4%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality posts:

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

How do these Zin’s compare to zin’s from Ridge? I’m pretty new to Zin’s and I really like the ones I’ve had from Ridge, they tend to be sweeter and fuller body. I had.. some other brand in Sonoma last night, and it was so no thanks! (2005 Puccioni (Old Vine) Zinfandel )

And how do these fare from the last offering? (easy to compare with all the notes readily available!)

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Armida Winery Poizin Trio
$52.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Poizinous
product(s): 3 Armida Winery 2006 Poizin Sonoma County Zinfandel

Link above is to CT. Check out the special Side Deal!

...and my guess for speed to first sucker of 4.321 seconds was pretty damn fine (if I do say so myself):

First sucker: joelsisk
Speed to first woot: 0m 4.390s

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

Looks great this week. Seen it before. What did people think last time?

mozart23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozart23
clayfu wrote:How do these Zin’s compare to zin’s from Ridge? I’m pretty new to Zin’s and I really like the ones I’ve had from Ridge, they tend to be sweeter and fuller body. I had.. some other brand in Sonoma last night, and it was so no thanks!

clay, which Ridge zin's have you had? they make a wide variety of zins

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

in for 1

michelleshari

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michelleshari

Armida Winery Poizin Trio
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Guess I don't need to buy - my hubbie made first sucker. :-)

Check out our cellar

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Last wooter to woot: damightyanteater

Aww man!!

I really was trying first sucker tonight!!!!

Oh well - Come on labrat!!!

Labrat

labrat

labrat

STOP!

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

amorilvryce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amorilvryce

not missing out on this this time... in for one...

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie

It's big; it's jammy; it's delicious. Goes wonderfully with hearty fall food. In for three.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

mozart23

michelleshari wrote:Armida Winery Poizin Trio
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Guess I don't need to buy - my hubbie made first sucker. :-)

wow, that came close to the 4.321 sec guess Corrado had

jenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenmonkey

Whoo hoo!! In for 3 bay-bee!

p.s. Thanks Corr! ;)

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

in for 3 units of 3....but what happened to the reserve Poizin with 2 glasses set predicted?

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

mrkrispy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrkrispy

I got a batch of these when Woot first offered them. They needed a little time in the bottle, they were still a bit harsh.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

jaykid007 wrote:Looks great this week. Seen it before. What did people think last time?

Opened one tonight in preparation. NOTE: Review below is for the 2005 Poizin.

88/100
COLOR: 5/5 - Dark, blood red, borderline purple at the edges.
NOSE: 11/15 - Little bit of heat coming through, but the explosion of raspberry cannot be denied. Very jammy with a bit of oak at the end.
FLAVOR: 8/10 - Lots more raspberry jam with a bit of MacIntosh apple underneath. Strong tannins are supported by the fruit, but again the 15% alcohol starts to come through...
FINISH: 7/10 - ...and is most noticable as a vapory finish that I don't recall from the bottles I've had in the past. The alcohol burns off quickly and the lingering finish is candied blackberry.
POTENTIAL: 3/5 - This is a very well made wine that certainly has the structure to hang around for several years. I suspect the heat is just part of the adolescent phase of this wine that will blow off.
OVERALL: 4/5 - Regardless of the alcohol that's showed up everywhere but the color, this is still a very deep, flavorful wine that disappears very quickly from the bottle and is a very enjoyable wine to drink.

mozart23

smartheart wrote:in for 3 units of 3....but what happened to the reserve Poizin with 2 glasses set predicted?

check out the side deal

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

In for 1. It's 3 of the same and I'm not a Zinfidel... plus I still have my 2 Mill Creek Zins, and 2 Rodney strong old vine zins... I reserve the option to gift myself at a later date

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

jedquist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedquist

Question of the week:
Do they come packaged in a coffin like they show on their website?

https://www.net10.net/ShoppingCart/buy/ProductSummary.asp

If so, I'm totally in!

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

smartheart wrote:in for 3 units of 3....but what happened to the reserve Poizin with 2 glasses set predicted?

Side Deal, holmes.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
mozart23 wrote:wow, that came close to the 4.321 sec guess Corrado had

Yeah, it took me a good half a second to realize that the order form switched after I pushed the "I want 3" button. I'm thinking with enough practice, I should be able to get it under 4 sec easy! ;)

Whoa... and I made BLACK! I'm now officially better than everyone else! and first sucker to boot. The Rockies kicked butt tonight. This is gonna be an awesome week...

shanny1971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanny1971

Last wooter to woot: shanny1971

I lost out last time and was determined not to miss this one. In for two.

Woot Cellars Humbug, Armida Winery Poizin Trio(2),Woot Cellars Polyphemus(2), Hahn Estates Red Quartet, Francis Coppola Red Quartet, Armida 4-Pack Armada, Castoro Cellars Reserve Tempranillo 2005 Trio

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla

Just in time...I was down to one last bottle of Poizin!

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

Loweeel

Oh, crap on a stick! I didn't even read the description before I purchased.

Tell me how much petite is in this... if it's high enough, I'll email RMA and up my order... . Petite Sirah is the magic phrase. If you're not drinking it, folks, you REALLY should be.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

i loved that this has a screw top. It saved my sanity last year during the bathroom remodel. It was perfect for the hotel.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

mozart23

Man o man o man...on the week that I'm out of town too!

I'll just have to ask the mail guy at office real nice to hold it for me until i get back!

In for 2! Now I just need to make space for them...

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

jedquist wrote:Question of the week:
Do they come packaged in a coffin like they show on their website?

https://www.net10.net/ShoppingCart/buy/ProductSummary.asp

If so, I'm totally in!

They do not. Even on the website, the coffin costs beaucoup extra. Go for the Side Deal if you really want one.

...and remember everyone: all the ribs kids are screwin' these days.

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater
joelsisk wrote:Yeah, it took me a good half a second to realize that the order form switched after I pushed the "I want 3" button. I'm thinking with enough practice, I should be able to get it under 4 sec easy! ;)

Whoa... and I made BLACK! I'm now officially better than everyone else! and first sucker to boot. The Rockies kicked butt tonight. This is gonna be an awesome week...

You got me cause I made a rookie mistake and forgot to sign in ahead of time.

Doh!

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
Corrado wrote:Side Deal, holmes.

Thank you, Watson! ;)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
mozart23 wrote:clay, which Ridge zin's have you had? they make a wide variety of zins

lytton springs and Ponzo vineyard.I reallllllllllllllly liked the lytton springs.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Loweeel wrote:Oh, crap on a stick! I didn't even read the description before I purchased.

Tell me how much petite is in this... if it's high enough, I'll email RMA and up my order... . Petite Sirah is the magic phrase. If you're not drinking it, folks, you REALLY should be.

Check the website. I thought I read there that they CASKED in barrels that had previously held Petite Sirah. Sounds like a question for the winemaker though.

EDIT: I read it wrong. Looks like there is actual PS juice in these bad boys.

shh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shh64
Loweeel wrote:Oh, crap on a stick! I didn't even read the description before I purchased.

I am a PS fan - just bought the following last week and can't wait to try it: Girard ‘05 Petite Sirah, Napa Valley; “You’ll need to take the hinges off your door to get this big wine into your house. It is full-bodied with bursting flavors of dark cherry, blueberry and plum. There is a rustic, earthy quality on the nose, with spicy notes of nutmeg, allspice and cocoa.” - Wine Enthusiast, 92 points.

amorilvryce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amorilvryce

I'd have to agree, just got back from Paso Robles an hour ago and we bought up all the petite we could find...

wellercoug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wellercoug

Woo Hoo Poizin!!

I donated my last bottle 2 weeks ago, and I agonized over it, but I wanted to donate something good that wasn't my Tytanium. I truly enjoyed this wine.

mozart23

I second you on the Petite comment...I recently sampled Ridge's 2005 Lytton Springs Zin (77% Zin, 17% Petit Sirah, 6% Carignane) and it was almost heavenly!

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

This is the link to Armida Winery for those who don't have it already. You have to click the "Wines" link to get to info about the product.

I'll be passing this week. This is a good price -- practically "buy two, get one free" -- and the shipping as usual can't be beat, but I have to wootleg which significantly ups the price for me. I know this is available at Total Wine in Claymont (which I'll be driving past on my way to the NoVA Wine.Woot tasting) though, so depending on the labrat and previous buyers comments, I may still be a "soft sale" this week.

Enjoy!

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

torofrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torofrog
clayfu wrote:lytton springs and Ponzo vineyard.I reallllllllllllllly liked the lytton springs.

I have yet to have a bad Lytton Springs. And just to stay on topic, in for three. No bouncing button needed.

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth. -George Burns

mozart23

clayfu wrote:lytton springs and Ponzo vineyard.I reallllllllllllllly liked the lytton springs.

Ahh, yes...that's one of my fav's! You should try some of the 2005 Geyserville, if only for a comparison...the percentages of the Carignane and Petit Sirah are reversed from Lytton Springs and it's amazing how much that changes the characteristics of the wine

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
Corrado wrote:Check the website. I thought I read there that they CASKED in barrels that had previously held Petite Sirah. Sounds like a question for the winemaker though.

I'm not really relishing the chance to correct our beloved hall monitor, but a chatty cathy's gotta do what a chatty cathy's gotta do:

This Sonoma County blend of Zinfandel and Petite Sirah is bold, jammy, and fruit-forward enough to satisfy the mature version of your candy cravings.

Loweeel, email RMA and get more

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

Loweeel

shh64 wrote:I am a PS fan - just bought the following last week and can't wait to try it: Girard ‘05 Petite Sirah, Napa Valley; “You’ll need to take the hinges off your door to get this big wine into your house. It is full-bodied with bursting flavors of dark cherry, blueberry and plum. There is a rustic, earthy quality on the nose, with spicy notes of nutmeg, allspice and cocoa.” - Wine Enthusiast, 92 points.

Well, I'm Mr. Petite Sirah himself . Nice to meet you! I've already converted Polarbear22 to the Blue Tooth Club, and it will be nice to have some other PSychos (yes, I did just come up with that while typing) here. I actually have a bottle of that exact same wine in my cooler, and was thinking about busting that out (among so many other petite sirah choices!) at the NoVA wine.woot gathering next Saturday!

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

I should so not be in on this one, but based on all of the comments on the last Poizin offering, plus the fact that I enjoyed the Mill Creek Zin so much, and I cannot help but be in for two.

And the chance to be a labrat (WD -- since there was no e-mail confirmation, how can we be sure we are on the labrat list?), makes this a quick trigger!

CT | | | | | |