richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
losthighwayz wrote:What does gooseberry taste like? Not sure Ive ever had such berry. Thanks!

They taste like New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc! Much more than grapefruit does, though you can get hints of that too.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I think this is a pretty damn nice offer, but I'm passing as this isn't my style of white.

Now, I would LOVE to see a PW Marsanne/Roussanne 2x2!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
losthighwayz wrote:WW came back strong after the WTSO discussion last week. These last two days have been killer deals IMO. 18 bottles of quality merlot, cab, and sauv for about 9.50 each delivered is unbeatable!

I recently ordered a case of zin/sauv from Wilson in Dry Creek Valley and though I got a great deal the shipping was a whopping $29! Gotta appreciate Woot on their shipping.

I second that motion. Thanks WD...You've been on the top of your game the last two days....Keep these GREAT woots coming. Deals like this are just what we've grown to expect from Wine Woot.

In for 2 even though I am not a white wine drinker, although I keep trying to find a white that I like. Several other posters, incliding SH have convinced me to give this a try. I can always share with my white wine drinker friends.

WaltW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WaltW
pfajardo19 wrote:Looks like this one will sell out.

What are you looking at? Where do they get these people that make comments about selling out when it won't? This is what drives some WWers to WTSO. 3567 cases. This won't sell out even during a Woot-Off. I am getting some now regardless.

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20
WaltW wrote:What are you looking at? Where do they get these people that make comments about selling out when it won't? This is what drives some WWers to WTSO. 3567 cases. This won't sell out even during a Woot-Off. I am getting some now regardless.

There are some woot checkers that give an idea of how much is left.
Try wooters.us, its my favorite. When an item gets to 10% left a last call tweet goes out as well and the I want one button starts bouncing.
Also, the cases produced on the detail section has nothing todo with the allotment given to woot.

CT

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19
WaltW wrote:What are you looking at? Where do they get these people that make comments about selling out when it won't? This is what drives some WWers to WTSO. 3567 cases. This won't sell out even during a Woot-Off. I am getting some now regardless.

3567 is the total case production and not necessarily what's available for this wine woot. Without any further elaboration on your part, are you assuming the total case production is up for sale on Wine Woot? Did you even consider the outrageous possibility that they actually may have sold or planning to sell some through other outlets - direct, restaurant, etc.? Oh no, that would actually have to make you think which we wouldn't want you do. And yes, I shop on WTSO too (150+ purchases), Invino, Last Bottle, LetsPour Lot18, etc., but watch out for them inflating their "retail price" so they can move that 25% off up to 35-40% and make it more palatable and attractive to buyers. And how does "selling out on wine woot" drive people to WTSO when WTSO sells out on a much more frequent basis (4-8 offerings per day on average) and Wine Woot wines are generally available for at least 12-16 hours so where's the logic in that argument?

come2thedarkside

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

In for 2. Out of whites and SB fits the bill.
Anything like the white oak 2007 Russian River SB on here a while back?
That was a great porch sipper at $8 a bottle.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
ScottHarveyWines wrote:It is one of Jana and my favorites. We love enjoying a chilled bottle while we are cooking dinner and on into the first course. This is a better price than we get with inter winery discount. I'm in for two.

Scott Harvey, I have entirely too many of your bottles already, then you do this to me...

Last Wooter To Woot:rjquillin

Need more storage.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Just saw this at Costco in SoCal for 13.99 so a pretty good deal but not as great as I first thought

"The older I get the better I was"

kickthegoat09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kickthegoat09

My tracking's been sitting in "Initiated" for like a week now with no movement. Granted, this is my first wine.woot order, but is this pretty standard for a wait time?

jobberizer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jobberizer
kickthegoat09 wrote:My tracking's been sitting in "Initiated" for like a week now with no movement. Granted, this is my first wine.woot order, but is this pretty standard for a wait time?

Same question. What's going on with this?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jobberizer wrote:Same question. What's going on with this?

Pinged people who might know (aka not me) and am investigating. Thanks for the reports!

I'm just hanging out, really.

cjd2404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjd2404

Yes Mine is sitting in initiated as well.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
inkycatz wrote:Pinged people who might know (aka not me) and am investigating. Thanks for the reports!

It is being looked into, just an update!

I'm just hanging out, really.

rrosencr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rrosencr

My order still has not shipped either. Same as the White Oak Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot Case ordered two days before this.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 198 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Hello. We have confirmation the wines will be in the Fedex system landing in the midwest this evening with deliveries starting tomorrow. Most packages will be delivered Thursday or Friday of this week.

The boxes have been in movement During this process but,in this case, the carrier scan will only occur once it hits the strategically located hub. During certain times of the year (summer is best example) trucking moves are used to 1/ reduce temperature exposure and 2/ optimize costs .

Normally, these processes occur behind the scenes, but this particular move (which involved White Oak, Red Zeppelin and Long Meadow) had some delays on the trucking leg.

At all times the wine is in a protected state and should be delivered in good working order.

i'll continue to monitor these boards to answer any other questions.

our apologies for the frustration over the lack of scan/communication on this.

(will be placing this note on the other impacted wine threads).