jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes.

Has this winery been on wine woot before today?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jmdavidson wrote:Has this winery been on wine woot before today?

No, not that I found via google over there ---->

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma

Is it a 2007 vintage?

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Common red Rhone varietals are syrah, Grenache, mourvedre, carignan, petite sirah, and cinsault. There are other lesser known as well.

ThunderThighs

Staff

trifecta wrote:Common red Rhone varietals are syrah, Grenache, mourvedre, carignan, petite sirah, and cinsault. There are other lesser known as well.

Thanks! None of those listed.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

stratma wrote:Is it a 2007 vintage?

One is....

Ohhhhhh

How about this.... the label background is black. Dunno if that helps or not.

FORUM MODERATOR

stratma

is it from Paso Robles?

trifecta

I am sensing a vertical....

Is that true?

ThunderThighs

Staff

stratma wrote:is it from Paso Robles?

That is one of the places listed for the winery. And I see it listed on one of the bottles.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

trifecta wrote:I am sensing a vertical....

Is that true?

I KNOW THAT TERM!!!!

No. At least I wouldn't call it that from a novice point of view.

FORUM MODERATOR

sdfreedive

quality posts: 25 Private Messages sdfreedive

Black tie?

ThunderThighs

Staff

sdfreedive wrote:Black tie?

No icon.

FORUM MODERATOR

stratma

If they have not been sold here before that rules out Summerland ):

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
ThunderThighs wrote:I KNOW THAT TERM!!!!

No. At least I wouldn't call it that from a novice point of view.

Is it a horizontal? (Two wines, same winery, same vintage, different vineyards.)

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Is it a horizontal? (Two wines, same winery, same vintage, different vineyards.)

(Good explanation there!)

no

or

yes
yes
no
probably not

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

I will say that the first and last names of this family (including ancestors) & winery are unusual enough that I can't give you a hint for them.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

From what I have read:

Family immigrated from Italy in the early 1900s and has produced wine before and since.

They have their own vineyard.

FORUM MODERATOR

trifecta

Rotta?

ThunderThighs

Staff

trifecta wrote:Rotta?

Nope

Rhyme with (I think)

FORUM MODERATOR

sfabian37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfabian37
ThunderThighs wrote:Nope

Rhyme with (I think)

Gary Busey???? Hmmmm:\

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

J Dusi Wines??

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I sense a variety pack up at 10:01 PT from J Dusi Wines

Wines Produced:

Syrah
Zinfandel
Late Harvest Zinfandel
Pinot Gris
Port

ThunderThighs

Staff

karenhynes wrote:J Dusi Wines??

Excellent! Yes!

FORUM MODERATOR

trifecta

Well known vineyard... I have had multiple Tobin James Zin's from this vineyard.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:I sense a variety pack up at 10:01 PT from J Dusi Wines

Wines Produced:

Syrah
Zinfandel
Late Harvest Zinfandel
Pinot Gris
Port

Would this be a first time appearance on WW? Can't find them in the search engine.

*edit* I just saw ThunderThighs post above about the winery being on WW previously. Just can't find it I guess *edit*

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

ThunderThighs

Staff

redwinefan wrote:Would this be a first time appearance on WW? Can't find them in the search engine.

Psssssst

FORUM MODERATOR

redwinefan

ThunderThighs wrote:Psssssst

It's late, I'm slow

ThunderThighs

Staff

bsevern wrote:I sense a variety pack up at 10:01 PT from J Dusi Wines

Wines Produced:

Syrah
Zinfandel
Late Harvest Zinfandel
Pinot Gris
Port

You can stop where you are or keep asking me questions. I'm free until a bit before 11 when I have to get ready for Woot! Clue! on the Woot site.

FORUM MODERATOR

stratma

Is one of them the port?

ThunderThighs

Staff

stratma wrote:Is one of them the port?

yes

FORUM MODERATOR

stratma

port sounds great. Looks like I'll be staying up.

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

The Zinfandel Grappa bottle would look mighty cute (and tasty) in a Woot pic with the Port!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

ThunderThighs

Staff

karenhynes wrote:The Zinfandel Grappa bottle would look mighty cute (and tasty) in a Woot pic with the Port!

It probably would... alas another wine took its place.

BTW: Check your PMs.

FORUM MODERATOR

kylemittskus

Dusi has only recent started making their own wine. They used to only sell their grapes to the likes of Turley, among others. Very well-known Zin vineyard in Paso, and I'm intrigued to try their own wines from their own vineyard.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Dusi has only recent started making their own wine. They used to only sell their grapes to the likes of Turley, among others. Very well-known Zin vineyard in Paso, and I'm intrigued to try their own wines from their own vineyard.

My first vintage was when I was sixteen. My Grandfather guided me through the process from recollection of the days when his family ran the original “Dusi Winery” back in the 50’s. I learned, from him, the REAL Italian way to make wine, which happened to be a light variation of today’s California styles wines.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Free free to join in on Woot! Clue! at 11pm CST Su-Th (for the Mo-Fr sales). We play it on the site that I choose for that night's game. I always announce the location with a The Great Wakkorotti on the Woot main page though. If there's no site mentioned, then it's on woot. It's always in the current product thread.

Same style game - 20 questions.

FORUM MODERATOR

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:My first vintage was when I was sixteen. My Grandfather guided me through the process from recollection of the days when his family ran the original “Dusi Winery” back in the 50’s. I learned, from him, the REAL Italian way to make wine, which happened to be a light variation of today’s California styles wines.

And she (the daughter, who now owns the vineyard, I believe) is how old now? I believe they have only sold their wines publicly for a relatively small number of years. I could, of course, be wrong.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:And she (the daughter, who now owns the vineyard, I believe) is how old now? I believe they have only sold their wines publicly for a relatively small number of years. I could, of course, be wrong.

Yeah, I agree but it does sound like they used to sell wines in the past perhaps?

FORUM MODERATOR

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, I agree but it does sound like they used to sell wines in the past perhaps?

Very likely. I'm too young in age and wine memory to know. I'm also rather frustrated that I'm very likely in again. SWMBO loves the Dusi vineyard. My third purchase in less than 26... I may have a problem.

redwinefan

kylemittskus wrote:Very likely. I'm too young in age and wine memory to know. I'm also rather frustrated that I'm very likely in again. SWMBO loves the Dusi vineyard. My third purchase in less than 26... I may have a problem.

Only a good sort of problem

At least wine is a consumable. If you bought 3 sets of beanie babies every 26 hours, it would be another story.