+ Add a Comment

thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314

We said about 2 months til the next one. So let's pick a date, style, etc.,

Maybe several last minute drop outs can also grace us with their presence...

rpm

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
thatguy314 wrote:We said about 2 months til the next one. So let's pick a date, style, etc.,

I'm having some surgery at the end of February, so it will be probably at least April before I will be available.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

mozart23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozart23
thatguy314 wrote:We said about 2 months til the next one. So let's pick a date, style, etc.,

I'm going to be back in NY middle-May for my sis's wedding...not sure how much free time I have, but if I'm available, I would love to come join you guys.

rpm

mozart23 wrote:I'm going to be back in NY middle-May for my sis's wedding...not sure how much free time I have, but if I'm available, I would love to come join you guys.

Mid-may ought to work for me.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
rpm wrote:I'm having some surgery at the end of February, so it will be probably at least April before I will be available.

What kind of surgery? Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

signed.

thatguy314

canonizer wrote:What kind of surgery? Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Agreed.

We thought about every 2 months.... I think we could do a late March then do it again by May.

rpm

canonizer wrote:What kind of surgery? Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Hernia - 2nd one - Thanks.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

rpm

thatguy314 wrote:Agreed.

We thought about every 2 months.... I think we could do a late March then do it again by May.

Well, I'd probably miss the March tasting, then.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

thatguy314

rpm wrote:Well, I'd probably miss the March tasting, then.

Not that we don't want you there. Just I'd like to think that we could get this to be a regular thing more often than once every five or six months.

thatguy314

rpm wrote:Hernia - 2nd one - Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

bummer, i'm sure wine'll be included in the recovery period.

signed.

Cesare

quality posts: 1562 Private Messages Cesare
rpm wrote:I'm having some surgery at the end of February, so it will be probably at least April before I will be available.

Hey we'll be surgery buddies! I'm going in on Feb 20th for something minor, you could almost call it cosmetic.
Hope it goes ok and get better soon so you can help us taste some wine!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

thatguy314

Bump.

Anyone have a problem with the weekend of march 14? 3.5 weeks from now?

Also, last time everyone tentatively discussed the idea of throwing $5 into a pot to get 2 bottles of wine to give out for what we decide was best bottle of the night and best QPR. Do we still like that idea?

bmckenna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmckenna
thatguy314 wrote:Agreed.

Sounds good to me...unfortunately I won't know my schedule until probably a week or two before. The 14th should be ok but I think the weekend after will be no good.

I was born with bilateral congenital inguinal herniae. Got them taken care of when I was 7 (and got a Nintendo out of the deal to ease my recovery). I wish you a speedy recovery.

thatguy314 wrote:Also, last time everyone tentatively discussed the idea of throwing $5 into a pot to get 2 bottles of wine to give out for what we decide was best bottle of the night and best QPR. Do we still like that idea?

Works for me...10 people show up that means 2x$25 bottles of wine to give out as prizes. Not too shabby.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
thatguy314 wrote:Bump.

Anyone have a problem with the weekend of march 14? 3.5 weeks from now?

Also, last time everyone tentatively discussed the idea of throwing $5 into a pot to get 2 bottles of wine to give out for what we decide was best bottle of the night and best QPR. Do we still like that idea?

We did? I really don't remember that discussion, but I suppose it sounds good to me as well. What's 5 bucks here and there...

As for March 14th, I suppose it might be ok. I'm saying that without looking at any calendars or schedules or having any clue what I might be doing that month. I'll know more a bit later, of course.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

thatguy314

I found a cache of Wolftrap '05 recently. Methinks at one of these (March or May) we should do a wolftrap minivertical duo.

HitAnyKey42

thatguy314 wrote:I found a cache of Wolftrap '05 recently. Methinks at one of these (March or May) we should do a wolftrap minivertical duo.

I still got a few bottles of the '06 Wolftrap, so if you pop open the '05 I'll bring the '06 so you don't have to open both. I'd of course bring something else as well once we start making choices.

I'm almost 90% sure I'm going to plan on flying out to Chicago for the April 12th CWWT so that'll be yet another tasting I'll be having to pick a bottle for.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

I don't want to commit to it, but the chances are better this time than later (yes, I'll basically be up in NJ every other weekend in march -- family weekend #1, this for weekend #3, wl party on weekend #5). Saturday is a lot better than Friday because it means that I don't have to take a day off from work.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I'm almost 90% sure I'm going to plan on flying out to Chicago for the April 12th CWWT...

AWESOMENESS!!!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

thatguy314

Everyone who is interested please post your availability.

fdiaz01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fdiaz01

The weekend of March 15th sounds good to me. Looking forward to tasting some exciting stuff

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Mid march sounds good to me, just around my bday.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

Cesare

I can't do Friday the 14th but I'm in for the 15th.
Will it be at the same place again or will it rotate somewhere else?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bmckenna

The weekend of the 21st I have something going on either Friday night or Saturday night, not 100% sure yet, but everything else will probably be ok, asides from moving to a new house sometime around the 15th. But, to be honest, I wouldn't mind getting out of the house on that day, since we're not actually being FORCED to move everything in on that day =).

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

I may be able to join you guys. Remind me: where will you be meeting? Somewhere in Manahattan? If I'm able to come, I'll be taking the Metro North from Connecticut. Thanks. David

thatguy314

Probably thinking of my place again (Bronx, not too far from a metro north stop) unless someone else would prefer to host?

Loweeel

thatguy314 wrote:Probably thinking of my place again (Bronx, not too far from a metro north stop) unless someone else would prefer to host?

Somebody please do. Getting to the Bronx from Jersey is a big pain in the ass . Manhattan would be best, but beggars can't be choozerz.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

bmckenna

Loweeel wrote:Somebody please do. Getting to the Bronx from Jersey is a big pain in the ass . Manhattan would be best, but beggars can't be choozerz.

Actually, from where I'm at, it took less time to get to thatguy's place than it generally does for me to get to midtown Manhattan. It's like 3 minutes off the highway, for chrissakes =P.

Unfortunately, as we're moving into the new place right around then, I won't be able to host. Perhaps next time (so I hope.)

bmckenna

I'll take this double-post space to ask anyone if they know of a good "wine-bar" in north NJ...doesn't have to be a wine-bar per se, whatever exactly that is, but a place with an extensive wine cellar and good to excellent food.

nematic

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nematic

Sadly, on the 15th I will be heading back from New Orleans. Reminds me, need to see if there are any w.w'ers in the big easy

HitAnyKey42

You can count me in. This time I'll probably be crashing on your couch for a bit before driving home I think.

Maybe since it's a Sat night, instead of a Fri night (when people had to wait to head out until they were done with work) we might be able to bump up the time a tiny bit more. Maybe making it at 7 or so?

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Loweeel

HitAnyKey42 wrote:You can count me in. This time I'll probably be crashing on your couch for a bit before driving home I think.

Maybe since it's a Sat night, instead of a Fri night (when people had to wait to head out until they were done with work) we might be able to bump up the time a tiny bit more. Maybe making it at 7 or so?

I think if it's a Saturday, 5:30 or 6 is probably even good.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

bmckenna

Loweeel wrote:I think if it's a Saturday, 5:30 or 6 is probably even good.

Agreed.

thatguy314

If it's that early, perhaps there should be more food than just cheese/crackers?

Cesare

thatguy314 wrote:If it's that early, perhaps there should be more food than just cheese/crackers?

Take a look at the Chicago thread, they had ropa vieja, 6 kinds of cheese and chocolates! 6pm sounds good even if it is around dinnertime. Maybe just some appetizer type bites and cheese should be enough. If we all have a big (late) lunch we should be ok I think.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Loweeel

Cesare wrote:Take a look at the Chicago thread, they had ropa vieja, 6 kinds of cheese and chocolates! 6pm sounds good even if it is around dinnertime. Maybe just some appetizer type bites and cheese should be enough. If we all have a big (late) lunch we should be ok I think.

His kitchen is pretty small, and there's barely enough room for the wine. It's a studio apartment. I think that would be easier if we had it somewhere else.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

Cesare

Loweeel wrote:His kitchen is pretty small, and there's barely enough room for the wine. It's a studio apartment. I think that would be easier if we had it somewhere else.

I was going offer to have it at my house in Queens for the next one in May. With the warmer weather I could bbq something and there would be extra room for people to hang out on the porch and yard. I'm in a nice part of Queens near the subway, Lirr and highways.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:I was going offer to have it at my house in Queens for the next one in May. With the warmer weather I could bbq something and there would be extra room for people to hang out on the porch and yard. I'm in a nice part of Queens near the subway, Lirr and highways.

I know Queens would certainly be easier for me. So personally I vote for that.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

Hi All...we are fairly new to wine woot but longtime drinkers. We would love to be included in the tasting and possibly host on the UWS.

thatguy314

Krugsters wrote:Hi All...we are fairly new to wine woot but longtime drinkers. We would love to be included in the tasting and possibly host on the UWS.

Nice to meet you Krugsters. Welcome to woot!