Volunteer Moderator

C & T Cellars Double-Duo
$49.99 + $7.00 shipping

condition: Red & White
product(s):
2 C&T Cellars 2005 Rooftop Red Cabernet Sauvignon
2 C&T Cellars 2006 Skinny Dip Sauvignon Blanc

(hyperlinks are to Cellartracker)

Very little representation in Cellartracker (had to add the Rooftop vintage and the entire Skinny Dip wine).

Winery price is $14 for the SB and $20 for the Cab ($68 before s/h for this woot).

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

thebabyhuey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebabyhuey

double your pleasure...
from C&Ts order form:
2006 Skinny-Dip Sauvignon Blanc 12/750ml $14 / $168
2006 Patio Pinot 12/750ml $22 / $264
2005 Rooftop Red Cabernet 12/750ml $20 / $240

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Now that's a surprise!

And it took me a while to locate the C&T Cellars Website, but I did.

The wines -- with tasting notes in PDF -- are here.

Funny, I was just thinking about Sauvignon Blanc this weekend. Had a very nice and surprisingly full-bodied one with Mongolian food.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

2ndIdentity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2ndIdentity

Well, I didn't last long on this one. In fact, I had to break out my newly aquired 2nd identity.

dwdyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwdyer

What the heck, it's been a while since my last woot, and I'll risk the summer shipping. I'm in for 2.

kevo152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevo152
2ndIdentity wrote:Well, I didn't last long on this one. In fact, I had to break out my newly aquired 2nd identity.

Now the only question is how many sets?...

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

t.

Looks like a batch of two nice Napa Wines. Anyone been to the winery or tried these wines?

In for 1!

tylerwalden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylerwalden

http://ctcellars.com/Summer_Fall_07_CT_Order_Form.pdf

20$ / bottle for the rooftop red, and 14$ / bottle for the skinny-dip sauvignon blanc. 18$ off of retail plus the excellent 7$ shipping price, not a bad deal as always! In for one for sure, maybe two!

Tyler Walden

mozart23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozart23

I wonder what the alcohol content of these wines are. I can't seem to find the info on the sparse website...

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

C & T Cellars Double-Duo
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 1m 59.313s

I was just wondering ...
Who is mill and why is he/she nearly always the first wooter to woot?
Does mill participate in any discussions? Maybe mill is obsessed with being first!

Mill are you out there?

Besides wondering about mill, I'd like to hear some discussion on this double-duo before I am tempted. Bring on the winemaker. epic lulz!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
conroo wrote:C & T Cellars Double-Duo
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 1m 59.313s

I was just wondering ...
Who is mill and why is he/she nearly always the first wooter to woot?
Does mill participate in any discussions? Maybe mill is obsessed with being first!

Mill are you out there?

Besides wondering about mill, I'd like to hear some discussion on this double-duo before I am tempted. Bring on the winemaker. epic lulz!

you gotta love Mill. WD

t0tal151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t0tal151

hmmm not sure about these. need more info

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

madwinemaker

quality posts: 9 Private Messages madwinemaker
iByron wrote:Now that's a surprise!

Funny, I was just thinking about Sauvignon Blanc this weekend. Had a very nice and surprisingly full-bodied one with Mongolian food.

Madwine (with a stolen computer) writes:

Man you were a hard sell! I tried to post back to you but the woot people cut me off at the knees! Thanks for the woot. By the by, it won't be a Meritage party, which I may crash, but a DEAD Gladiator named Maximus! Enjoy!!!

jennykao76

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jennykao76

I also would like to hear from the maker first - website is pretty sparse & no details on their history/winery.... looks tempting but I'll need a little convincing

misterwoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misterwoo

Had to go for it. You gotta love a wine named Skinny Dip. Plus that was one of the greatest write-ups ever. Any idea who "Vincent" really is? Other than a genius, I mean?

BTW, does it trouble anyone other than me that the winemakers misspelled "impromptu" on their home page? Doesn't exactly speak to attention to detail, does it? Just sayin'.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

misterwoo wrote:Had to go for it. You gotta love a wine named Skinny Dip. Plus that was one of the greatest write-ups ever. Any idea who "Vincent" really is? Other than a genius, I mean?

BTW, does it trouble anyone other than me that the winemakers misspelled "impromptu" on their home page? Doesn't exactly speak to attention to detail, does it? Just sayin'.

<FICTIONALIZATION>

Ironically, linguistic interpretation of ancient family winemaking texts almost led to the downfall of this winery before it got off the ground. Due to a horrible oversight in translation, the primary ingredient in the winemaking process was mis-read as 'apes.'

Though they had read about the agricultural challenges of getting a vineyard off the ground, C&T Cellar encounted many issues growing apes in the Napa Valley. Initial yields were much lower than expected. They were fortunate to have acquired a strain of ape that kept themselves relatively parasite free. Sulfur dust applications were an exercise in futility and early attempts to graft the young apes to phylloxera-resistant root stock were a tremendous failure.

Resolutely, they pressed onward, determined to get a product to market on time. It wasn't until their 'first crush' that disaster struck, leaving the production facility in a shambles and the C & T team scratching their heads over what they did wrong.

Vincent was called in to troubleshoot review their process and he was the one who pointed out the typographical error in the original transcription. From that day forward, C&T Cellar has been successfully growing GRAPES and making fine wine in the Napa Valley.

</FICTIONALIZATION>

mozart23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozart23
Corrado wrote:<FICTIONALIZATION>

Ironically, linguistic interpretation of ancient family winemaking texts almost led to the downfall of this winery before it got off the ground. Due to a horrible oversight in translation, the primary ingredient in the winemaking process was mis-read as 'apes.'

Though they had read about the agricultural challenges of getting a vineyard off the ground, C&T Cellar encounted many issues growing apes in the Napa Valley. Initial yields were much lower than expected. They were fortunate to have acquired a strain of ape that kept themselves relatively parasite free. Sulfur dust applications were an exercise in futility and early attempts to graft the young apes to phylloxera-resistant root stock were a tremendous failure.

Resolutely, they pressed onward, determined to get a product to market on time. It wasn't until their 'first crush' that disaster struck, leaving the production facility in a shambles and the C & T team scratching their heads over what they did wrong.

Vincent was called in to troubleshoot review their process and he was the one who pointed out the typographical error in the original transcription. From that day forward, C&T Cellar has been successfully growing GRAPES and making fine wine in the Napa Valley.

</FICTIONALIZATION>

OMG, this made me literally laugh out loud in my office sparking strange looks from my colleagues and further fueling the rumor that I've been keeping a stash of old vine zin hidden somewhere...

conroo

</FICTIONALIZATION>

Grape story, Corrado. Grape story!

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

conroo wrote:Grape story, Corrado. Grape story!

...just monkeying around...

kevo152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevo152
Corrado wrote:...just monkeying around...

The funny story and a one-liner? You're on a streak!

Blackneto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackneto

I think i might buy.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

</FICTIONALIZATION>

Is this what happened to Grape Ape after his show got cancelled?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

misswinegirl

quality posts: 19 Private Messages misswinegirl

In for 3...hopefully the Sauv Blanc is good!!! Can't wait to enjoy it this weekend!

608 bottles wooted and counting...along with every cheese, balsamic, oil and now meat woot!

CTmasterblender

quality posts: 16 Private Messages CTmasterblender

You found the 2006 Pinot - I haven't even put that on my site yet. Updates for the Cab and the Pinot will be up soon. This is a pre-release on the Cab, scheduled for Sept. 1st. Cheers!
Trent

thebabyhuey wrote:double your pleasure...
from C&Ts order form:
2006 Skinny-Dip Sauvignon Blanc 12/750ml $14 / $168
2006 Patio Pinot 12/750ml $22 / $264
2005 Rooftop Red Cabernet 12/750ml $20 / $240

CTmasterblender

Byron - Thanks for posting the site. SB's can be great summer wines - This is my first one under C&T and I'm glad I did it.

Cheers,

Trent

iByron wrote:Now that's a surprise!

iByron

CTmasterblender

dwdyer - Thanks for jumping in, you won't regret it. The C&T wines are a fun project for me, I started them under a different label right out of college, switching it to C&T Cellars 5-6 years ago. My friends right out of college couldn't afford my family's wines, Livingston Moffett, so I started my negotiate label. Enjoy the Vino,

Trent

dwdyer wrote:What the heck, it's been a while since my last woot, and I'll risk the summer shipping. I'm in for 2.

conroo

CTmasterblender wrote:You found the 2006 Pinot - I haven't even put that on my site yet. Updates for the Cab and the Pinot will be up soon. This is a pre-release on the Cab, scheduled for Sept. 1st. Cheers!
Trent

Welcome CTmasterblender! I hope hat you enjoy your journey here in the woot.wine forums. I appears some wood is used during this wine's fermentation process. Can you comment on the decision to use barrels and what type of wood is used?

I quote from your sauv blanc tasting notes:

The wine was made in two different lots. We combined the Oakville and Rutherford fruit and fermented it in barrel to give the wine a little more structure and mouth feel. The second lot, Mount Veeder, we made in stainless steel to preserve the great structure and keep the citrus fruit at the forefront of the wine.

CTmasterblender

How many identities are we talking about...? Thank for the confidence and enjoy the wine.

Trent

2ndIdentity wrote:Well, I didn't last long on this one. In fact, I had to break out my newly aquired 2nd identity.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Thanks for jumping on board Trent. Trent Moffet everyone. This guy has wine flowing through his veins.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

CTmasterblender wrote:You found the 2006 Pinot - I haven't even put that on my site yet. Updates for the Cab and the Pinot will be up soon. This is a pre-release on the Cab, scheduled for Sept. 1st. Cheers!
Trent

Howdy, Trent, welcome to the forum!

I was wondering how you and wine.woot happened to cross paths. Did you hunt them down or did they approach you?

mluker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mluker

Anyone tried this wine?

CTmasterblender

I like the interaction! The quote on the wine is for the Sauvignon Blanc. True a lot of people enjoy the all stainless steal style of SB, but my preference is for the wine to have a little more body or texture. The different lots I got allowed for this style to be made. The SB characteristics of bright acidity and citrus fruit are still in the wine, the stirring of the lees in the oak fermentation allows for a little more texture in the mid palate. Being a négociant label, I blend to my palate which is a little different then working with different vineyards like I do with Livingston Moffett and Moffett Vineyards.uote postid="1500543" user="conroo"][/quote]

aces219

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aces219

Ooh, I do enjoy that kind of sauv blanc. It's freezing here so I'm not much in the mood for white wine, but you might talk me into it later this week.

CTmasterblender

David had visited my Family's Winery years ago and called me up to see if I was interested in working together. C&T Cellars seemed like a nice fit. I really liked the idea of reaching so many people also.

Corrado wrote:Howdy, Trent, welcome to the forum!

I was wondering how you and wine.woot happened to cross paths. Did you hunt them down or did they approach you?

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Ironically, linguistic interpretation of ancient family winemaking texts almost led to the downfall of this winery before it got off the ground. Due to a horrible oversight in translation, the primary ingredient in the winemaking process was mis-read as 'apes.'...

Heh. Could have been seagulls!

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

carolynanh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carolynanh
CTmasterblender wrote:David had visited my Family's Winery years ago and called me up to see if I was interested in working together. C&T Cellars seemed like a nice fit. I really liked the idea of reaching so many people also.

I'm assuming you mean Livingston Moffett?

what made you go off on your own?

CTmasterblender

I still run Livingston Moffett, C&T is named after my wife and me (Colleen and Trent). It’s a second label I start with the 1993 vintage (then called H. W. Helms named after the person who built the old “ghost” winery on Cabernet Lane). After many years of explaining the story, I changed it to C&T Cellars with the 2000 vintage.

carolynanh wrote:I'm assuming you mean Livingston Moffett?

what made you go off on your own?

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

</FICTIONALIZATION>

OMG.... I cackled. It IS your fault.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!