webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511
luisifer777 wrote:hahaha so then is a 2007. that sounds right

Just had some of Peter's 2007 Sryah this week and it was awesome. Auto buy!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
mschauber wrote:Very happy to hear that. It's my plan to open one up tomorrow for a date. Did you decant or aerate it?

decanted

crystalinfire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crystalinfire

Is this stuff shipped fedex also?

groundeeoso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages groundeeoso
crystalinfire wrote:Is this stuff shipped fedex also?

I was going to ask the same thing - I received a mystery Fedex slip on my door yesterday - when I looked up the door tag number it says it was shipped Fedex 2-day express from Memphis. Also requires a signature, so I'll have to go down to the facility to pick it up and see what it is.

The tracking also says it's part of a multi-piece shipment, anyone know what that means?

My account doesn't say this has shipped yet, which is why I'm doubting this mystery package is my yummy balsamic.

Hollercaust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hollercaust

Woop woop, shipping FedEx today \o/

Also I was going to say, for those of you jonesing for lemon/orange olive oil to have with this, you can always make your own. Just zest a lemon or orange into a jar of olive oil and leave it for a couple weeks, strain it, and you're set.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Got mine Balsamic today, now what to try it on first

samira

quality posts: 14 Private Messages samira

Mine came today, shipped smartpost, got left out in the rain...When I opened the box, the bottles had come loose in the packaging and the packaging was slightly damaged, not sure whether it was in the packing process or what. Not what I would expect for something that cost $75. Most of the wines I have purchased have been very well packed, and they did not cost this much.
The stuff tastes really good though. Glad I got some. One will make a nice gift even with packaging messed up...

nguyen8136

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nguyen8136

Received my balsamic today.
Didn't like the taste.

buzz...

michaepf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf

I received and enjoyed our first taste of this yesterday, but I was perplexed to find that I couldn't remove the spout from the bottle.

Is it OK to leave uncorked like that? If not, any tips on getting the spout out from the neck?

[Edit: On a more general note, why do "gourmet" food producers never include storage or other instructions with their products? It's as if making one's products inaccessible were a point of pride...]

[Edit the second: I was able to get the spout out this morning. Just needed some elbow grease!]

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

rld513

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rld513

Mine was just delivered to my desk. I had to try it, this is my first order of the much-raved about stuff. Yep, it lives up to the hype!

ETA:
I can't wait to make a lovely caprese salad with it.

PoAng

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng
nguyen8136 wrote:Received my balsamic today.
Didn't like the taste.

I'll take it off your hands...let me know.

PoAng

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng

Received my Balsamic today...AMAZING!!

If anyone does not care for the taste and ordered more than one let me know. I'll take it off your hands...

alkaloid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alkaloid

Received my two bottles today (mine also fell out of the packaging) and I immediately tried it on the nearest foodstuff, in this case - nachos!

I am stunned by the incredible complexity this balsamic adds to everything on which I tried it this evening. Ice cream, strawberries, the aforementioned nachos were all made even better with this sauce! If it comes across wine.woot again, count me in!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

My first reaction was surprise, as I couldn't believe how small the bottle was. I knew that it was 250ml, but the bottle is tiny.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Hippster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hippster

FedEx SmartPost ARGH!!!!! The USPS lost my package. It arrived in Wichita several days ago and was claimed to have been delivered 2 days ago... in a different zip code than I live. After going through 1-800 hell trying to get a live person at the post office they opened a case to try and find it. Sigh.

I REALLY WISH WOOT WOULD LET US PAY MORE FOR NON-SMARTPOST SERVICE. SMARTPOST IS CRAPPY!

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
samira wrote:Mine came today, shipped smartpost, got left out in the rain...When I opened the box, the bottles had come loose in the packaging and the packaging was slightly damaged, not sure whether it was in the packing process or what. Not what I would expect for something that cost $75. Most of the wines I have purchased have been very well packed, and they did not cost this much.
The stuff tastes really good though. Glad I got some. One will make a nice gift even with packaging messed up...

You can have my empty box if you want it. How much can it cost to mail an empty box anyway? (You don't live in Iceland or anything like that, do you?) Just send me a PM if you want it for your gift.

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
Hippster wrote:FedEx SmartPost ARGH!!!!! The USPS lost my package. It arrived in Wichita several days ago and was claimed to have been delivered 2 days ago... in a different zip code than I live. After going through 1-800 hell trying to get a live person at the post office they opened a case to try and find it. Sigh.

I REALLY WISH WOOT WOULD LET US PAY MORE FOR NON-SMARTPOST SERVICE. SMARTPOST IS CRAPPY!

Yikes. Sorry about that. Email us at service@woot.com, and we'll give you some options.

chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy

Mine came today. Worth the wait.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
samira wrote:Mine came today, shipped smartpost, got left out in the rain...When I opened the box, the bottles had come loose in the packaging and the packaging was slightly damaged, not sure whether it was in the packing process or what. Not what I would expect for something that cost $75. Most of the wines I have purchased have been very well packed, and they did not cost this much.

My bottles also came loose and also resulted in slight damage to the inner packaging. It's because the Balsamic boxes were put into the shipping boxes upside down, causing the bottles to fall out of place under their own weight.

ktkwon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktkwon

Since someone upthread asked for a comparison with another quality balsamic (as opposed to the supermarket stuff) I thought I'd give my opinion tasting it straight and compared to Zingerman's eight year aged balsamic.

Zingerman's has been my go-to vinegar for a few years now. The 250 mL bottle costs $28, plus shipping (I get friends from Ann Arbor to bring me some when they visit.) It's not nearly as thick as the Cavedoni and has a darker color. It is much more acidic on the palate - if you take too big a sip the fumes can irritate a little. After the big acid hit, there's fruit and caramel notes.

The Cavedoni is much more syrupy. There is not nearly as much up-front acid - it's softer and sweeter. Initially I thought there was less depth of flavor, but it opens up on the palate and is quite lush. This mixes beautifully with olive oil and makes a plain spinach salad quite special. I think it is better than the Zingerman's for food. I enjoyed the Zingerman's more when tasting straight off a teaspoon.

At retail prices, I would probably stay with Zingerman's, but I will definitely buy the Cavedoni whenever it comes up on woot.

Hippster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hippster
kkshields wrote:Yikes. Sorry about that. Email us at service@woot.com, and we'll give you some options.

The USPS managed to find my package and it arrived today! Supposedly a bunch of smartpost packages were stuck in the corner by a lazy worker and all marked as delivered! Finally someone else wondered what they were and got them all out the door!

abba92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abba92
sluttylimeade wrote:This stuff is incredible. I still have one full bottle(and about half of another) leftover from the last offering, so I might wait until they sell it again around Christmas.

If you're on the fence, just buy it.

I agree - awesome stuff. I detest vinegar but this is closer to syrup. Skeee-rumptious

James Edward Young