cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, if you didn't get in on Stillman Brown's Chateau d'Abalone, you'll be sorry!

A nice dry White Rhone wine.

Oh, dammit. I was going to see about juggling some cash around and see if I could get it. Guess the decision was made for me.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:Oh you simply MUST watch. It's a sciency smart sit com, just hilarious. It HELPS to have a basic understanding of physics, but it is not necessary, as just the stereotypical social awkwardness of the geeks is enough for entertainment.

Yeah see, I got a stepkid with Aspergers. I don't need to watch TV to see that kind of thing. From the little bit I've seen of the show, that Sheldon guy = Aspergers.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote:From the little bit I've seen of the show, that Sheldon guy = Aspergers.

Definitely.

Classic 'Aspy genius' as we now know to call them...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Oh, dammit. I was going to see about juggling some cash around and see if I could get it. Guess the decision was made for me.

I can bring one in May to the bottling for you.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

mother wrote:Definitely.

Classic 'Aspy genius' as we now know to call them...

Yep, I live with that guy. It's just AMAZING how he can be so smart and so stupid all at once.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Bailey's cheesecake is happily sitting in the oven. Fingers crossed it turns out as well as last time!

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:I can bring one in May to the bottling for you.

Thanks but no. Won't have room for it

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:Thanks but no. Won't have room for it

drink it there?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: Plus I was in a testy mood after missing House & Alcatraz due to the delay in the Daytona 500. Stupid cars going around in a circle!

Not so bad if they just went around in a circle. It was the banging into things that caused all the problems.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
bhodilee wrote:Yep, I live with that guy. It's just AMAZING how he can be so smart and so stupid all at once.

True, but it's also more than that - Sheldon is amazingly self-centred, arrogant, and childish. Yet somehow you are forced to like him...

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

klezman wrote:True, but it's also more than that - Sheldon is amazingly self-centred, arrogant, and childish. Yet somehow you are forced to like him...

BAZINGA!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Loooong day at school... all this talk about The big bang makes me want to give it a shot... what day is it on? I am glad Cougar Town is back on...

bhodilee

klezman wrote:True, but it's also more than that - Sheldon is amazingly self-centred, arrogant, and childish. Yet somehow you are forced to like him...

Um, those are classic Asperger traits. The 15yr old has the emotional maturity of your average 8 year old and truly believes he is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the planet. Basically, Asperger people can't empathize and can't read body language. I will have the most bored expression in history on my face when he drones on about a video game and he can't pick up on it. I have to actually say "bowtie's stepson, I'm not trying to be mean, but i'm really no longer interested in this conversation." Within two minutes, we'll be having that same conversation again. And by conversation I mean he'll be talking at me and I'll be paying no attention whatsoever. He also figures that if he want's to do something that means EVERYONE wants to do what he's doing because he's AWESOME. It's painful to watch him try to interact with other people because if they won't do what he wants them to do he gets all bent out of shape.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bhodilee wrote:Um, those are classic Asperger traits. The 15yr old has the emotional maturity of your average 8 year old and truly believes he is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the planet. Basically, Asperger people can't empathize and can't read body language. I will have the most bored expression in history on my face when he drones on about a video game and he can't pick up on it. I have to actually say "bowtie's stepson, I'm not trying to be mean, but i'm really no longer interested in this conversation." Within two minutes, we'll be having that same conversation again. And by conversation I mean he'll be talking at me and I'll be paying no attention whatsoever. He also figures that if he want's to do something that means EVERYONE wants to do what he's doing because he's AWESOME. It's painful to watch him try to interact with other people because if they won't do what he wants them to do he gets all bent out of shape.

That has got to be very difficult!! We have several children at school who have "issues" the thing that kills me is the parents wont accept that their child has an issue and needs extra help... so if it is not documented by a doc... child gets no services and is labeled as "difficult". We all know said child needs extra help...but can't give it to them because we have 18 other students that are learning "on tract"...

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:Loooong day at school... all this talk about The big bang makes me want to give it a shot... what day is it on? I am glad Cougar Town is back on...

TBS, M-F

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Um, those are classic Asperger traits. The 15yr old has the emotional maturity of your average 8 year old and truly believes he is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the planet. Basically, Asperger people can't empathize and can't read body language. I will have the most bored expression in history on my face when he drones on about a video game and he can't pick up on it. I have to actually say "bowtie's stepson, I'm not trying to be mean, but i'm really no longer interested in this conversation." Within two minutes, we'll be having that same conversation again. And by conversation I mean he'll be talking at me and I'll be paying no attention whatsoever. He also figures that if he want's to do something that means EVERYONE wants to do what he's doing because he's AWESOME. It's painful to watch him try to interact with other people because if they won't do what he wants them to do he gets all bent out of shape.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:TBS, M-F

New episodes on Thursday nights, 8pm (7pm Central?) on CBS.

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman

Hmmm...sounds like Sheldon to me. Well, at least now you know he could grow up to be a physicist!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

klezman wrote:Hmmm...sounds like Sheldon to me. Well, at least now you know he could grow up to be a physicist!

Ee is what he says

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Oooh, I might be interested.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I'll buy one or two from you!

edit: oops, should read ahead; CAgirl has dibs if you're sharing.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
polarbear22 wrote:Not so bad if they just went around in a circle. It was the banging into things that caused all the problems.

I thought that was the part why people watched!

CAGrl

sanity wrote:I'll buy one or two from you!

edit: oops, should read ahead; CAgirl has dibs if you're sharing.

Hahaha. I missed out on this one too. If I show up for the tasting, we should open it up and try it. Otherwise, you can get it from Sparky since I'm not sure when I'll be able to see him next.

polarbear22

sanity wrote:I thought that was the part why people watched!

True. But Sparky didn't want to watch.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:True. But Sparky didn't want to watch.

Depends on what I'm watching! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, If you know what I mean!

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Hahaha. I missed out on this one too. If I show up for the tasting, we should open it up and try it. Otherwise, you can get it from Sparky since I'm not sure when I'll be able to see him next.

RPM Tour. July.

MarkDaSpark

And you know you're successful when they start parodying your song!

WOTE Parody! Key of Awesome #55!

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's just funny from the point of view that Sheldon just doesn't get human interaction. At all.

And I still have the episode on my DVR about Settlers of Catan. Just hilarious.

When I first watched the show, I thought Sheldon was some sort of alien!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote::shakes head:

The lyrics in Welsh.

Kitty Meddal, kitty Cynnes, pêl fawr o ffwr. kitty hapus, kitty gysglyd, purr purr purr

Or in English.

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Ye shall no longer be known as TomCat, but shall henceforth be known as ..... SheldonKitty.

Damn song--was going through my head much of the day! Ugh! Good thing it didn't get mixed up with "Alouette" during Period 2 French class. . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:New episodes on Thursday nights, 8pm (7pm Central?) on CBS.

Our house, almost anytime for Seasons 1 & 2.

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Our house, almost anytime for Seasons 1 & 2.

Now you tell me!!! Didn't spill during my visit!

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:RPM Tour. July.

Yeah. I Remembered after I hit post.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Now you tell me!!! Didn't spill during my visit!

Ummm. Didn't realize then that you were such a fan. They'll still be here for your next visit. Richard The Third & A Midsummer Night's Dream coming to our favorite Hill this summer.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:And you know you're successful when they start parodying your song!

WOTE Parody! Key of Awesome #55!

That was....like....AWESOME!!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:Depends on what I'm watching! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, If you know what I mean!

Obscure movie quote from 1979 - "I like to watch."

Anyone know the movie?

My Cellar

cheron98

bahwm wrote:Our house, almost anytime for Seasons 1 & 2.

I have Seasons 1-4. Waiting for Season 5 to be released, should be soon.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
polarbear22 wrote:Obscure movie quote from 1979 - "I like to watch."

Anyone know the movie?

Being There

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

You'd think it was the first time it's snowed in MN...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

coynedj wrote:Being There

ding ding ding

That was a really funny movie. I enjoy Peter Sellers in that one.

My Cellar

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:You'd think it was the first time it's snowed in MN...

Same thing in South Dakota. Hey everybody - if we get snow on top of freezing rain, don't expect to slam on the brakes five feet before your turn and think it'll be just fine!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?