MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:dammit sparky.

Still having that tune going in your mind?

On the road again, can't wait to get on the road again.

Edit: OH Yeah!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:So, am I to understand that you do not care for coffee?

Run Momma!! You've offended Chem!!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
mommadeb1 wrote:ewwww ewwww ewwwww super barf!!! coffee is sooooo nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even comprehend cold coffee!!!!!!!!1

Now now...cold brewed coffee is a distinct beverage. If the main thing you don't like about coffee is the bitterness, cold-brewing may produce a beverage that would produce a less violent reaction.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman

My first Garagiste shipment arrived yesterday! I'm hoping I like the wines. Got to try some Cornilissen Contadino 8 at a wine bar in NYC this week and it was, um, interesting. Not something I'd return for time and time again, but I feel better for having tried it.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
chemvictim wrote:So, am I to understand that you do not care for coffee?

you could say that....

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:its way better actually. And a scoop of nestle quik makes it taste like hot chocolate, well hot coffee at least

ewww double yuck... nestle quick and coffee???!!!! bleeechhhhh!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Run Momma!! You've offended Chem!!!!

I'm a runnin........ sorry Chem!!!

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:Now now...cold brewed coffee is a distinct beverage. If the main thing you don't like about coffee is the bitterness, cold-brewing may produce a beverage that would produce a less violent reaction.

nope, no matter how you serve/brew it.... coffee is coffe...... and coffee is yucky!!!!!

edit: coffe does smell good though..

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mommadeb1 wrote:nope, no matter how you serve/brew it.... coffee is coffe...... and coffee is yucky!!!!!

edit: coffe does smell good though..

You might try Starbucks blonde actually. It doesn't really taste like coffee. (I realize this is like saying I like this Chardonnay because it doesn't taste like Chardonnay).

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:You might try Starbucks blonde actually. It doesn't really taste like coffee. (I realize this is like saying I like this Chardonnay because it doesn't taste like Chardonnay).

ha ha ha, my kids love coffee and starbucks stuff.... sorry it still tastes super yucky to me!!! (kind of like chardonnay....ha ha ah)

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

My current favorite ice tea is the coffee bean and tea leaf -African sunrise. It's a Roobios blend. Awesome stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Bean-Tea-Leaf-Caffeine-Free/dp/B004N5IL8Q

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Wow, South African Rooibos is a fav for me. A local roaster and purveyor of coffee and tea also makes a spiced chi with it; quite nice. Never heard of it mixed with coffee however. Perhaps like some new wine I've not tried until recently, like the orange. I'll have to ferret some out.

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Still having that tune going in your mind?

I have never before wished so fervently for it to be Monday.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:I have never before wished so fervently for it to be Monday.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
klezman wrote:My first Garagiste shipment arrived yesterday! I'm hoping I like the wines. Got to try some Cornilissen Contadino 8 at a wine bar in NYC this week and it was, um, interesting. Not something I'd return for time and time again, but I feel better for having tried it.

I have a few places where I buy wine. I buy the most from garagiste. The French (especially the Rhones) and Italians that he finds are probably the best offers for me.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and the bottom ad was for a Tea internet site.

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:I have never before wished so fervently for it to be Monday.

why do you want it to be monday?

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:why do you want it to be monday?

Because then the Pub title will change. Since it seems like she can't get the "Do you know the way to San Jose" tune out of her head.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
tenuki wrote:Mmm, did you order the recent pecan patties btw? They're kinda amazing.

No, I've not been buying anything, and it's been very difficult to not buy with all of the interesting wines and goodies on here lately.

Have you had a proper Irish Coffee, home-made, not the over-processed stuff you get at most bars?

Easy to make at home - use brown sugar instead of white and hand-whipped cream instead of canned, and a medium-not-dark roasted coffee. World of difference imho. Using a better whiskey helps, too.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Because then the Pub title will change. Since it seems like she can't get the "Do you know the way to San Jose" tune out of her head.

I am a little on the slow side this week ha ha ha

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:I'm a runnin........ sorry Chem!!!

RAWR I'm scary!!! Muhahahaha!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
sanity wrote:No, I've not been buying anything, and it's been very difficult to not buy with all of the interesting wines and goodies on here lately.

Have you had a proper Irish Coffee, home-made, not the over-processed stuff you get at most bars?

Easy to make at home - use brown sugar instead of white and hand-whipped cream instead of canned, and a medium-not-dark roasted coffee. World of difference imho. Using a better whiskey helps, too.

Mmm. My first Irish Coffee was at some bar in downtown Erie, PA after having taken the GREs in French! The Exam was awful! I think my Irish friend and I had three of them! Oh, were they ever yummy! The bartender was worried that we were driving. We assured him that we were walking over to the Greyhound Bus Terminal and leaving the driving to them! We were out like a light as soon as we sat down on the bus!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Hey PB and mother and anyone else wanting balsamic:

I'm going to take the plunge and use a new source, from CA no less. Heretical, I know.

Figone's, here's the storefront page.

Here's the website portal.

Apparently, they also sell 60 ML bottles, but it's not on the site. I've contacted them to see about ordering a small quantity.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Because then the Pub title will change. Since it seems like she can't get the "Do you know the way to San Jose" tune out of her head.

You are truly evil.
Maybe this will help our beloved Cheron98: I discovered a number of years ago that the Beethoven Romance No. 1 in G Major, Op. 40 has the uncanny ability to displace from my mind any tune I cannot otherwise get rid of, without replacing it with something else that won't go away.
There are a number of recordings on YouTube. I liked this one best of those I listened to, despite the fact that whoever posted it misidentified the key as G minor. Must not have listened to it very well. It's obviously in a Major key.
If it works for someone else, it could come in handy, especially since careless wootbloggers occasionally post on previous week's threads, by accident, of course.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:RAWR I'm scary!!! Muhahahaha!!!

aggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:You are truly evil.
Maybe this will help our beloved Cheron98: I discovered a number of years ago that the Beethoven Romance No. 1 in G Major, Op. 40 has the uncanny ability to displace from my mind any tune I cannot otherwise get rid of, without replacing it with something else that won't go away.
There are a number of recordings on YouTube. I liked this one best of those I listened to, despite the fact that whoever posted it misidentified the key as G minor. Must not have listened to it very well. It's obviously in a Major key.
If it works for someone else, it could come in handy, especially since careless wootbloggers occasionally post on previous week's threads, by accident, of course.

of course it will make you forget.... you will be so relaxed and go to sleep, when you wake up you won't remember what song you were trying to forget!!

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:Hey PB and mother and anyone else wanting balsamic:

I'm going to take the plunge and use a new source, from CA no less. Heretical, I know.

Apparently, they also sell 60 ML bottles, but it's not on the site. I've contacted them to see about ordering a small quantity.

the fig balsamic sounds yummy!!

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada
bahwm wrote:Mmm. My first Irish Coffee was at some bar in downtown Erie, PA after having taken the GREs in French! The Exam was awful! I think my Irish friend and I had three of them! Oh, were they ever yummy! The bartender was worried that we were driving. We assured him that we were walking over to the Greyhound Bus Terminal and leaving the driving to them! We were out like a light as soon as we sat down on the bus!

Hi (from Basia too)! Nice to hear about my hometown. If you were going to the Greyhound station and you were at an Irish pub, it was probably Sullivan's, not too far from the bus station, or Sherlock's which was right next to the bus station. Of course in Erie there are any number of other bars, I think about one bar per 50 residents if you count the private clubs! I guess they moved the bus station down to the bay front now. Still plenty of bars nearby!

My dogs like me, that is important.

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada

This usually works as well. Earwig cleaner

My dogs like me, that is important.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
edlada wrote:Hi (from Basia too)! Nice to hear about my hometown. If you were going to the Greyhound station and you were at an Irish pub, it was probably Sullivan's, not too far from the bus station, or Sherlock's which was right next to the bus station. Of course in Erie there are any number of other bars, I think about one bar per 50 residents if you count the private clubs! I guess they moved the bus station down to the bay front now. Still plenty of bars nearby!

Hey! Good to see you around these parts! Not sure which bar it was--it's too long ago! But those Irish Coffees sure were good! Yum!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
sanity wrote:Hey PB and mother and anyone else wanting balsamic:

Thanks. I will look into it.

We have a source for some good balsamic from the Olive Oil Co. in MN. Especially some nice flavored balsamics like your site has. (My favorite is a black cherry balsamic. Makes a great salad dressing.) Just not as good as the brand that woot offers.

I also still have an 80 ml true balsamic from Casa de Case, the special offer we got him to make. So I can wait for a while longer.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Yeah, but still significantly less (by half or more), depending on brew time. It's roughly equivalent to a 12oz can of Coke. If you leave the bag in longer, the caffeine content is higher, but it will never match the equivalent volume of coffee.

On the other hand, tea (green in particular) generally requires fewer additions to make it palatable - you can get away without adding milk and/or sugar, so it's basically calorie-free caffeine, with the added benefits of antioxidants. And unlike caffeine pills, it is easier to control how quickly the caffeine gets into your system. Much less chance of a caffeine spike/crash with tea than with pills.

If you're going for the caffeine of it, you want to drink it hot. Making it iced dilutes it and you'll have to drink far more of it to achieve the same caffeine content.

Or you could just inhale it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
tenuki wrote:Mmm, did you order the recent pecan patties btw? They're kinda amazing.

Mine arrived Friday. SO and a GF of hers did severe damage to one of the boxes last night. Good I have a spare squirreled away she doesn't know about.

CT

cheron98

sanity wrote:No, I've not been buying anything, and it's been very difficult to not buy with all of the interesting wines and goodies on here lately.

If you can't set it on fire, it's not a proper Irish Coffee

cheron98

Oh, no, see, the problem is that I can get it to go away, but then as soon as I look at the main forum thread list, it comes back again.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:RAWR I'm scary!!! Muhahahaha!!!

No, no, no. It's ...

MarkDaSpark

Finally! Someone gets me. You truly get me!

Of course, I did try to help (at the top) by posting these as well ...

On the road again, can't wait to get on the road again.

Edit: OH Yeah!!!

But then again .... muhwahahahahahaha

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Oh, no, see, the problem is that I can get it to go away, but then as soon as I look at the main forum thread list, it comes back again.

mommadeb1

agggghhhhh winter has returned!!!!!!!!!!!! agggggggggggggggggggggg we are going into the 30's again for lows and tomorrows high is only going to be in the 50's!!!!!!!!!!!! time to hibernate again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: and my headache is back....grrrr

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mommadeb1 wrote:agggghhhhh winter has returned!!!!!!!!!!!! agggggggggggggggggggggg we are going into the 30's again for lows and tomorrows high is only going to be in the 50's!!!!!!!!!!!! time to hibernate again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wimp!

Last weekend, I was walking around Michigan without a jacket!!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings