MAYBES:
-

REGRETS:
- hershelk

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

You know you're an alchoholic when ....

... You schedule and post a second future "wine tasting" before you've finished the next future "wine tasting".

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:You know you're an alchoholic when ....

... You schedule and post a second future "wine tasting" before you've finished the next future "wine tasting".

Her birthday, my wedding day, it's gonna be a drunken woot night. If I find sufficient morels I'll send some their way.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
MarkDaSpark wrote:You know you're an alchoholic when ....

Don't like you. You're just jealous and making jokes because you can't make it to either of these.

bhodilee wrote:Her birthday, my wedding day, it's gonna be a drunken woot night. If I find sufficient morels I'll send some their way.

You, I like!! I hope your soon-to-be-wife likes wine as much as you (she may cut into your stash, but will give you less grief for replacing it).

CT | | | | | |

thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314

You guys are so eager. Can't even wait for #3 before you start on #4, can you?

Not that I can really blame you.

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink
bhodilee wrote:Her birthday, my wedding day, it's gonna be a drunken woot night. If I find sufficient morels I'll send some their way.

Was I the only one who first thought Bowtie was questioning his ability to find morals?

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

jwhite6114

UBlink wrote:Was I the only one who first thought Bowtie was questioning his ability to find morals?

That's been a well-established fact for some time .

As for impatience, we were trying to plan one date, having trouble, and realized that two of the best options were 6 weeks apart -- so why not do both? Once that was established, it seemed easier to separate the discussion for planning purposes.

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
UBlink wrote:Was I the only one who first thought Bowtie was questioning his ability to find morals?

To find them, one must first have had them. In related news I'm putting together a team to run for governor of my state.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

If anyone from Mumm is out there...(bubblykindagal???)...a nice Cuvee M would be an extra special birthday treat!

I'm just sayin'.

jwhite6114

cjsiege wrote:If anyone from Mumm is out there...(bubblykindagal???)...a nice Cuvee M would be an extra special birthday treat!

I'm just sayin'.

We have pics to prove just how much Cj likes the Mumm Cuvee M. This would truly be a well-loved gift!

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:Don't like you. You're just jealous and making jokes because you can't make it to either of these.

Don't like me ..... NO Party Hats for YOU!!

Wouldn't be so bad, but you have TWO (2), yes TWO threads for round 3, Starting round 4, AND you get the LOVELY CJ on her bday.

We're still trying to get her for the 2nd (yes, only the 2nd!) SanDiego/Temecula Round. Nobody loves us poor SoCal Wine.Wooters ...

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:We're still trying to get her for the 2nd (yes, only the 2nd!) SanDiego/Temecula Round. Nobody loves us poor SoCal Wine.Wooters ...

And can you blame us? What with nallie and her million-baby-death-squad, clayfu (a.k.a. wine ninja), and mr. smiley (you -- who can trust a man who smiles as much as you do?). It's just not a safe place for those us unacquainted with battle-field living.

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:And can you blame us? What with nallie and her million-baby-death-squad, clayfu (a.k.a. wine ninja), and mr. smiley (you -- who can trust a man who smiles as much as you do?). It's just not a safe place for those us unacquainted with battle-field living.

Hey, hey, hey. That's MR. PARTY HAT to you!!! We don't get mad, we get even .... expect the unexpected. Do I need to put up the Slap-countdown-timer???

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

We could get that Red Cuvee M for CJ, just for something different!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
Loweeel wrote:We could get that Red Cuvee M for CJ, just for something different!

That could be the theme: Sparkle Plenty

I have some Ulithorne X and some Bonny Doon Il Circo Moscato di Asti. Both ends of the bubbly spectrum!

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

Loweeel

iByron wrote:That could be the theme: Sparkle Plenty

I have some Ulithorne X and some Bonny Doon Il Circo Moscato di Asti. Both ends of the bubbly spectrum!

I'll go to target and get some riunite just for you!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
iByron wrote:That could be the theme: Sparkle Plenty
!

For the youngsters' information, Sparkle Plenty was a character in the D**k Tracy comic. Daughter of B.O. Plenty and Gravel Gertie, she married D**k's adopted son, Junior. It's not known if she ever drank wine.
www.comicspage.com/dicktracy

I must change my response to Regret because I'm flying to Australia that day. Going to attend the Sydney Film Festival.
www.sydneyfilmfestival.org/index_flash.asp

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

Loweeel

I don't know if we could have enough variety in tdoing only sparklies... with sparkling red being fairly hard to come by, and I think palates get more fatigued b/c of the bubbles.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
Loweeel wrote:I don't know if we could have enough variety in tdoing only sparklies... with sparkling red being fairly hard to come by, and I think palates get more fatigued b/c of the bubbles.

Doesn't have to be only sparkling, just the major theme. Got a decent sparkler? Bring it along with a still from the same varietal or winery; or pair off with someone else who'll do so.

I'm sure we'll get a number of Cabs, Pinots or otherwise standard wines at the "Completely Different" themed party, er, tasting, too. And that will be a good thing.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

Lasgar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lasgar

To bad the next two NoVA/DC tastings fell on weekends I have to work, I'd really like to make it out to one of these sometime.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
jwhite6114 wrote:THEME: Undetermined
DATE: 5/31
HOST: Loweeel

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):
-Loweeel
- jwhite
- *CJ* (it's her birthday!)
- tripgrad
- iByron
- Theresa

MAYBES:
-

REGRETS:
- hershelk

May 31st is my Birthday, too! (No idea if I can make it yet...)

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

jwhite6114

THEME: Sparkle Plenty (?)

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):
1 -Loweeel (Riunite)
2 - jwhite (birthday cake)
3 - *CJ* (it's her birthday!)
4 - iByron
5 - Theresa

MAYBES:
6 - *vaaccess* (it's HIS birthday, too!)

REGRETS:
- hershelk
- tripgrad
- Lasgar

NOT INVITED:
- Sparky Mark (for derogetory comments)

CT | | | | | |

Lasgar

I did not mean to sound whiny hehe. It was just a bad night at work and I was a little bummed to find out I could not make the tastings again. Its just bad luck on my part, since I work every other weekend I basically have a 50/50 shot, and I just happen to be working on each of the 3 events I have known about. Obviously you guys have to organize it to be the best date for the biggest number of people, I would not expect it to be set up any other way.
I will keep watching the forums of course and look forward to making it out to one of these sometime , sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you all have a good time =)

jwhite6114

Lasgar wrote:I did not mean to sound whiny hehe. It was just a bad night at work and I was a little bummed to find out I could not make the tastings again. Its just bad luck on my part, since I work every other weekend I basically have a 50/50 shot, and I just happen to be working on each of the 3 events I have known about. Obviously you guys have to organize it to be the best date for the biggest number of people, I would not expect it to be set up any other way.
I will keep watching the forums of course and look forward to making it out to one of these sometime , sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you all have a good time =)

Ack! Lasgar and Tripgrad: my SINCEREST apologies! Both of you should have been listed under regrets, not NOT INVITED. The latter group was ment for Mr. Mark (lovingly not invited, of course). I will correct!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Corrected

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Delete

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Delete

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Delete

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Delete

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Delete

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Delete

CT | | | | | |

Lasgar

jwhite6114 wrote:Ack! Lasgar and Tripgrad: my SINCEREST apologies! Both of you should have been listed under regrets, not NOT INVITED. The latter group was ment for Mr. Mark (lovingly not invited, of course). I will correct!

It's ok =) , apology accepted . My first instinct was that it was a joke or just a mistake, but its hard to tell with text, especially when you do not really know the person. And then I wasn't sure because Mark was clearly marked as a joke with a big :P , and Tripgrad and I where not. Thanks for clearing it up.

jwhite6114

Lasgar wrote:It's ok =) , apology accepted . My first instinct was that it was a joke or just a mistake, but its hard to tell with text, especially when you do not really know the person. And then I wasn't sure because Mark was clearly marked as a joke with a big :P , and Tripgrad and I where not. Thanks for clearing it up.

<phew> thanks for pointing it out though. The last thing I need is someone out to get me on this coast too (nallie has already made the west coast off limits for me).

Edit: Now if we can just get someone to delete all my duplicate posts ... damned internet!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

THEME: Sparkle Plenty (?)

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):
1 -Loweeel (Riunite)
2 - jwhite (birthday cake)
3 - *CJ* (it's her birthday!)
4 - iByron
5 - Theresa

MAYBES:
6 - *vaaccess* (it's HIS birthday, too!)

REGRETS:
- hershelk
- tripgrad
- Lasgar

NOT INVITED:
- Sparky Mark (for derogetory comments)

CT | | | | | |

Loweeel

I'll also have some Sparkling Shiraz (brands TBD -- Total Wine carries Hardy's -- which pairs with their whiskers blake tawny -- and Trevor Jones -- which pairs with their Jonesy Rare Aged "Port", though I'm rather attached to the Majella). I may be +1/+2/+3, but I'll update closer to the date.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse

You can put me down as a maybe, I might be stuck out in OC for the Car show... we'll see.

121 Woots and counting

jwhite6114

THEME:Sparkle Plenty (?)

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):

1. Loweeel
      - Riunite
      - Sparkling Shiraz
    2. jwhite
      - birthday cake
    3. *CJ* (it's her birthday!)
    4. iByron
    5. Theresa

MAYBES:
    1. *vaaccess* (it's HIS birthday, too!)
    2. Loweeel friend #1
    3. Loweeel friend #2
    4. Loweeel friend #3
    5. bunnymasseuse

REGRETS:
  • hershelk
  • tripgrad
  • Lasgar

NOT INVITED:

• Sparky Mark (for derogetory comments)

CT | | | | | |

Loweeel

Hey Byron, I think you should bring this to the tasting, and then get another 5 for yourself :-)

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

jwhite6114

bump

CT | | | | | |

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Lisa and Rebecca are coming, too. I'm bringing the Mumm 2002 Devaux Ranch, a N.V. Commandaria St. Nicholas or St. John and some baklava. (I can't believe I'm actually going to make one. Haven't done it in 5 years.) If TG314 can pass the St. John down to L, then I'll bring a St. Nicholas and we can do a horizontal tasting. (Or as horizontal as you can get in an N.V. fortified wine.)