jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
zmanonice wrote:Scott Harvey is listed as one of the upcoming wines on Invino.
Z

I'd take that with a grain of salt. I found the "upcoming wines" aren't 100% accurate. I've seen certain wineries up there for a few weeks/months and then silently disappear.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
jhkey wrote:I'd take that with a grain of salt. I found the "upcoming wines" aren't 100% accurate. I've seen certain wineries up there for a few weeks/months and then silently disappear.

Very true, but I've never seen Scott Harvey listed before.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

redwinefan

tate491 wrote:
On another note, has anyone received any of the Old World Winery stuff from Lot18 yet? If so, have you tried it?

I received and tried the Old World Sterling Pinot which is back up on Lot 18. Not sure what to make of it. It's so different from other Pinots I'm used to drinking that I'm having a hard time comparing it to others.

The first sip gives you a strong, tart cherry taste. Followed by that initial blast, there are a lot of light, subtle layers in this one, so thankfully it's not just a cherry cola bomb which I really despise. Initially, I wasn't a big fan, but the more I drank, the more I kept discovering here.

My enjoyment of this pinot greatly improved when I paired it with some spicy beef stew which is traditionally not something I'd guess would be paired with a pinot, but it really worked with this one as a nice counterpoint to the spiciness in the stew.

This part of the Lot18 Snooth review "There's something vaguely Italianate here, the rusticity perhaps, but this is as distinctive as the come, and probably as divisive as well!" I definitely agree with.

So, I wouldn't call this a must buy, but if you are looking for a different kind of pinot from California, this is worth a gamble. Even though this is a 2006, I think it will still be drinking well at least for the next several years.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
jhkey wrote:I'd take that with a grain of salt. I found the "upcoming wines" aren't 100% accurate. I've seen certain wineries up there for a few weeks/months and then silently disappear.

rpm's cousin, William Harrison, for example.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

redwinefan

ddeuddeg wrote:rpm's cousin, William Harrison, for example.

I purchased a William Harrison from them last Oct. Not sure if they had it listed to come back since then.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
redwinefan wrote:I purchased a William Harrison from them last Oct. Not sure if they had it listed to come back since then.

It was showing from Thanksgiving until some time in January, then disappeared. Sorry I missed the October opportunity.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

keni805

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keni805

Looks like the buywithme deal is limited to 1 per person now.

martinkey4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martinkey4
keni805 wrote:Looks like the buywithme deal is limited to 1 per person now.

I didn't think that would last - you can try and buy it, log back on and buy another (worked yesterday).

Wine and wenches empty men's purses
English Proverb
CT

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

I just bought 8 in one purchase...

CT Updating, please wait....

jhkey

ddeuddeg wrote:It was showing from Thanksgiving until some time in January, then disappeared. Sorry I missed the October opportunity.

Yep, that's one I was thinking about. Keenan was also up there for a while and then gone.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

redwinefan

jhkey wrote:Yep, that's one I was thinking about. Keenan was also up there for a while and then gone.

The coming soon bar is also showing "Conspire by Meander" coming back. If the deal is good, and you have some spare cash, I highly recommend their Conspire RRV Pinot.

hogfatt

jhkey wrote:Yep, that's one I was thinking about. Keenan was also up there for a while and then gone.

They had Keenan on there a couple times. Once for their standard label and the other for their reserve.

jhkey

hogfatt wrote:They had Keenan on there a couple times. Once for their standard label and the other for their reserve.

I saw those Keenans on Lot18. You saw on them on Invino as well?

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

hogfatt

jhkey wrote:I saw those Keenan's on Lot18. You saw on them on Invino as well?

No, you're right. I get them crossed sometimes.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
hogfatt wrote:Yeah, I did $160 for $480. Going to have some 'splainin' to do with SWMBO.

How, exactly? !!!

hogfatt

Bought 8 of the vouchers at one time, used 20% discount.

Sounds like they fixed it however.

martinkey4

hogfatt wrote:Bought 8 of the vouchers at one time, used 20% discount.

Sounds like they fixed it however.

Yeah - I tried to spend my last $10 credit and they said I maxed out my purchases. It was fun while it lasted.

If anyone sees anything they want for $10 on buywithme - I will gladly gift it to you since I got it as a referral.

Also if someone hasn't bought the buywithme deal (unlikely) - use someone else's referral link.

English Proverb
CT

jhkey

Anyone know anything about the DeLille Cellars up on Lot18?

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I still have invites on Lot18 so if you need one, PM me. But quick! They may go bankrupt.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ericclem

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ericclem

I really need Lot18 to offer a good wine that I can drink a) now and b) everyday, i.e. cheapish. These credits are burning a hole in my e-pocket.

JRummel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JRummel
ericclem wrote:I really need Lot18 to offer a good wine that I can drink a) now and b) everyday, i.e. cheapish. These credits are burning a hole in my e-pocket.

Haha, I'm in the exact opposite situation... Waiting for them to offer something really stellar (along the lines of the Juslyn packs that were offered just before this deluge of vouchers started hitting). I need some nicer stuff.

tate491

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tate491
JRummel wrote:Haha, I'm in the exact opposite situation... Waiting for them to offer something really stellar (along the lines of the Juslyn packs that were offered just before this deluge of vouchers started hitting). I need some nicer stuff.

I'd just like them to put something up that ships to Louisiana.. Anyone have an idea as to why the wineries can ship to LA, but Lot18 says they can't?

CT

hogfatt

JRummel wrote:Haha, I'm in the exact opposite situation... Waiting for them to offer something really stellar (along the lines of the Juslyn packs that were offered just before this deluge of vouchers started hitting). I need some nicer stuff.

Same, I'd like some really good stuff to drop my voucher monies on.

michaepf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf

These Lot18 vouchers are ridiculous. I've only been buying one per offer and still feel like I'm getting a steal.

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

keni805

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keni805
hogfatt wrote:Same, I'd like some really good stuff to drop my voucher monies on.

You guys don't like the DeLille deal? W-S shows the lowest price as $70/bottle. 07 was a great vintage in WA and you can't go wrong with Red Mountain.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
keni805 wrote:You guys don't like the DeLille deal? W-S shows the lowest price as $70/bottle. 07 was a great vintage in WA and you can't go wrong with Red Mountain.

I picked up a set of 4. Looked damned good and at a net cost of $20 shipped i could hardly pass it up. Should be fun to compare them with the justlyns in a few years.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

cmaldoon wrote:I picked up a set of 4. Looked damned good and at a net cost of $20 shipped i could hardly pass it up. Should be fun to compare them with the justlyns in a few years.

This just doesn't seem sustainable to me. $140 worth of wine that retails for almost double that for a cost of $20 shipped. This can't go on for long, right?

hogfatt

keni805 wrote:You guys don't like the DeLille deal? W-S shows the lowest price as $70/bottle. 07 was a great vintage in WA and you can't go wrong with Red Mountain.

I just picked up a set of two. Was just hoping for something more familiar to me.

cmaldoon

kylemittskus wrote:This just doesn't seem sustainable to me. $140 worth of wine that retails for almost double that for a cost of $20 shipped. This can't go on for long, right?

That was $20/ bottle counting taxes and shipping. Still, that is 72% off retail (not even counting tax or shipping.)

We ARE being subsidized by BOTH lot 18 AND deal sites though so it will dry up at some point. but then I would see it drying up to the point where Lot18 acts like invino and all of those vouchers will still be good for a while. I can't see them going down in less than a month or 2 of normal operations.

My Cellar

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I'm all over 4 bottles of that! Washington wines are on my buy list this year! And I am riding this wave all the way in!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

alexa84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alexa84

of course the DeLille "doesn't ship to Arizona". nrgh >

I'd seriously consider it if it did.

<--- is ALWAYS available to rat *** my cellar in progress (don't judge!) ***

currently in training for the CSW exam & very excited about it!

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:I'm all over 4 bottles of that! Washington wines are on my buy list this year! And I am riding this wave all the way in!

I am beginning to think that this "Buy List" doesn't actually exist and you just use it as an excuse to buy everything!

redwinefan

kylemittskus wrote:I am beginning to think that this "Buy List" doesn't actually exist and you just use it as an excuse to buy everything!

Sometimes a "Do not buy list" is handy since it can be much shorter

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:I am beginning to think that this "Buy List" doesn't actually exist and you just use it as an excuse to buy everything!

Well this year I actually made a buy list...Washington, Oregon, Italy, White/Red Burgundy, and a few things from Spain and then you enablers seem to suck me in to a few other things, yea you Kyle!

tytiger58

Oh yea and some Riesling....

redwinefan

Andrew Murray is up on RLL tomorrow. It's been a while since they showed up on Woot, but it was on Lot18 in January.

jhkey

Veblen wines at Wal-Mart prices!

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

cmaldoon

jhkey wrote:Veblen wines at Wal-Mart prices!

$70 retail wines
Comparable to $100 Napa wines
Worth $50
Sold for $45
Bought, taxed, and shipped for $20

Walmart pricing yes... Without the requisite decline in quality

My Cellar

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:and then you enablers seem to suck me in to a few other things, yea you Kyle!

What?! I'm the enable-ee! You keep pushing me into FS and splitting deals and such.

martinkey4

cmaldoon wrote:$70 retail wines
Comparable to $100 Napa wines
Worth $50
Sold for $45
Bought, taxed, and shipped for $20

Walmart pricing yes... Without the requisite decline in quality

That's the truth - I picked up a set of 4. You can overprice wine as much as you want to as long as I can generate free money.

With a few email addresses, you can still get as many vouchers as you need.

English Proverb
CT