Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

anyone catch the new Kiefer Sutherland show Touch wednesday night? If you like feel good stories, you'd probably like this show. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Leahbh wrote:anyone catch the new Kiefer Sutherland show Touch wednesday night? If you like feel good stories, you'd probably like this show. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

I missed the first 15 minutes... I love Kiefer so I'll probably give it a try for a bit. It looks interesting.

They're going to start filming the 24 movie in April.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Ok, since I ran out of my shows on Hulu I watched the first three episodes of The Finder. It's alright. The characters are a bit wooden, but it sort of works. It was better than watching the news recaps on PBS that take up Friday night here. BBC night on PBS tonight so no worries there. Not getting as much work done as I'd like, but this week is absolutely exhausting.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

Ok, so my Nielsen diary finally arrived. The guy on the phone assured me there would be instructions for including Hulu viewing (because we only get 1 over the air station and that's PBS). Nope, nothing, not a single thing mentioning streaming TV to your TV. I sent an email, but I'm thinking I'll have a rather bland book.

I guess I'll write in the back all the shows I watch on Hulu, in the comments section. Just because I don't watch them while they broadcast should not mean they don't count, and people who insist that live stream is the only thing that matters, they need to get out of the 1980s. I watch all the Hulu ads, even if they are stupid, that should count for something!

Leahbh

KtCallista wrote:Ok, so my Nielsen diary finally arrived. The guy on the phone assured me there would be instructions for including Hulu viewing (because we only get 1 over the air station and that's PBS). Nope, nothing, not a single thing mentioning streaming TV to your TV. I sent an email, but I'm thinking I'll have a rather bland book.

I guess I'll write in the back all the shows I watch on Hulu, in the comments section. Just because I don't watch them while they broadcast should not mean they don't count, and people who insist that live stream is the only thing that matters, they need to get out of the 1980s. I watch all the Hulu ads, even if they are stupid, that should count for something!

do you watch hulu on your tv? i think you can put down anything that you actually play on your tv.

I didn't even send mine back. They picked the week of the 4th of july to send me the book and I was helping with a fireworks stand the whole week, so i didn't watch any tv!

KtCallista

Leahbh wrote:do you watch hulu on your tv? i think you can put down anything that you actually play on your tv.

I didn't even send mine back. They picked the week of the 4th of july to send me the book and I was helping with a fireworks stand the whole week, so i didn't watch any tv!

You have to place the TV station for each show and for DVR/recorded shows you don't actually write when you watched them, you just make a note in the back that you recorded it.

We don't have a local ABC, FOX, NBC, etc... (we have PBS, that's it) so I have no call sign for those. I could write HULU I guess, I wonder if someone would get their nickers in a twist for that.

I really got the feeling that they didn't want time displacement to be recorded (when you watch any time other than when it airs).

KtCallista

I got directions! It does get to count if it's a current episode!

please write the website address in the Station Name column, and “Internet” or “PC” in the Channel No. column. In the Program Name column in the diary write the Station Name, name of the movie or the name of the program, title of program, and/or episode number, along with the original date and time it aired, if available, and draw a line down the page for the length of time the set is being used in this way.

If are streaming a program or movie to your TV that is not current, in the Program Column, write “Streaming - Netflix, Hulu.com, etc.” or the website you are streaming from and draw a line down the page indicating how long this occurred.

In Step 1, near the question regarding what devices are connected to your TV set, please write a note listing any device you are using to stream the internet to your TV.

For any TV that is being used for only internet streaming write "THIS TV IS ONLY USED AS A COMPUTER MONITOR" or note any other way it is used for example "Used for DVDs" in the comment section inside the back cover page, along with any other comments.

I posted it here, not that most of you care, but because repeated google searches couldn't find this answer. So Bones, Finder - probably, and definitely CASTLE, will all get credit this week from Hulu.

KtCallista

Did anyone else watch GCB? When there wasn't a Castle, being sick and in the start of 20 days of pledge on our only TV station, my husband wanted to watch it. He really liked it. I thought it was ok. Anyone else?

Leahbh

KtCallista wrote:Did anyone else watch GCB? When there wasn't a Castle, being sick and in the start of 20 days of pledge on our only TV station, my husband wanted to watch it. He really liked it. I thought it was ok. Anyone else?

I was going to, because Kristin Chenoweth is awesome and from here (oklahoma!) but I just couldn't do it. I hated desperate housewives and GCB is going to replace it. Also, The C stands for Christians and I just can't watch Christians being shown like that. I just can't, not even for Kristin.

KtCallista

Leahbh wrote:I was going to, because Kristin Chenoweth is awesome and from here (oklahoma!) but I just couldn't do it. I hated desperate housewives and GCB is going to replace it. Also, The C stands for Christians and I just can't watch Christians being shown like that. I just can't, not even for Kristin.

We were wondering what it stood for. I think it's so overly over the top that it's so firmly into the realm of humor it's not insulting, and I am a Christian. I think the only people that would be offended are those who are the offenders being made fun of, and they aren't really Christians anyway. The "high school" drama being important when your kids are old enough to be in high school, it just adds to the unreality of the situation. Like I said, I thought it was OK. Orc spent 9 years in SC and in and around the "must go to church" culture. He finds it a lot funnier than I do.

MikeWeiner

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MikeWeiner
mistshika wrote:my little pony: friendship is magic, 9/17

I can't believe I may have to consider myself a Bronie! My kids, actually, my SONS got into this show and come to find out the huge teenage and college age male following it has!

My favorite is the fan videos on YouTube, but if you don't watch the shows, those vids become meaningless.

So what started out as a "Sure kids, I'll watch this, though its a little disturbing since it looks like its made for grade school girls..." has become "NO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAVE DERPY!!!"

Bronies know what I mean. ;)

MikeWeiner

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MikeWeiner
Leahbh wrote:anyone catch the new Kiefer Sutherland show Touch wednesday night? If you like feel good stories, you'd probably like this show. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

When is this coming back? FINALLY Community returns next week (proving there IS a God), but I'd really like to see Touch again.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
KtCallista wrote:We were wondering what it stood for.
snip

GCB is based on a book called Good Christian B*tches. The TV show was going to be called Good Christian Belles and then renamed.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista

MikeWeiner wrote:I can't believe I may have to consider myself a Bronie! My kids, actually, my SONS got into this show and come to find out the huge teenage and college age male following it has!

My favorite is the fan videos on YouTube, but if you don't watch the shows, those vids become meaningless.

So what started out as a "Sure kids, I'll watch this, though its a little disturbing since it looks like its made for grade school girls..." has become "NO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAVE DERPY!!!"

Bronies know what I mean. ;)

The new ponies (as opposed to the '80s shows) are on our to rent list. Glad to see another Bronie sharing the love, my husband approves!

Mayvn - thanks, I'll tell Orc.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
KtCallista wrote:Ok, so my Nielsen diary finally arrived. The guy on the phone assured me there would be instructions for including Hulu viewing (because we only get 1 over the air station and that's PBS). Nope, nothing, not a single thing mentioning streaming TV to your TV. I sent an email, but I'm thinking I'll have a rather bland book.

I think Hulu probably counts their viewership separately, but I'm sure Nielsen still would like to know that since they may not be privy to Hulu's numbers. Even if you're not watching broadcast, Nielsen wants to know that. We all (in broadcasting) do.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:I got directions! It does get to count if it's a current episode!

I posted it here, not that most of you care, but because repeated google searches couldn't find this answer. So Bones, Finder - probably, and definitely CASTLE, will all get credit this week from Hulu.

It's interesting to me... I always want to know more about the ratings because they help determine how much our company makes, and I'm not allowed to participate in the ratings end (understandably).

Skye — 1997-2007

Leahbh

MikeWeiner wrote:When is this coming back? FINALLY Community returns next week (proving there IS a God), but I'd really like to see Touch again.

It starts March 22, 9 p.m. ET/PT. I'm pretty sure they'll re-air the pilot first.

I'm so excited about Community coming back!!! Did you hear about the animated episodes that are going to air on hulu? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/04/community-animated-shorts-hulu_n_1319450.html

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:It's interesting to me... I always want to know more about the ratings because they help determine how much our company makes, and I'm not allowed to participate in the ratings end (understandably).

I'm happy to hear a broadcasting company that is happy to get online ratings information. I just got notified I'm being asked to do another survey. Since we have virtually no airwaves stations and cable doesn't work for our lifestyle, I obviously want to continue to see online participation and success!

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:I'm happy to hear a broadcasting company that is happy to get online ratings information. I just got notified I'm being asked to do another survey. Since we have virtually no airwaves stations and cable doesn't work for our lifestyle, I obviously want to continue to see online participation and success!

I just wish CBS would buy into Hulu; it's so much better than their site.

Skye — 1997-2007

Leahbh

jqubed wrote:I just wish CBS would buy into Hulu; it's so much better than their site.

I agree. I also wish CBS was available onDemand with my cable company.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

So is anyone watching Revenge? I saw earlier in the thread it was mentioned very very briefly, but I picked it up last weekend on a whim and I'm sort of enjoying the campiness of it all (I'm halfway through the available episodes, so.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

Leahbh

inkycatz wrote:So is anyone watching Revenge? I saw earlier in the thread it was mentioned very very briefly, but I picked it up last weekend on a whim and I'm sort of enjoying the campiness of it all (I'm halfway through the available episodes, so.)

I had planned on watching it, because I liked Emily VanCamp on everwood, but never got around to it.