- tripgrad

MAYBES:
-

REGRETS:
- jwhite

CT | | | | | |

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

I am +1. Lisa's coming. We're still conferring on what to bring.

cjsiege

...and jwhite is a big, sweet, fuzzy, hunny-bunny for moderating the thread when he can't even come!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cjsiege wrote:...and jwhite is a big, sweet, fuzzy, hunny-bunny for moderating the thread when he can't even come!

That ...or a control freak.

CT | | | | | |

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

I am in. Bringing some PS from places other than California. And maybe a sparkling shiraz as well.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

jalcausk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jalcausk

I'm a maybe.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

April 5? Something different? That I still like?

That'll be easy. I won't even tip my hand here.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

theresa1013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theresa1013

So I must unfortunately change my status to "regret." My best friend, who lives in Philadelphia, has decided to have her birthday party on the same night as the wine.woot gathering. Inconsiderate, I know. I'm considering having a talk with her parents about giving birth on such an inconvenient day.

theresa1013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theresa1013

So I must unfortunately change my status to "regret." My best friend, who lives in Philadelphia, has decided to have her birthday party on the same night as the wine.woot gathering. Inconsiderate, I know. I'm considering having a talk with her parents about giving birth on such an inconvenient day.

cjsiege

If Byron is coming on 4/5, then I know what I am bringing. Found a sparkling viognier out in the wilds of central VA. I just knew I had to share that with the Byronic one. Sparklies for me. Viognier for all.

cjsiege

jwhite6114 wrote:THEME: "And Now for Something Completely Different"

JW - I don't get the tree. Please explain it to the dense child. Thanks!

Loweeel

iByron wrote:April 5? Something different? That I still like?

That'll be easy. I won't even tip my hand here.

iByron

Yay sparkling viognier! Mmmmm VA Viognier. I will be well-prepared. Oh man, this is too tempting. Do I give most of you folks your first taste of some Israeli wine? I'd bring the Munch, but it's way, way, way, too young still. There are other Israeli PS, but the ones available in the states aren't on that level. I'll probably bring something Israeli and a non-US PS (maybe I could track down one of those Mexican ones...)

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

jwhite6114

cjsiege wrote:JW - I don't get the tree. Please explain it to the dense child. Thanks!

Well, I suppose of you didn't make the connection ...

CT | | | | | |

cjsiege

jwhite6114 wrote:Well, I suppose of you didn't make the connection ...

Oohhh...so that's what a larch looks like.

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
jwhite6114 wrote:THEME: "And Now for Something Completely Different"
(bring something different, unique, unusual -- but that you know you like
DATE: 4/5
HOST: hershelk

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):
- hershelk
- Loweeel
- iByron
- cj
- Theresa
- tripgrad

That is the weekend b4 my birthday (10th)
I'm going to bring a dessert wine; that will pair well w/chocolate cake!

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

Loweeel

I'll also bring name tags, pens, and pads. I have plenty left over.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk
Loweeel wrote:I'll also bring name tags, pens, and pads. I have plenty left over.

Great, that will help.

Finally back from some work related travels and can start thinking about the wine tasting. Cellar tours will start on the half hour. When the date gets a little closer, and I put together a good direction guide, I will PM everyone directions. What is the usual starting time?

For food, in addition to a forementioned Chocolate cake (happy birthday) I was thinking of just getting some platters from Lebanese Taverna. For those not in the know, a great place for middle eastern food. If anyone want to bring something let me know, but probably not necessary (except desserts).

For wine I will at least have an Argentinian Torrontes, one of my new white favorites and reminiscent of Viognier. I also have a VA white wine with Chilli Pepper. Not bad and can be an interesting diversion.

I may have 2-3 friends come in addition.

CT

cjsiege

Hershel - any info on hotels in the immediate area? After the last 2 times, the prospect of driving back to Stafford that night isn't too appealing.

cjsiege

tripgrad wrote:That is the weekend b4 my birthday (10th)
I'm going to bring a dessert wine; that will pair well w/chocolate cake!

Your 10th birthday????? Better bring a nice moo-juice to go with that chocolate cake!

Lasgar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lasgar

Wish I could make this, but I have to work =(

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
cjsiege wrote:Hershel - any info on hotels in the immediate area? After the last 2 times, the prospect of driving back to Stafford that night isn't too appealing.

Can someone clue me in as to where this is being held this time? I realize that Hershelk is hosting, just not sure where (s)he's hosting.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

jwhite6114

cjsiege wrote:Oohhh...so that's what a larch looks like.

Now that you know how to spot one, can you count the number of people hiding in the picture?

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

THEME: "And Now for Something Completely Different"
(bring something different, unique, unusual -- but that you know you like

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):
1 - hershelk (platters from Lebanese Taverna) (Argentinian Torrontes) (VA white wine with Chilli Pepper)
2 - hershelk friend #1
3 - hershelk friend #2
4 - Loweeel (PS from places other than California. And maybe a sparkling shiraz as well) (name tags, pens, and pads)
5 - iByron (super secret special something)
6 - CJ (sparkling viognier)
7 - Lisa (CJ's friend)
8 - *tripgrad* (ALMOST his birthday) (dessert wine; that will pair well w/chocolate cake!)

MAYBES:
9 - jalcausk
10 -

REGRETS:
- jwhite
- theresa1013
- Lasgar

CT | | | | | |

hershelk

vaaccess wrote:Can someone clue me in as to where this is being held this time? I realize that Hershelk is hosting, just not sure where (s)he's hosting.

I am in Alexandria near Duke/Little River Turnpike and 395. If you are coming, I will send you details. There are some hotels in this area, not sure exactly what they are. I can't vouch for it, but Hawthorn Suites is close (http://www.hawthorn.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=2786). There are others nearby on Van Dorn Street as well. Also, I'm only about 4 miles from Old Town Alexandria which has a lot of options.

CT

hershelk

Lasgar wrote:Wish I could make this, but I have to work =(

Come tast some wine then go back to work. Some of my best work has been done under the influence.

CT

hershelk

jwhite6114 wrote:ATTENDEES LIST (so far):
1 - hershelk (platters from Lebanese Taverna) (Argentinian Torrontes) (VA white wine with Chilli Pepper)
2 - hershelk friend #1
3 - hershelk friend #2

Hershelk friend #1 (Beth) is coming, don't have a definate from the other or a wine choice yet.

CT

iByron

hershelk wrote:I am in Alexandria near Duke/Little River Turnpike and 395. If you are coming, I will send you details. There are some hotels in this area, not sure exactly what they are. I can't vouch for it, but Hawthorn Suites is close (http://www.hawthorn.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=2786). There are others nearby on Van Dorn Street as well. Also, I'm only about 4 miles from Old Town Alexandria which has a lot of options.

In other words he's near Total Wine & More, Alexandria. Easy to pick up something on the way.

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

cjsiege

Lasgar wrote:Wish I could make this, but I have to work =(

I'm with Hershel...any chance that you could drop in early or late? We tend to go on for quite a while - mostly because everybody brings more than they are supposed to!

Lasgar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lasgar
cjsiege wrote:I'm with Hershel...any chance that you could drop in early or late? We tend to go on for quite a while - mostly because everybody brings more than they are supposed to!

It depends how early it gets started. I work overnights and I would need some time to sober up before the drive to work.

cjsiege

** bump **
We were waaaayyy too far down on the list for my personal liking.

So, wanted to check with Hershel about food options - are you accepting donations toward the Lebanese Taverna platters? Should I plan to bring some other outstanding goodie?

Also wanted to put out a call to the other NoVA-ites to RSVP! C'mon! You'll have a good time! We aren't that scary and we don't smell bad.

iByron

Hershel

Check your privates. It's really important!

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

Loweeel

iByron wrote:Hershel

iByron

Byron,
I saw 4 different types of Riunite at Total Wine today. Come DC #4, you'll be sorry you ever put it in your sig. There's no way you can avoid tasting them all!

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

jwhite6114

iByron

Dude -- please work on the phasing, next time.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

THEME: "And Now for Something Completely Different"
(bring something different, unique, unusual -- but that you know you like)

ATTENDEES LIST (so far):
2 - hershelk friend #1 (Beth)
3 - Loweeel (PS from places other than California. And maybe a sparkling shiraz as well) (name tags, pens, and pads)
4 - iByron (super secret special something)
5 - CJ (sparkling viognier)
6 - Lisa (CJ's friend)
7 - *tripgrad* (ALMOST his birthday) (dessert wine; that will pair well w/chocolate cake!)

MAYBES:
9 - jalcausk
10 - hershelk friend #2

REGRETS:
- jwhite
- theresa1013
- Lasgar

For directions, [url=http://wine.woot.com/Forums/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=0&UserID=786713]PM hershelk[.url].

CT | | | | | |

hershelk

iByron

Done and responded to.

CT

Loweeel

We need to start pimping this on the weekly threads.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

hershelk

I went to give advanced warning that I have two cats in case anyone is allergic. I can lock them away in kitty jail for the evening if needed, but there will still be cat hairs about.

CT

Loweeel

I'm also going to revise the wines I'm bringing, to fit better with the theme. I'll swing by with the Crios de Susana Balbo 2007 Torrontes (as it's a grape that something completely different for us!) and a Bogle '05 PS Port, along with the Mandolina PG and Toccata that CJ ordered.

I may be +1, if that's ok (I should know this week), and I reserve the right to bring more wines . I'll still try to bring some outside the US PS if I can pick it up at the WL party this weekend.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

hershelk

Loweeel wrote:I'm also going to revise the wines I'm bringing, to fit better with the theme. I'll swing by with the Crios de Susana Balbo 2007 Torrontes (as it's a grape that something completely different for us!) and a Bogle '05 PS Port, along with the Mandolina PG and Toccata that CJ ordered.

I may be +1, if that's ok (I should know this week), and I reserve the right to bring more wines . I'll still try to bring some outside the US PS if I can pick it up at the WL party this weekend.

The more the merrier. I wasl also planning on having a Torrontes there, but maybe I'll revise if you are bringing one you like.

CT

cjsiege

hershelk wrote:I went to give advanced warning that I have two cats in case anyone is allergic. I can lock them away in kitty jail for the evening if needed, but there will still be cat hairs about.

Plz no put teh kittehs in teh jail! K Thx!