome. Theme is: wine that goes great with bbq? Zin, PS, Rose, Gewurztraminer(think spicy), etc.
We'll be happy to supply whatever you need, I love onion burgers! I'll also make a couple other things. Maybe just hot dogs and some chicken.
And feel free to bring someone. That way you'll have some company for your drive too.

Glad this is finally coming together, now we can start thinking about wines.
I'll post an updated attendee list later. I'm in NJ right now, stopped by the winelibrary and found myself a case of random wine not on their website. Also tasted the Vayniac Cab barrel sample. It was already really good and it still has a year to go and this isn't even the final blend. It looks like it will be well worth $38.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Loweeel

Cesare wrote:Awesome. Theme is: wine that goes great with bbq? Zin, PS, Rose, Gewurztraminer(think spicy), etc.
We'll be happy to supply whatever you need, I love onion burgers! I'll also make a couple other things. Maybe just hot dogs and some chicken.
And feel free to bring someone. That way you'll have some company for your drive too.

Glad this is finally coming together, now we can start thinking about wines.
I'll post an updated attendee list later. I'm in NJ right now, stopped by the winelibrary and found myself a case of random wine not on their website. Also tasted the Vayniac Cab barrel sample. It was already really good and it still has a year to go and this isn't even the final blend. It looks like it will be well worth $38.

Wine not on their website?!?! Do tell. Was it the close out "last bottles" stuff? That's a great theme for the tasting. I'll figure out something good.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

Cesare

Loweeel wrote:Wine not on their website?!?! Do tell. Was it the close out "last bottles" stuff? That's a great theme for the tasting. I'll figure out something good.

Yeah I got the last bottle of this for $99.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Loweeel

Cesare wrote:Yeah I got the last bottle of this for $99.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's fabulous. Very nice.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

Cesare

Heh. Yeah I looked through the last bottle closeouts. I got the last 2 bottles of 2005 Elyse Petite Sirah Rutherford for $28 + tax. I see you already had a bottle. Want another one?

I also got a bottle of 2005 Elio Perrone Barbera d'Asti Tasmorcan for $13 because I felt like having a Barbera tonight at a NJ byob Italian restaurant. It was ok. I got 10 other bottles to round out a case but now I realize they aren't really good deals because the closeout prices are just their regular "sale" prices. They should give another 20% off on those or something geez.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple