MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:And I made it home w/o a Barrels of Crud Could Sparky be right? Could it be a four-day woot-off? Stay tuned...

FSM I hope not!

And didn't the Barrels of Crud come up at a different time last time?

And we haven't seen a Woot monkey yet, have we?

Signs of the Zombie Apocalypse?

Edit: Whee!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:FSM I hope not!

I think it ends today, w.w seems to be pushing things out pretty fast.

I know it's only been a week but I want my Humboldt Fog now! :P

CT

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

this post in is made using Dragon software. I did not take any of it. I wonder how accurate and will be.

Apparently not very.

I. loud and then he does software.

Somewhat it comes up with is quite subtle areas.

Pieces shift software

this part is typed:
OK, I'll let you guys figure that out... ;-)

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare
polarbear22 wrote:I ordered direct from SH once, since woot wouldn't ship but he would. So I am now in their database. Cesare, have you ever ordered direct?

Yes

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tenuki

otolith wrote:this post in is made using Dragon software. I did not take any of it. I wonder how accurate and will be.

Apparently not very.

Pieces shift software

this part is typed:

Are you sure that's not a woot filter?

CT

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
otolith wrote:
this part is typed:

I tried really hard but all I could come up with was "lol wut".

I'm just hanging out, really.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
otolith wrote:this post in is made using Dragon software. I did not take any of it. I wonder how accurate and will be.

Apparently not very.

Pieces shift software

this part is typed:

Pieces shift software is the worst kind!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:FSM I hope not!

Last time it was mid-afternoon, 1:30 EST, when I was stuck in meetings. I am home, wootalyzer running and at the keyboard. So too ready for the Barrels of Crud to appear.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Last time it was mid-afternoon, 1:30 EST, when I was stuck in meetings. I am home, wootalyzer running and at the keyboard. So too ready for the Barrels of Crud to appear.

Probably waiting for me to head over to pick up mom to visit dad. At around 5:15pm PT.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

inkycatz wrote:I tried really hard but all I could come up with was "lol wut".

Me too. I can't even remember what I was trying to say, although I'm quite certain I know what "pieces shift software" means. I'd type it out, but I'd get probation again...

Although, I do have to say it works fairly well when I break out the medical speak.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tenuki

otolith wrote:Me too. I can't even remember what I was trying to say, although I'm quite certain I know what "pieces shift software" means. I'd type it out, but I'd get probation again...

Although, I do have to say it works fairly well when I break out the medical speak.

To be fair, voice recognition software is supposed to improve the more you use it as it accustoms itself, so just keep saying pieces shift software, pieces shift software, pieces shift software, and click your heels together three times.

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:To be fair, voice recognition software is supposed to improve the more you use it as it accustoms itself, so just keep saying pieces shift software, pieces shift software, pieces shift software, and click your heels together three times.

polarbear22

balsamic?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

New species of vine-loving moth identified. It likes Chardonnay, Muscat, and Cabernet Sauvignon the best, and is also in the wild in the northern and eastern USA.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Dad's doing a little better. He's not up yet, but he is talking more, and hopefully eating a little more each meal. He does still seem to sleep in the afternoons more, but last night when I went around 5:40 pm, he was more talkative.

good to hear... still sending positive energy your way!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

finally home after a LONG day.... work, then rush to pick up child then run child to 2 different school functions... one is for extra credit.... started almost 30 min late and was way above the kids heads.... ended almost an hour late.... 25 min drive home.... after dropping off friend of my childs..... back to work tomorrow.... yippie... then we go see La Cage au Faux with George Hamilton... that I am looking forward to!!

looking back at the blog...... missed some wines I wanted.... oh welll.....

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:balsamic?

If it ends in 4 minutes, then No. If it continues ... aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

And if it ends, Wakko Talks Faboo!????? No Woot Monkey? No Barrels of Crud It's the End of the World as We Know It!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
MarkDaSpark wrote:If it ends in 4 minutes, then No. If it continues ... aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

And if it ends, Wakko Talks Faboo!????? No Woot Monkey? No Barrels of Crud It's the End of the World as We Know It!

Weird woot-off.

CAGrl

By the way Sparky, how in the world do you take the wax off of the Bogle PS port? I tried to open the bottle and kept thinking to myself that there has to be an easier way to do it than what I was doing.

I found a bottle of the PS port at Total Wine for $13.99 (or so).

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:By the way Sparky, how in the world do you take the wax off of the Bogle PS port? I tried to open the bottle and kept thinking to myself that there has to be an easier way to do it than what I was doing.

I found a bottle of the PS port at Total Wine for $13.99 (or so).

How to remove wax wine seals.

Just lever the cork half out of the bottle, clean it of any wax debris with a damp cloth, and then pull the cork the rest of the way out.

cathycorison

quality posts: 30 Private Messages cathycorison
polarbear22 wrote:About a month ago I got a call from Corison. I'm in their wine club. Offering the 2006 Kronos that was never released. But I got two bottles from the wine club. And the person still went back to "Cathy never released them". So how did they get in my cellar? (And for those that know me, yes, I checked. Not just in CT, but actual bottles.)

The 2006 Kronos had never been a Corison Club library shipment. I believe it was a "Black Tie" woot offering at one point, however.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cathycorison wrote:The 2006 Kronos had never been a Corison Club library shipment. I believe it was a "Black Tie" woot offering at one point, however.

It was offered to us on Christmas: see here

That's when PB must have gotten his bottles.

I didn't go in on that offer because I already had a bottle. It was offered on RueLaLa back in Sept 2009 as part of the 3-bottle vertical (00/03/06) I had gotten back then.

polarbear22 wrote:About a month ago I got a call from Corison. I'm in their wine club. Offering the 2006 Kronos that was never released. But I got two bottles from the wine club. And the person still went back to "Cathy never released them". So how did they get in my cellar? (And for those that know me, yes, I checked. Not just in CT, but actual bottles.)

Seeing as how it's been offered multiple places, multiple times, I don't see how the statement of "it was never released" could be accurate. Also, she would never have NOT released the 2006 when she already has the 2007 out. I have a feeling the person calling was not actually from Corison.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

polarbear22

cathycorison wrote:The 2006 Kronos had never been a Corison Club library shipment. I believe it was a "Black Tie" woot offering at one point, however.

I am going to stand corrected, and confused.

On 11/24/10, there was a 2000 and 2006 Kronos offering and I did purchase a set. And I mistakenly put the winery down as the source. (Need to correct that.) However, I have two bottles of the 2006 Kronos, so not sure how I got the other.

Cathy, my apologies.

My Cellar

polarbear22

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Seeing as how it's been offered multiple places, multiple times, I don't see how the statement of "it was never released" could be accurate. Also, she would never have NOT released the 2006 when she already has the 2007 out. I have a feeling the person calling was not actually from Corison.

See below, I did find that I got one here. And what they said was "they never released it to the club". And it was someone from Corison, because I actually called them back and it was the number I have programmed into my cell.

Goes to show that I need to log into CellarTracker in a more timely fashion. I can tell by the entry, it was when I did "inventory" in September last year.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

And I got a surprise this morning. Thinking it was one of my Wine.Woot shipments.

But no, it came by GSO, not FedEx. And one of the bottles was different from the Wine.Woot offer, which was also supposed to ship direct to my wine locker and not to my UPS Store address.

And it wasn't from one of my wine clubs, although this is one I've been tempted to add. But I double checked my account to make sure, and no charge there.

And .... it was addressed to the old UPS Store address (2 doors down), which was still on my old business cards. One of which I handed out to a winery at D&D.

However, it appears Christmas came early this year!!

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:And I got a surprise this morning. Thinking it was one of my Wine.Woot shipments.

But no, it came by GSO, not FedEx. And one of the bottles was different from the Wine.Woot offer, which was also supposed to ship direct to my wine locker and not to my UPS Store address.

And it wasn't from one of my wine clubs, although this is one I've been tempted to add. But I double checked my account to make sure, and no charge there.

And .... it was addressed to the old UPS Store address (2 doors down), which was still on my old business cards. One of which I handed out to a winery at D&D.

Oooh. What'd you get?

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Oooh. What'd you get?

Guess ... The hints are there.

D&D
W.W. offer

And what was my big purchase at D&D?

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Guess ... The hints are there.

D&D
W.W. offer

And what was my big purchase at D&D?

Clayhouse is the only thing that comes to mind.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:

And I got a surprise this morning. Thinking it was one of my Wine.Woot shipments.

Did you put your business card in for a drawing?

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Clayhouse is the only thing that comes to mind.

Ding, ding, ding. Now, name that special bottle. Hint: It was a favorite there.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Did you put your business card in for a drawing?

No, but I handed it to the winemaker or estate manager who was there.

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ding, ding, ding. Now, name that special bottle. Hint: It was a favorite there.

I don't think I went by Clayhouse. So can't take a guess. Man, you're putting my poor brain to work.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

had thunder snow today. Haven't seen that in along long time. Literally an inch of snow in about six minutes. Then it was gone. Was cool cause it came down in little perfectly round snowballs.

In other winter news I'm cold. I went to get a drink, come back into the living room and my wife has fallen asleep on my blanket. Not at all aggravating

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
MarkDaSpark wrote:Ding, ding, ding. Now, name that special bottle. Hint: It was a favorite there.

My guess is Show Pony. What do I win?

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
trifecta wrote:My guess is Show Pony. What do I win?

So are you guys saying Clayhouse was good at D&D? If so, glad to hear it since it was one of the few I took a flyer on during the PS woot off.

I see Richard Jennings has chimed in via CT on their Woot offer wines he tasted at D&D... scored 84-86.

BTW - did anyone who attended D&D see Richard Jennings tasting up a storm there? I'm curious how his process works and how he keeps track of all the notes. Seems like it would take a long time.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

trifecta

redwinefan wrote:So are you guys saying Clayhouse was good at D&D? If so, glad to hear it since it was one of the few I took a flyer on during the PS woot off.

They make awesome Petite Sirah. I don't think you'll regret it. I think the offer was the estate and the block 87, but not the show pony.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
trifecta wrote:They make awesome Petite Sirah. I don't think you'll regret it. I think the offer was the estate and the block 87, but not the show pony.

Great to hear. Looking forward to trying them. I think they've already shipped out.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:My guess is Show Pony. What do I win?

If you're around when I open it, you get the 2nd taste. Okay, 3rd taste (Me first, PS second). Granted, it may be a few years ...

And the offer on W.W. didn't include the 2008 Show Pony.

And I'm mad because I forgot to bring up my Late Harvest PS (Clayhouse and Bella Vista) and PS Rose (Bella Vista).

Oh well, need to make sure they go on the list for next year's After Partay!!

trifecta

What vintage did they send you?

I have been lucky enough to share a couple past vintages (06&07 I think) with friends who are members. They were definitely too young, but there was no way I was turning down quality PS!

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:What vintage did they send you?

I have been lucky enough to share a couple past vintages (06&07 I think) with friends who are members. They were definitely too young, but there was no way I was turning down quality PS!

2009 Estate Block 87 & Old Vine (like the W.W. offer) and the 2008 Show Pony. Score!