sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
bhodilee wrote:So I just sent El Jefe a message on Facebook. I'm thinking he needs to name his next PS Katie Kaboomslap, cause that's basically what the tannins do. I would totally buy that. If he doesn't like it I'm hitting up Stillman, he's crazy enough to do anything.

Holy Potty Emergency!, I like Katie Kaboomslap even better!

This is total awesomeness!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bhodilee wrote:So I just sent El Jefe a message on Facebook. I'm thinking he needs to name his next PS Katie Kaboomslap, cause that's basically what the tannins do. I would totally buy that. If he doesn't like it I'm hitting up Stillman, he's crazy enough to do anything.

Here I thought you were witty enough to come up with Katie Kaboomslap! Then I came to my senses. Bowtie, witty? Naaaahhhhh...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
joelsisk wrote:that would be awesome! We're going on the RPM tour in July, which may be the earliest... there is a slight outside chance that we'll host a Denver gathering in May, but we haven't really thought about it too much.

What a coincidence, there is a slight chance I will be in Denver the week prior to Vegas...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
trifecta wrote:This weeks was not a new episode, hoping the new ones are great when they return.

OK, thanks. We have missed quite a lot of episodes for whatever reason so this was a new one for us.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:What a coincidence, there is a slight chance I will be in Denver the week prior to Vegas...

You're not going home for Mother's Day??? Cause that Sunday is Mother's Day.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
cheron98 wrote:BAZINGA!

Late to the party, I know, but I am in awe of Jim Parson as Sheldon. He reminds me a lot of Bubba Bo Bob Brain Van Dyke with the use of his body to be Sheldon.

I really didn't like the show the first few times I watched it, then all of a sudden I was hooked. We have a mess of episodes on the DVR now for when I am up when I shouldn't be.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:You're not going home for Mother's Day??? Cause that Sunday is Mother's Day.

I haven't gone home for Mother's Day since moving out here. I send Mom flowers though. Besides, I'm sure I can talk HAK into popping down there for a visit when I'm out for the NYC tasting the weekend of April 21.

cheron98

lauratchi wrote:Late to the party, I know, but I am in awe of Jim Parson as Sheldon. He reminds me a lot of Bubba Bo Bob Brain Van Dyke with the use of his body to be Sheldon.

I really didn't like the show the first few times I watched it, then all of a sudden I was hooked. We have a mess of episodes on the DVR now for when I am up when I shouldn't be.

I started watching them out of order based on whatever TBS decided to show. Took me about 3 episodes to get hooked on watching it. Then I saw the Christmas episode with Penny giving Sheldon the napkin, and that's when I decided I had to own the series.

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

Why, oh why, did WD have to break out the Wellington. And it's syrah to boot. I had to break out the car's account...

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

seriously. Though, that sounds more like one of Scott's super hero wines...

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
cheron98 wrote:What a coincidence, there is a slight chance I will be in Denver the week prior to Vegas...

we'd totally organize a tasting for Octocat! Just confirm the dates... you could even invite your boss, though he doesn't drink.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I would buy that just for the bottle (well, OK, some good juice inside it would be nice too!). Bringing out a bottle of Katie Kaboomslap at a party would be the best.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

So I'm taking my mother for a long overdue dose of aloha in May. Any Big Island recommendations? I've got Oahu covered (been there a few times), but I need big island recommendations for hotel and if I should fly into Hilo or Kona (from Hono).

Cesare

quality posts: 1592 Private Messages Cesare
CpprCr8 wrote:Why, oh why, did WD have to break out the Wellington. And it's syrah to boot. I had to break out the car's account...

Copper crate!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
Cesare wrote:Copper crate!

Yep. A rare "cj's car sighting" on the boards...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cjsiege wrote:So I'm taking my mother for a long overdue dose of aloha in May. Any Big Island recommendations? I've got Oahu covered (been there a few times), but I need big island recommendations for hotel and if I should fly into Hilo or Kona (from Hono).

Been way too long since I've been on the big island.

But I seem to remember the different "sand" beaches on the Kona side (Green, Black, etc.). I don't remember much on the Hilo side that we did.

Edit: I guess the black sand beaches were more south of Hilo & Kona than I remember.

Also, you get more rain on the Hilo side than the Kona side.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

anyone tried/owned/ have any opinion on the Total Gym exercise thing? I think I want one but am not sure....

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:anyone tried/owned/ have any opinion on the Total Gym exercise thing? I think I want one but am not sure....

I have one - it's the cheapest model. I assume the higher end models are nicer, but I really like mine. You can do lots of different exercises, including compound exercises and you can incorporate stretching. It uses your body weight, so it's not fantastic for legs imo, but great for upper body. Disclaimer: if you're very strong or you're into bodybuilding, your own body weight might not be enough to get you a good workout...but most of us ladies don't have that problem. I also like it because it's smooth, no jerky wrenching movements.

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:I have one - it's the cheapest model. I assume the higher end models are nicer, but I really like mine. You can do lots of different exercises, including compound exercises and you can incorporate stretching. It uses your body weight, so it's not fantastic for legs imo, but great for upper body. Disclaimer: if you're very strong or you're into bodybuilding, your own body weight might not be enough to get you a good workout...but most of us ladies don't have that problem. I also like it because it's smooth, no jerky wrenching movements.

Thanks... I get bored easily with exercising... so I tend to jump from thing to thing... that way I always have something I can do... right now my weighted hula hoop is my favorite... 20 min of hooping and I don't feel like a bum for not exercising...

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I am drunk. My wife is not getting me dinner. There will be much divorce in my future

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

who's aroudn? hell with it, i'm creating anew thread

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
bhodilee wrote:I am drunk. My wife is not getting me dinner. There will be much divorce in my future

I look forward to catching up on this tomorrow! I'm off to a wine tasting of "highly rated wines", so this should be interesting.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

klezman wrote:I look forward to catching up on this tomorrow! I'm off to a wine tasting of "highly rated wines", so this should be interesting.

you just got off work caus eyou live in california. I on the other hand have been off work since 2004 when those dumb bastards hired me

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Oh yeah, so it's official. I'm moving to LA at the end of March. Probably in the Culver City area, but if anybody has particular insight into better places to live close to National/Jefferson or National/Washington please let me know.

At least I'll still be in San Francisco every 4th week

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

klezman wrote:Oh yeah, so it's official. I'm moving to LA at the end of March. Probably in the Culver City area, but if anybody has particular insight into better places to live close to National/Jefferson or National/Washington please let me know.

At least I'll still be in San Francisco every 4th week

culver's has good burgers for a chain joint, but they're from wisconisn and efveryone there is fater than I am so that's no surprise.

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:I am drunk. My wife is not getting me dinner. There will be much divorce in my future

excuse me...???? your wife is not getting you dinner? thems are words that will get your ass kicked in my house....... in the famous words of Homie d clown.... "Homie Don't play that!" at least not in my house!!

on a lighter note.... what was the beverage that got you inebriated?

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:excuse me...???? your wife is not getting you dinner? thems are words that will get your ass kicked in my house....... in the famous words of Homie d clown.... "Homie Don't play that!" at least not in my house!!

on a lighter note.... what was the beverage that got you inebriated?

as long as homie gets me some dinner I don't care what homie plays. it was some PS that took forever to open up, but is not good. 05 imagine or somethign. i don't know. I'm going to buy Peter's wine now even though daycare bills say don't.

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:culver's has good burgers for a chain joint, but they're from wisconisn and efveryone there is fater than I am so that's no surprise.

mmm butterburgers... and cheese curds... and custard shakes...

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:mmm butterburgers... and cheese curds... and custard shakes...

hell yeah, and I hd to eat some nastily delicoius pink goop ch icken nuggets and listen to some dumb chic talk about ghosts!

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:as long as homie gets me some dinner I don't care what homie plays. it was some PS that took forever to open up, but is not good. 05 imagine or somethign. i don't know. I'm going to buy Peter's wine now even though daycare bills say don't.

homie gonna kick your butt if you make her get your food!! ha ha ha....

So you actually drank the 05 even though it wasn't good?? Me, I would have opened something else until I found something I like...

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:homie gonna kick your butt if you make her get your food!! ha ha ha....

So you actually drank the 05 even though it wasn't good?? Me, I would have opened something else until I found something I like...

it was all about the alcohol. plus I let it open up while hte kids were awake and now it's good but gone

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:it was all about the alcohol. plus I let it open up while hte kids were awake and now it's good but gone

that makes more sense....

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:that makes more sense....

that might be the first time someone's ever said I make sense.

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:that might be the first time someone's ever said I make sense.

no, no, no... I said "that" makes "more" sense! not you! ha ha ha

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:no, no, no... I said "that" makes "more" sense! not you! ha ha ha

whatever. i have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so life is good.

Get him to the Greek is hilarious

I love the absurd and this movie is all about that

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:whatever. i have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so life is good.

Get him to the Greek is hilarious

I love the absurd and this movie is all about that

I still haven't seen that one... want to see it... silly work, and kids and life in general keep getting in the way!!

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:I still haven't seen that one... want to see it... silly work, and kids and life in general keep getting in the way!!

hell yeah, that movie is hilarious to me and for whatever reason I totally want the soundtrack!

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:hell yeah, that movie is hilarious to me and for whatever reason I totally want the soundtrack!

our weather is crazy.. It has been in the mid to upper 80's this week!!! Sunday our high is supposed to be 65 if we are lucky ,,,, and rain! perfect day to stay in and watch movieS!!

mommadeb1

off to bed... another fun filled day scheduled for tomorrow.... (yes, that is sarcasm you are reading)

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

My face is numb from all the beer we drank tonight for hurling practice*. I also opened up an Italian IGT for the pizza we had. Pretty good, but it needs more time in the bottle...wont' keep notes on this one. The Duchesse sour beer is excellent, btw. Damn, does it go down well...

*hurling practice=book club for guys...book club just isn't manly enough for a guys' book club. And, we read "Better" by Atul Gawande. Great book that's provided me inspiration to do more with my career.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir