Winery website

Facebook
Twitter
Yelp

Previous offer
9/20/11

sdfreedive

quality posts: 25 Private Messages sdfreedive

I'm gathering from the notes that this is going to be pretty buttery? Any confirmation?

tabednar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabednar
Imagine4vr wrote:Inspiration Estate 2008 Chardonnay
$44.99

+ $5 shipping

Gifting:
Available (what's this?)
Condition:
White
Product:
3 Inspiration Vineyards Estate 2008 Chardonnay, Russian River Valley 750ml

Hot Damn...Someone just got "out-Cesare'd"

Snooth | Cellar Tracker
Newest Addition: 2008 Avignonesi Rosso di Toscana & 2009 Paraduxx (Duckhorn Vineyards) Z Blend

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
tabednar wrote:Hot Damn...Someone just got "out-Cesare'd"

He's away and asked me to fill in.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Inspiration Vineyards = Automatic Buy

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

found this recent review:

This Chard really stood out as a complex wine, with aromas of flower and apple. On the palate you will taste a blend of apple and pear with very little oaky-ness. (I created a new word!) The finish is smooth and creamy.

Denise really enjoyed this bottle and thinks it is a perfect fit for the season. Not to light and crisp like a summer white, but rather a bit heavier which seems to fit with the cool fall days. http://www.perfectvino.com/2011/11/denises-pick-inspiration-vineyards-2008.html

WineDavid was my Boss!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Imagine4vr wrote:He's away and asked me to fill in.

I love this delegation.

In the meantime WHITE WINE FANS COME ON IN.

;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare
Imagine4vr wrote:He's away and asked me to fill in.

Thanks for helping while I'm at dinner.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

deasmusico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deasmusico

Very tempted as we have seen very little white wine thus far...and the greatest of these is chardonnay.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
Cesare wrote:Thanks for helping while I'm at dinner.

You're welcome, enjoy!

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
sdfreedive wrote:I'm gathering from the notes that this is going to be pretty buttery? Any confirmation?

Not according to the winemaker's comments from the previous offering.

Also, note that this is $5 less than it was before although this is for 3 2008s instead of the previous 07-09 vertical.

twstdvn

quality posts: 72 Private Messages twstdvn
sdfreedive wrote:I'm gathering from the notes that this is going to be pretty buttery? Any confirmation?

It's not buttery... Apples and pears. Very crisp and lean. If you are a Chardonnay geek, you'll love it!

tabednar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabednar

WINERY FACT SHEET

Vineyard: Inspiration Vineyards, Estate
Appellation: Russian River Valley

Varietal Blend: Dijon Clone 4 on 5c rootstock

Harvest Date: September 19th 2008

Brix at Harvest: 24.0°

Total Acid: .78 g/L

pH: 3.51

Alcohol: 13.9%

Fermentation / Cellaring: Fermented and sur
lees aged in two year old French oak barrels for 11
months. The wine and its sediment was stirred,
employing a French technique called “batonage” for
9 of the 11 months that the wine was being cellared.

Bottled Date: August 11th 2009
Release Date: March 1st 2010
Cases Produced: 411

From our own vineyards in the Russian River Valley, this wine was made to compliment
food with very little oak influence allowing for a rich and intense fruit forward wine.

Tasting Notes: Welcome to another Burgundian vintage of this wine! Our Chardonnay is
distinctive, reflecting the Russian River Appellation where it’s grown. Warm days and cool
nights help develop good acid; our slow barrel fermentation in neutral French oak along
with weekly lees stirring creates a wonderful mouth feel while also preserving the fruity
characteristics of this wine. Allowed to naturally go through maloactic fermentation, you
will find a perfect balance of acid and fruit with vanilla on the nose followed by some
minerality and an abundance of pears and apples on the finish; like our red wines, this wine
is unfiltered.

Snooth | Cellar Tracker
Newest Addition: 2008 Avignonesi Rosso di Toscana & 2009 Paraduxx (Duckhorn Vineyards) Z Blend

twstdvn

Thank you everyone and woot for having me back. I'm on the road and need to pull over to respond to you questions. I will do my best to quickly respond...

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

inkycatz wrote:I love this delegation.

In the meantime WHITE WINE FANS COME ON IN.

;)

no kidding!!!

this has become one of my go-to RRV Chards. I love the balance, flavors of beautifully baked apple pie with a kiss of vanilla on the finish. goes perfect with my rosemary roasted chicken & veggies.

WineDavid was my Boss!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

twstdvn wrote:It's not buttery... Apples and pears. Very crisp and lean. If you are a Chardonnay geek, you'll love it!

+1

WineDavid was my Boss!

twstdvn

chipgreen wrote:Not according to the winemaker's comments from the previous offering.

Also, note that this is $5 less than it was before although this is for 3 2008s instead of the previous 07-09 vertical.

I made a deal with woot and I'm at end of vintage and need to make room for 2010v that will be released next month. So nows your chance to stock up.

sfabian37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfabian37

Wait.. What?!?!? Cesare actually goes out and eats dinner???

I didn't know this was allowed!??!

Just kidding! I think everyone appreciates what you do Cesare and I guess you are allowed to have a break every once and a while.

twstdvn

texacaliali wrote:no kidding!!!

this has become one of my go-to RRV Chards. I love the balance, flavors of beautifully baked apple pie with a kiss of vanilla on the finish. goes perfect with my rosemary roasted chicken & veggies.

Shucks... Thank you...

sfabian37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfabian37
twstdvn wrote:Thank you everyone and woot for having me back. I'm on the road and need to pull over to respond to you questions. I will do my best to quickly respond...

Thanks for joining in on the woot-off. I know everyone loves when there is input from the winery.

twstdvn

mschauber wrote:Inspiration Vineyards = Automatic Buy

Thank you!

Ok I need to drive a little now before my next wave of replies... ;)

twstdvn

sfabian37 wrote:Thanks for joining in on the woot-off. I know everyone loves when there is input from the winery.

My pleasure... K car really now going into drive. I will stop in about 10min.

mschauber

twstdvn wrote:My pleasure... K car really now going into drive. I will stop in about 10min.

Jon,
Safety first!

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

diosabellissima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diosabellissima

Oh my god. . .it's like I did this with my mind after complaining about the lack of whites in the last discussion.

Riddle me this, Woot wine gods (since I'm a wine Skippy Squirrel): the truth of the matter is that I'm not really sure what kind of wines I like--- but if, for instance, I'm a fan of the Kaleidoscope White Wine Blend that had been offered up here before (http://wine.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17211) and other such wines, do you think I'll like this? I'm also a fan of Gewurztraminer type things, but they can sometimes be crazy sweet (hence me liking the blend I posted, cuts down on the sweetness).

I realize this is a Chardonnay, but I- being all uncouth and such- don't really know what that means for me. Help!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Thank god a white, now I can pass and rest a bit. MY Fedex guys gonna be VERY busy next week :-)

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

Is this a dry wine? Anybody?

chipgreen

Deezy2 wrote:Is this a dry wine? Anybody?

Yes, Jon (the winemaker) described it previously as "dry, dry, dry". So not only is it dry, it's dry in triplicate.

twstdvn

fredrinaldi wrote:Thank god a white, now I can pass and rest a bit. MY Fedex guys gonna be VERY busy next week :-)

How sad is that. This is my white... ;)

Best part, try it while blind folded and you'd swear it was a red...

chipgreen

twstdvn wrote:My pleasure... K car really now going into drive. I will stop in about 10min.

Haha, your post gave me a mental image of you trying to coax your old Chrysler K car into gear. I know that's not what you meant by "K car" but I found it amusing.

Watch out for the K car police!

twstdvn

chipgreen wrote:Yes, Jon (the winemaker) described it previously as "dry, dry, dry". So not only is it dry, it's dry in triplicate.

Ya
Dry cubed...

teebodo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teebodo

Just wondering where this sits in terms of being fruit- or mineral-forward.
I am a big fan of the Schug Carneros Reserve Chardonnay - minerally and crisp, no malolactic, good nose with nice mid-palate and clean, quick finish - almost like a French Sancerre (I realize not the same varietal, just my impression). Thanks!

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2
chipgreen wrote:Yes, Jon (the winemaker) described it previously as "dry, dry, dry". So not only is it dry, it's dry in triplicate.

Lol.. thanQ

twstdvn

diosabellissima wrote:Oh my god. . .it's like I did this with my mind after complaining about the lack of whites in the last discussion.

Riddle me this, Woot wine gods (since I'm a wine Skippy Squirrel): the truth of the matter is that I'm not really sure what kind of wines I like--- but if, for instance, I'm a fan of the Kaleidoscope White Wine Blend that had been offered up here before (http://wine.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17211) and other such wines, do you think I'll like this? I'm also a fan of Gewurztraminer type things, but they can sometimes be crazy sweet (hence me liking the blend I posted, cuts down on the sweetness).

I realize this is a Chardonnay, but I- being all uncouth and such- don't really know what that means for me. Help!

As the winemaker, all I can say is that your question is a tough one to answer. This wine has some really great favors , but it's also dry with a little more acid then some of the wines you described.

This is a food wine... Hence why I made the blindfold reference.

twstdvn

teebodo wrote:Just wondering where this sits in terms of being fruit- or mineral-forward.
I am a big fan of the Schug Carneros Reserve Chardonnay - minerally and crisp, no malolactic, good nose with nice mid-palate and clean, quick finish - almost like a French Sancerre (I realize not the same varietal, just my impression). Thanks!

Very close actually. I would say it leans more towards mineral... It also has some citrus notes, just not the orange blossom that a Sancerre would have.

jwayner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jwayner

I found this wine uninspiring. Bought it since the lightly oaked, dry, burgundian style of chard is exactly what we like, but the wine just didn't have any of us fighting over the bottle for the next glass. Might have been a shipping casualty since other wooters seem pretty impressed, but both of the bottles were about the same so it probably wasn't an off bottle.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I was on the fence, but that was all I needed to say pass. Bring on the sweetness!!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mschauber

twstdvn wrote:How sad is that. This is my white... ;)

Best part, try it while blind folded and you'd swear it was a red...

Send it with some red food dye.. DIY red wine ;)

--
My CT

twstdvn

chipgreen wrote:Haha, your post gave me a mental image of you trying to coax your old Chrysler K car into gear. I know that's not what you meant by "K car" but I found it amusing.

Watch out for the K car police!

LOL

I'm actually headed to Vino Prima in Santa Cruz for an evening pouring and was trying to get through the SF 19th ave gauntlet. I'm about to get back on 280... This is crazy funny for me...

daledobak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daledobak

convince me, a red wine drinker, to buy this...