LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
bardolator wrote:Just went to open a bottle of the Roessler, and the cork was pushed just slightly above the neck. Man. That's the second shipment that's been damaged; I don't even want to think about my Ty Catons. Missed the UPS guy yesterday and will pick up after school Monday. I was only charged $5 for shipping, so I'm assuming there were no ketchup packets along for the ride.

My Ty's came on a Friday, the same day as the K wines. Ty's had about ten tiny(really warm) ketchup packets. K wines had not a one. Keeping my fingers crossed they'll taste okay when we open them as I don't think they had to sit in an overheated warehouse over the weekend.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

Yeah, unfortunately, every one of the Tys was cooked. Corks pushed up and leakage down the sides of all three bottles. Woot has already refunded me for the Ty and the Roessler both, though--awesome customer service.

But I'm disappointed. I'd heard such wonderful things about both wines. Wonder if Total Wine has either one.

houtx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages houtx

I had a cork pop out of a recent Wellington Zinfandel, but only 1 of 8. Should I be concerned that the balance are also waste?

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
houtx wrote:
I had a cork pop out of a recent Wellington Zinfandel, but only 1 of 8. Should I be concerned that the balance are also waste?

In my opinion, if it got hot enough to force the cork up on one bottle, it affected all of them. I'd contact Woot!

But I would still try them over the next few days. Cooked wine might be ruined, or it might just have been damaged but still drinkable. At the very least, you'll learn a bit more about what cooked wine tastes like.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
yumitori wrote:In my opinion, if it got hot enough to force the cork up on one bottle, it affected all of them. I'd contact Woot!

But I would still try them over the next few days. Cooked wine might be ruined, or it might just have been damaged but still drinkable. At the very least, you'll learn a bit more about what cooked wine tastes like.

I agree. If it was hot enough to kill one, the others sat in the same heat.

Edit: Just did a little experiment, kind of on your behalf. Well, not Yumitori but you, Houtx. One of the three of my Ty bottles was obviously cooked. Leaking, soaked, pink cork, etc. The other two seemed ok. I just opened both of them. Both smelled horrible and tasted flat and vinegary. So, the moral of the story is that if one is cooked, the rest in the box are too. Obviously, this was completely unscientific and I don't have a good bottle of Ty to compare to, but I know Ty and I know his wine is amazing. This ends your episode of Kyle Rye (cause I'm Jewish. Get it?) the Science Guy.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mbwjr69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbwjr69

I just got my wine today in Fort Worth TX area. There were no ketchup packets at all and the wine was actually HOT to the touch. It is the Helix Pomatia Three Pack. I am curious why when it has been 100+ for the last 5 days in TX why there were no ketchup packs?

The bottles look fine but i bet that when i open one they will be cooked..

Will post when i do open one and let everyone know.

Mike.

bardolator

I really, really want the Wellington Victory. Apparently, though, summer shipping has ended--and it's still in the nineties here.

Suggestions?

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
bardolator wrote:I really, really want the Wellington Victory. Apparently, though, summer shipping has ended--and it's still in the nineties here.

Suggestions?

Wootlegger?

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

bardolator

CpprCr8 wrote:Wootlegger?

I'm in south Florida, so it'll be quite a drive to get to someone far enough north to be out of the danger zone.

(I really, really wish summer shipping would be an option...like paying for shipping on otherwise SmartPosted items is an option.)

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
bardolator wrote:I'm in south Florida, so it'll be quite a drive to get to someone far enough north to be out of the danger zone.

(I really, really wish summer shipping would be an option...like paying for shipping on otherwise SmartPosted items is an option.)

Out of town family who will promise to keep the box in the bottom of a cool closet for a few months?

I'm tryin', man!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

bardolator

CpprCr8 wrote:Out of town family who will promise to keep the box in the bottom of a cool closet for a few months?

I'm tryin', man!

I know, and I appreciate it! But they're teetotalers.

Blast. I was hoping for a response from someone officially Woot. Guess I could call customer service and see what, if anything, they recommend.

EDIT: Heard back--

To the best of my knowledge, summer shipping has not been concluded yet.

Evan

I crossed my fingers and ordered.