mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Just tell him how pretty it'll look. Show him this picture and he'll agree:

Though the fridge above is full now, that's when I first had it put in.

OOOHhhhhhh prrreettttyyyyy!!!!! I SO want one!!!

edit: I showed this to hubby....and told him that this is what you said I needed......His reply?......"I will open up a pay pal account and everone here could make donations to your wine fridge charity!!" ha ha ha... he is soo funny!!

mommadeb1

well here we are day 2 of a massive migraine... I haven't had one like this in about a year.... Had to be at work yesterday... luckliy it was a half day for the kids. Woke up today, still dying of pain, went to the chriopractor and then to a massage therapist. then slept the rest of the day... question to all. Anyone else suffer from migraines? What do you take? I HATE taking the relpax... side effects suck, haven't had to resort to one of those in about 3 years..... suffered with lesser drugs.... now taking fiorinol, which takes the edge off but doesen't make it go away..... I need suggestions.......... this super sucks!!! no imitrex, it put me in the hospital with a SUPER rapid heart beat, no maxalt, like taking as sugar pill.....

so I am trying to get cought up on the pub.... why was Ol. on probation? I didn't even realize we could get probation..... surprise to me!!!

anyway, I hope everone elses week is going better than mine!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:well here we are day 2 of a massive migraine... I haven't had one like this in about a year.... Had to be at work yesterday... luckliy it was a half day for the kids. Woke up today, still dying of pain, went to the chriopractor and then to a massage therapist. then slept the rest of the day... question to all. Anyone else suffer from migraines? What do you take? I HATE taking the relpax... side effects suck, haven't had to resort to one of those in about 3 years..... suffered with lesser drugs.... now taking fiorinol, which takes the edge off but doesen't make it go away..... I need suggestions.......... this super sucks!!! no imitrex, it put me in the hospital with a SUPER rapid heart beat, no maxalt, like taking as sugar pill.....

so I am trying to get cought up on the pub.... why was Ol. on probation? I didn't even realize we could get probation..... surprise to me!!!

So sorry about the migraines. I used to get them real bad and quite often when I was younger but as I got older it got milder and less frequent. But stress for me brings it on sometimes. I hope you feel better soon. And your week turns around and it ends up being a wonderful week.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bhodilee wrote:Two hours the boss has been here, been over here 8 times, has yet to "have the talk" with me about this project. I won't be surprised in the least if the talk never happens. I never sign up for or receive performance evaluations either. Apparently, I am scary.

I'm concerned about this talk of undisclosed items possibly in your rectum, coupled with the fact that your boss might have "the talk" with you. I just want you to know that it doesn't have to be this way. I support you, and I believe that you deserve to be treated with dignity. We need a telethon or something for you.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

All he'd gonna say is Ican't work with outside agencies until the impossible project is done. Already took care of that. Told the other agencies not to look for me to help, they didn't like that and will discuss it with our board of directors. I'll win. I always do

Politics suits me. I'm super manipulative

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:So sorry about the migraines. I used to get them real bad and quite often when I was younger but as I got older it got milder and less frequent. But stress for me brings it on sometimes. I hope you feel better soon. And your week turns around and it ends up being a wonderful week.

thanks! I was hoping as I got older they would be less... I haven't had one this bad in forever... oh well, at least I didn't have to work today!! and tomorrow is friday!!!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:well here we are day 2 of a massive migraine... I haven't had one like this in about a year.... Had to be at work yesterday... luckliy it was a half day for the kids. Woke up today, still dying of pain, went to the chriopractor and then to a massage therapist. then slept the rest of the day... question to all. Anyone else suffer from migraines? What do you take? I HATE taking the relpax... side effects suck, haven't had to resort to one of those in about 3 years..... suffered with lesser drugs.... now taking fiorinol, which takes the edge off but doesen't make it go away..... I need suggestions.......... this super sucks!!! no imitrex, it put me in the hospital with a SUPER rapid heart beat, no maxalt, like taking as sugar pill.....

Two aspirin, 2 tylenol, and follow it with a cup of strong coffee! Or, excedrin migraine.

I was put on probation due to Corrado! I would have thought a simple pm saying, "please don't do that" followed by an "OK" by me would have been enough, given that we're on the more adult side here...but I digress and will refrain from huging around with naughty words...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

We had a 2007 Turley Moore "Earthquake" zin with Korean beef ribs tonight. Twas a match made in heaven. Must leave bottle in fridge or else I'm going to drink it all...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chemvictim

otolith wrote:Two aspirin, 2 tylenol, and follow it with a cup of strong coffee! Or, excedrin migraine.

I was put on probation due to Corrado! I would have thought a simple pm saying, "please don't do that" followed by an "OK" by me would have been enough, given that we're on the more adult side here...but I digress and will refrain from huging around with naughty words...

What fun is a pub with no naughty words? I am offended, as usual.

otolith

chemvictim wrote:What fun is a pub with no naughty words? I am offended, as usual.

Apparently we can talk about teh sex all we want (it was a "poll" question), but saying chocolate is too much...ok, I better stop, or else I'll get a permaprobation...

--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

mommadeb, I hope that you feel better soon.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:Two aspirin, 2 tylenol, and follow it with a cup of strong coffee! Or, excedrin migraine.

excedrin migraine is like taking a sugar pill for me...ewwww coffee is super yucky!!! Glad to have you back!!!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:mommadeb, I hope that you feel better soon.

thanks I think I am on the tail end of it... I just took more meds and am going to bed... Back to work tomorrow!! yippie

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:excedrin migraine is like taking a sugar pill for me...ewwww coffee is super yucky!!! Glad to have you back!!!

caffeine is a vascillary constrictor if I remember right, that should help the migraine.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada

I have had migraines for years, I feel your pain. I have had some success with Toradol, (ketorolac tromethamine, prescription only, which is an NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug, i.e. acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc.) but reputed to be as strong as opiates. It is available orally but a shot in the butt works best for me. Maybe Ask your doctor what he/she thinks about it. Per Bowtie, caffeine in conjunction with meds works for me too.

Edit: If you don't like coffee, just buy some No-doze or other "stay awake" tablets. Plenty 'o caffeine in them.

My dogs like me, that is important.

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
edlada wrote:I have had migraines for years, I feel your pain. I have had some success with Toradol, (ketorolac tromethamine, prescription only, which is an NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug, i.e. acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc.) but reputed to be as strong as opiates. It is available orally but a shot in the butt works best for me. Maybe Ask your doctor what he/she thinks about it. Per Bowtie, caffeine in conjunction with meds works for me too.

Edit: If you don't like coffee, just buy some No-doze or other "stay awake" tablets. Plenty 'o caffeine in them.

Green tea is pretty high in caffeine as well if you don't like coffee. Without at least a cup of tea in the morning I often find myself with a mild headache by lunch time.

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

dammit sparky.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

cortot20 wrote:Green tea is pretty high in caffeine as well if you don't like coffee. Without at least a cup of tea in the morning I often find myself with a mild headache by lunch time.

Yeah, but still significantly less (by half or more), depending on brew time. It's roughly equivalent to a 12oz can of Coke. If you leave the bag in longer, the caffeine content is higher, but it will never match the equivalent volume of coffee.

On the other hand, tea (green in particular) generally requires fewer additions to make it palatable - you can get away without adding milk and/or sugar, so it's basically calorie-free caffeine, with the added benefits of antioxidants. And unlike caffeine pills, it is easier to control how quickly the caffeine gets into your system. Much less chance of a caffeine spike/crash with tea than with pills.

If you're going for the caffeine of it, you want to drink it hot. Making it iced dilutes it and you'll have to drink far more of it to achieve the same caffeine content.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
cortot20 wrote:Green tea is pretty high in caffeine as well if you don't like coffee. Without at least a cup of tea in the morning I often find myself with a mild headache by lunch time.

true, but depends on the kind of green tea. Japanese powder stuff is different from leeaf tea and some are browner and greener than others. hundreds of "green" teas, and then there's yellow, white etc. Many of these I love, along with Jasmine and Lapsang Souchong, as I'm a supertaster who hates the tannins' bitterness in most black (and overcooked) teas.

One to look out for: the South African Rooibos tea, is caffeine free and wonderful. It has an delightful earthy brown almost sweet flavour, and the Boers swear by it.

richardhod

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Just tell him how pretty it'll look. Show him this picture and he'll agree:

Though the fridge above is full now, that's when I first had it put in.

Your wine cabinet's great, but what's that white monstrosity to the side?!!

cheron98

richardhod wrote:Your wine cabinet's great, but what's that white monstrosity to the side?!!

It looks better in person. The "white monstrosity".

... and the wine cabinet, for that matter ...

bhodilee

richardhod wrote:true, but depends on the kind of green tea. Japanese powder stuff is different from leeaf tea and some are browner and greener than others. hundreds of "green" teas, and then there's yellow, white etc. Many of these I love, along with Jasmine and Lapsang Souchong, as I'm a supertaster who hates the tannins' bitterness in most black (and overcooked) teas.

One to look out for: the South African Rooibos tea, is caffeine free and wonderful. It has an delightful earthy brown almost sweet flavour, and the Boers swear by it.

and isn't tea at all

it is frikkin good though

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
richardhod wrote:as I'm a supertaster who hates the tannins' bitterness in most black (and overcooked) teas.

You're a supertaster? And you prefer old world wine? You will have to teach molarchae how to appreciate it as you do, then.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:On the other hand, tea (green in particular) generally requires fewer additions to make it palatable - you can get away without adding milk and/or sugar, so it's basically calorie-free caffeine, with the added benefits of antioxidants.

If you're going for the caffeine of it, you want to drink it hot. Making it iced dilutes it and you'll have to drink far more of it to achieve the same caffeine content.

Black coffee is the way to go. Espresso is even better. Much more concentrated caffeine delivery vehicle. (Although less total caffeine than a cup of drip - ~80 vs ~120 mg.)

You can make iced coffee or tea without diluting - it just takes a while. To make iced coffee simply pour cold water on French press ground coffee and soak it at room temperature for a couple hours. Then let it continue steeping in the fridge until you get the flavour profile you want. Filter it/pour off the liquid form the top and you're good to go. It's less bitter this way and you get more of the nuanced flavours.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

richardhod

klezman wrote:You're a supertaster? And you prefer old world wine? You will have to teach molarchae how to appreciate it as you do, then.

Certainly. Yoou have to wait for the tannins to soften, rather than love the kick which others can get from the tannins as they prefer what we sense as bitter. 25% of the population has this oddly-named "supertaster" genetic profile, apparently. Of course that's not the only determinant to taste preferences: there are, for example, personal history, cultural and habituation effects involved as well.

bhodilee

klezman wrote:Black coffee is the way to go. Espresso is even better. Much more concentrated caffeine delivery vehicle. (Although less total caffeine than a cup of drip - ~80 vs ~120 mg.)

You can make iced coffee or tea without diluting - it just takes a while. To make iced coffee simply pour cold water on French press ground coffee and soak it at room temperature for a couple hours. Then let it continue steeping in the fridge until you get the flavour profile you want. Filter it/pour off the liquid form the top and you're good to go. It's less bitter this way and you get more of the nuanced flavours.

why couldn't you just make coffee ice cubes and use them in place of water in hot coffee?

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:why couldn't you just make coffee ice cubes and use them in place of water in hot coffee?

These methods all require thinking ahead for your iced tea/coffee. If you're looking for a quick shot NOW, stay away from TRADITIONAL iced coffee/tea

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:These methods all require thinking ahead for your iced tea/coffee. If you're looking for a quick shot NOW, stay away from TRADITIONAL iced coffee/tea

shot of baileys?

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:shot of baileys?

That works too.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
bhodilee wrote:shot of baileys?

I like the way you think!

CT

bhodilee

tenuki wrote:I like the way you think!

that's scary

tenuki

bhodilee wrote:that's scary

Haha, Bailey's and coffee is one of my favorites, much smoother than Irish coffee. Haven't tried Tia Maria for some reason, I actually drank some Tia Maria as a kid but I didn't drink coffee :P

CT

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Strong Coffee, Bailey's and a bit of Grand Marnier. With a salted caramel on the side.

tenuki

sanity wrote:Strong Coffee, Bailey's and a bit of Grand Marnier. With a salted caramel on the side.

Mmm, did you order the recent pecan patties btw? They're kinda amazing.

CT

mommadeb1

edlada wrote:I have had migraines for years, I feel your pain. I have had some success with Toradol, (ketorolac tromethamine, prescription only, which is an NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug, i.e. acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc.) but reputed to be as strong as opiates. It is available orally but a shot in the butt works best for me. Maybe Ask your doctor what he/she thinks about it. Per Bowtie, caffeine in conjunction with meds works for me too.

Thanks, I will ask next time I am in.... I usually stay away from caffine.....but it got me thinking... Thai tea is Loaded with caffine and is my "treat" when I do decide to have caffine.... maybe I will try that next!!

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Yeah, but still significantly less (by half or more), depending on brew time. It's roughly equivalent to a 12oz can of Coke. If you leave the bag in longer, the caffeine content is higher, but it will never match the equivalent volume of coffee.

On the other hand, tea (green in particular) generally requires fewer additions to make it palatable - you can get away without adding milk and/or sugar, so it's basically calorie-free caffeine, with the added benefits of antioxidants. And unlike caffeine pills, it is easier to control how quickly the caffeine gets into your system. Much less chance of a caffeine spike/crash with tea than with pills.

I like green tea and I don't add sugar or milk to my tea... I read somewhere that milk blocks some of the antioxodents in the tea from being absorbed?

mommadeb1

richardhod wrote:true, but depends on the kind of green tea. Japanese powder stuff is different from leeaf tea and some are browner and greener than others. hundreds of "green" teas, and then there's yellow, white etc. Many of these I love, along with Jasmine and Lapsang Souchong, as I'm a supertaster who hates the tannins' bitterness in most black (and overcooked) teas.

I actually have some Rooibos tea here, I LOVE it!!

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:Black coffee is the way to go. Espresso is even better. Much more concentrated caffeine delivery vehicle. (Although less total caffeine than a cup of drip - ~80 vs ~120 mg.)

ewwww ewwww ewwwww super barf!!! coffee is sooooo nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even comprehend cold coffee!!!!!!!!1

chemvictim

mommadeb1 wrote:ewwww ewwww ewwwww super barf!!! coffee is sooooo nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even comprehend cold coffee!!!!!!!!1

So, am I to understand that you do not care for coffee?

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:ewwww ewwww ewwwww super barf!!! coffee is sooooo nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even comprehend cold coffee!!!!!!!!1

its way better actually. And a scoop of nestle quik makes it taste like hot chocolate, well hot coffee at least