sledged

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sledged
MarkDaSpark wrote:We will!!! See you then!!

Cool, BTW, I was just notified my 2009 Aratas Petite Sirah received Double Gold from the SF Chronicle Competition this morning...that tasting is the very next day!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
sledged wrote:Cool, BTW, I was just notified my 2009 Aratas Petite Sirah received Double Gold from the SF Chronicle Competition this morning...that tasting is the very next day!

WHERE???????? WHERE????

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sledged

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sledged
MarkDaSpark wrote:WHERE???????? WHERE????

Fort Mason, San Francisco

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sledged wrote:Cool, BTW, I was just notified my 2009 Aratas Petite Sirah received Double Gold from the SF Chronicle Competition this morning...that tasting is the very next day!

Congrats! Hope to meet you at d&d!

CT

meganmcgees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meganmcgees

I don't think I can make D & D...BUT, if you do Livermore on Sunday, please add me to the list - thanks!

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

WineDavid and WineDrew -- please let me know if anybody from wine.woot HQ will be attending!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I need to get tickets.

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

TMR will likely be joining us :-)

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

MarkDaSpark

PetiteSirah wrote:TMR will likely be joining us :-)

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Just booked my room at Oakland holiday inn. Getting excited for this event. Is there any updated info on what the stops on Sat/Sun are? My gf and I are definitely in for Livermore on Sun/Mon if it happens. I know ajrod27 is too (we are his +1 and +2 for D&D).

I am a member at Hawley and could ask if they could set something up for us.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Since it appears highly likely I will not have moved to SoCal by then, I am most likely in. I'll sort out the specifics in a couple weeks, though. I may opt for skipping D&D itself and meeting up for post-festivities and other weekend fun.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

trifecta wrote:Just booked my room at Oakland holiday inn. Getting excited for this event. Is there any updated info on what the stops on Sat/Sun are? My gf and I are definitely in for Livermore on Sun/Mon if it happens. I know ajrod27 is too (we are his +1 and +2 for D&D).

I am a member at Hawley and could ask if they could set something up for us.

Glad we didn't scare him away last year. That or he felt the need to bring reinforcements

Haven't heard anything re: the weekend either.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
tenuki wrote:Glad we didn't scare him away last year. That or he felt the need to bring reinforcements

Haven't heard anything re: the weekend either.

I don't think ajrod27 made it to D&D last year. My gf and I got tickets through PS last year, but weren't able to beat traffic and missed the early opening. This year we have both have the day off, so that shouldn't be a problem. Now if only Mark wouldn't bid everything up at the auction....

tenuki

trifecta wrote:I don't think ajrod27 made it to D&D last year. My gf and I got tickets through PS last year, but weren't able to beat traffic and missed the early opening. This year we have both have the day off, so that shouldn't be a problem. Now if only Mark wouldn't bid everything up at the auction....

Ah, oops, yeah, thinking of wrong event he joined us on.

It's always kinda funny seeing what Mark wins afterwards. And sometimes we go in on group bids on a case or something if you're interested.

CT

klezman

tenuki wrote:Ah, oops, yeah, thinking of wrong event he joined us on.

It's always kinda funny seeing what Mark wins afterwards. And sometimes we go in on group bids on a case or something if you're interested.

If I end up not going to D&D and only come to the after-party, let me know if there's something interesting to bid on...I might go in with somebody.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern

I wish the winery my Mom works at was participating in D&D, I could probably get them to kick down a few tickets if they were...

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:I don't think ajrod27 made it to D&D last year. My gf and I got tickets through PS last year, but weren't able to beat traffic and missed the early opening. This year we have both have the day off, so that shouldn't be a problem. Now if only Mark wouldn't bid everything up at the auction....

HEY!! It wasn't everything! Cheron & PS were also bidding on things, and we don't bid on items other wooters are bidding on. Unless it's past their limit.

Course if you let me know which one you are interested in .....

joannevicious

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious

The doctor is IN. I want to go to D&D. I'm thinking 2 tickets. I'd also be interested in tagging along to Sonoma/Napa. This is more likely to happen if people don't mind my DD and kids hanging out. We go up to Sonoma fairly regularly with the ladies and it's always been fine.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

You can add my name to the tasting lists for Saturday, Sunday and Monday as well. It's going to be a 4-day weekend dedicated to wine and woot!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

As of right now, it looks like I'll be attending. So what would be the best way to get tickets? Not 100% sure about the rest of the weekend though yet.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:HEY!! It wasn't everything! Cheron & PS were also bidding on things, and we don't bid on items other wooters are bidding on. Unless it's past their limit.

Course if you let me know which one you are interested in .....

Your name was on at least half the items, even if you didn't win them all And I only bid on like one thing, and that was for the case of Line 39 PS that ended up getting split among the group

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:As of right now, it looks like I'll be attending. So what would be the best way to get tickets? Not 100% sure about the rest of the weekend though yet.

Sounds like y'all might have enough for a second group of 8. I'd just put up a blank list 1-8 and have people fill it in :p.

CT

tenuki

cheron98 wrote:Your name was on at least half the items, even if you didn't win them all And I only bid on like one thing, and that was for the case of Line 39 PS that ended up getting split among the group

Was actually thinking about this after Klezman said he might split, I think you took the initiative on that case and the pedroncelli case, I don't know if any of the rest of us would without you there!

CT

cheron98

tenuki wrote:Was actually thinking about this after Klezman said he might split, I think you took the initiative on that case and the pedroncelli case, I don't know if any of the rest of us would without you there!

Heck yeah. Case lots are always an automatic bid for me, up to $10/bottle. I'm always sure I can pawn off a few bottles on other people, so I never really consult with anyone first. I just do it, and then dish it out on a first-come-first-served basis at the after party, provided payment can come up front.You just have to make sure you hover around the bid sheet towards the end of the evening to make sure yours is the last name on it

joannevicious

tenuki wrote:Sounds like y'all might have enough for a second group of 8. I'd just put up a blank list 1-8 and have people fill it in :p.

Who's doing this? I want two.

MarkDaSpark

Okay, who has already committed/paid PetiteSirah for their tickets?

PS Tickets:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Who still needs/wants tickets?

1) joannevicious
2) jv +1
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Note, list is not in order of asking.

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay, who has already committed/paid PetiteSirah for their tickets?

Please add me to the list of tickets needed. Thanks.

MarkDaSpark

Okay, who has already committed/paid PetiteSirah for their tickets?

PS Tickets:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Who still needs/wants tickets?

1) joannevicious
2) jv +1
3) CAgrl
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Note, list is not in order of asking.

Could have sworn I clicked on Edit button.

klezman

If there's going to be enough for a second round of group rates I might just pop in for D&D also...put me as tentative for further group tix, especially the early entry group tix.

tenuki

I'm two of PS's tickets. Thanks for handling it Mark, I kinda assumed people would just edit themselves as they go :P

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:I'm two of PS's tickets. Thanks for handling it Mark, I kinda assumed people would just edit themselves as they go :P

Hahaha. I thought about doing that but figured Mark could do it. Gives him something to do.

CAGrl

klezman wrote:If there's going to be enough for a second round of group rates I might just pop in for D&D also...put me as tentative for further group tix, especially the early entry group tix.

I'm still tentative. Although the longer I'm unemployed, the better the chances of going. It'd be nice to relax and see all you lovely wooters.

Also, good question. Would these tix be for the early entry?

joannevicious

CAGrl wrote:I'm still tentative. Although the longer I'm unemployed, the better the chances of going. It'd be nice to relax and see all you lovely wooters.

Also, good question. Would these tix be for the early entry?

I want early entry too!!!!!!! *bandwagonjumper*

joannevicious

Oh, also, my +1 is a designated driver.. does that count for anything?

tenuki

joannevicious wrote:Oh, also, my +1 is a designated driver.. does that count for anything?

Website mentions they have des. driver tickets but to e-mail about it.

diazcommunications@gmail.com

CT

bsevern

I would definitely like a ticket.

I might have a +2, but will need to check with them today to see if they're interested.

PS - If you buy six bottles of Concannon Limited Release Petite Sirah 2005 [1.5 L MAGNUM] (Central Coast, California) from artisanwinedepot.com in Mountain View, they are only $11.99 each!! Any takers on a split

joannevicious

tenuki wrote:Website mentions they have des. driver tickets but to e-mail about it.

diazcommunications@gmail.com

Turns out DD prices are same as group rate prices so we can throw him on a group to round it out. I might have another as well. Let me know who's in charge of this so I can have money arranged!!

CAGrl

bsevern wrote:I would definitely like a ticket.

I might have a +2, but will need to check with them today to see if they're interested.

PS - If you buy six bottles of Concannon Limited Release Petite Sirah 2005 [1.5 L MAGNUM] (Central Coast, California) from artisanwinedepot.com in Mountain View, they are only $11.99 each!! Any takers on a split

Hmmm, sounds interesting.

cheron98

bsevern wrote:I would definitely like a ticket.

The bottles of this are really pretty, too. There was a wine shop near me that had them on mega sale for $10 each ... 2 years ago? i think it took a year and a half to distribute them to all the wooters that went in on that one. I've still got 4 left

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:Hmmm, sounds interesting.

Yes, you want it, it's like $13 for a delicious magnum? :P

I'll take two (one for J).

CT