quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Chaucer's Dessert Wine Four-Pack
$44.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Sweet
product(s):
2 Chaucer's Olallieberry Wine (500 mL)
2 Chaucer's Pomegranate Wine (500 mL)

CellarTracker links above. Note these are links to the "N.V." versions of these wines since none is listed in the description or visible on the bottle. These links may change if the winery shows up & provides specific vintage information.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Winery Website

The recipes look tasty.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

a little forum hick up there. think we are good now.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Way to go SB and kolen for correctly guessing this week's offer (first half anyway -- Ooooh!)

CT | | | | | |

lukeduff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lukeduff
Winedavid39 wrote:a little forum hick up there. think we are good now.

Did the little forum hick play banjo and wear overalls?

BC4L!

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

this is the same group that does the mead?

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

tarheel17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tarheel17

Did you catch him? The hick?

Interested in the pomegranate...but I don't think I need 4 bottles of dessert wine. Sort of on the fence on this one...

Twisted Oak Tempranillo, Roessler Blue Jay, K Vintners, Corison Kronos (x3), Twisted Oak (x2), Substance, Corison, PoiZin, Lange (x2), Three Rivers

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

Corrado, are you sure that your CT link (to the non-vintage) is correct? The Olallieberry was harvested in Oct '06, and CT says that you should drink the NV between '04 and '05.

Also, is there a vintage for the pomegranate or is it NV as well?

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:this is the same group that does the mead?

Yes. Raspberry mead too, which I'm interested in trying.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:this is the same group that does the mead?

Yes, sure is. I bought the Mead and Raspberry in the woot off and loved them both. I'm really looking forward to tasting the Pomegranate! yum!

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

Ooooo, Is this heaven?

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

mathgrrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mathgrrl

I'm in for one. Lab rat, maybe?

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

I think it was the codeslaves suggesting that wine.woot has 'jumped the shark' by offering dessert wine (the thread was first observed over @ SELLOUT.woot.com)

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Corrado wrote:I think it was the codeslaves suggesting that wine.woot has 'jumped the shark' by offering dessert wine (the thread was first observed over @ SELLOUT.woot.com)

That's just low...

CT | | | | | |

ilikepopcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilikepopcorn

Funny, I have a recipe for homemade fruit wine that an old professor of mine gave to me. He got it from his grandfather and it works quite well in making sweet homemade country fruit wine out of any fermentable fruit. Anyway, when I was doing my grocery shopping about a month ago, I saw the pomegranates and wondered if they would make a good wine, seeing as I had never seen Pomegranate wine before... Now I get my answer! And I'm sure the Chaucer version is much better than anything I could cook up!

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Loweeel wrote:Corrado, are you sure that your CT link (to the non-vintage) is correct? The Olallieberry was harvested in Oct '06, and CT says that you should drink the NV between '04 and '05.

Also, is there a vintage for the pomegranate or is it NV as well?

Not entirely, but there is no vintage I could see on the bottles or in the description. I know in some cases, CT users will put in the year they BOUGHT the wine. The drinking window on NV wines is a known shortcoming in CellarTracker; there really shouldn't be one.

conroo

I want to order this one, but where is the PayPal option?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

lukeduff wrote:Did the little forum hick play banjo and wear overalls?

and i'm not even drinking..

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Ever try to eat a pomegranate? Then you’ll know why we prefer to get our pom on in liquid form.

First time I read that the "m" in pom looked an awful lot like "rn" (which gave that sentence an entirely different meaning). Either time for an eye exam, time to go to a more 'grampa' resolution on the monitor, or time to lay off the Wellington.

(...okay, that's right-click, properties, Settings tab...)

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
lukeduff wrote:Did the little forum hick play banjo and wear overalls?

I did hear some banjo music. And some squealing.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Corrado wrote:First time I read that the "m" in pom looked an awful lot like "rn" (which gave that sentence an entirely different meaning). Either time for an eye exam, time to go to a more 'grampa' resolution on the monitor, or time to lay off the Wellington.

Deprived? ^_~

Now every time I see Pom in the grocery store I'm going to be doomed to think of that. Thanks. :-P

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
Gatzby wrote:I did hear some banjo music. And some squealing.

Oh my gosh, Gatzby. That's just wrong. But I'm laughing anyway.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

whynotus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whynotus

please fix paypal ASAP so I can buy this as well as today's shirt.woot...... i'm on the fence about the shirt and know I probably won't want it in the morning.....i want to spend money, WD! :-p

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
nallie wrote:Oh my gosh, Gatzby. That's just wrong. But I'm laughing anyway.

I"m here to help!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

As a complete n00b to dessert wines, could someone enlighten me? Should these be served chilled? Obviously refrigerated after opening (the website says), but what's ideal for a dessert wine, or does it matter based on fruit flavor and RS?

thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314

I had both the regular mead and the raspberry mead. I thought the raspberry was too fruity, too sweet, and somewhat cloying. It tasted like raspberry syrup, but it certainly was far from the worst dessert wine I've ever had, but I don't have a huge sweet tooth.

On the other hand, the regular mead was a truly excellent dessert wine. It was sweet without being overwhelming, it really let the honey speak for itself. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

As for these, never had them, but I honestly perked up when the page loaded. Account balance will likely be the determining factor in this purchase.

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

Where's the feet? is this? When i think dessert wine this is the farthest from my mind.

bmckenna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmckenna

My roommate made a pomegranate wine a long time ago that turned out quite nice, but was definitely not sweet enough to be a dessert wine...and needed to be aged about a year before it stopped tasting like jet fuel.

The olallieberry or whatever it is sounds very tasty, and I'll probably order some in the morning.

It's my birthday today, and my dad gave me two 2001 Brunello and what looks like a decent bottle of port, so I'm ecstatic :D.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
thatguy314 wrote:I had both the regular mead and the rasperry mead. I thought the rasperry was too fruity, too sweet, and somewhat cloying. It tasted like rasperry syrup, but it certainly was far from the worst desert wine I've ever had, but I don't have a huge sweet tooth.

On the other hand, the regular mead was a truly excellent desert wine. It was sweet without being overwhelming, it really let the honey speak for itself. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

As for the regular wines, never had them, but I honestly perked up when I saw it light up. Account balance will likely be the determining factor in this purchase.

Your poor orthography is an embarrassment to our genes and upbringing

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314
Loweeel wrote:Your poor orthography is an embarrassment to our genes and upbringing

My brother Loweeel is the nicest guy. But after meeting him you'd never know it.

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
bmckenna wrote:My roommate made a pomegranate wine a long time ago that turned out quite nice, but was definitely not sweet enough to be a dessert wine...and needed to be aged about a year before it stopped tasting like jet fuel.

The olallieberry or whatever it is sounds very tasty, and I'll probably order some in the morning.

It's my birthday today, and my dad gave me two 2001 Brunello and what looks like a decent bottle of port, so I'm ecstatic :D.

i had wheat wine from Rubicon the other night. GAG jet fuel.

ilikepopcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilikepopcorn

So how 'bout this being only a two-day wine woot?! I guess that means Lab Rats are an impossability. Any ideas on what might be wooted come wednesday?

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie

I find it troubling that after well over an hour, the mods have only found one quality post among this veritable plethora of wisdom...

Quality posts:
(12:19 AM) superspryte checks out the winery website.

Seriously guys, just the one? We must be reading different forums; that's all I have to say about that. Because from where I sit there have been several genius posts. Nonetheless, congrats to superspryte and thanks for keeping us from a null on the quality post quotient. Although since the roomba has like a dozen quality posts, I have to assume we are being graded on a curve...

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

blink1822

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blink1822

Can this wine be purchased by those under 21 year of age? It doesn't have any restrictions in the description or anywhere on the main page.

conroo

whynotus wrote:please fix paypal ASAP so I can buy this as well as today's shirt.woot...... i'm on the fence about the shirt and know I probably won't want it in the morning.....i want to spend money, WD! :-p

Use PayPal's virtual credit card. Worked like a charm. Thank you PayPal.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

blink1822 wrote:Can this wine be purchased by those under 21 year of age? It doesn't have any restrictions in the description or anywhere on the main page.

Silly, can wine ever be purchased by those underage? Sorry, but no, since it's not legal for them to be in possession. ^_~

duckduckgoose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages duckduckgoose

The Olallieberry Wine is very good....not as sweet as some may expect. Bargetto's has a pretty good reputation for their fruit (and grape) wines. The Pomegranate wine, I believe is new this year (or more accurately, they haven't made Pomegranate wine for a while)).

EyeBright

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EyeBright

What's an "Olallieberry"?

edit:
nevermind
It helps to read the description.

Zambini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zambini

Cool, that's grown right down highway 1 from me, about 10 minutes :P